200-Hour Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
Multi Style Yoga Teacher Training India
At Gyan Yoga Ashram, the 200-hour yoga teacher training is a comprehensive course which covers many aspects of yoga. It is suitable for both beginners and regular practitioners who seek to advance in their yogic career. Gyan Yoga Ashram month-long residential program will give students the experience of ashram lifestyle. Regular classes for asana (postures), dhyana (meditation), and pranayama (breath control) will be given to students.
- Daily yoga and meditation sessions
- Experienced teachings with a rare knowledge of the Himalayan yogis
- Weekly excursions to some of the best-vibrated place in the Himalayan foothills
- Pure delicious organic vegetarian meals
- Qualified and passionate teachers
- 25 nights accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga
Modern day lifestyle has pulled you into materialism and deprived you of everything soulful. To balance this ratio, a lot of people are turning towards the ancient art of wellness-yoga. With this global popularity, yoga is also becoming a prospective career. The word yoga in Sanskrit means union. It is the union of one’s existence with the universal existence. Such an intense and spiritual journey needs the right mentoring and impeccable training.
At Gyan Yoga Ashram, the teachers leave no stone unturned to provide the best yoga teacher training in Rishikesh to all our students. The course gives exposure to all major forms of yoga including Astanga, Vinyasa flow, Hatha yoga, and other subjects like meditation, yoga philosophy, and more.
Many people come to India to practice yoga in Rishikesh. This town has earned the title of world yoga capital because of its historic connection with yoga. This hamlet is settled at the foothills of Himalayas and blessed with the presence of Holy river Ganges.
It is right to say that Rishikesh is nothing less than a yogi’s paradise. This makes our 200-hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh an educative and scenic experience for all. Backed with ancient learning and modern teaching methodology, Gyan Yoga Ashram strives to provide an ideal environment to feel a spiritual upliftment along with improved physical health.
- Since people from all over the world come in Rishikesh. It is a hub to interact, learn and grow together as a global yogic community.
- At Gyan Yoga Ashram, they offer you the best yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, that makes you a competent yoga teacher.
- Yoga teacher training will improve your yoga abilities. You will see a visible change from your previous form after your yoga training. Such a change is not possible with a regular class.
- Your body will become more flexible and stronger during your yoga teacher training. Postures would now be easier to perform and also their benefits would become very visible.
Shatkarma (cleaning process)
- Introduction of shatkarma
- Jal neti and sutra neti
- Eye cleaning (trataka and eyes cups)
- Vaman dhauti
Vinyasa flow (postures)
- On your feet yogasanas
- Seated Vinyasa sequences
- Seated posterior stretch sequences
- On one leg yogasanas
- The supine sequence
- The bow pose sequence
- The triangle pose sequence
- The inverted posture sequence
- Meditative pose sequence
- Viseha Vinyasa karma
Hatha yoga asanas and their adjustment
- Dynamic postures: Pawanmuktasana series, Marjala asana, Vyaghrasana, Surya namaskar
- Standing postures: Tadasana, Utkatasana, Padhastasana, Trikonasana
- Parivrtta Trikonasana, Parshwakonasana, Parivrttaparshwakonasana
- Veerbhadrasana I, Veerbhadrasana II, Veerbhadrasana III, Ardhchandrasana
- Parsvottanasana, Prasaritapadottanasana
- Inverted postures: Sirsasana, Sarvangasana, Halasana, Pinchamayurasana, Adhomukhavrkshasana
- Twisting postures: Ardhmatsyendra asana, Parivrittijanusirshasana, Kati Chakrasana
- Back bend postures: Bhujangasana, Shalabhasana, Dhanurasana, Matsyasana
- Ushtrasana, Kandhrasana, Chakrasana, Gomukhasana, Setu Asana, Rajkapotasana
- Forward bend postures: Paschimotanasana, Janusirasana, Ardhpadam *Paschimotanasana, Padprasar Paschimotanasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Balancing postures: Vrkshasana, Bak Dhayan asana, Mayurasana, Natraj asana, Garudasana, relaxation postures, Shashankasana, Makarasana, Savasana
- Introduction of pranayama
- Importance of pranayama
- Yogic breathing technics for increasing awareness
- Benefits of pranayama
- Different pranayama and general guidelines
- Nadi Sodhana pranayama
- Bhastrika pranayama
- Bhramari pranayama
- Surya Bhedi and Chandra Bhedi pranayama
- Sheetali and Sheetkari
- Ujjayi pranayama
- Introduction of yogic mudra
- Jnana and chin mudra
- Yoni mudra
- Bhairava mudra
- Shambhavi mudra
- Nasikagra mudra
- Prana mudra
- Maha mudra
- Maha vedha mudra
- Different mudras for better health
- Mudra for concentration
- Common mudras for daily use
- Introduction of bandha
- Uddiyana bandha
- Jalandhar bandha
- Mula bandha
- Maha bandha
- Introduction to yoga
- Its philosophy and evolution
- Concept of Hatha yoga
- Different practices of Hatha yoga
- Introduction to yoga sutras of patanjali
- Importance of discipline in path of yoga
- Definition of yoga
- Vrittis (mental fluctuations) and their classification
- Consistent practice and non-attachment (Abhayasa and Vairagya)
- Obstacles and distractions on the path of yoga (concepts of citta-viksepa and antaraya)
- Ashtanga yoga
- Asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana, dhyan, samadhi
- Sattva, rajas, and tamas (Triguna)
- Introduction to chakras and its functions
- Lives of yogis (inspiring stories)
- Introduction to meditation and concentration
- Breathing awareness meditation
- Tips for developing concentration
- Bahir and Antar trataka
- Dynamic meditation (osho meditation)
- Nada meditation (sound meditation)
- Antar Mouna (silence practice)
- Chakra meditation
- Third eye meditation
- Mantra meditation
- Yantra meditation
- 61 point meditation
- Yoga Nidra inner visualization
- What is the mantra and benefits of chanting mantra?
- Shanti mantra (mantra of peace)
- Guru mantra (mantra for guru)
- Ganesh mantra (mantra for auspiciousness)
- Mahamritumjaya mantra (mantra on lord shiva)
- Gayatri mantra (universal prayer)
- Yogena Cittasya (Sloka on sage Patanjali)
- Hare rama, Hare Krishna (Maha mantra)
- Skeletal system
- Muscular system
- Muscle functions according to joint movements
- Respiratory system
- Endocrine system
- Circulatory system
- Nervous system
- Digestive system
- Chakras inversions
- Physiological benefits of asana
- Positive and conscious communication
- Friendship and trust
- Time management
- Qualities of a teacher
- Principles of demonstrating, observation, assisting, correcting
- Use of voice in class
- Mental and emotional preparation for teaching
- Class preparation
- Step by step class structure planning
Evaluation is based on
- Written test
- Asana practical test
What is included
- 25 nights twin shared accommodation
- Rooms with hot water, attached bath, and toilet
- Unlimited free high-speed Wi-Fi internet connection
- 3 times daily nutritious vegetarian meals and teas
- Course books and course manual
- Cleansing material like neti pot, rubber tube, etc
- 1 Himalayas trip
- Every weekend excursion
- Taxi-pickup from Jolly Grant Airport (DED)
- Every Saturday Satsang (spiritual gathering)
- 1 full body massage
What is not included
- Private accommodation can be booked at an additional 250 USD
- Health Club
- Barbeque facilities
- Environmentally friendly
- Luggage room / storage
- Smoke-free property
- Special menu request
- Yoga shala
- Yoga studio
- ATM / banking
- Baby sitting
- Beauty salon
- Bicycle rental
- Car rental
- Cell phone rental
- Child care
- Convenience / grocery store
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hair salon
- Internet access
- Laptop rental
- Medical assistance
- Parking lot
- Tour assistance
- Wireless internet
You will be staying at Gyan Yoga Ashram. Gyan Yoga Ashram provides comfortable accommodation is provided close to nature. All the living rooms are vibrated, energized, and balanced before your arrival to give you maximum impact on your learning and rejuvenation.
Gyan Yoga Ashram has two categories of room. One is twin shared and another is a private room. Both room offer clean and comfortable accommodation to the guests. Bathrooms are attached with running hot and cold water. Comfortable beds with top quality linen are used to make the stay a memorable one.
- Himalayan temple and village tour
- Rishikesh temples and city sightseeing
- Ganga Aarti ceremony
This yoga teacher training program will take place in a serene and comfortable setting in the spiritual city of Rishikesh. Located on the banks of the Ganga River, the sacred river, and nestled in the Himalayas Valley. Gyan Yoga Ashram welcomes you to their home in the heart of the city. Located far from the hustle and bustle of the big city, the training center is close to local amenities, local market, and the forest for walking.
Things to Do
The most amazing things to do in Rishikesh. These activities are not included in the package but can be arranged upon request.
- Attend Ganga Arti
- Bungee jumping
- Camping and bonfire
- Cliff jumping
- Experience the traditional Indian culture
- Ayurvedic massage and therapies
- Flying fox
- Mountain biking
- Parasailing and paragliding
- Rappelling and rock climbing
- River rafting - the most popular thing to do in Rishikesh
During this yoga training, you will be served daily three delicious and healthy vegetarian meals - breakfast, lunch, and dinners. Filtered water, herbal tea, and snacks are also available. The menu is creative and balanced with proteins so you feel full and satisfied.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- Other dietary requirements on request
The following drinks are included:
One free full body Ayurvedic massage is included in your package.
Meet The Instructors
Yogi Yogesh Ji
Yogi Yogesh Ji has successfully completed his masters in yoga science and yoga therapy. Yogi Yogesh Ji is a gem in the faculty of our yoga school. Being a young teacher, he infuses high energy in his yoga anatomy, physiology, and yoga therapy classes. His dedication towards yoga is reflected in his teaching style. His classes are a combination of theory, discussion, and practical demonstration. He holds a high reputation amongst students, a lot of whom have come back to him time and again to learn more. Yogi Yogesh Ji adopts multiple techniques to bring all students at par with each other.
Yogi Rajesh Ji
Yogi Rajesh Ji is a proficient graduate in science yoga and has completed his masters in the same from Uttarakhand Sanskrit University, Haridwar. He is born and brought up in a traditional and spiritual environment of Rishikesh. From his childhood, he has been inspired by the wellness of yoga. This is the reason he chose Yoga teaching as his profession. His area of expertise is Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, Ashtanga, Kundalini, and pranayama. He also teaches alignment and adjustment and his classes for the same are highly appreciated by the students.
Sadhushri Ji is an extremely renowned yoga guru and yoga philosopher. He is well known and respected for his deep knowledge of yoga philosophy and history. His journey began at the Divine Life Society, Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh. An avid learner of his time, he has studied Patanjali Sutra, Upanishad, and Buddhist literature. Such exposure to multicultural literature has helped him form a very broad perspective. Since years, he has helped numerous aspirants to walk the path of spirituality.
Location Gyan Yoga Ashram, Near Green Hills, Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249192, India
- (DED )Jolly Grant Airport: 15 km Transfer included
- (DEL) Indira Gandhi International Airport: 209 km Transfer available for additional US$60 per person
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL). From there, you may book another flight to the nearest domestic airport near Rishikesh, which is the Dehradun Airport (DED). Transfer from and to this airport is included. Gyan Yoga Ashram will pick you up from the airport. If you need a transfer from Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), Gyan Yoga Ashram can arrange it at an additional price of 60 USD.
Arrival by bus
From Delhi, the city of Rishikesh is about 230 kilometers away and is well connected by buses. A bus journey may take about five to seven hours depending on the traffic and it costs you about 130 to 350 INR. A bus with air conditioning will cost about 250 to 700 INR.
In Rishikesh, there are several travel agencies scattered around Swarg Ashram and Lakshman Jhula that can book luxury buses to common destinations like Delhi, Jaipur, Pushkar, and Varanasi.
Arrival by train
A quiet branch line connects Rishikesh to Haridwar, but there are only about three trains daily. It is better to take the train to Haridwar and continue by bus from there which will take 45 minutes and costs 50 INR, or you can tell us your train detail. Gyan Yoga Ashram will arrange free pick up for you from Haridwar Railway station.
Airport: Jolly Grant Airport Airport transfer included: Jolly Grant AirportNo additional charges. You can request this in the next step.
Airport: Indira Gandhi International Airport Airport transfer available: Indira Gandhi International Airport (US$60 per person) Additional charges may apply. You can request this in the next step.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.