28 Days 300-Hour Meditation Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Meditation Teacher Training in India
The Meditation Teacher Training program at Shree Mahesh Heritage is a 300-hour certification program for beginners or advanced meditation practitioners who wish to become a meditation instructor. It is a 28 days residential course which is derived from Ayurveda or meditation techniques.
Deliver professional meditation instructions
It is the best practice course for self-practice and teaching techniques of meditation designed to prepare individuals to deliver professional meditation instructions to their clients, patients, family, and the general public. The Meditation Teacher Training course at Meditation School is a certified program registered by the government of India.
- Daily meditation sessions
- Aarti at the bank of river Ganga
- Kirtan, satsang, chanting and celebration
- Daily asana, pranayama or cleansing practice
- Meeting to Himalayan saints
- 27 nights accommodation
- Walk at Ganga beach
- 3 meals a day
- Rajadhiraja Yoga
- Jnana Yoga
- Bhakti Yoga
Aim and goal
The goal of meditation is to increase happiness and well being within and around. At Shree Mahesh Heritage the ancient teachings of the East are taught in a modern way suitable for the western mind and body so students can flourish in their practice and naturally gravitate to a more meditative lifestyle.
There is no bias to any particular spiritual teachings and teach in a non-dogmatic way. Generally Western students consider meditation as quite challenging practice because they are not used to sitting for long periods in stillness. The focus is more on inner stillness and wisdom and to allow you to continue the same in various positions (sitting, standing, lying) and in activities.
Any aspirant who wishes to become a Meditation Teacher can join the course. As well, it is a very effective course for RYT 200/500 - Certified Yoga teachers who wish to get their certification and specialization in Meditation. The course is designed in such a way that the student will get a complete picture of meditation, knowing well, how to begin, move and progress to achieve the ultimate state of meditation with the signs and symptoms of each stage.
It is believed that the 'real' teachings come from all those who participate in the training discussing, sharing, exploring and debating practice and meditative lifestyle in the philosophy sessions.
If you who have a passion to become a teacher this course provides a supportive arena to access your inner guru and build a strong foundation of confidence and skill which will allow you to teach clearly and precisely from your own experience
Meditation Teacher Training syllabus
- Applications of meditation for health, healing, well-being and spiritual upliftment
- Anatomy and physiology of meditation
- Basic principles and paths of meditation
- Biography and teachings of some enlightened saints
- Bhakti yoga, Jnan yoga, Karma yoga and Raja yoga
- Concentration, meditation and diet
- Establishing yourself as a meditation teacher
- Introduction to Eastern concept of meditation and spiritualism
- Obstacles and milestones of meditation
- Role of Asana, Bandha, Mudra and mantra chanting
- Role of pranayama and Psycho-cleansing practices
- Types of Sadhaka (practitioners)
- Structuring and sequencing
- Styles and techniques of meditation
- Subtle body, Prana, chakra, kundalini shakti, Nada (inner sounds)
- Teaching ethics and skills
Meditation Teacher Training schedule
- Monday to Saturday:
- 06.15: Morning tea
- 06.30: Practice Asana or pranayama or cleansing leading to meditation
- 08.30: Breakfast
- 09.15: Lecture or theory, methodology, philosophy or anatomy
- 11.00: Chanting and meditation
- 12.30: Lunch and Rest or self-study
- 15.30: Group work, teaching skills, Question and Answer
- 16.45: Tea break
- 17.00: Meditation practice
- 18.00: Kirtan, Satsang, Celebration
- 19.00: Early dinner
- Free time
- Through your studies and practice, you will gain:
- Personal well-being plus more clarity, positivity and peace in life
- Experience a variety of meditation types and their applications, confidence, creativity, willingness and an entrepreneurial spirit
- An understanding of the core principles and techniques of meditation popular in east and west,
- The ability to teach a variety contemporary, secular meditation techniques in group or private settings,
- The depth of experience and the breadth of knowledge in your application of meditation enable you to guide others in the enhancement of their mental, physical, and emotional well-being.
All trainees who successfully complete the course will receive a 300-hour Meditation Teacher Training certificate issued by Shree Mahesh Heritage (registered under Trust act, Government of India) and are henceforth qualified to teach whatever style of meditation they love and practice. However, it must be noted that students must have 90 percent of attendance in all theory and practice session.
What is included
- 28 night accommodation (private room with attached bath)
- Aarti at the bank of river Ganga
- Daily chanting and meditation session
- Daily asana or pranayama or cleansing practice
- Daily meals
- Course materials
- Kirtan, Satsang, and Celebration
- Meeting to Himalayan saints
- Rafting or trekking
- Walk on the Ganga beach
What is not included
- Flights to and from Rishikesh
- Transfer to and from Shree Mahesh Heritage
Rishikesh is a small town in the northern state of Uttrakhand in India. Scenically located where the Ganges River comes down from the Himalayas. Rishikesh is in close proximity of Dehradun's Jolly Grant Airport, a small, quiet and recently renovated airport.
Things to Do
Walk on the Ganga beach
Meet The Instructors
Multiple Instructors will be guiding you during each days session.
Location Shree Mahesh Heritage,C/O-Rishikesh Resorts,Ghugtayni Talli, Upper Tapovan, Rishikesh
Arrival by airplane
Rishikesh being the closest city to Dehradun Airport, a flight is probably the best way to travel. Rishikesh city is about 15 kilometers from the airport (around 15-20 minutes drive)
Arrival by bus
From Delhi, the city is about 230 kilometers away and is well connected with buses. A bus journey may take about 5-7 hours - depending on the traffic - and costs you about 130-350 INR. An AC Bus will cost about 250-700 INR. In Rishikesh, there are several travel agencies scattered around Swarg Ashram and Lakshman Jhula that can book luxury buses to common destinations like Delhi, Jaipur, Agra etc.
Arrival by train
Haridwar is the biggest railway station, 25 kilometers from Rishikesh. There are many trains from Delhi to Haridwar. Some of the better are: Shatabadi Express, Jan Shatabdi, AC Special Express, Mussoorie Express. From Haridwar to Rishikesh, you can come by pre-paid taxi (fare-around 900-1000 INR) or bus (fare 35 INR) or by sharing Auto rickshaw (fare 35-40 INR per person) or through Train (fare 5 INR only) as listed below.
Passenger trains from Haridwar to Rishikesh, approximate travel time 1 hour:
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 15% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.