14 Days 100-Hour Integrated Anatomy and Science Yoga Teacher Training Course in Koh Samui, Thailand
Advanced Practical Anatomy Yoga Course Thailand
All Advanced Yoga Teacher Training 100-hour modules are fully inclusive of the training program, both practice sessions, and lectures, and includes the full facilities of Samahita Retreat, accommodation of your choice, and all buffet meals and drinks. Additionally, enjoy fully filtered water stations for you to fill up and stay hydrated along with electrolyte drink on the buffet. Beautiful setting to support your body and mind at the optimal level so the time invested in your training is most beneficial.
- Up to 5-hour yoga practices per day
- Core fitness activities and indoor cycle classes
- Mantra, meditation, somatic movement, and pranayama
- Full use of the saltwater pool and herbal steam room
- Enjoy the full use of all amenities and facilities
- All-inclusive delicious and healthy food buffet
- 13 nights of modern accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- An overview of the fascial network
- Movement from the perspective of fascia
- Fascia as a sense organ
- Why asana isn’t stretching
Assisting and adjusting
- Quick body scans to identify areas of misalignment
- Active vs. passive assisting
- Using the fascial lines to find alignment
- Cueing fascial alignment
- Communicating with your hands
- The use of action and counter-action in assisting
- Hands-on assisting practice
- Identifying stress and strain in the body
- Key principles of assisting forward folds, backbends, twists, and inversions
- Ethics, consent, and the use of touch
- Understand the principles of safe sequencing
- Using neural complexity to increase the challenge
- Learn how to create purposeful mini sequences
- The use of "peak" poses
- Using anatomy to sequence while maintaining the flow
- Understand the essence of the pose-counter pose
- Specific sequences for spinal health and hip opening and shoulder mobility
The program begins at 5 p.m. on the first day of the course with a group welcome and departure is at 12 p.m. on the last day. The schedule is subject to change at the discretion of the teacher.
- 07:15 - 09:00 Mantra, meditation, somatic movement, pranayama
- 09:00 - 11:00 Led or self-practice asana (live assisting practice)
- 11:00 - 15:00 Brunch and free time
- 15:00 - 17:00 Theory sessions
- 17:00 - 18:30 Practical session
- 18:30 - 20:00 Dinner buffet
Please note that Sunday will be a half-day and Saturday free after morning pranayama practice. Based on request and availability, you are welcome to arrive early or extend your stay at Samahita's residential and wellness programs.
What is included
- Infrared saunas
- Spa therapies
- 13 nights accommodation
- 10% service charge
- All room facilities (air conditioning, fridge, kettle, hairdryer, safety box)
- Applicable government tax (VAT)
- Daily buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Daily housekeeping
- Full practices (up to five hours per day)
- Full total self-care program inclusions
- Herbal steam room from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Mineral drinking water
- Salt water swimming pool
- Welcome drink upon arrival
- Wi-Fi internet
- Yoga and fitness program
What is not included
- Additional activities and services
- Additional meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Steam room
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Environmentally friendly
- Smoke-free property
- Special menu request
- Yoga shala
- Free Wi-Fi
At Samahita, the rooms are perfect for quiet contemplation and relaxation, as well as for catching up on work or email while enjoying the tropical breeze. The eco-friendly buildings make use of cross ventilation, natural lighting, rainwater harvesting, and solar power. There are rooms for couples and singles, as well as loft-style accommodations that are ideal for families or two people sharing. Regardless of which room you stay in, the yoga shala, restaurant, lounge, swimming pool, and beach are only a minute away.
Shared two-bedroom loft
Approximately 50 square meters of personal space, which includes a private balcony. The room is split-level with a loft. Each bedroom has its own private space. There is a fully equipped bathroom shared by both bedrooms. Some of these rooms are equipped with an outdoor rain shower. Each bedroom has a queen-size bed with individual reading lamps and personal built-in shelf space at the headboard. Also included are a large writing desk, bookshelves, and storage cabinet that can be locked and can accommodate even large laptops, a hot-water kettle, and a medium-size refrigerator. The loft also has two wardrobes with sufficient space for luggage, two ceiling fans, and air conditioning.
Just opened last July 2013, guests can enjoy approximately 25 square meters of personal space, including a private balcony. Room features include a queen-size bed with individual reading lamps, a writing desk, bookshelves, lockable storage cabinet, hot-water kettle, medium-size fridge, built-in wardrobe, ceiling fans, and air conditioning. The bedroom section of these rooms is private and includes a dedicated entrance as well as direct access to a fully furnished bathroom, which is shared between two rooms.
Single superior room
Approximately 35 square meters of personal space, which includes a private balcony. The room has a queen-size bed with individual reading lamps and personal built-in shelf space at the headboard. Also included is a large writing desk (2.5 m), bookshelves, storage cabinet that can be locked and can accommodate large laptops, hot-water kettle, medium-size fridge, built-in wardrobe with sufficient space for luggage, ceiling fans, and air conditioning. Fully equipped bathroom with large shower area and room for clothes hanging and drying.
Things to Do
Samahita offers a full Total-Self-Care menu of hands-on treatments, colon hydrotherapy, and infrared sauna therapy. Book them a la carte during your stay or save and get the best value when you book one of Samahita Retreat's value package programs - Detox, Weight Loss, Brain Health Upgrade or Total Self-Care.
At Samahita, the Total Self-Care therapies are designed to induce full relaxation and revitalization, nurturing the whole body. Samahita Retreat has selected therapies to help optimize physical, emotional, and mental health.
The range of therapies is designed to address the special needs of your skin, muscles, joints, deep tissue, and optimal functioning of your cellular health. It is worth the time to indulge and take care of yourself. Enjoy massages, facials, scrubs and skin treatments, such as:
- Therapeutic massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Aromatherapy massage
- Sabai massage
- Traditional Thai massage
- Foot reflexology massage
- Chi Nei Tsang abdominal massage
- Herbal facial treatment
- Body scrub and wrap
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
- State of the art sauna therapies
Your stay at Samahita, on any program or package, includes a complete offering of food across the buffets. The timing of food on the buffet is designed to support your practice and activity level. Equally, how the food is made and what is in it are vital to your reenergizing of life and how your body gets cleaner, lighter and stronger.
Samahita has a team of over 10 Thai cooks and a talented head chef. They make all the food here with care and love. Samahita also hires a large team to ensure everything is homemade and fresh.
Complimentary morning coffee and tea are out by 6:45 a.m. Buffet items are available from 8:15 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. and again in the evening from 6-8 p.m.
Samahita try to cater for a wide variety of diets, displaying all possible allergens, give raw and vegan options while also catering for those who like to eat fish and dairy.
Samahita makes fresh juice daily in their own kitchen for the brunch buffet and offer homemade soy milk, coconut milk, cow milk, brown rice milk, and a homemade electrolyte drink. Fully available for both your taste buds and your cells when you stay at Samahita.
- A full breakfast buffet with homemade bread, muesli and granola
- Fresh fruits from Thailand
- Homemade selection of nut butter and jams
- Fresh and organic salads, sprouts and seeds
- Homemade healthy salad dressings
- Raw dishes, salads, and pastes
- Fermented probiotic-rich veggies
- Vegan milk, dairy milk, and homemade electrolytes
- Freshly made juices and Thai herbal tea mixtures
- Black tea and brewed Hilltribe Coffee
- Freshly made egg options of your choice
- Delicious variety of lunch items, Thai and international
- Tasty and enjoyable variety of dinner items
- Vegan, vegetarian, and fish options
- Raw salad, fishbone broth, green detox soup, miso soup, steamed veggies, and greens
Coffee, juice, and treat bar
Available to order directly at the bar
- Organic hill tribe Thai coffee barista-style
- Bulletproof (keto) coffee
- Mocha, matcha, and vegan bulletproof coffees
- Tea, chai, and matcha green tea
- Fresh squeezed juice combinations
- Wheatgrass and gotu kola shots
- Freshly made smoothies
- Probiotic drinks
- Whey protein, vegan protein, MCT oil, cacao
- Homemade chocolate treats
- Homemade energy balls and granola bars
- Gelato homemade Italian-style ice cream
- Take-away homemade spreads and treats
- A la carte food menu
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Raw Food
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Arielle has spent nearly 20 years studying the human body, its performance, and factors that contribute to wellness. Her passion and knowledge led her to a decade long career training athletes and educating fitness professionals. Arielle has been teaching yoga since 2004 and she holds a degree in Kinesiology, along with certifications in Mysofascial Compression Techniques©, Strength and Conditioning, and Nutrition and Wellness.
Location Samahita Retreat, 55/20-24 Moo 4, T. Namuang, Koh Samui, Surat Thani, 84140 Thailand
Driving direction from the Koh Samui ring road 4169
- Take road 4173 at the Namuang waterfall intersection.
- Follow the road for 3 km until the 4-way intersection at Ban Thale, turn right on to road 4170 towards Laem Sor Pagoda or Thong Krut.
- Continue for approximately 1 km, then turn left where you see signs for Mor Din restaurant, Easytime resort and Samahita Retreat (fawn coloured back- light sign).
- After 700 m you will arrive at the end of the road on the beach and the location of Samahita Retreat. The reception is right on the beach while the guest accommodations are opposite the beach.
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Samui Airport (USM). Sahamita is forty-five minutes away from Koh Samui airport, and taxi drivers will know how to get to Laem Sor. Sahamita recommend that you book a taxi pickup with them, just to be sure.
Bangkok Airways and Thai Airways fly directly to Koh Samui from Bangkok. They operate flights every hour daily, and you can book your flights directly online. The first flight out is around 6 a.m. and last flight is around 10 p.m. daily. One-way is around 4000 THB. Travel time is approximately one hour from Bangkok.
Arrival by ferry
- From Bangkok to Samui
Trains for Surathani (which actually stop in Phun Phin, 14 kilometers west of Surathani) leave from Bangkok’s Hualamphong station. The 6:20 p.m. (rapid) and the 7:15 p.m. (express) trains are most convenient, as they arrive at 5:28 a.m. and 7 a.m., allowing you plenty of time to catch an 8 a.m. boat to Koh Samui.
The bus/ferry journey will be an additional three hours once you’ve arrived in Surathani. Songserm offers a joint ticket (train + bus + boat) for around 1,300 THB, which lands you in Koh Samui by 11 a.m.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 50% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 30 days before arrival.