7 Days 6 night Spiritual Quest Siva Yoga Meditation Retreat in Tamil Nadu, South India
Ancient Siddar Siva Yoga Meditation Retreat India
This is a very special programme offered from our Gurukulam to enhance the core connection in Meditation through the ancient Siddar Tradition not known to the world. The programme takes you to two different ancient spiritual temples and places that are over 1500 years old if not older to spend time and meditate there. This introduces you to the ancient Siva Yogam tradition. These are mystical teachings rooted in Siddha Tirumular's teachings designed for you.
These are mystical teaching for all and at any age who seek a spiritual connection to themselves and the greater consciousness. It is the beginning of a journey for those who wish to develop themselves on a higher plain of meditational practices. It leads you to the ultimate goal in life - the union between the 'self' and greater 'Self'.
These teachings are not taught by anyone except at Arul Gurukulam and were unknown to the world.
- Twice daily Siva Yoga Meditation practices in the Ancient Tamil Siddar Tradition ( Morning and Evening)
- Visit 13 ancient temples in Tamil Nadu
- Vegetarian breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
- 7 Days 6 nights accommodation in single occupancy in air-conditioned room
- Use of the swimming pool in one’s free time.
- A place to be silent and to work on the practice
- In the heartland of ancient temples and practices of Tamil Nadu
- Yin Yoga
Join this seven-day meditation retreat visiting 13 ancient temples in Tamil Nadu! Ancient spiritual places will introduce you to the Siddha tradition and Siva yoga meditation practices. These are mystical teachings rooted in Siddha Tirumular's teachings designed for you.
These are mystical teaching for all and a journey for those who wish to develop themselves on a higher plain of meditational practices. It leads you to the ultimate goal in life - union between the 'self' and greater 'Self'. These teachings are not taught by anyone except at Gurukulam and were unknown to the world.
What is included
- 6 nights single accommodation (air-conditioned room) with attached bathroom
- Meditation practices at selected ancient temples (one in the morning and one in the evening) and be a part of the rituals there
- Use of the swimming pool.
- All meals (vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
What is not included
- Anything not mentioned in "what's included"
- Transport from and to the airport
- Porterage at airports
- All items of personal nature
- Any increase in taxes or fuel leading to an increase in transport
Sri Akshardham is located close to Vaitheeswaran temple. This place features a swimming pool and is one kilometer from the railway station. Sri Akshardham is built on five acres of land on the main road between Tiruchirapalli and Pondicherry in a very small town environment famous for an ancient Siva Temple.
Vaitheeswaran Koil is located in India at the longitude of 79.71 and latitude of 11.2. It is a small town on the Tiruchirappalli Chennai state highway. It is 134 kilometers/83.3 miles and it takes about three hours by car. You can travel North East heading for the coast.
Vaitheeswaran Koil is also located 90 kilometers/56.2 miles South of Pondicherry. It takes about two hours traveling on the road by car.
Chennai to Vaitheeswaran Koil is 244 kilometers/152.1 miles. It takes about 5.5 hours traveling by car.
Tamil cuisine is a cuisine native to the Tamil people who are natives to the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Tamil people are famous for their deep belief that serving food to others is a service to humanity. The tradition has a rich range of cuisine and vegetarian traditional dishes. Rice, legumes, and lentils are used extensively and the flavor is achieved by the blending of various spices. Vegetables and dairy products are essential accompaniments and tamarind is used as the favored souring agent.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
Meet The Instructors
Yogi Jayam Karthikeyan
Yogi Jayam Karthikeyan
Yogi Jayam Karthikeyan is one of the upcoming authorities on Yoga. He received his initial training from his father and was followed by formal training and study in Yoga. He has completed his BA Tamil, PG Diploma Yoga, Ms. Yoga and is now pursuing his M.Phil Yoga.
He is now in training to be a healer in the Siddha medicinal therapy practice that is, a traditional system of healing very ancient in nature and has its roots in South India and is considered to be one of India's oldest systems of medicine. It is a system of traditional medicine originating in ancient Tamilakam (Tamil Nadu) in South India and Sri Lanka. The Siddha system is based on a combination of ancient medicinal practices and spiritual disciplines as well as alchemy and mysticism.
Location Sri Akshardham, Mayiladuthurai Road, Vaitheeswaran Koil, Sirkahzi, Nagai, Tamil Nadu, India
Please book your flight to arrive at Chennai International Airport (MAA)
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 20% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.