8 Days Revitalize and Rejuvenate: Meditation and Yoga Retreat in Goa, India
Rejuvenating Yoga Retreat India
At the on-set of the Autumn Equinox, come celebrate with Devarya Wellness to revitalize, energize and harmonize your mind, body, and soul in Goa, India! Enjoy the pleasant weather and the beautiful sun, sea and sand, with yoga, meditation and chanting by the beach.
Watch the sunrise and sunset during mindful, meditative walks on the beach. Calm your senses with meditation session to the sound of the ocean, experiencing the sensation of the cool ocean breeze running through your hair. Along with access to the sea, they also offer two beautiful swimming pools / lagoons, tucked away in nature, surrounded by palm trees.
- Twice daily yoga
- Daily lectures or activities
- Meditation and pranayama
- Plenty of free time to relax and explore the area
- Vegetarian breakfasts and dinners
- 7 nights accommodation
- 1 Reiki session
- Hatha Yoga
- Yin Yoga
This is a terrific opportunity to bring about inner balance and peace – balancing our body, mind, emotions and senses. During this retreat, you will also practice deep breathing techniques / pranayama for calming the central nervous system and re-energizing the mind. In addition, the retreat offers one-on-one Reiki sessions, in order to balance your energy and chakras for realigning our body-mind-energy paradigm.
Devarya Wellness will also include short meaningful sessions on theory and philosophy of yoga and meditation, accompanied by value-based talks on spirituality and Vedantic philosophy. A beautifully crafted retreat package to energize, rejuvenate, and revitalize your entire being. Experience the benefits of a healthy, wholesome, rich, emotionally balanced, energetic life!
What is included
- 7 nights accommodation inclusive of tax, bed linen, bath towels, hand soap, and housekeeping services
- Morning and afternoon yoga classes plus all yoga props
- Daily lectures or activities
- 1 personal Reiki session
- 2 healthy, vegetarian buffet meals for breakfast and dinner
- Filtered drinking water and hot drinks including lemon ginger and chai (full day)
- A variety of evening activities open to all throughout your stay including Indian Kirtan, OSHO meditations, Indian music, movie nights, chanting, and meditation
- Flexibility to create your own holiday schedule around yoga classes
- Full use of resort amenities including two swimming pools, relaxation areas, gardens, and private beach access with sun loungers
- Free Wi-Fi in public areas
- Pool towels (beach towels not included)
- Smoke-free environment
What is not included
- Transfers and flights
Arrival: Sunday March 22, 2020
Departure: Sunday March 29, 2020
Devarya Wellness offers you an escape from the mundane. Their luxurious accommodation set in and around their tropical lush gardens is located just a minute walk from the Morjim beach also known as Turtle Beach and is specially designed to give you the retreat break that you deserve. Their rooms across the property which spans 7000 square meters, seamlessly blends the elements of a Goan Portuguese heritage with the aesthetics of Rajasthani royalty.
Each room is vibrant, airy, and filled with natural light and good energy. Tastefully furnished with earthy decor that has been handpicked to reflect the elements of nature. Their accommodation offers you the beauty of traditional design combined with all the contemporary comforts of a luxury property. All rooms have been decorated with chakra energy in mind, including color and design. All rooms come equipped with a private bathroom, most with a private balcony, comfortable beds, spacious cupboards, fresh linen, a ceiling fan, an air conditioner, and a mosquito net on request.
- Steam room
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Concierge desk
- Dining area
- Environmentally friendly
Devarya Wellness, located in a coastal village in North Goa, overlooks the Morjim Beach. This beautiful beach stretch is also known as Turtle Beach after the endangered Olive Ridley sea turtles that nest on its shores during nesting season. A quiet and peaceful setting, Morjim with its lush green hills, clean beaches, and the Chapora river running through it, is a popular destination with foreign travelers and expats.
Known for its serene atmosphere, the Morjim beach is a great setting for a yoga holiday. It has something for everyone, whether you are a soul-searcher who is looking for tranquility or someone looking to enjoy a relaxing beach vacation. Morjim beach is a delight for nature lovers too. Apart from the Olive Ridley turtles, a variety of flora and fauna can be spotted here. For those interested, dolphin sighting trips are offered by locals.
You can even take a walk up the famous Chapora Fort for great views of the sandy beach and the green palms. Live the yoga life here, doing your practice, going for a swim, meditating on the beach, and enjoying spectacular sunsets as you soak in the sights and sounds of this beautiful place.
- Goa International Airport (GOI), 50 kilometers
- Pernem station, 20 kilometers
Things to Do
For travelers at heart, Devarya Wellness also offers help with planning an exciting itinerary in Goa. At an extra cost, you can book private excursions or day trips that will let you explore, and experience Goa to its fullest.
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Dolphin sighting boat trip at sunrise
- Friday and Saturday night market visit
- Henna nights
- Holistic treatments
- Indian cooking classes
- Old Goa, spice farm, and waterfall day trip
- Paradise beach visit in the neighboring state of Maharashtra
- Rangoli and Mandala classes
- Therapeutic treatments and therapies
- Water sports activities like kite surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, and more
- Wednesday Anjuna flea market visit
Devarya Wellness' yoga holiday, retreat, and training guests will be served delicious meals during their stay in the restaurant. They cater for vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free diners. However, should you have another dietary requirement, no problem, just ask them.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Shibani has vast experience teaching Hatha yoga in India and overseas. She has been trained in Hatha yoga by the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center in Kerala, India. Her specializations are in Hatha yoga, Yin yoga, mindfulness, pranayama, and chanting techniques. She is able to guide and counsel clients on yoga postures or asanas best suited for their body type and lifestyle.
Location Devarya Wellness, Vithaldaswada, Morjim, Goa 403512, India
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Goa International Airport (GOI). Transfer from and to this airport is available upon request at an additional cost of 30 EUR. Morjim is around 50 kilometers from Goa International Airport (GOI) in Dabolim, from where you can take a taxi or Devarya Wellness can pre-book a taxi transfer for you. The nearest railway station is the Pernem Station, which is less than 20 kilometers away. There are frequent buses from the capital city of Panaji and the city of Mapusa to Morjim.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 15% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 60 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 60 days before arrival.