8 Day 50-Hour Yin Yoga Therapy Teacher Training Course in Goa
Short Yoga Teacher Training Goa
Learn about the meridian flow in the body and all the essential aspects of practicing and teaching this contemplative method. The philosophical and energetic aspects of Yin yoga can be a gateway to deep healing and offer resources of inspiration for your practice and your teaching.
- Daily yoga class
- 7 days of practice
- Guided meditation lessons
- Chanting and Kirtan sessions
- Suitable for beginner and intermediate levels
- Indian music and movie nights
- Daily breakfast and dinner
- 7 nights accommodation
- Yin Yoga
With the successful completion of the training, you will receive a yoga teacher training certificate and a Yin yoga therapy training diploma as a component of Alexandra Denkinger M.D. (ACU) physical therapy practice, licensed and registered as a doctor of medicine in acupuncture M.D. (ACU) by the Indian Board of Alternative Medicine. Ideally, students will have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training. However, this is not compulsory.
Daoist element and meridians
Yin is in! Yin yoga is getting a lot of attention lately, probably because your 'Yang' dominated lifestyles are asking for more balance. Daily stress impacts your body and mind. Even though you long to be at ease and enjoy the present moment, you tend to keep going, because you do not know any other way.
The Yin yoga therapy practice is designed to create space to just be, to rejuvenate the body, clear the mind, open up the heart, and allow energetic healing to take place. So welcome to the Yin side, an invitation to bring healing and balance to your fast-paced life.
Yin yoga therapy teacher training, in a nutshell, is all about how to
- Maintain and rejuvenate the body
- Practice mindfulness principles on a physical level to create peace in your mind
- Connect to the Daoist wisdom of the meridian chi flow in your bodies - harmonize body, mind, and soul
- Yin yoga is simple, but not easy
And sometimes being still is the toughest of all asana. The stillness of the long-held static stretches with relaxed muscles allow the space to practice mindfulness and awareness. In Yin yoga, you embrace your physical limitations, you work with the body just as it is. This in itself is an amazing thing. You are practicing acceptance, surrender to gravity, and connect your body to a Zen state of mind.
While you are expanding your flexibility and rejuvenate your joints, you reveal and release deep layers of tension held within your fascia. The therapeutic healing wisdom of the Daoist philosophy provides insight and guidance to get in touch with your body, mind, and soul. You get the unique opportunity to release emotional tension, free stagnant or blocked energy, and to cultivate a peaceful quality.
The content of Yin yoga therapy teacher training - 50 hours
Learn about the meridian flow in the body and all the essential aspects of practicing and teaching this contemplative method. The philosophical and energetic aspects of Yin yoga can be a gateway to deep healing and offer resources of inspiration for your practice and your teaching. Immerse yourself in the ideal environment for a transformational experience of body, mind, and soul to take place.
The teachings include the foundations and principles of Yin, the physical aspects and benefits of the practice, and the meditative and therapeutic-energetic effects from an oriental medicine perspective. You will practice sequences according to the Daoist elements to understand the energetic value of the chi flow in the pose.
Yin yoga therapy teacher training (50 hours) curriculum
Yin yoga foundations
- History and people
- The basic components
- The challenges
- The practice principles
Yin yoga practice and teaching
- 25 classic Yin poses, variations, and additional poses for the upper body
- Eight-points-analysis principle
- Sequences for each Daoist element
Therapeutic aspects of Yin yoga
- The concept of balance, Yin and Yang, and Chi
- The theory of the Daoist elements
- Oriental medicine meridians and their healing wisdom
- Dan Tien breath - theory and practice
Yin yoga and the movement mechanics of the body
- The theory of exercise - maintaining and improving mobility
- Fascia and tensegrity
- The piezoelectric principle in the poses
- Everyone’s unique variation of the structure of your skeleton
- Aesthetic versus functional alignment
- Compression versus tension
- Daily practice
- Lead Yin classes and interactive Yin workshops with pose analysis
What is included
- 7 nights accommodation
- Tax, bed linen, bath towels, hand soap, and housekeeping services at Devarya Wellness
- Yin yoga training certification plus all yoga props
- 2 healthy, vegetarian, and vegan buffet meals per day (breakfasts and dinners)
- Filtered drinking water and hot drinks including lemon ginger and chai (full day)
- A variety of evening activities open to all throughout your sta (Indian Kirtan, Osho meditations, Indian music, movie nights, chanting, and meditation)
- Full use of resort amenities (two swimming pools, relaxation areas, gardens, and private beach access with sun loungers)
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- Pool towels
- Smoke-free environment
What is not included
- Visa fees
- Additional spa treatments
- Beach towels
- Check-in Time: 14:00
- Check-out Time: 10:30
- Steam room
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Concierge desk
- Dining area
- Environmentally friendly
- Luggage room / storage
- Meditation garden
- Multilingual staff
- Smoke-free property
- Special menu request
- Yoga shala
- Baby sitting
- Bicycle rental
- Board rental
- Car rental
- Currency exchange
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Internet access
- Ironing / ironing board
- Medical assistance
- Parking lot
- Tour assistance
- Outdoor shower
Devarya Wellness offers you an escape from the mundane. Their luxurious accommodation set in and around their tropical lush gardens is located just a minute walk from the Morjim beach also known as Turtle Beach and is specially designed to give you the retreat break that you deserve. Their rooms across the property which spans 7000 square meters, seamlessly blends the elements of a Goan Portuguese heritage with the aesthetics of Rajasthani royalty.
Each room is vibrant, airy, and filled with natural light and good energy. Tastefully furnished with earthy decor that has been handpicked to reflect the elements of nature. Their accommodation offers you the beauty of traditional design combined with all the contemporary comforts of a luxury property. All rooms have been decorated with chakra energy in mind, including color and design. All rooms come equipped with a private bathroom, most with a private balcony, comfortable beds, spacious cupboards, fresh linen, a ceiling fan, an air conditioner, and a mosquito net on request.
The evening activities are from 8:15 p.m. onwards (optional). Your teacher, Alexandra, will plan her teaching schedule around this but will include Lead Yin classes and interactive Yin workshops, along with pose Analysis and the training.
Devarya Wellness, located in a coastal village in North Goa, overlooks the Morjim Beach. This beautiful beach stretch is also known as Turtle Beach after the endangered Olive Ridley sea turtles that nest on its shores during nesting season. A quiet and peaceful setting, Morjim with its lush green hills, clean beaches, and the Chapora river running through it, is a popular destination with foreign travelers and expats.
Known for its serene atmosphere, the Morjim beach is a great setting for a yoga holiday. It has something for everyone, whether you are a soul-searcher who is looking for tranquility or someone looking to enjoy a relaxing beach vacation. Morjim beach is a delight for nature lovers too. Apart from the Olive Ridley turtles, a variety of flora and fauna can be spotted here. For those interested, dolphin sighting trips are offered by locals.
You can even take a walk up the famous Chapora Fort for great views of the sandy beach and the green palms. Live the yoga life here, doing your practice, going for a swim, meditating on the beach, and enjoying spectacular sunsets as you soak in the sights and sounds of this beautiful place.
- Goa International Airport (GOI), 50 kilometers
- Pernem station, 20 kilometers
Things to Do
For the travelers at heart, Devarya Wellness also offers help with planning an exciting itinerary in Goa. At an extra cost, they book private excursions or day trips that will let you enjoy, explore, and experience Goa to its fullest.
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Dolphin sighting boat trip at sunrise
- Friday and Saturday night market visit
- Henna nights
- Holistic treatments
- Indian cooking classes
- Old Goa, spice farm, and waterfall day trip
- Paradise beach visit in the neighboring state of Maharashtra
- Rangoli and Mandala classes
- Therapeutic treatments and therapies
- Water sports activities like kite surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, and more
- Wednesday Anjuna Flea market visit
During this training, you will be served with daily breakfast is from 9 to 11 a.m. As well as dinner from 7 p.m. onwards.
Chia Lounge prides itself on using organic and locally produced goods wherever possible. The buffet and A La Carte menu's are designed for minimal food wastage whilst still ensuring the produce is fresh and organically grown.
Their yoga holiday, retreat, and training guests will be served delicious meals during their stay with Devarya Wellness in their restaurant. They cater for vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free diners. However, should you have another dietary requirement, no problem, just ask Devarya Wellness.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Other dietary requirements on request
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Alexandra Denkinger, acupuncture therapist (M.D.Acu), yoga teacher and inspired Body-Mind-Soul Bio-Hacker, dedicated to helping people empower themselves to live the most authentic, healthy life possible. In her Yin yoga sessions, she integrates the ancient wisdom of Acupuncture Meridians and Chi flow in a meditative yoga practice. In a Daoist or Zen way, the focus is on the value of breath, insight, and intuition supporting a lifestyle that feels in alignment with our deepest self.
Location Devarya Wellness, Vithaldaswada, Morjim, Goa, India
- (GOI) Goa International Airport: 29 km Transfer available for additional € 30 per person
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Goa International Airport (GOI). Transfer from and to this airport is available upon request at an additional cost of 30 EUR. Morjim is around 50 kilometers from Goa International Airport (GOI) in Dabolim, from where you can take a taxi or Devarya Wellness can pre-book a taxi transfer for you. The nearest railway station is the Pernem Station, which is less than 20 kilometers away. There are frequent buses from the capital city of Panaji and the city of Mapusa to Morjim.
Airport: Goa International Airport Airport transfer available: Goa International Airport (€ 30 per person)Additional charges may apply. You can request this in the next step.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 30 days before arrival.