29 Day 200-Hours Alignment & Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training Course in Koh Phangan, Surat Thani
Alignment Yoga Teacher Training in Koh Phangan, Thailand
This Teacher Training Course (TTC) is a comprehensive presentation of yoga as therapy, a vehicle to promote health and a discipline providing genuine well-being. The base of the 200-Hour Alignment Yoga TTC is skeletal and Asana alignment, anatomy, therapeutic yoga principles, and the fascinating body-mind-emotion connection.
The program is a unique blend of modern-day science and classic yoga inspired by Iyengar yoga, physiotherapy and various kinds of yoga therapy - and it is designed for you to become a skilled yoga teacher.
Upon completion of this training you will be qualified as a yoga teacher with a Yoga Alliance RYT-200 teaching certification.
- Alignment based, Iyengar inspired program
- Diving into the world of anatomy and its relation to yoga
- Introduction to the therapeutic aspects of yoga and Ayurveda
- Get a better understanding of your physical body, breath and mind
- Learning the art of teaching and how to structure and lead intelligent yoga classes
- A variety of meditations (mindfulness, classic and more) and Kirtan, mantras, and heart songs
- A very approachable program, teaching every topic in both theoretical and practical manners
- Meet people from all over the world who share the same passion for yoga
- Find your own unique voice as a yoga teacher
- 28 nights accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Iyengar Yoga
- Therapeutic yoga
At Luna Alignment Yoga we wish to give our students a deep learning experience of realigning their bodies, minds and emotions with nature.
We offer 100-Hour, 200-Hour and 300-Hour Advanced - Yoga Alliance Certified - Alignment & Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training Courses, on the beautiful island of Koh-Phangan, Thailand.
We strongly believe in our unique approach of facilitating only 4 training sessions a year. It allows us to fully dedicate ourselves to our teaching and enables us to provide heartfelt and thorough instruction in every course we offer, as well as focused and individual attention to every student.
At Luna Alignment Yoga we have our own, permanent in-house, highly experienced team of teachers. We have certified more than 260 graduates in 11 different courses, all lead by our Yoga Director and Head Teacher, Tal Swissa, and the rest of our exceptionally skilled team who, together, have over 45 years of combined teaching experience.
Creating a strong foundation
In this month-long immersion, you will build a strong foundation and understanding of the physical and emotional layers of the yoga practice. You will learn about physical anatomy and Kinesiology, skeletal misalignments, common pathologies, common yoga injuries and how to avoid them, Asana alignment (by Iyengar Yoga), hands-on adjustments, therapeutic touch, Ayurveda, philosophy and much more.
Learning about alignment and the therapeutic aspects of yoga
At Luna Alignment Yoga we believe that the yoga practice should always be adjusted to fit the student’s needs, even when teaching a large group. Therefore, the aim is to teach you - whether you are an aspiring yoga teacher or a yoga teacher already - the important core principles behind body structure, alignment and therapeutic yoga, so that you can integrate this knowledge later on in your self-practice and teaching.
You will be able to reinvent your yoga practice and teaching with a new extensive toolbox of yoga methods, approaches, and techniques, along with the ability to evaluate individual needs and adapt the yoga practice accordingly, enabling you to create intelligent, health-promoting, injury free, and adapted yoga environment.
The base of the approach and teachings is Asana alignment (by Iyengar yoga) and we see it as the core foundation of all kinds of yoga practices (Hatha, Vinyasa, Alignment based, Therapeutic, Ashtanga Vinyasa. etc.). We encourage our students to find their own voice as yoga teachers relying on this solid ground of alignment.
The program is designed in the most approachable way, teaching every topic in both theoretical and practical manners. Every subject you learn will start with the theoretical class, followed by the related practice. Since this course is designed for aspirant teachers, we train you to actually teach and therefore you will start the teaching practices already from week two.
The course addresses people from all levels and enables everyone to move at their own pace within the given frame of the program. The aim is to reach all different ranges of population - whether you are already teaching yoga, an experienced practitioner or at the beginning of your journey into the world of yoga.
Throughout the training our teachers will explain the body-mind-emotion connection and how it affects human posture, human health and life choices.
The team of teachers
The courses were created by Tal Swissa, Luna Alignment Yoga's founder, yoga director and head teacher, and are presented by our own permanent in-house small and highly experienced team of teachers - Tal, Arnaud and Naama - with an overall 45 years of combined teaching experience, in different styles and different class scales and ranges..
Tal chose each and every one of the teachers carefully to achieve the desired result of a diverse and complete yoga TTC, which allows the graduates to arrive ready and prepared to actually start teaching.
Tal, Arnaud, and Naama's different experience, knowledge and teaching specialties and styles are interlaced together perfectly so that the students are offered a complete and profound view on the world of yoga and its therapeutic approach.
- Learn the art of teaching and develop your teaching skills
- Learn postural alignment and introduction to Yoga Therapy, which will enable you to teach students of all levels and conditions
- Learn to structure an intelligent yoga class: Hatha, Vinyasa, alignment and therapeutic oriented
- Learn about different kinds of Yoga Therapy approaches to teaching
- Experience a variety of teaching styles and techniques, to inspire you as a yoga teacher to be
- Learn how to teach injury-free yoga classes
- Learn to adapt the yoga practice to different students’ populations and to their own unique needs
- Learn and practice asana body reading in our ‘Eyes on Asana’ workshop
- Learn more about the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and adjusting for a yoga teacher
- Learn how to give safe and beneficial hands-on adjustments to your students
- Learn the basics of Therapeutic Touch bodywork, which will enable you to support your students with a confident hands-on approach
- Learn yoga philosophy and how to apply it to your everyday life
- Learn teachers' ethics
- Find your own unique voice as a yoga teacher
Self-Practice, Self-Awareness, Self-Acceptance, and Transformation
- Practice yoga with alignment and feel the difference it makes in your body, breath, and mind
- Bring new awareness and understanding of your own yoga practice
- Gain new body awareness and proprioception
- Gain new flexibility, strength, and stability and understand what you need to develop or avoid in your own yoga practice
- Learn about your own body posture and how to optimize it
- Learn about the connection of your life story to your body posture
- Get a better understanding of your own body-mind-emotion patterns and connections
- Learn the basics of Ayurveda, to give another dimension of understanding of your needs in the yoga practice
- Learn about the chakras and the energetic body
- Learn about the traditional yogic lifestyle and philosophy - adapting it to your own everyday modern life
- Practice mindfulness meditation daily
- Practice movement and somatics
- Learn and practice classic yogic meditation and other interesting meditation techniques
- Eat healthy vegan Thai food
- Meet like-minded people and gain lifelong friends
- 06:30 - 07:00 Morning Mindfulness Meditation
- 07:00 - 07:30 Tea and fruits / Break
- 07:30 - 09:00 Lecture / Yoga class
- 09:00 - 09:15 Break
- 09:15 - 11:00 Lecture / Yoga class
- 11:00 - 14:00 Lunch, break
- 14:00 - 16:00 Alignment and adjustment workshop / Practicum / Lecture
- 16:00 - 16:30 Break
- 16:30 - 18:30 Yoga class / Workshop / Massage class / Philosophy Class
Saturdays are days-off
The course starts on Sunday morning at 09:00 and ends on Saturday night with the graduation ceremony and dinner.
On the last week we will have a Kirtan* night from 19:00 till 20:30 (Kirtan is the meditative chanting of Sanskrit mantras, accompanied by live music).
About once a week we will have a shorter day in which we will finish at 16:00
What is included
- 28 nights’ private accommodation for the entire course duration
- Luna Alignment Yoga comprehensive course manual book and our Luna Alignment Yoga designated carrying bag for it
- Daily light breakfast of tea and fruits
- Daily vegan lunch.
- RYT-200 Yoga Alliance teaching certification
- Drinking water in our venue with a free bottle refill option for our students
- Dining area
- Free Wi-Fi
We offer different accommodation options to choose from for the course duration.
The accommodations are beach side, near the beach, or 2 minutes away from the beach, depending on the specific option you choose. All accommodation options are only about 5 minutes walking from our school.
They are all located in the village center area so you have everything you need in just a short walking distance, lovely beaches, a variety of restaurants, cafes, convenient stores, pharmacy, laundry, fruits and shakes stalls, food stalls, souvenir shops, ATMs, and everything else. All accommodation options are private and have Wi-Fi and a balcony.
Additionally, if you would like to arrive earlier or leave later we could extend your accommodation period as per your wish, subject to availability (you will pay the additional cost for the added days which are not within the period of the course).
We are here for you and we will do everything necessary to make sure you have the right and suitable choice of accommodation that will allow you to have a relaxed homely environment during the course and enjoy your stay on the island.
When starting the journey together at Luna Alignment Yoga TTC our local Thai host will take us to the village’s Thai temple where you will meditate and then receive a blessing for the upcoming month from the Thai monks in a traditional ceremony.
And as another treat, towards the end of the course, Arnaud, one of our lead teachers and an avid gardener and nature explorer, will take you on a field trip and teach you about the connection between us and mother earth and how we influence each other - you will then gather on top of a waterfall in the middle of the jungle and meditate together.
They are located in the small yogi Srithanu village on the breathtaking Koh-Phangan Island, Thailand. The venue is situated in the lovely tranquil Pranayama-Garden quietly nestled in the green, lush, and rich jungle surroundings of the Island. The school is only a few minutes' walk from the beach and the accommodations they offer.
Things to Do
The magical island of Koh-Phangan offers a wide variety of experiences and things to do. It offers sandy white beaches, turquoise lagoons, overwhelming sunsets, massages, and spa treatments, jungle hikes in the beautiful nature surroundings, delicious Thai food, tropical fruits, a variety of vegan restaurants and a wide range of holistic activities and spiritual workshops. The local established yogi community gives you the opportunity to socialize and interact with like-minded people.
For example the well-known daily sunset gathering at Zen beach, where you can meet new friends for acro-yoga, musical jam sessions, meditations, dancing, swimming or just lying down on the soft white sand in front of the breathtaking sunset. Really, it makes a yogi's heart sing.
It is said that the island is situated on a giant bed of rose quartz, what better place to start or deepen your physical, spiritual life journey.
All of the food is vegan (mostly Asian style) and provided by the well-known Art-Café restaurant in Koh-Phangan, who is happily serving the island community since its opening back in 2009.
Food is prepared with love and attention, made out of fresh and local ingredients, aiming to provide a notorious, rich and healthy eating experience. As a bonus, all Luna Alignment Yoga TTC students are entitled to a 15% discount when dining in the Art-Café restaurant and other selected restaurants in the village.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
Meet The Instructors
Tal started practicing yoga at the age of 17 and has 17 years of practice and 13 years of teaching experience. She is trained in Sivananda, Ashtanga-Vinyasa, Iyengar and Yin yoga. She studied yoga therapy, anatomy, kinesiology, Pilates, prenatal-yoga, kids-yoga, Reiki, Theta-healing and Thai massage. Tal taught around the world and manages her own yoga school 'Luna Alignment Yoga' in Koh Phangan, where she already led 12 TTCs and certified over 275 teachers. Tal's teachings are adapted to the practitioner’s needs & condition emphasizing skeletal and asana alignment.
Arnaud (Anu) Chartier
Anu started practicing yoga in 2002. He has lived in Buddhist monasteries in Thailand and New Zealand for several years, studying various meditation methods and over time expanded his studies of Hatha yoga also into Iyengar yoga, therapeutic yoga, yoga therapy consultation, alignment yoga, and Tantra. In total having undertaken five TTCs on top of his constant personal studies, Anu has made it his life's mission to find ways to use yoga and meditation combined with his scientific research. Anu's purpose in teaching is to enable his students to live a balanced life in our modern-day world.
Naama (Nami) Peled
Naama started practicing yoga in 2000 and since then she has been emerging herself into Iyengar yoga, Ashtanga, Vinyasa, feminine and prenatal yoga and therapeutic alignment. Five TTCs and numerous workshops later, she is now spreading her own expertise teaching TTCs internationally. She also teaches mindful alignment Vinyasa, adjustments, and therapeutic touch workshops to senior practitioners and yoga teachers. Her classes are a unique blend of building strength, deepening flexibility, and meditation. Naama uses distinctive hands-on adjustments to enhance her students’ asanas.
Location Luna Alignment Yoga - Srithanu Village, Koh-Phangan, Thailand 2 people currently interested
- (USM) Samui Airport: 21 km Transfer not provided
- (URT) Surat Thani Airport: 117 km Transfer not provided
Whether you are an experienced traveler or it is your first real journey, whether you are new or familiar to Koh Phangan, Luna Alignment Yoga will assist and guide you through your trip to this amazing island, and answer any question, inquiry or request you have.
Thailand is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world and an extremely easy to travel country. The Thai people are very friendly and helpful and English is spoken by everyone. Koh Phangan is a very small island and the way to get here is by ferry. You should arrive to the Thong-Sala pier which is the closest to Srithanu, our village.
At the pier, taxis are waiting and will take you to your chosen accommodation for about 200 THB. You can also take a taxi-bike for a cheaper price of about 150 THB (The ride to Sritanu should take about 10-15 minutes).
Arrival by airplane
The nearest airport to Koh Phangan is in Koh Samui with frequent/daily flights from within Thailand and outside of it as well. From Koh Samui’s airport transportation to the ferry pier is easy to find at the airport counter. Ferries depart several times daily to Thong-Sala pier in Koh Phangan, with the last one at around 16:00.
The next nearest airport to Koh Phangan is on the mainland in Surat Thani. From there, you would need a joined bus & ferry ticket to arrive to Thong-Sala pier. This would take several hours.
Arrival by bus
The least expensive way to travel is to take one of the overnight buses from Bangkok. The bus leaves from Khao-San Road and arrives at Surat Thani. From here, you can continue to Thong-Sala pier Koh Phangan by ferry. The bus and boat joined ticket can be arranged by travel agencies in Khao-San Road.
Arrival by train
Taking an overnight train with a proper bed from Bangkok is yet another way to get to Koh Phangan. Trains arrive at Surat Thani. From here, you would need a joined bus and ferry ticket to arrive at Thong-Sala pier, Koh Phangan. This would take several hours. Train tickets from Surat Thani back to Bangkok should be usually reserved in advance, particularly during high season.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 14 days before arrival.