22 Days 200-Hour Kriya Yoga Teacher Training Course Level 1 in Rishikesh, India
Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh
This is a fully residential yoga teacher training course systematically designed containing theory as well as practical classes. The Kriya yoga taught on this course mainly consists of different levels of pranayama, Bandha, mantra, awareness, and specific mudras which intends to accelerate inner unfoldment. In the course, you express the method taught by great Swami Satyananda Saraswati.
- Daily yoga practices
- Personal cleaning and Karma yoga
- Practical session, meditation, needed theory
- Kirtan, chanting, video shows, and personal time
- Eligible to register with Yoga Alliance upon completion
- Theory as well as practical training sessions
- Daily vegetarian brunch and dinner
- 21 nights accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Kriya Yoga
Students who complete their subsequent training are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance USA as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®).
The course is open only to those who have ample perfection in Hatha yoga practices. To clarify this more, the participant need to estimate these followings:
- Complete medical fitness; physical as well as mental.
- To be able to hold a posture of meditation for at least 20 minutes without any discomfort.
- To have the capacity to hold the breath for 5 to 10 seconds in continuity of any practice without even slight difficulty.
- Longtime practitioners who want experiences of causal level to be a guide to themselves and others in this path.
Some of you are gifted with special talents who do not require much preparation. They are always welcome as they are naturally eligible for the training. However, this is an exceptional situation.
- Providing of the requisite training to the participants in their endeavor to blossom into integrated personalities with balance of head, heart, and hand.
- Fetch the attention of people to other unnoticed aspects of yoga which you all need for your further evolution.
- Attracting the teachers of yoga in the world who are stuck into the jugglery of physical exercises so that they may see things beyond and help themselves and other in the path of transformation.
- To offer to the world at large well trained Kriya yoga teachers.
Course standards and curriculum
- Training and practice
- Teaching methodology
- Anatomy and physiology
- Yoga philosophy
- Lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers
During the course, individuals undergo experiences which require those to be assimilated within for which Karma yoga is the best means. Depending upon the requirements, Sanatana Yog Sandesh may involve you into this.
Relevant yoga books
- Yoga and Kriya: Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Kundalini Tantra: Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Kundalini Yoga: Swami Sivananda Saraswati
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha: Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Prana and Pranayama: Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
- The Science of Pranayama: Swami Sivananda Saraswati
- Raja Yoga: Swami Vivekananda
- Anatomy and Physiology: not specified
Yoga teacher training and assessment
The entire yoga teacher training is the assessment of the students at all levels. However, there will be one practical and one written tests. Successful students in these tests will be conferred the teacher training certificate of completion.
The daily schedule
The daily schedule starts at 5 a.m. All students have to wake up at this time except in some contingencies. The daily schedule is tentative and subject to change according to need. All classes are held for 5 days in a week.
- 05:30 - 07:00 Personal practices (recommended ones)
- 07:00 - 07:15 Herbal tea/drink
- 07:30 - 09:30 Deeper Hatha yoga training for access into Kriya yoga
- 09:30 - 10:30 Mealtime
- 10:30 - 11:30 Rest
- 11:30 - 12:30 Theory
- 13:00 - 13.30 Fruit / fruit juice
- 14:00 - 15:30 Meditation, lecture, and other practice
- 15:30 - 16:30 Personal cleaning and Karma yoga
- 16.30 - 18:30 Theory as well as practical training
- 18:30 - 19.30 Dinner
- 19:30 - 20:30 Kirtan, chanting, video shows, personal time, etc. (this is an optional session but participation of everyone brings a distinct harmony between all of you)
- 21:00 Bedtime
What is included
- Daily yoga classes
- Meditation, pranayama, and lectures
- Certificate of completion
- A notebook, a pen, a new yoga mat, and Jalaneti pot
- Private consultation
- 21 nights accommodation
- Vegetarian meals
What is not included
- Flight tickets
- Airport pickups and dropbacks
- Day tours
- Tours after and before course
- Any other transport costs
- Students’ personal expense in miscellaneous ways
- Check-in Time:08:00
- Check-out Time:21:00
- Wireless internet
The rooms are airy, clean, with sufficient light, etc. Wi-Fi is available at the main building where students can access. Sanatana Yog Sandesh arranges the accommodation for all courses and retreats in the best of their capacity. The rooms are sufficiently bigger, mostly shared, and very nice to stay in to feel good.
This training will take place at Tapovan in Rishikesh, it is a very ancient city in Uttarakhand province of India.
There are nearby places such as Laxman Jhula, Ram Jhula, Ganga Beaches, Sivananda Ashram, Parmarth Niketan for Ganga Aarti. Students can go and visit many shops, book stalls, astrologers, priests, etc. Between Laxman and Ram Jhula.
You will be served Sattvik (suitable for yoga) vegetarian North Indian food. Alcohol, drugs, or any kind of intoxicant is strictly forbidden. Non-vegetarian food is also not recommended during the course.
Sanatana Yoga Sandesh provides filtered water for drinking purposes. Bring a water bottle with you. The weather in Rishikesh in summer is normally hot so you need to drink plenty of water. On average, you need to consume 3 to 4 liters of water every day. In the class also, you need to bring your filled water bottle.
General food info and food timings
- 07:00 - 07:15 Herbal tea or lemon, healthy drink, honey mixed with plain water before the class starts
- 09:30 - 10:30 Mealtime. This food is your main meal so feel free to eat as much as you can easily digest. At this time, you will be served rice varieties, chapatti (Indian bread), lentils (daal / sambar), salad, vegetable curries, and a dessert on certain occasions
- 13:00 - 13:30 Fruit / fruit juice (fruit bowl with juice / herbal drink / tea)
- 18:00 - 19:00 Dinner. The meal includes rice varieties, chapatti (Indian bread), dosa, lentils, vegetable dish, salad, herbal hot drinks, and occasional deserts
These food timings and food are a general idea and are tentative. There can be substantial changes according to the need. Sanatana Yoga Sandesh provides food / kinds of food and arranges the timings of the food from the yoga course point of view.
According to the yogic principle, there must be at least six to eight hours gap between two meals. On an average heavy food like grains etc.take, three hours to digest and fruit takes 30 to 40 minutes to digest. Stomach-full food at brunch is sufficient for sustaining the body for long hours.
At the same time a light stomach is also required for the afternoon classes. If you need to have something in between you can keep something healthy with you always. Rishikesh has many shops where you can buy many healthy foodstuffs. But make sure that your stomach is empty before you are doing asana and pranayama classes.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Multiple Instructors will be guiding you during each days session.
Location Osho Vision Rishikesh, Badrinath Road, Way upside street in front of S.B.I. Bank, Besides Balaknath Temple, Upper Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249137, India
Arrival by airplane
In order to come to Rishikesh you need to land at Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL). Or you can also fly from your place to Jolly Grant Airport (DED) via Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) or other international airports in India. This way you can make your arrival to Cochin and from there to Fort Cochin.
According to Google, the distance from the Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) to Rishikesh is around 245 kilometers which are around 6 hours car-drive and the distance from Jolly Grant Airport (DED) to Rishikesh is around 25 kilometers which are 45 minutes car drive.
There are available car services at the airport that you can avail. If needed, Sanatana Yog Sandesh can organize safe airport pick up or drop back to and from airports. In that case, if students would be arriving one or two days before the course starts, Sanatana Yog Sandesh can coordinate to accommodate two or three students in one car comfortably to reduce the car fare and for a company on a long drive.
You will need to send Sanatana Yog Sandesh your confirmed e-ticket to let them know the flight number, airlines, airport, and arrival or departure timings, etc. Sanatana Yog Sandesh will confirm you the booking of the car or taxi by email. Their designated driver or staff will be standing at the airport with a placard showing your name and Sanatana Yog Sandesh (Yoga School name). There will be phone numbers to reach Sanatana Yog Sandesh in case of any difficulty in locating their person.
Arrival by taxi
At the airport, there are also government or professional car and taxi drivers to take passengers to different routes. It is recommended to avail these facilities when you arrive at the airport to come to Rishikesh. You can also bargain with the car or taxi drivers to give a cheaper fair.
Estimated taxi charges for airport pick up and drop off (from Delhi to Rishikesh and the other way around) is 4500 to 6000 INR (around 58 to 77 EUR). For airport pick up and drop off (from Dehradun to Rishikesh and the other way around) is 1200 to 1400 INR (around 16 to 18 EUR).
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 20% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.