25 Days 200 Hour Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training
A human body is capable of doing wonders that are beyond the imaginative scope of our minds. Whatever obstructions you have is all in your brain, in your imagination. Ancient scriptures talk of the unexplored energies that reside in people, which if harnessed, can make us no less than super beings. Kundalini Yoga is the path to harness that energy by awakening the energy wells / kundalini in your bodies. Many acknowledged yoga masters have spoken about the vast potential of awakening the Kundalini. If you too want to explore the potential of your body and mind, a Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh is the most ideal path for you. Gyan Yoga Ashram is a registered yoga School in Rishikesh that provides certified yoga teacher training to all yoga aspirants.
- Meditation and pranayama sessions
- Himalayas trip and weekend excursions
- Saturday Satsang and full body massage
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 24 nights accommodation
- Course certification
- Airport pick-up
- Hatha Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga
Why Kundalini Yoga is Important?
Often you find ourselves trapped in the modern lifestyle, where you spend a lot of time worrying about work and other materialistic things, neglecting your own wellness. People tend to suppress the positive energy of the body as they are encapsulated by stress, anxiety, and other negative emotions.
To overcome this negativity, you need to awaken the positive energy within your bodies. This can easily be done by practicing Kundalini yoga. At Gyan Yoga Ashram you can easily learn about the elements of Kundalini Yoga through the course of 200-hour Kundalini yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. They will teach you about the practical and theoretical concepts about harnessing the energy of the human body.
Your Kundalini yoga teacher training in Rishikesh will improve your physical and mental health and also create overall positive energy in your personality. The Himalayan air will purify your body and the vast view of the Holy Ganges will soothe your mind. All this together will remove any toxicity present in your body and you can surely enjoy the gift of life in a healthier way.
Why 200-hour Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training in Gyan Yoga Ashram?
As you all know that during Kundalini Yoga, they aim to awaken the energy well of your body. Now, this is not an instant action. It is a subtle process which requires right guidance, patience and the will to bring about an air of positivity. While most students come prepared with the mindset for Kundalini Yoga in Rishikesh, it is the duty of the yoga school to help them move towards their aim.
Gyan Yoga Ashram realizes this responsibility well and brings to you the most comprehensive 200-hour TTC in Rishikesh.
Centrally located in one of the prime areas of Rishikesh, the campus is nothing short of a home away from home. Surrounded by lush green trees and the majestic hills of Himalayas, Gyan Yoga Ashram offers a typical ashram lifestyle to all yogis who come to practice Kundalini Yoga in Rishikesh. The holy river the Ganges is just a walk away from the school, where we often conduct outdoor yoga sessions. So, the entire vibe during the TTC, etc will remain soothing.
Moreover, the faculty consists of yoga masters and they are experts in their subjects. The teachers will provide you balanced knowledge of theoretical and practical concepts of Kundalini Yoga. You will be taught at a dynamic pace so that there is no rushing through the training. You will also be given a hands-on class to conduct your own lecture on Kundalini Yoga where you can polish your teaching methodologies. After successful completion, you will earn the certificate of an established yoga teacher which will make you eligible to take your own yoga classes anywhere in the world.
200 hours Kundalini yoga teacher training course syllabus:
Shatkarma (yogic cleaning process)
- Yogic cleansing helps the practitioner in detoxifying the body and balance the mind. This prepares one for further practice like asana, pranayama, and meditation.
- Prarthanasana (the prayer pose-to have reverence)
- Sutra neti
- Mudras are some specific position of hand and body which are used to control or channelize the energy in the subtle body
- Maha Mudra
- Maha Veda
- Sambhavi Mudra
- Yoga Mudra
- Nasagra Mudra
- Viparitakarani Mudra
- Vajori Mudra
- Shakti Chalana Mudra
- Yoni Mudra
- Prana Mudra
- Different Hasta Mudra for good health
- Bandha is an energy lock which is applied in order to direct and balance the flow of prana (life force energy)
- Importance of bandhas
- How to apply them in various yogic practices
- Chakra Sadhana
- Jalandhara Bandha
- Uddiyana Bandha
- Moola Bandha
- Maha Bandha
- Pranayama is a very strong and important practice in yoga. It is a link between the body and consciousness. The word ‘prana’ means life force. Sometimes, it is also referred to as the process of controlling breath or prana. With the help of pranayama, Rishikesh Yoga Association brings the balance between energy flows which allow kundalini (dormant energy) to be activated.
- What is prana?
- What is pranayama?
- Importance of Kumbhaka in pranayama
- Importance of bandhas and mudras in pranayama
- How to balance right and left nostrils
- Nadishodhan pranayama
- Surya or chandrabhedi pranayama
- Bhastrika pranayama
- Kapalbhati pranayama
- Ujjayi pranayama
- Bhramari pranayama
Philosophy of Kundalini yoga
Here, you will discuss the theoretical ideas of yoga. This class brings a clear understanding of what you are doing and why you are doing that. Here, you test the traditional knowledge on the basis of logic and rationale. Yoga practice based on understanding is far better than the one based on belief. Further, you explore various other elements of yoga and not just chakra and Kundalini.
- Introduction to yoga
- Different types of yoga
- Introduction to Kundalini yoga
- Concept of Panchkosha
- The concept of seven chakras
- Concept of nadis (pingla, ida, and shusumna)
- Mantra and Kundalini
- Mitahara (the concept of food in sadhana)
- Food for Kundalini awakening
- Patanjali’s Ashtanga yoga
- How to manage ego
- Karma yoga
Meditation is a state of mind where the mind has an unbroken concentration on an object. Meditation is a very important practice for awakening the Kundalini Shakti
- Kayasthariyam (stabling the body position)
- The concept of Dharana (concentration)
- Antar Mouna
- Nada meditation
- Chakra meditation
- Third eye meditation
- Yantra meditation
- Nadbrahm meditation
- Osho dynamic
- One direction
Yoga Nidra is a systematic technique of conscious sleep. It is considered to be one of the deepest complete physical, mental, and emotional relaxation and meditation techniques
- Beginner level - For relaxation of body and mind
- Intermediate level - For having the control on thoughts and emotions
- Advance level - For helping to awaken the Kundalini awakening and to train your mind by your Sankalpa (resolution)
Mantras are some sacred or subtle sounds, vibration, and alphabet which can be found in the texts like Vedas or Upanishads. The mantra is the powerful tools to awaken the chakras and balance the mind.
- Seed mantras of Chakras
- Gayatri mantra
- Shiva mantra
- Tantrik mantra of Durga
- Ganesha mantra
- Mahamritunjaya mantra
Asana of Kundalini yoga
Asanas practices with the help of kumbhaka (breath retention) and bandha. Practices of various kriyas and asanas on the focus of seven chakras help awakening Kundalini energy
- Effective pose to stimulate the root Chakra
- Triyak Tadasana
- Utthitha Hastha Padanghusthasana
- Upavishtha Konasana
- Janu Sirshasna
- Supta Hastha Padanghusthasana
- Effective pose to stimulate the Sacral Chakra
- Supta Vajrasana
Effective pose to stimulate the Manipura Chakra
- Ashtanga Namaskara
- Garbha Pindasana
Effective pose to stimulate the Heart Chakra
Effective pose to stimulate the throat Chakra
- Hasta Utthanasana
Effective pose to stimulate the third eye Chakra
- Ashwa Sanchalanasana
- Ardha Matsyendrasana
Effective pose to stimulate the crown Chakra
- Bhumi Pada Mastakasana
- Prasarita Padottanasana
- Surya Namaskar with the mantra
- Pranamasana - Om Mitray Namaha
- Hasta Utthanasana - Om Ravaye Namaha
- Padahastasana - Om SuryayaNamaha
- Ashwa Sanchalanasana - Om Bhanave Namaha
- Parvatasana - Om KhagayaNamaha
- Ashtanga Namaskara - Om Pushne Namaha
- Bhujangasana- Om Hiranya Garbhaya Namaha
- Parvatasana - Om Marichaye Namaha
- Ashwa Sanchalanasana - Om Adityaya Namaha
- Padahastasana - Om Savitre Namaha
- Hasta Utthanasana - Om Arkaya Namaha
- Pranamasana - Om Bhaskaraya Namaha
- Positive and conscious communication friendship and trust
- Time management
- Qualities of a teacher
- Principles of demonstrating, observation, assisting, and correcting
- Use of voice in class
- Mental and emotional preparation for teaching
- Class preparation
- Step by step class structure planning
Evaluation is based on
- Written test
- Asana practical test
What is included
- 24 nights twin shared accommodation
- Rooms with hot water, attached bath, and toilet
- Unlimited free high-speed Wi-Fi internet connection
- 3 times daily nutritious vegetarian meals and teas
- Course books and course manual
- Cleansing material like Neti Pot, rubber tube, etc
- 1 Himalayas trip
- Every weekend excursion
- Taxi-pickup from Jolly Grant Airport (DED)
- Every Saturday Satsang (spiritual gathering)
- Usage of the in-house library
What is not included
- Private accommodation
You will be staying at Gyan Yoga Ashram. Gyan Yoga Ashram provides comfortable accommodation is provided close to nature. All the living rooms are vibrated, energized, and balanced before your arrival to give you maximum impact on your learning and rejuvenation. Gyan Yoga Ashram has two categories of room. One is twin shared and another is a private room. Both room offer clean and comfortable accommodation to the guests. Bathrooms are attached with running hot and cold water. Comfortable beds with top quality linen are used to make the stay a memorable one.
- Health Club
- Barbeque facilities
- Environmentally friendly
This yoga teacher training program will take place in a serene and comfortable setting in the spiritual city of Rishikesh. Located on the banks of the Ganga River, the sacred river, and nestled in the Himalayas Valley. Gyan Yoga Ashram welcomes you to their home in the heart of the city. Located far from the hustle and bustle of the big city, the training center is close to local amenities, local market, and the forest for walking.
Things to Do
The most amazing things to do in Rishikesh. These activities are not included in the package but can be arranged upon request.
- Attend Ganga Arti
- Bungee jumping
- Camping and bonfire
- Cliff jumping
- Experience the traditional Indian culture
- Ayurvedic massage and therapies
- Flying fox
- Mountain biking
- Parasailing and paragliding
- Rappelling and rock climbing
- River rafting - the most popular thing to do in Rishikesh
During this yoga training, you will be served daily three delicious and healthy vegetarian meals - breakfast, lunch, and dinners. Filtered water, herbal tea, and snacks are also available. The menu is creative and balanced with proteins so you feel full and satisfied.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- Other dietary requirements on request
The following drinks are included:
One free full body Ayurvedic massage is included in your package.
Meet The Instructors
Yogi Yogesh, Yogi Rajesh, & Yogi
Yogi Yogesh Ji
Yogi Yogesh Ji has successfully completed his masters in yoga science and yoga therapy. Yogi Yogesh Ji is a gem in the faculty of our yoga school. Being a young teacher, he infuses high energy in his yoga anatomy, physiology, and yoga therapy classes. His dedication towards yoga is reflected in his teaching style. His classes are a combination of theory, discussion, and practical demonstration. He holds a high reputation amongst students, a lot of whom have come back to him time and again to learn more. Yogi Yogesh Ji adopts multiple techniques to bring all students at par with each other.
Yogi Rajesh Ji
Yogi Rajesh Ji is a proficient graduate in science yoga and has completed his masters in the same from Uttarakhand Sanskrit University, Haridwar. He is born and brought up in a traditional and spiritual environment of Rishikesh. From his childhood, he has been inspired by the wellness of yoga. This is the reason he chose Yoga teaching as his profession. His area of expertise is Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, Ashtanga, Kundalini, and pranayama. He also teaches alignment and adjustment and his classes for the same are highly appreciated by the students.
Sadhushri Ji is an extremely renowned yoga guru and yoga philosopher. He is well known and respected for his deep knowledge of yoga philosophy and history. His journey began at the Divine Life Society, Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh. An avid learner of his time, he has studied Patanjali Sutra, Upanishad, and Buddhist literature. Such exposure to multicultural literature has helped him form a very broad perspective. Since years, he has helped numerous aspirants to walk the path of spirituality.
Location Gyan Yoga Ashram, Near Green Hills, Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249192, India
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL). From there, you may book another flight to the nearest domestic airport near Rishikesh, which is the Dehradun Airport (DED). Transfer from and to this airport is included. Gyan Yoga Ashram will pick you up from the airport. If you need a transfer from Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), Gyan Yoga Ashram can arrange it at an additional price of 60 USD.
Arrival by bus
From Delhi, the city of Rishikesh is about 230 kilometers away and is well connected by buses. A bus journey may take about five to seven hours depending on the traffic and it costs you about 130 to 350 INR. A bus with air conditioning will cost about 250 to 700 INR.
In Rishikesh, there are several travel agencies scattered around Swarg Ashram and Lakshman Jhula that can book luxury buses to common destinations like Delhi, Jaipur, Pushkar, and Varanasi.
Arrival by train
A quiet branch line connects Rishikesh to Haridwar, but there are only about three trains daily. It is better to take the train to Haridwar and continue by bus from there which will take 45 minutes and costs 50 INR, or you can tell us your train detail. Gyan Yoga Ashram will arrange free pick up for you from Haridwar Railway station.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 30 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.