9 Days, 50-Hour Yin Yoga & Chinese Meridians Teacher Training in Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia
Indonesia Teacher Training
Experience becoming a Yin Yoga Teacher during your stay on the paradise island of Nusa Lembongan! This seven days, 50-hour yoga teacher training program will provide you with a unique opportunity to deepen your understanding of Yin Yoga itself, Chinese Meridian theory, Yin Asanas, Art of Creative Sequencing & Adjustments, Emotional Aspects of The Chinese Meridians, Art of Using Props,Unique Skeletal Variations, Daoism Yin & Yang philosophy, History of Yin Yoga as well as a daily practice of mindfulness techniques. Join us in paradise to learn how to share this deep and magical style of yoga, learning from a Lead Trainer who studied with Jo Phee. You will leave ready to teach a 75 - 90 minutes yoga class confidently.
- Chinese meridian theory
- Daoist principles of Yin and Yang
- Free Public Yang Classes during your YTT
- How to communicate the benefits of Yin yoga
- Daily Yin yoga, pranayama, and meditation sessions
- The Art of sequencing with a focus on emotional aspects of Chinese Meridian Theory
- Yin yoga asana labs, use of props and adjustments according to individual skeletal variations
- 8 nights accommodation
- Yin Yoga
Serenity Yoga Lembongan is a Yoga Alliance accredited program.
This YTT program is designed for the yoga practitioner, who already holds their 200-hour YTT certificate, and is now ready to take the next step of becoming an Advanced Yoga Teacher. The primary focus throughout the program is on Anatomy, Skeletal Variations & Intelligent Sequencing, as well as the introduction of Yin Yoga & Chinese Medicine.
Upon completion of this yoga teacher training, students are eligible to register their 50 hours as Continuing Education Units (CEU) with Yoga Alliance. Registration with Yoga Alliance provides a globally recognized credential.
This course can be taken alone as simply CEU hours and personal development or as one individual 50-hour modules that can also eventually contribute towards our Yoga Alliance accredited 300 Hour Vinyasa & Yin Yoga Teacher Training program.
Please note that payment of tuition alone does not guarantee receiving certificate.
Do you need to have a strong yoga practice already?
It is highly recommended that you have had at least six months to one year of regular practice prior to the start of the course to help to get you started on your Yin yoga teacher journey. Contrary to belief, a flexible body free of injuries is not a requirement for this training! Yoga, and Yin Yoga, in particular, is a practice of meeting the body where it is, and then working with the body to slowly and respectfully move deeper.
Serenity Yoga Teacher Training
Experience becoming a Yin Yoga Teacher during your stay in the paradise island, Nusa Lembongan, with a sole focus on Chinese Meridians and chi energy! This 50-hour yoga teacher training program will provide you with a unique opportunity to deepen your understanding of yin yoga, expand your skills in Yin and the broader aspects of sharing your love of yoga philosophy, unique individual anatomy, teaching techniques and skills, communication of the benefits of yin and yang yoga, as well as allow you to open yourself up and move closer to your most confident self, and learn how to share your passion with the world around you. You will leave ready to confidently teach a 75-90-minute yin yoga class to a multi-level audience of students
Each day will include yoga workshops in the style of Yin yoga, guided meditation and pranayama, philosophy, and yogic discussion with full support from the Serenity Yoga team. Most of the teaching will take place in the beautifully calming space created within the fabulous shala of Serenity Yoga Lembongan.
Yin Yoga & Chinese Meridians
- Daily asana and meditation
- Opening and closing class rituals
- Yin Yoga Asana Labs
- Use of Props & Adjustments
- Chinese Meridian Theory
- Emotional Energy of Chinese Meridian theory
- Daoist Principles of Yin & Yang
- Yin & Yang Philosophy
- Art of Sequencing: create purposeful and intelligent sequences that focus on Chinese Meridians & Emotional -Aspects of each meridian connection
- Yin Yoga Therapy
- Yin & Yang Tissues
- How to Communicate the Benefits of Yin Yoga
- Anatomy as appropriate to the individual body
- Focus on Third Eye Chakra: our ability to tune into our own inner wisdom and intuition
- You will discover your authentic voice and gifts as a teacher, create inspiring and meaningful themes, refine the art of observation, learn how to really see your students, design a self practice that will be the basis from which your own teaching style will emerge, and you will learn how this creates not good but fantastic teachers.
- You will learn to understand better how to skillfully sequence group yoga classes.
- You will learn to embody the anatomy and philosophy of yoga, cultivating a deeper understanding of subtle body anatomy that you can sprinkle into your classes, and take further into better understanding your own practice and body.
- You will learn how to use your own life experiences as inspiration in your classes, refining your gift of expression and teaching through constant feedback with your teacher and peers.
- You will be taught how to modify poses for beginners or advanced practitioners in your class, ensuring that each yogi takes from their practice what they need.
- You will learn verbal cues, how to offer appropriate demonstrations, how to adapt or assist your yogis when they can go melt deeper into their practice, or simply need help with their own unique alignment.
- You will discuss the philosophy of where yin yoga came from, and how it continues to evolve.
Pre- course reading list
- Yin Yoga - Bernie Clark
- Insight Yoga - Sarah Powers
What is included
- 1 Serenity Yoga cotton bag
- 1 Serenity Yoga water bottle
- 8 nights accommodation
- Certification upon completion
- Daily Yin yoga, pranayama, and meditation practices
- Free water refills during study hours
- Opening and closing ceremony
- Option to attend public classes
- Serenity Yoga teaching manual
What is not included
- Airport transfers and boat to Nusa Lembongan
- Bank transfer or Paypal transaction fees
- Daily lunch and dinner
Early bird discount
The prices below include a special discount of 50 USD for 2020 courses. Discount is valid for the first 5 peoples paying the full amount.
Reserve your spot today!
- Check-in Time:14:00
- Check-out Time:12:00
You will stay at Serenity Yoga Lembongan's local partner accommodation with their neighbors and friends: Puri Kirana. All rooms have an air conditioner, hot water, access to the beautiful garden, and a good size swimming pool. There is also a direct access to the yoga shala through a gate at the bottom of their garden. Puri Kirana has a restaurant that is open for daily breakfast and dinners and offers a wide menu to suit all health requirements.
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Bicycle rental
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tour assistance
- Wireless internet
This course will take place in Nusa Lembongan, Bali, Indonesia. Nusa Lembongan is a small and beautiful paradise island, located 30 minutes by boat from Sanur, Bali. The yoga shala is nestled away in the middle of the quietest part of Jungut Batu, surrounded by nature and the beautiful jungle garden, yet just footsteps away from the beach. Serenity Yoga Lembongan makes a point of spending time by the ocean every day.
- Sanur - 30 minutes
Things to Do
- Enjoy stand up paddle boarding or SUP yoga
- Explore the beautiful islands of Lembongan, Cenigan, and Penida
- Go surfing, diving, or snorkeling
- Take a private yoga clinic with the lead trainer
There are massage and reflexology treatments available for booking at additional costs.
Meet The Instructors
Caroline is an E-RYT 500 with 7500+hours of experience. She has been teaching and sharing yoga since 2011! She came to yoga from an athletic background & a desire to better heal her body after injuries from competitive running. Her initial training were in Vinyasa & Power Yoga, through YTT's in Bermuda & India. She also has YTT hrs in Yin Yoga, Chinese Meridians, Five Elements & Myo-Yin with Jo Phee; Restorative Yoga with Anne Wanda; & Fly High Yoga. She is now part of a 1000 hour YTT with Tiffany Cruikshank, & studies through CED programs in advanced anatomy with Noah Maze & Jason Crandell.
Location Puri Kirana Bungalows, Jungutbatu, Lembongan island, Klungkung Regency, Bali 80771, Indonesia
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS). Transfer from and to the airport is available upon request. Please arrive at the very least a day or two earlier than the retreat date to ease jet lag and to settle into the island's life.
Arrival by boat / ferry
Nusa Lembongan is just a 30-minute boat ride from Sanur, Bali. Transfers can be organized upon request.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 100% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.