13 Day 100-Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training Course in Goa
Goa Yoga Teacher Training
Let Yin yoga to be an art, a philosophy, and a way of life. Our Yin therapy teacher training can be a gateway to experience a deep opening in both body and mind, to reconnect to your true self. Yin yoga is a quiet, mindful, and contemplative practice, which allows us to open our body, soul, and mind to present experiences. It interweaves the insights and practices of yoga, Taoism, and oriental medicine into an integral meditative and therapeutic yoga practice.
- Daily yoga class
- 13 days of practice
- Guided meditation sessions
- Suitable for intermediate level
- Chanting, Kirtan, Indian music, and movie nights
- Daily healthy breakfast and dinner
- 12 nights accommodation
- Yin Yang Yoga
- Zen yoga
- Yin Yoga
This is so much more than just stretching. With the successful completion of the training, you will receive a Yin yoga teacher training certificate and a Yin yoga therapy diploma as a component of Alexandra Denkinger M.D.(Acu) physical therapy practice, licensed and registered as a doctor of medicine in acupuncture M.D. (ACU) by the Indian Board of Alternative Medicine. Ideally, students will have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training. However, this is not compulsory.
Daoist elements, meridians, acupoints, and mindfulness
Yin yoga is a quiet, mindful, and contemplative practice, which allows you to open your body, soul, and mind to present experiences. It interweaves the insights and practices of yoga, Taoism, and oriental medicine into an integral meditative and therapeutic yoga practice. In Yin yoga, you take the time to listen to your body closely, explore the concepts of resistance and surrender, of hold and release.
Devarya Wellness creates the space to work your way through layer upon layer of habitual holding patterns of emotional history deep inside your connective tissues. Whilst exploring your physical and your mental boundaries, you connect to the transformative possibilities of being present with sensation. To stretch your limitations means to experience mindfulness principles on all levels of your being, to release physical and energetic tension, and to free stagnant or blocked energy.
If you are up for exploring more of this, join your 100-hour Yin yoga therapy training in Goa from the 15th to the 28th of September. They will guide you on the path to gain the knowledge, the practical experience, and the certificate to share this wisdom.
Yin yoga therapy teacher training essentials
- Rejuvenate the body, maintain, and improve mobility
- Connect to a peaceful Zen state of mind
- Heal through knowledge of the meridian energy flow in your bodies, harmonize the chi flow body, mind, and soul
Yin yoga therapy teacher training content
You will get a solid understanding of Yin yoga as a mindful healing modality. You look into the Yin-side of yoga from all angles and you will learn to integrate the essential elements of a classic Yin practice with a focus on the therapeutic and mindfulness aspects. You will dive deep into the Taoist healing wisdom of Chi and the Meridian flow and you will learn how to apply Yin yoga as a therapy. You will get to know about acupressure points for the poses and how to create sequences according to physical or emotional issues.
Oriental medicine and Daoist philosophy open up opportunities to deep healing and profound transformation. The knowledge about the five elements will give you resources of inspiration for your teaching practice. You will get the opportunity to practice teaching yourself to create your own style in the art of teaching Yin to master the subtle art of creating the ideal environment for a transformational experience of body, mind, and soul to take place.
Yin yoga therapy teacher training curriculum
Yin yoga context
- People and history of Yin yoga
- The components of the practice
- The challenges of the practice
- The principles of the practice
Yin yoga teaching and practice
- The classic Yin poses, variations, and additional upper body poses
- The asana - analysis - principle
- Sequences for each Meridian and Daoist element
- The art of teaching Yin
- Daily practice and embodied practical teaching experience
Therapeutic aspects of Yin yoga
- Yin and Yang and Chi
- The Daoist elements
- Oriental medicine Meridians and their healing wisdom
- The three treasures - Jing, Chi, and Shen
- Acupressure points for each meridian and pose
- Zen state of mind
- Tools to transformation
- The power of visualization
- The power of breath
- The power of the Dan Tiens
- History, concept, and practice of mindfulness
- Invitation to mindful living
Yin yoga and the movement - mechanics of the body
- The theory of exercise - maintaining and improving mobility
- Deep into the fascia and your Yin tissue
- Everyone’s unique variation of the structure of your skeleton
- Compression versus tension
- Aesthetic versus functional alignment
- Daily yoga practice
- Daily Yin yoga practice and additional morning class for self-practice of dynamic Yang styles of yoga as it is all about the balance
What is included
- 12 nights accommodation
- Tax, bed linen, bath towels, hand soap, and housekeeping services at Devarya Wellness
- Yin yoga training certification plus all yoga props
- 2 healthy, vegetarian, and vegan buffet meals (breakfasts and dinners)
- Filtered drinking water and hot drinks including lemon ginger and chai (full day)
- A variety of evening activities open to all throughout your stay (Indian Kirtan, Osho meditations, Indian music, movie nights, chanting, and meditation)
- Full use of resort amenities (two swimming pools, relaxation areas, gardens, and private beach access with sun loungers)
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- Pool towels
- Smoke-free environment
What is not included
- Visa fees
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Holistic treatments
- Therapeutic treatments and therapies
- Beach towels
- Check-in Time: 14:00
- Check-out Time: 10:30
- Steam room
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Concierge desk
- Dining area
- Environmentally friendly
- Luggage room / storage
- Meditation garden
- Multilingual staff
- Smoke-free property
- Special menu request
- Yoga shala
- Baby sitting
- Bicycle rental
- Board rental
- Car rental
- Currency exchange
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Internet access
- Ironing / ironing board
- Medical assistance
- Parking lot
- Tour assistance
- Outdoor shower
Devarya Wellness offers you an escape from the mundane. Their luxurious accommodation set in and around their tropical lush gardens is located just a minute walk from the Morjim beach also known as Turtle Beach and is specially designed to give you the retreat break that you deserve. Their rooms across the property which spans 7000 square meters, seamlessly blends the elements of a Goan Portuguese heritage with the aesthetics of Rajasthani royalty.
Each room is vibrant, airy, and filled with natural light and good energy. Tastefully furnished with earthy decor that has been handpicked to reflect the elements of nature. Their accommodation offers you the beauty of traditional design combined with all the contemporary comforts of a luxury property. All rooms have been decorated with a chakra energy in mind, including color and design. All rooms come equipped with a private bathroom, most with a private balcony, comfortable beds, spacious cupboards, fresh linen, a ceiling fan, an air conditioner, and a mosquito net on request.
Devarya Wellness, located in a coastal village in North Goa, overlooks the Morjim Beach. This beautiful beach stretch is also known as Turtle Beach after the endangered Olive Ridley sea turtles that nest on its shores during nesting season. A quiet and peaceful setting, Morjim with its lush green hills, clean beaches, and the Chapora river running through it, is a popular destination with foreign travelers and expats.
Known for its serene atmosphere, the Morjim beach is a great setting for a yoga holiday. It has something for everyone, whether you are a soul-searcher who is looking for tranquility or someone looking to enjoy a relaxing beach vacation. Morjim beach is a delight for nature lovers too. Apart from the Olive Ridley turtles, a variety of flora and fauna can be spotted here. For those interested, dolphin sighting trips are offered by locals.
You can even take a walk up the famous Chapora Fort for great views of the sandy beach and the green palms. Live the yoga life here, doing your practice, going for a swim, meditating on the beach, and enjoying spectacular sunsets as you soak in the sights and sounds of this beautiful place.
- Goa International Airport (GOI), 50 kilometers
- Pernem station, 20 kilometers
Things to Do
For the travelers at heart, Devarya Wellness also offers help with planning an exciting itinerary in Goa. At an extra cost, they book private excursions or day trips that will let you enjoy, explore, and experience Goa to its fullest.
- Dolphin sighting boat trip at sunrise
- Rangoli and Mandala classes
- Henna nights
- Indian cooking classes
- Friday and Saturday night market visit
- Wednesday Anjuna Flea market visit
- Old Goa, spice farm, and waterfall day trip
- Paradise beach visit in the neighboring state of Maharashtra
- Water sports activities like kite surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, and more
Two healthy, vegetarian, and vegan buffet meals for breakfast and dinner. As well as filtered drinking water and hot drinks, including lemon ginger and chai (full day).
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Other dietary requirements on request
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Alexandra Denkinger, acupuncture therapist (M.D.Acu), yoga teacher and inspired Body-Mind-Soul Bio-Hacker, dedicated to helping people empower themselves to live the most authentic, healthy life possible. In her Yin yoga sessions, she integrates the ancient wisdom of Acupuncture Meridians and Chi flow in a meditative yoga practice. In a Daoist or Zen way, the focus is on the value of breath, insight, and intuition supporting a lifestyle that feels in alignment with our deepest self.
Location Devarya Wellness, Vithaldaswada, Morjim, Goa, India
- (GOI) Goa International Airport: 29 km Transfer available for additional € 30 per person
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Goa International Airport (GOI). Transfer from and to this airport is available upon request at an additional cost of 30 EUR. Morjim is around 50 kilometers from Goa International Airport (GOI) in Dabolim, from where you can take a taxi or Devarya Wellness can pre-book a taxi transfer for you. The nearest railway station is the Pernem Station, which is less than 20 kilometers away. There are frequent buses from the capital city of Panaji and the city of Mapusa to Morjim.
Airport: Goa International Airport Airport transfer available: Goa International Airport (€ 30 per person)Additional charges may apply. You can request this in the next step.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 30 days before arrival.