29 Days 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Khajuraho, India
Transformational Yoga Teacher Training India
Take your love and understanding of yoga to a new level on a life-changing journey of true self-discovery! This yoga teacher training in Khajuraho, India, will help you to improve your physical, mental, and spiritual being and to help others do the same. The course will harness this experience and take it to new highs with other like-minded individuals rooted in the traditional science of yoga from the motherland of India.
- 200-hour yoga teacher training
- In-depth yoga classes and practices
- Meditation, pranayama, and mantra chanting
- Excursions and cultural experiences
- Nutritious and healthy yogic food
- 28 nights’ accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Tantra Yoga
200-hour yoga teacher training
This 200-hour yoga teacher training provided by International Mystical Yoga Centre is meant to build a strong and lasting foundation for a deeper self-practice and start you on the path to becoming a yoga teacher. The course is packed with information, but scheduled and delivered in a way that keeps you interested and wanting to practice more.
All levels are welcome in the training as each yogi will choose to pursue their own path with individual vigour. This yoga teacher training is for individuals who want to learn, practice, and spread a life lead by yoga philosophy. The core subjects of focus are Hatha yoga, Ashtanga yoga, Tantra yoga, pranayama, yoga philosophy, yoga anatomy and physiology, mantra, and meditation. You will also practice yoga ethics, benefits of asanas, correct breathing in the pose, adjustment and alignment, yoga therapy, cleansing practices, yoga science, and how to prevent yoga injury.
The core classes will facilitate an environment to bring personal development in a calming yet challenging lifestyle that is the journey to the self. Discipline is, of course, the main pillar of success in becoming a true yogi. As such, International Mystical Yoga Centre expects you to attend each class with attentiveness although it is certainly understandable to listen to what your body tells you.
Although the course is demanding, there are also two half days of free time each week with optional karma yoga trips and natural excursions. This training is meticulously designed to satisfy the requirements of Hatha, Ashtanga, and Tantra yoga.
By the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to plan and teach your own yoga class in front of your peers. You will gain a well-rounded knowledge of the yogic sciences as well as strong foundation and confidence on which to instruct your future students.
Who should join this training
All yoga enthusiasts and yoga lovers are invited to this 200-hour yoga teacher training to enhance their yoga practice and to bring it to a professional level. The most important requirement for students is to be self-motivated and have a dedicated mindset towards yogic life and ethics. International Mystical Yoga Centre aims to spread health, happiness, and peace all over the world through the students.
How you will transform
With an open mind, both India and International Mystical Yoga Centre can provide and facilitate an environment for your incredible personal transformation. The main objectives of this yoga teacher training are to:
- develop personal growth
- discover the aim of this human life
- move throughout the day concentrating on postures, breath, and contentment
- give you the tools for an optimistic lifestyle no matter what career path you choose to pursue
- gain immense yogic knowledge as developed confidence and self-love
This course aims to craft and refined yoga teacher in each student so that you are able to spread an authentic view of yogic science across the globe. If you are self-motivated and passionate about yogic science, you will find a welcome home at the ashram.
More than just a teacher training
Every individual has a different approach towards the course as well as expectations as far as outcomes are concerned. From a budding yoga teacher to a beginner yogi, everyone can expect to evolve spiritually, mentally, and physically as a balanced person. Come with a mindset that everyone is different but yet just the same and you can be sure that you will discover more about yoga than just asanas. You all have your struggles, past experiences, opinions, and are trying to learn more about yourselves and the surroundings.
International Mystical Yoga Centre is a great environment to exercise things that you may have wanted to implement for some time i.e. patience, will, power, love, open-mindedness, etc. Becoming a reformed person with a changed perspective to a positive side is one of the many soothing outcomes of the course.
The course is spread over four weeks of intensive yoga training covering 240 hours in total. The yoga teacher training program is carefully designed to give you detailed knowledge of yoga, philosophy, detailed adjustment and alignment, and yogic anatomy and physiology. All of the knowledge is brought to you in a very systematic manner. The course curriculum meets and exceeds the international teacher training curriculum requirements.
The courses are conducted at International Mystical Yoga Centre’s ashram where you will learn and study following the ancient Indian system called gurukul. This system is based on the philosophy that students live and study with the fellow students at the residential study center. This system helps to build a strong bond of trust and dedication between the teachers and the students and facilitate a smooth flow and proper understanding of the teachings. Staying at the ashram for four weeks also helps the students to take a step back from distractions outside and completely focus and learn at their optimum potential.
- What is Hatha yoga?
- Surya Namaskar with mantra awareness
- Sukshma Vyayama (joints and glands exercise)
- Standing series of asana
- Kneeling series of asana
- Sitting series of asana
- Lying on stomach series of asana
- Supine series of asana
- Inversion series of asana
- Importance of sequence of asana
- Benefits of asanas and its contra-indication
Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga
- What is Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga?
- Primary series
- 9 drishti in Ashtanga series
- Importance of ujjayi and bandha in series
- Chest breathing versus diaphragmatic breathing
- What do prana and pranayama mean?
- Types of pranayama practices
- What is nadi?
- What is Ida and Pingala?
- Seven main practices of pranayama
Yoga philosophy 1
- What is Darshanam?
- What is yoga?
- History of yoga
- The four Yuga in yogic tradition
- The five kosha (bodies)
- What are self-realization and liberation? Why?
- What is consciousness?
- The four faculties of mind-field
- Five stages of mind-field
- The four foundational pillars of life
- Intro to Ayurvedic lifestyle
- Introduction to yogic sleeping lifestyle
- Introduction to Kama Sutra
- Eight limbs of yoga of Patanjali
- What is waking state in yogic science?
- What is dreaming state in yogic science?
- What is deep sleep state in yogic science?
- What is meditation and yoga Nidra?
- What is yogic anatomy and physiology?
- Introduction to respiratory system and yogic breathing
- How Shatkriya practices gives benefits to body
- How pranayama practices give connection to digestive and immune system
- How asana practices give various effect on joints, spine, and muscular system
- The structure of spine and its movement in yoga
- Types of contraction in muscular system
- Know the basic studies and types of joints to avoid injury during asana classes
- Studies and discussion about spine according to yogic point of view
- What is meditation?
- What is the difference between Dharna and Dhyana?
- What are types of meditation?
- Breath awareness meditation
- Contemplative walking meditation
- Mantra awareness meditation
- Inner light meditation
- Full moon meditation
Yoga Nidra 1
- What is sleep?
- Three states of consciousness
- Benefits of deep sleep
- What is yoga Nidra?
- Yoga Nidra practices from Satyananda tradition
- How yoga Nidra practices cure insomnia problem
Adjustment and alignment class level 1
- Six steps of doing asana correctly
- Workshop on side bending and front and back bending
- How to make mind flexible by making body flexible
- How to use properties for protection
- Alternative style of asana for various benefits
- Various limitations and contra-indications of specific yoga practices
Shatkriya level 1
- Introduction of Shatriyas according to classical Hatha yoga
- Practicum of jala neti and sutra neti (cleansing mucus or blockages from nasal passages and sinus)
- Practicum of Kunjal (cleansing the excessive mucus from the digestive tract)
- Introduction of mantra yoga
- Importance of (Om)-Aum
- Mantra for meal purification
- Mantra for obstacles
- Mantra for universal masters to bless
- Mantra for realization
- Mantra for well-being
- Importance of mudra according to Hatha yoga
- Types of mudra
- Practicum of Gyana and Chin mudra
- Practicum of Ashwini mudra
- Physical, mental, and spiritual benefits of mudra
Teaching metholodgy 1
- Disciplines of yoga teachers and students
- The scope of listening, presence, directive, and non-directive dialogue
- How important is a demonstration?
- What are the preparations for a classroom?
- How to describe the practice, techniques, and delivery in teaching a class?
- What are the seven steps to become a great yoga teacher?
- Nine main doors in human body
- What and why are yogic locks?
- What are its preparation and its benefits?
- Three main bandha
- Mula bandha - root lock
Introduction to Ayurveda
- What is Ayurveda?
- How Ayurvedic science helps in yogic life?
- How six tastes can balances the mind and body?
- What are three main mind body constitutions?
- What does health mean in Ayurveda?
- Yogic healthy Kichadi
- Yogic herbal tea
- Group discussion
- Root cause of all pain and suffering is ignorance, how?
- How to sit for meditation?
- How to breathe for yogic practices?
- How to do digestive breathing?
- Yoga dance
- Laughing yoga
What is included
- Hatha, Ashtanga, Vinyasa, and Tantra-based yoga classes
- Meditation, pranayama, mantra chanting, and teaching methodology classes
- In-depth study of yoga philosophy, yoga anatomy and physiology, adjustment, and alignment
- Excursions and cultural experiences
- Course material and textbooks
- 28 nights' accommodation
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and herbal tea
- Dining area
- Yoga shala
- Free Wi-Fi
The accommodation for students consists of simple, bright, clean, and comfortable modern rooms. There are a total of 24 rooms divided into single and double shared accommodation. Every room is equipped with an attached toilet and bedroom, beds, pillows, blankets, storage space, set of chairs, and free Wi-Fi. International Mystical Yoga Centre also has one bright and spacious yoga shala (yoga hall) as well as indoor and outdoor dining facilities.
International Mystical Yoga Centre is located in a safe and peaceful environment in Khajuraho near the world famous Tantrik Kamasutra temples in Central India. The place has been charged by many yogi, yoginis, swamis, holy sadhus, spiritual seekers, and tantriks who have been coming since ancient times for yoga, meditation, and spiritual development.
- Cooking classes
- Dining area
- In-room safe
- Yoga shala
- Free Wi-Fi
The region is known as Bundelkhand and has given three world-famous spiritual masters known as Osho, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, and Ramprakash Sharma Yogi. The yoga school is located in Late Ramprakash Sharma Yogi Ashram who came in the 1970s and established his ashram for yoga and meditation. The benefits of studying at a yoga ashram are that the focus is completely on learning and growing in a spiritual and supportive environment.
Things to Do
Things to do
- Ayurveda treatments and massages
- Free Indian cooking classes
- Yoga dance
The fee includes nutritious yogic food to keep you fit and healthy. Three daily nutritious and healthy vegetarian meals will be served for you during the training. The meal consists of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and herbal tea. Most of the vegetables, fruits, and ingredients used in the kitchen come from the local market. Safe RO and UV filtered safe drinking water is also available 24 hours a day at the center free of cost.
If you have special dietary requirements it's a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Yogi Shailesh Sharma
With energetic passion, love, and joy, Yogi Shailesh Sharma has been sharing Hatha and Tantra healing technology. He dedicated his yoga practice since the very beginning. His aim as a teacher is always to give students exactly what he or she needs at any given time, which has led him to learn as much as possible about different meditations, healing techniques, and philosophical approaches. He studied at the Iyengar Yoga Institute for five years and received direct guidance from Yogi Ramprakash Sharma.
Hari Om Prakash Dabhekar
Hari Om Prakash Dabhekar is from Pune, Maharashtra, and is a certified yoga teacher from Kevlya Dham Yoga Institute, Pune. He joined BKS Iyengar Guruji Yoga Institution in Pune in 2001, taking asanas classes under Prashantji and Geetaji, which have been the main source of his knowledge and understanding of yoga as well as how to use properties to reach final pose. Until now, he has been going to Iyengar Institute for self-practice and to focus on anatomy and physical science. He is one of the best teachers who has a vast knowledge of therapeutic yoga.
Kerstin Linnartz has been doing yoga for the last 17 years and spent many years in India to deepen her own practices and teaching the students from across the world. She is certified as an advanced yoga instructor by Worldwide Yoga Alliance with 500 hours standards for Registered Yoga School and commenced by Swami Kailasananda. She got her diploma from Yoga Vedanta Academy in Rishikesh in addition to the title of "yoga acharya". Moreover, she trained in the classical Hatha yoga anatomies with Acharya Swami Sivadasananda at Ashtanga Yoga with Doctor Ron Steiner.
Location International Mystical Yoga Centre, Rajnagar Road, Khajuraho, Chhatarpur District, Madhya Pradesh, India
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.