29 Day 200-Hour Tantra Intensive and Teacher Training in Koh Phangan, Surat Thani
200-Hour Tantra Teacher Training in Koh Phangan
Samma Karuna offers you this 200-hour yoga teacher training certification course in Thailand. This is a non-dogmatic, deeply experiential, and heart-based training. Samma Karuna is an international school of awakening and mindful community for people who wish to learn to live a happier, more fulfilled life based on self-development, acceptance, and celebration.
- Daily yoga classes
- Daily meditation sessions
- Unique program of training
- Certification to register with Yoga Alliance
- Free access to a four-week Awakening and Healing program upon completion
- Optional internship at the school for graduate students
- One daily healthy vegetarian meal
- 28 nights accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Integral yoga
Students who complete their subsequent trainings are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®).
Eight reasons to take your training with Samma Karuna
- Real school of yoga - Samma Karuna is a school that runs throughout the year. The team of senior teachers fully embraces yoga as a lifestyle and path of liberation.
- Non-dogmatic - the school embraces yoga, tantra, Buddhist values, and modern science research as part of the course, whilst maintaining a non-dogmatic and open minded approach, as foundation pillars of the school.
- A heart school - Samma Karuna is based on the development of qualities of the heart such as simplicity, love, kindness, and compassion representing the spiritual heart of South East Asia.
- An exceptional program - the non-dogmatic and scientific approach allows them to provide an exceptionally complete, organic program of training.
- An intensive course in a fun, relaxing environment for you to learn - Samma Karuna believes that life is for learning but also for celebrating, therefore, Samma Karuna provides a fun, relaxing environment where learning and celebration go hand-in-hand.
- A free internship for recently graduated students - the program offers a free internship to teach yoga at their school (optional), for those students that would like to deepen their experiential teaching skills. This is valid for one year after obtaining your certificate.
- A community and family - Samma Karuna is not just a school, but also a community of friends and family that practices a conscious lifestyle and takes care of each other. You can volunteer and receive 20% discount: By volunteering with Samma Karuna for an extra month, you are entitled to a 20% discount on the course price.
- Location - the beautiful yoga school by the beach is located in Koh Phangan, the second largest yoga center of South East Asia and one of the most beautiful islands of Thailand.
The program covers all certification requirements but also includes an exceptional study of yoga techniques and practices.
- Mindfulness in Intimacy
- Energy Body Structure
- Tantric Lineages and Sutras
- Tao Bodywork
- BioDevelopment Practice
- Mantras and Yantras
- Sublimation and Transmutation of Energy (Tao and Tantra)
- Wide Variety of Meditation Practices
- Sexual Education and Physiology of the Body (Tao Tantra)
- Tantra and Self Development
- Touch and Awareness
- Tantra and Devotion
- Path of Innocence and Path of Knowledge
- Solo and Couples Pranayama
- Sexual Control for Men and Women
- Tantra and Trance States
- The Art of Teaching
- How to Structure a Class
- Tantra and Business
- Tantra and Nutrition
- 07:00 - 08:00 Meditation practice
- 08:00 - 09:00 Tea break (fruit and other refreshments provided)
- 09:00 - 09:20 Compassionate sharing
- 09:20 - 10:20 Tantra theory (Tantra lineages, Pranayama, trance, etc.)
- 10:30 - 12:30 Tantra practice
- 12:30 - 15:00 Lunch break (Vegan buffet lunch provided)
- 15:00 - 15:20 Compassionate sharing
- 15:20 - 16:20 Tantra theory (Sexual Education, Sutras, Art of Teaching, etc.)
- 16:30 - 18:30 Tantra practice
Sundays are days off. During the four weeks, the time schedule will be the same, but the topics will change according to the program.
Prerequisites to enroll in the Hatha Yoga Teacher Training 200 Hour Course are previous experience on yoga practice, an open flexible mind, commitment to learning, and motivation to become a yoga teacher. A high level of self-discipline is required during the course as it is physically, mentally, and spiritually demanding but also highly rewarding.
You must be able to read, speak, and comprehend English with a satisfactory degree of fluency.
What is included
- Truly exceptional program of training
- Outstanding facilities with beachfront yoga halls
- One delicious vegetarian meal daily
- 28 days of accommodation (upgradable)
- Certified Yoga Alliance Diploma for graduates
- Possibility to take an extra 4 weeks internship at the school to practice teaching (free of charge)
- Lifetime Yoga Membership for graduates to access yoga classes and daily activities of our school for free
- Concierge desk
- Yoga shala
- Yoga studio
- Parking lot
- Tour assistance
- Wireless internet
Samma Karuna is nestled amongst the palm trees, beautiful beaches, and jungle landscapes of Koh Phangan. The island is a perfect environment for self-discovery and self-development. There are many lodging options available in the area offering a wide range of amenities. All of the rooms have their own private bathrooms.
Comfortable and spacious bungalow room with amenities and sea view.
Standard private medium range bungalow with air conditioner.
Simple and clean bungalow with fan or standard medium with air conditioner shared with another student.
- Yoga halls - Two wooden fully-equipped yoga halls nestled in the forest of Koh Phangan and just 200 meters from the beach.
- Welcome center - Samma Karuna is happy to serve you in anything they can to make your stay with them as positive and productive as possible. The kind staff members are there to help with any issues.
- Free Wi-Fi - Free Wi-Fi hot-spot is available for students and guests.
- Free water - Free filtered water is available at the school.
Samma Karuna is located in front of the beaches of Koh Phangan, a paradisiac island in the Gulf of Thailand. The accommodation is nestled amongst palm trees, beautiful beaches, and jungle landscapes with stunning mountain views. Thong Sala city center is only a 15-minute drive away. Crossing the street from the school, you will find an ATM.
Also you will be able to enjoy "Art Café" - a very famous and cozy coffee shop. The shopping villa Srithanu is just a 5-minute walk away and there you can find supermarkets, a recreational aquatic center as well as restaurants serving both local and international food.
- Family Mart Haad Chap Phao, 100 meters
- Srithanu - 5 minutes' walk
- Thong Sala, 5 kilometers - 15 minutes' drive
Things to Do
The location of Samma Karuna is also perfect to enjoy the most popular tourist attractions of Koh Phangan. You can experience popular attractions such as diving, trekking, visiting the Thong Sala night market, enjoying Thai cooking classes, dip in the pools, taking a massage shower, resting in beautiful beaches with incredible sunsets, discovering waterfalls, and being amazed by beautiful natural landscapes!
You will be provided one vegetarian meal a day. You may eat healthy and tasty food served at Samma Karuna's vegetarian and vegan restaurant. Monosodium glutamate, sugar, industrial salt, gluten, refined oil, or artificial flavoring are not used. The menu is designed to optimally support you in your yoga practice.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Ishi is the creator of the bio-development platform and has nine years of experience in different music therapy backgrounds. He is the founder of Samma Karuna and an international teacher, holding a background in a wide spectrum of disciplines including Tantra, Taoism (Tao garden instructor), bio-development, Biodanza, and meditation.
Aliona started her spiritual journey 8 years ago practicing yoga and meditation. In 2012 she met her meditation and reiki Master Mika and her Guru Swamiji, founder of Om Reiki Family Trust. She spent two years helping them in Om Reiki ashrams and centers in Russia, France and India, learning different types of meditation, mind/body awareness, pranayama and healing techniques. Aliona moved to India in 2014 where she was staying with the Osho community in Pune. There she facilitating different Osho active meditations and practiced Reiki. For the last three years she has been traveling and tea
Bruno did live for two years at the Meditation centre Wat Ram Poeng in Thailand where he practiced and taugth Meditation. He lived at Osho Meditation community at Pune, India, for 7 years where he learn Emotional awareness and Tantra. He facilitates self-discovery courses since over 20 years ago throughout the whole world. He offers meetings, courses and intensive retreats on self-discovery, Meditation, Co-dependency, Tantra trainings and one week intensives on Tantra for couples with Astiko.
His journey began in 1996 by practising Kundalini Yoga, followed by a worldwide constant expansion into personal development such as NLP, EFT, Nutrition and Longevity, Life Coaching, and Tantra. He is now a certified Yoga Instructor in Kundalini Yoga (3HO) and recently in Sattva Yoga Matteo started his exploration into Tantra by studying Classical Tantra with Agama Yoga. By later becoming a facilitator of Tao Tantric Arts, a fusion of Ancient Tao Sexual Arts and Tantra based on the work of Master Mantak Chia (taotantricarts.com). He deepened his knowledge by studying Sexual Shamanism with IST
Leonie was running a psychology practice in the clinical field for 7 years, working as a psychologist together with a team of therapists. Combining regular therapy with breathing and meditation exercises, to clients who were dealing with depression, fear disorder and PTSD. She offered as well couples therapy in the last 3 years of running the practice. Tantra has been practicing and teaching Tantra for about 8 years and combine's it with her experience on the therapeutic field and breath work. "I see offering tantra as an art, allowing people to flow through the class and adapting the class
Vibha Lasya is working and teaching internationally in the field of Tantra since 1990. She was initiated by the Enlightened Mystic Osho in India in 1979 and lived there, immersing herself totally in the world of meditation, dance and inner transformation, for 25 years. During those years she was also trained and certified through the Academy of Healing Arts, the Institute of Love and Consciousness, the School of Mysticism and the Meditation Academy of the Osho Multiversity with international masters of their fields. Vibha has extensively trained in Tantra and Tantra Sacred Dance with many te
Location Samma Karuna, 84/13 Moo 8, Haad Chao Phao, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani Province, Thailand
- (USM) Samui Airport 26 km Transfer not provided
- (URT) Surat Thani Airport 114 km Transfer not provided
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Samui Airport (USM) or Surat Thani International Airport (URT).
Samui Airport (USM) is the nearest airport from Koh Phangan. A connecting ferry will have to be taken from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan. From Samui Airport (USM), there is a shuttle service going to the ferry ports for Koh Phangan (this is usually available as a free service). Please ask for this service when you purchase the ticket for the ferry in the Seatran / Lompraya ferry counter as you exit Samui Airport (USM).
Please note that Samui Airport (USM) is not an international airport. You can also book your flight to arrive at Surat Thani International Airport (URT). Air Asia flies from Bangkok to Surat Thani daily. The flying time is about 50 minutes. The transfer from Surat Thani International Airport (URT) to Donsak ferry port is by coach or taxi and takes about one and a half hours. At Donsak port, you transfer to the Raja ferry to Koh Phangan which takes three hours. While the overall journey is longer than flying directly to Koh Samui, it can be cheaper to fly via Surat Thani, depending on the time of year.
Arrival by bus
There are many bus services from Bangkok to Koh Phangan. Most of these are sleeper buses. They can be booked from travel agencies in Bangkok or by going to the central bus station (Sia Thai). The journey takes about 10 hours to Donsak, the ferry port for boats going to Koh Phangan. From Donsak, the journey takes around three hours to Koh Phangan. Usually, the ferry is included in the price of the bus.
Arrival by ferry
You can take a ferry which leaves Koh Samui at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m from the Seatran pier to Koh Phangan. The Seatran pier is located near the airport, approximately a 10-minute drive. Besides that, you can also take a ferry from the Lompraya pier at 8 a.m., 11.15 a.m., 12.30 p.m., and 5 p.m. The Lompraya pier is located 50 minutes from the airport. Please take this into consideration when booking the rest of your journey. Ferries arrive in Koh Phangan at Thong Sala Pier.
Samma Karuna has a transfer service from the Thong Sala pier to the school location. Please notice Samma Karuna about your date and time of arrival to Thong Sala pier and they will pick you up. Otherwise, you can get to the school from Thong Sala pier by renting a motorbike (about 150 BHT) or by taking a taxi (about 300 BHT).
Arrival by train
Trains leave Bangkok several times daily and the journey time is about 12 hours. Sleeping booths are available for some services. Leaving the train at Surat Thani, the transfer by coach or taxi from Surat Thani station to Donsak Pier takes about one and a half hours. From Donsak, the ferry journey takes three hours to Koh Phangan.
There are two companies that run luxury coach services from Bangkok to Chumphon which takes about six hours. At Chumphon, you transfer to a large express boat that stops at Koh Tao before arriving at Koh Phangan. The boat journey from Chumphon to Koh Phangan takes about two and a half hours.
Arrival by taxi
Local taxis are available from the pier. Please inform the taxi to go to Samma Karuna Srithanu. Please print out the instructions in Thai to give to the taxi driver. This will avoid any unnecessary delay and frustration. Taxis are approximately 200-300 THB per person.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable if the booking is canceled.