22 Day 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Koh Samui, Surat Thani
Intensive Yoga Teacher Training Thailand
This 200-hour yoga teacher training course follows the standards of Yoga Alliance. It takes place at a serene location where guests can immerse themselves in yogic studies and practice.
- Twice daily yoga
- 1 daily karma yoga
- Daily self study time
- Certificate upon completion
- Twice daily meditation sessions
- 3 daily vegetarian and vegan meals
- 21 nights accommodation
- Yoga kit and manuals
- 2 daily lectures
- Hatha Yoga
Marga Yoga provides 200-hour training courses based on teachings of Hatha yoga giving detailed teachings on asanas (Yoga Postures), meditation, Pranayama, yoga philosophy, yoga anatomy physiology, alignment-adjustment, and teaching methodology.
Pawanmuktasana series, Surya Namaskara, standing poses, sitting poses, backbends, arm balances, inversions.
- What is yoga?
- Principles of Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga
- Explanation of Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha (practice & benefits)
- Different types of breathing
- Definition of Prana
- Science of the breath (Prana, Apana, Udyana, Samana, Vijana)
- Ida, Pingala, and Sushumna Nadi
- Pranayama practices: Abdominal breathing, Full Yogic Breath, Kapalabhati, Nadi Shodan, Bramhari Pranayama, Ujjayi Breath.
Hatha yoga asana
- Surya Namaskar (different variations)
- Basic postures (standing, sitting, backbends, inversions, twist, arm balance postures)
- Asana variations (from Intermediate to advanced)
- Body alignment
- Yoga Nidra
- Also: yoga for pregnancy, yoga for children, yoga for elderly
- Explanation and importance of Mudra according to Hatha Yoga
- Types of Mudra
- Practice of Jnana & Chin Mudra
- Physical, Mental and Spiritual Benefits of Mudra
- Explanation of Bandha
- Different types of Bandhas and practice
- What is meditation
- Difference between Dharana and Dyhana
- Types of meditation
- Breathing Meditation
- Mantra meditation
- Walking meditation
- Definition of sleep and benefits
- The 3 states of consciousness
- What is Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Nidra practices
- What is Yoga?
- History of Yoga
- Types of yoga
- The five kosha (bodies)
- Explanation of self-realization and liberation
- Explanation of consciousness
- Eight limbs of Yoga
- *Bhagavad Gita
- What is Yogic Anatomy and physiology?
- The systems of the body
- Effects of Asana and Pranayama on the body systems
- Know the basic studies and types of joints to avoid injury during asana classes
- Diet and nutrition
Adjustment and alignment
- Practising Asana correctly
- Front, side and back bending
- The use of props
- Various style of asana and their benefits
- Contra-indications of specific yoga practices
- Yoga therapy
- Introduction of Kriyas according to classical Hatha Yoga
- Practice of Jala Neti, Kapalabhati and Tatraka
- Tongue cleaning
- Introduction of Mantra yoga
- Importance of (OM)-AUM
- Explanation of the 7 main chakras
- How chakras work physically and emotionally
- Asana & Pranayama for each chakra
- Chakra meditation
- Musical recitation of hymns, mantras and the praise of deities
The concept of Seva will be introduced and explained. Students will participate in Karma Yoga activities inside the yoga center during the course.
Sample daily schedule
- 07:00 Meditation
- 07:30 Hatha Yoga practice
- 09:30 Breakfast
- 11:00 Karma yoga
- 12:00 -13:30 Lecture 1 - Yoga Philosophy
- 13.30 Lunch
- 14:30 - 15:30 Lecture 2 - Anatomy and Asana theory
- 16:00 Ashtanga Yoga practice or Hatha Yoga (in Hatha YTT)
- 18:00 Dinner
- 19:00 Meditation
- 19:30 Bhagavad Gita + Questions and Answers
- 20:30 - 21:30 Self study
- 22:00 Lights out
What is included
- 21 nights accommodation
- 21 days tuition
- 2 daily yoga classes
- 2 daily meditation classes
- 3 daily vegetarian and vegan meals, water, and tea
- Use of equipment
- Yoga kit
- Yoga manuals
What is not included
- Personal insurance
- Check-in Time: 14:00
- Check-out Time: 11:00
- Luggage room / storage
- Free Wi-Fi
Marga Yoga offers a choice of accommodation:
- There are single bed in 6 bed room.
- The hostel is situated two minutes walk from the yoga center.
- This type of accommodation includes double rooms for single and double occupancy.
- The guest house is situated two kilometres from the yoga center in a beautiful garden with a swimming pool. Bicycles and scooters can be hired to move between places.
- This type of accommodation offers cottages for single or double occupancy.
- The resort is situated two minutes walk from the yoga center.
Taling Ngam is situated on the south west coast of Koh Samui. It is a small village away from the main tourist areas. The beautiful Taling Ngam Beach is 30 meters from the yoga center.
Thai vegetarian and vegan menu and international vegetarian and vegan menu.
Meals are highly nutritious both raw and cooked.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Simona started practicing meditation in her home town in Italy in 1990. She took her first Thai massage course in northern Thailand in 1997 and immersed herself in different meditation techniques in Bali. She also studied Thai massage in Chiang Mai and in Bangkok. Later on, she opened a Thai massage school and yoga center in Dublin. She also opened a yoga studio in Taling Ngam. She provides yoga classes and hosts retreat for groups in and outside of Thailand.
Location Marga Yoga (Koh Samui branch), 276, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
- (USM) Samui Airport: 17 km Transfer available for additional THB 750 per person
By taxi or shuttle bus from Koh Samui Airport or pier.
Airport: Samui Airport Airport transfer available: Samui Airport (THB 750 per person) Additional charges may apply. You can request this in the next step.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 14% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 30 days before arrival.