7 Days In the Presence of Elephants Yoga Retreat in Thailand
Yoga Retreat in Presence of Elephants in Thailand
More than a trip, it is an intense and privileged experience of a lifetime, of reconnection to your being.
Petra will accompany you on this journey with yoga practices, meditations, breathing and exchange time.
There is a before and after the meeting with the elephants If all this resonates with your heart, go for it and join them!
Contemplate the life of elephants and discover their daily lives in an area run by a French family settled in Thailand for more than twelve years. The herd of elephants is happy and well cared for. An ideal ethical place for exchanges and to feed on their strength and wisdom.
Daily practice of different forms of yoga, punctuated by meditations and moments of exchange. To live and evolve through an original experience that will remain etched in your heart.
Group of 8 people maximum.
The retreat held in French and in English if needed.
- Yoga class
- Full board with 3 meals a day
- Stay in an elephant sanctuary in the heart of nature
- Authentic and privileged contact with elephants
- 6 nights accommodation on site (and 1 night in Bangkok)
- Accommodation in safari lodge-style tents
- Hatha Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Transformational Yoga
- Yin Yoga
Hatha Yoga, Yin and Yoga Nidra, meditations, pranayamas, mandalas design, and dances.
Your yoga days will be adapted to the rhythm of the elephant heard.
Teaching will be done in French and English according to the language of participants.
Petra will be your guide in this unparalleled journey.
DAY 1, Saturday
- Arrival in Bangkok in the morning and transfer from the airport or arrival directly at the site arund 17h
- 17:00 Installation in the rooms. Introductory circle
- 19:00 Dinner
DAY 2, Sunday
- 08:00 Breakfast
- 09:00 Presentation of the functioning of the site
- Meeting with elephants
- 12:00 Lunch followed by a rest period (nap)
- 15:00 Walk in the afternoon to discover the surroundings
- 18:00 Evening circle
- 19:30 Dinner
DAYS 3 to 6, Monday to Thursday
- Yoga practice at 7am
- Yoga program or walk with the elephants
- Swimming with the elephants in the afternoon or yoga related activity
DAY 7, Friday
- Breakfast and departure around 11 am.
- Departure from Bangkok at midnight (possible according to your choice of flights)
you can also stay in the region and visit Erawan waterfalls or Kanchanaburi and the bridge over river Kwai.
What is included
- 7 nights accommodation (including one night in Bangkok for the return)
- Transfers from the airport
- 3 meals a day
- 2 yoga classes a day and more
What is not included
- Thai massages
- Sodas and other soft drinks
About 150 kilometers west of Bangkok in the Kwai River Valley.
The place that welcomes you is committed to the preservation of elephants that were same as horses all over the world domesticated in Thailand since over 1000 years.
The sanctuary can be called "a family home" for elephants.
The guardian of the place, François Collier, received the call of elephants more than fifteen years ago and has chosen to dedicate his life to elephant care.
He is offering them a place of healing, a sanctuary where elephants can live at their own pace. Most of them are at retirement age and rescued from tourist camp where they knew the hardship that scarved their skin.
But their body and soul being healed since.
Simple, healthy and regular meals. Thai cuisine offers a lot of vegetarian recipes.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Yoga teacher with 700 hours in YTT, trained in Hatha, yoga for the back and graduate in women yoga and Yoga Nidra facilitator, Petra will take you through a gentle practice, to a better understanding of your body and resourcing in anchoring. Czech, Petra worked for a long time as a haute couture model in Paris then as PR and media manager in the world of watchmaking and jewelry between France and in Geneva, Switzerland where she lives now. She will accompany you in this unparalleled journey, together with Aurore and the GaneshaPark family.
Location Ganesha Park, 31 Mho 8 - Wangdong - Mueang Kanchanaburi - Kanchanaburi 71190 - Thailand
Arrival by Airplane
You can take a bus and get off on the road between Erawan Falls and Kanchanaburi or a taxi. Otherwise, a pickup in Bangkok can be organized, Saturday around 11am. All additional information will be communicated before your departure.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 15 days before arrival.