15 Days Detox, Rejuvenating, Meditation & Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh, India
- Moksha Ashram, Badrinath Road 140, Tapovan, Rishikesh 249192, India
15 Days Detox, Rejuvenating, Meditation & Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh, India
Energizing Yoga Retreat India
This yoga detox retreat purifies your body from toxins, normalizes your metabolism, removes chronic tiredness, makes you light and balanced. Vedansha Institute offers to their guests only the best quality of food ingredients and ayurvedic oils for therapy, without mixing with cheap oils. The effect of the procedures will be evident. All their yoga teachers and therapists are professionals, with 5 to 30 years of experience. The team will show you the result from their programs, by special aura assessment, before and after course.
- Yoga workshop & excursion
- Detox Yoga & Ayurveda program
- 4 Ayurvedic massages and 4 steam therapy sessions
- Asanas, pranayama, mantra & meditation sessions
- Individual herbs suggestion for a well-being
- Detox beverages & juices
- 14 nights' accommodation
- 3 daily vegetarian meals
- Kundalini Yoga
- Chakra yoga
Starts every day all year around except weekends!
This retreat starts with aura check up to see the possible problems in your energy body, it followed by the naturopathic doctor consultation and suggestion of detox therapy with a regime, herbal supplementation, follow up plan. At the end of the retreat, you will get one more consultation and aura check up to see the result of the detox program and get advice for the future.
The Vedansha Institute of Vedic Science and Alternative Medicine was founded by Yogachariya Dr. Sanjeev Pandey Ji. It was established to provide education in Vedic science, holistic treatment and support programs with yogic and Ayurvedic methods in common and non-curative diseases, and help humans control emotions, remove fears, improve their lives, find themselves in a society of modern technology, and open their power in order to feel harmony and happiness.
The institute is accredited by International yoga alliance USA and followed it's policy on Sexual Misconduct towards the client, that makes all their programs safe and secure for female students.
The institute keeps the ancient yogic tradition of Himalayan masters adapted to contemporary service requirements according to international standards of yoga education. Its teachers were born in yogic families and have scientific degrees in yoga, astrology, and Ayurveda. Its yoga masters have spent more than 90,000 hours on improving their practice of yoga postures and meditation.
Its founder, Dr. Sanjeev Pandey, has spent more than 20,000 hours in deep meditation in the Himalayan mountains. Vedansha collaborates with medical doctors and performs research in yoga and cancer in Germany. It also performs special healing programs for people with different diseases to support their health.
Its programs are based on centuries-old traditions and adapted to contemporary conditions that make its clients 99% satisfied.
- Human life: meaning & aim of life
- Yoga - introduction / it‘s origin & development
- Introduction of Patanjali’s Yoga-Sutras
- 8 Limbs of Ashtanga yoga; Yama, Niyama (social and personal rules and regulations) asana (physical posture), pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Concept of three bodies and it's role in yoga practice
- Introduction in Karma, Raja yoga. Meaning, types, role in yoga
- Kosha and it's role in meditation & pranayama
- Concept of 5 Koshas
- 3 Nadis, Ida, Pingala, Sushumna and their role in practice
- Chakras, general concept & role in daily life
- Panch-Klesha (five causes of pain & miseries) / causes of success and failure in yoga
- Earth, water, fire element affirmation in sutras
- Samkhya Darshan, Vedanta Darshan
- Nadis & chakras, the general concept
- What is Kundalini energy, ways of activation
- Kundalini & Chakra
- Concept of Gunas
- Prakriti & Purusha
- Discipline of yoga student
- Obstacles in the path of yoga
- Yoga practical aspects
Asana (beginner, intermediate and advanced level):
- Natural relaxation asana
- Natural standing asana with external rotations
- Forward bending asana
- Backward extensions
- Spinal twisting asana
- Inverted asana
- Balancing asana
- Meditation asana
- Thunder-Bolt (vajrasana) group asana
- Lotus (Padmasana) group asana
Introduction to pranayama
- Basic pranayama techniques & benefits (abdominal breathing, preparational breathing, Kapalabhati, Nadi Shodana with/without retention, Ujjayi breathing, Bramari, Bhastrika, Shitali, Shitkari, Surya Bheda & Chandra Bheda, Ujja)
- The pranic body
- Parana and lifestyle
- Breathe, health and pranayama
- Breathing and lifespan
- Sitting positions for pranayama
- Kriyas (body cleansing methods): (Neti, Kapalabhati, Trataka, Shanka Prakshalana)
- What is mudra and bandha
- What is Ashwini Mudra, its role in the energy body
- Dyana, Ajali, Prithvi, Varuna, Shakti, Gyana, Chin, Shambhavi, Khechari Mudra, Hansi mudra, Vayu mudra, akash Mudra, Shunya Mudra, Surya mudra, Jalodarnashak mudra, Apan mudra, Pran Mudra, shankh mudra, Apan Vayu Mudra, Ling Mudra, Dhyan Mudra, Lotus Mudra)
- Moola, Uddyana Bandha, Jalandra
- Shatkarma (concept, aim, safety, performance)
- Obstacles in pranayama practice
- Standard meditation practice (Om meditation, Trataka, yoga Nidra, sound meditation, mantra meditation, Nadis meditation, 5 elements meditation, breath meditation, Hamso meditation, Ajapa/japa, Ida/Pingala spinal rotation, Hridayakasha Dharana, Panchaprana Dharana, Pranava Dhyana)
- Visualisation & concentration
- Obstacles in meditation
- Concept of meditation step by step
- Postures for meditation practice
- How to integrate meditation in yoga class
- How to choose an object for meditation
- Standard Mantras (Guru, Ganesh Mantra, Shakti Mantra, Gayatri Mantra, Shanti Mantra, Shiva Mantra, 5 elements mantra, So Ham, AUM, Lakshmi Mantra, Vishnu Mantra, Mantra for health, business, children)
- Yoga therapy/Ayurveda
- Using of number of yogic/ayurvedic methods in supporting and treatment of some diseases
What is Ayurveda
- Concept of 3 dosha
- How to identify the dosha
- 6 tastes and their function for balance of body and mind
- You have to have interest to learn Vedic science, personal work on body and mind and not only to spend vacation as on all inclusive resort. Vedansha are spiritual Ashram and do not allow following activity: eating non-vegetarian meal, smoking, drinking alcohol, abuse their staff, show any type of sexual misconduct, manipulating, annoying other clients, damage the vedansha property, study material, interrupt teaching process.
- Individuals with disabilities or ailments, people who have any disease or unfit before the course are advised to refrain from applying. If you join course, and feel worse after this, Vedansha will help you to arrange all required medical help, but they will not allow you to continue the course and your payment will be not refunded.
- Minimum age at the time of admission is 18 years. Applicants aged over 60 years could apply after consultation with Vedansha via email.
- Pregnant women need a medical authorization permitting them to practice yoga from their own country with translation in English
- Any candidate found unfit after the commencement of the course will not be permitted to continue the training and a refund of fees and other charges will not be admissible
- This teacher training course requires educational abilities and the desire to study the program according to the standards of Yoga Alliance USA. Students are reminded to remain aware and respectful of cultural differences among the participants and teachers. Any disruptions to the teaching process or behavior deemed harmful to other students, teachers, or the institute's property is in violation of the rules and policies of Vedansha Institute. Violation of the school's policies may result in dismissal from the program without any refund of the course fees.
- The teachers are not fitness instructors, most of them are spiritual yoga masters who have a completely different way of life and devotion to their practice. Some of them are monks, pandits in temples or swamis. They request you to please be polite and respect their work. If you find something that not suitable for you or for your faith or mentality, please do not put the blame on them. Let them know at the front desk, online or just discuss with Founder Dr Pandey Ji directly if you want any changes and what you find not suitable for you. In 99% misunderstanding will be solved in a good way.
- The course language is English. Any other mentioned language is used for online communication and in some cases can be used in communication during the course on the place. If you wish to get a translator for any other language kindly request to ask about availability before booking. If a booking is done without the request of translation Vedansha have right to cancel the booking and refund the deposit. If translation will be requested on place Vedansha has right to dismiss the client from the course and do not refund the deposit. If a client request to arrange another school with appropriate language ability it can be done upon request if the school with this language is available in Rishikesh for extra costs.
- The booking should be performed by the person who is going to participate in the course. If a booking is done by the third person (relatives, friends, parents etc) the direct participant should send Vedansha an email or scanned copy of confirmation that he/she acknowledge the program, rules and regulations of the organizer.
- Any candidate who decided to change the program after arriving have to apply for it in written form. If you decide to cancel the course after arriving, Vedansha will have to charge amount that covered our costs of 30% of the course days as Vedansha reserve teacher, accommodation, meal prior to your arriving.
Typical daily schedule
- 06:00 - 06:30 Wake up and cleansing
- 06:30 - 07:00 Shatkriya and herbal tea (yogic cleansing with Jala neti (special techniques of nose cleansing), pooja (mantra recitation & fire ceremony purification)
- 07:00 - 08:30 Asanas practical class Ashtanga vinyasa style learning the asana postures under the guidance of the experienced yoga teacher
- 08:30 - 09:30 Pranayama: breathing exercises
- 09:30 - 10:30 Breakfast: special yogic menu
- 10:30 - 11:30 Yoga philosophy/Ayurveda/workshop
- 11:30 - 12:30 Free time
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 16:00 Free time/therapy time
- 16:00 - 17:30 Asana hatha style
- 17:30 - 18:15 Yoga nidra/ guided meditation: guided relaxation practice, meditation and concentration
- 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner
- 19:30 - 20:30 Special event
- 20:00 - 22:00 Free time
- 22:00 - 06:00 Sleep
What is included
- 2 aura check up
- 1 t-shirt with the school symbol
- 1 excursion in Himalaya
- 3 daily vegetarian meals
- 4 ayurvedic massages
- 2 feet massages
- 4 ayurvedic swedhana (steam therapy)
- 13 herbal & fruit juices
- 14 nights' accommodation
- Accompaniment and support during time of staying in the Institute with help provided 24 hours
- Certificate of attendance
- Daily detox tea
- Daily practical and theoretical yoga classes
- Individual detox program
- Mala string of beads energized by a Yogacharya, Dr. S.K.Pandey-Ji
- Some herbs suggestions for well-being
- Study materials
- Yoga cleansing kit
What is not included
- Additional activities
- Airport transfer
- Ayurvedic procedures and consultation
- Detailed aura check-up
- Detailed horoscope assessment
- Naturopathic consultation
Things to Do
During your free time, you can relax in spa or book a detailed aura check-up with a written report about the aura statement, disturbances in aura if they are present, supporting methods, and treatment advice of a naturopathic specialist. You can receive an individual plan of asana postures, pranayama, herbs, and meditative practice. Additionally, you can receive a detailed horoscope assessment with methods of correction according to Vedic medical astrology. Vedansha Institute of Vedic Science and Alternative Medicine provides different spa programs by request.
During this retreat, you will enjoy a daily vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner plus drinks. Every meal will consist of a special nutritious Ayurvedic and yogic menu developed according to the season. For the morning, you will enjoy a detox hot tea with special Himalayan herbs to make you stronger and improve your digestion. Other drinks will include herbal tea, black tea, masala tea, water, milk, and juice.
Please be aware that the meal & beverages that are included during the course program and package are special yogic & ayurvedic. If you wish to try other meals from the Indian or Italian Menu in our Vedansha restaurant, extra costs will be charged.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
The following drinks are included:
You will be able to enjoy 4 authentic Ayurveda massages of whole body & head, with pure herbal oils, from the best ayurvedic companies in India. You will experience 2 feet detox treatments
Meet The Instructors
Sanjeev, Avdhesh, Dr. Usha, Shiva ji and others
Yogachariya Dr. Sanjeev Pandey Ji is the founder of the Vedansha. He has a PhD in yoga therapy and naturopathy, and he is a Himalayan yogi from the seventh generation. 1990 -1995 University of Lucknow with the diploma of bachelor of science (ZBC) in biology. 2008 - 2011 Master degree in yogic science and human consciousness and become a Yogachariya. Since 1999, he began his teaching career in yoga in Rishikesh. Since 2016, PhD in yoga therapy and naturopathy. E-RYT 500 and member of IAYT (International Alliance of yoga therapy).
Avdhesh is an asana teacher for Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga. He was born in Rishikesh, the capital of yoga. His yogic practice started from 2011 after he met various yoga masters who inspired him and encouraged him to come to yoga path.
Having studied Ayurveda and herbal medicine at Kanpur in the Kanpur University in 1966, Dr. Usha completed her internationally recognized bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery in 1997. Her competence is evident in her extensive and varied experience during the past 20 years, has shared her expertise as a lecturer of Kaya Chikitsa at Himalaya Ayurvedic College (Bareilly, U.P.), as a trainee physician in Arya Vaidya Sala (Kottakkal, Kerala), and Panchkarma specialist.
Pandit Shiva Ji or Jyotish Acharya is a famous traditional Vedic astrologer in Rishikesh. He is well qualified in astrology and Vedic science, he completed his Jyotish Acharya (master degree in astrological science) and Ved Acharya (master degree in Vedic science and Vastu Shastra) from Sampoorna Nanda Sanskrit University, Kashi (Varanasi), India. He worked with great Himalayan Astro Masters and he lives and teaches in Rishikesh, sharing his knowledge of Vedanta, astrology, and Vedic karma kand.
He is a master of yoga in traditional Hatha, Ashtanga, pranayama, and meditation styles. He lived in different ashrams during his childhood in north India and learned yoga from Himalayan masters. After he completes his master degree (Yogacharya) in Sanskrit University of Uttarakhand, he started to share his knowledge with his students. In free time Sandeep used to go to a spiritual place in Kedarnath and Badrinath to balance his energy and develop more in his practice. He is very polite and passionate teacher. He can teach either beginners or advanced students as well.
Hemlata Bahaguna (Yoga anatomy, and physiology teacher, physiotherapist). She was born in New Tehri, located in the Indian state of Uttrakhand. After school Hemlata entered in combined (P.G.) Institute of Medical Science and Research (CIMSR), Dehradun where she is graduated in Bachelor of Physiotherapy, during graduation she started working in the field of ‘Effect of physiotherapy on Rib-Fracture & Spinal-Cord Injuries. She is an expert in the field of yoga anatomy & physiotherapy. Hemlata Bahaguna was working in 2009-2010 CMI Hospital, Dehradun (Physiotherapy department & faculty of anatomy).
was born in Holy place and origin of Yoga – Rishikesh . He is practicing yoga since 2008. He is certified yoga teacher with Diplom from Sanskrit University of Haridwar. In 2013 he completed certification of 200 Hours of yoga alliance USA. He practicing Hatha, Karma, Bhakti, Mantra, Gyan, YIN yoga . These experience changed his life. Being a young boy he was learning yoga in Ashram from traditional yoga masters and implemented that knowledge in his teaching as well. Sonu follows yogic life style and 8 limbs of Ashtanga yoga. He is teaching beginners, intermediate & advanced classes.
Lakhiram is one of the best and talanted meditation teacher in Rishikesh. He was born in Himalayan Village and was dedicated for yoga. He completed his education in Himalayan Yoga Institute in Haridwar and choose meditation as main subject. Since 7 years he is teaching in different schools in Rishikesh meditation, mantra, kirtan.
Vedansh Pandey (yoga teacher) is a son of fonder and yogi in 8-th genertion. He is dedicated to continue the vedic tradition of Pandey Ji’s family and be a yogi. He is practicing yoga since childhood, knows very well all types of fire ceremonies, kriyas, shatkarmas. He is RYT 200. He is follower of Bharadwaj Gotra line, keeps bramacharya and doing self practice daily. He masters asana, pranayama, meditation techniques under father’s control and integrate them in his teaching. He is permanent student of spiritual Anandam Gurkul and learns there from himalayan masters secrets of hatha yoga.
Jyoti is a professional female massage therapist. She completed her education in ayurveda therapy and massage in 1995 and performs massage to our female clients as well as shirodhara and other detox procedures as panchakarma.
Dr Shri Jeet
Ayurveda doctor and teacher Dr Sri Jit is practicing ayurveda and responsible for theoretical as well as practical classes in ayurveda therapy, cooking, massage.
Experienced spiritual master, yoga instructor. He born in Hariyana state in India.
Location Moksha Ashram, Badrinath Road 140, Tapovan, Rishikesh 249192, India
Arrival by airplane
From New Delhi airport / Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), take a flight to Jolly Grant Airport (Dehradun Airport) (DED) at Dehradun that located fifteen kilometers from Rishikesh. You can take a taxi from the airport. You can hire a taxi from New Delhi airport / Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) or take Vedansha Institute of Vedic Science and Alternative Medicine's package at an additional cost which covers the cost from the airport to Rishikesh by taxi and back to the airport after completion of the course. Rishikesh is six hours drive from Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL).
Arrival by train
Take a train to Haridwar from New Delhi Railway Station. From Haridwar, there are many transport facilities available to reach Rishikesh.
* Airport: Jolly Grant Airport Airport transfer available: Jolly Grant Airport (US$25 per person)
* Airport: Indira Gandhi International Airport Airport transfer available: Indira Gandhi International Airport (US$70 per person)
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 35% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 5 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.