8 Day Transformational and Adventure Yin Yang Yoga Retreat in Goa
Breathtaking Yoga Retreat Goa
Don't miss out on this breathtaking and transformational journey to Goa to ignite your inner fire, whilst awakening, balancing, and healing your body, mind, and spirit through yoga, meditation, and energy work. This exciting and unique retreat combines ancient energy practices along with cultural immersion and adventure in the spiritual land of yoga.
- Daily yoga sessions
- Daily meditation practices
- A 60-minute ayurvedic massage
- Optional excursions to Old Goa, Dudhsagar Waterfall, and Spice Plantation
- Visit the famous Anjuna Wednesday market and Arambol
- An opening ceremony with fire puja
- Buffet brunch inside the premises
- 7 nights boutique accommodation
- Airport transfers included
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Yin Yang Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Yin Yoga
As always, Tranquil Times Holistic Retreat provides you with a safe and nurturing environment to enable permanent positive life changes, whilst giving you the time for new experiences, adventures, and friendships. In this stunning location, this retreat promises an unforgettable experience to treasure forever.
The cells in your bodies and your auras hold every life experience you've had - good or bad and it's the bad things that cause energy blockages. It's these blockages that hold you back, causing you to repeat the same patterns of behavior again and again and ultimately preventing you from achieving success in certain areas of your life.
During this week, any ties that no longer serve you for your higher good can be removed, so you are able to step into your feminine or masculine power and achieve success in all areas of your life.
The itinerary has been designed to give you a good balance of deep internal work for mind, body, and spirit along with glimpses into traditional Goan life and lots of light-hearted down-to-earth fun and laughter!
Each yoga session will be different. The program will be adjusted intuitively according to the group's needs as we journey through the week and raise your vibrations.
Jo will guide you through Hatha and Restorative yoga on arrival to aid speedy recovery after your travels and gentle Vinyasa flow for most morning sessions to connect with your breath and tune into the energy fields in our body.
Yin yoga guided by Amanda will be incorporated for emotional release and to stimulate energy flow further as well as qigong techniques. Guided meditations are also an important part of this week, tailored to what comes up for our group.
There will be quiet times too where you'll be encouraged to take time out, meditate, and journal to explore, enhance, and evaluate your inner experience. You can also book Jo and Amanda for one-to-one sessions or Jo for Reiki or sound treatments. Many types of massages are also available on site.
Yin Yang yoga
Yoga and meditation are an essential part of the program, however, you will also use other powerful healing modalities where needed. Yin Yang yoga is a practice that balances the slow-paced Yin yoga with the traditional Yang yoga (Vinyasa and Hatha).
Yin Yang yoga has its roots in China in the Taoist concepts of yin - a feminine, passive, cooling energy - and yang - a masculine, dynamic, warming energy. The Yin Yang yoga practice uses both types of yoga to provide both physical and spiritual balance.
In Yin yoga, the poses are held for a long period of time - typically three to five minutes or longer - to target the connective tissues, such as the ligaments, rather than focus on the muscles, as in yang yoga styles. As a result, the poses are more passive holds with little active engagement of the muscles.
Developed in India, Yang yoga is what the Western world thinks of as yoga - Hatha yoga asanas and Vinyasas that warm the body and stretch and strengthen the muscles.
By combining the two styles of yoga, Yin Yang yoga improves energy and fitness while promoting relaxation and healing.
“Yin” style yoga asanas, holding floor-based poses for longer periods of time to increase flexibility while working on the meridians (energy channels) of the body. This Yin yoga was designed to complement (rather than replace) Yang practices of dynamic movements, flows and standing poses.
Yin yoga stretches and targets both the deep connective tissues between the muscles and the fascia throughout the body. The aim is to increase circulation in the joints and improve flexibility as the poses stretch and exercise the bone and joint areas. It also helps us to regulate the body's flow of energy.
What to expect during this retreat
- Experience joy, fun, laughter, and adventure with a group of like-minded people
- Immerse yourself in deep soul work releasing ties from the past to become mentally stronger and the best version of yourself
- Stimulate your senses whilst learning new practices and discover your power within
- Embrace the soul of Goa, whilst relaxing in this perfect location to enjoy the beauty of nature and the power of the elements
- Opportunity to learn from two highly respected teachers and retreat leaders
Daily Schedule - Please note that this isn't set in stone, but just to give you an idea
- Sunday 12th - Arrival day. Check-in 2 p.m., welcome drink and talk from the Founders of Devarya Wellness. Fire puja (blessing) Afternoon yoga 5:30 - 7 p.m. Welcome dinner 7:30 p.m.
- Monday 13th - Morning yoga 8:30 - 10 a.m., breakfast 10.30 a.m., 5:30 - 7 p.m., Dinner 7:30 p.m., evening activities after 8 p.m.
- Tuesday 14th - As above
- Wednesday 15th - As above, with an additional trip to Anjuna flea Market
- Thursday 16th - As of Monday
- Friday 17th - Morning yoga 8:30 - 10 a.m., breakfast 10.30 a.m., a day trip to Old Goa, Dudhsagar Waterfall and a Spice Plantation
- Saturday 18th - As of Monday
- Sunday 19th - Breakfast and check out at 10 a.m. Join us for an optional additional 4 day trip to Hampi World Heritage UNESCO site
What is included
- 7 nights boutique accommodation (shared or single occupancy)
- Daily yoga / meditation (averaging three hours per day)
- Avin - pranayama and meditation class
- 1 massage (choice of different types including aromatherapy, Swedish, deep tissue, etc.)
- 7 buffet breakfasts
- 7 evening buffet meals
- All-day filtered water, chai, and lemon ginger teas
- Excursions to Anjuna flea market, Old Goa, Spice Plantation, and Dudhsagar Waterfall (12-hour trip total)
- Daily room cleaning
- Free Wi-Fi in public places
- Airport transfers from to Dabolim International Airport Goa (GOI)
What is not included
- Return airfare from home and visa
- Travel insurance
- Any lunches, dinners, and snacks not included above
- Other non-included items such as souvenir shopping, personal phone calls, extra therapies, any additional taxis, laundry
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Environmentally friendly
- Smoke-free property
- Yoga shala
- Free Wi-Fi
Specially designed to celebrate the colorful and mystical spirit of India, Devarya Wellness Resort's bouquet of chakra inspired rooms to speak to your senses, lets you soak in the relaxed vibes of the property and resonate with your inner balance. There are standard chakra rooms, junior cottages or chakra suites available.
All rooms come equipped with a private bathroom, most with a private balcony, comfortable beds, spacious cupboards, fresh linen, a ceiling fan, an air conditioner, and a mosquito net on request. All the rooms have been decorated with chakra energy in mind, including color and design.
From enjoying their two large swimming pools, sunbathing on the sandy Morjim beach or watching the sunset into the Arabian Sea, you can experience it all at Devarya Wellness - the serene environment to stimulate your mind, energize your body and speak to your soul.
Each shala is equipped with full yoga props including mats, chairs, blankets, bolsters, blocks, straps, meditation cushions, mosquito nets, alters, and decorated regularly with mandalas and floral decoration. It is advised that students bring along their own yoga mats where ever possible.
You will have excursions to the Anjuna flea market, Old Goa, Spice plantation, and Dudhsagar Waterfall (12-hour trip total).
Tranquil Times Holistic Retreat fell in love with Goa many years ago and have returned several times staying in different places. So after searching for the perfect retreat location, Tranquil Times Holistic Retreat is delighted to announce they have chosen the gorgeous Devarya Wellness Resort.
Located in the heart of a serene seaside town where you can breathe, experience, and live the yoga life. This green retreat spanning 7,000 square meters overlooks Morjim Beach and is a peaceful sanctuary for those seeking an escape from the monotony of a busy, urban existence.
This beautiful beach stretch is also known as Turtle Beach after the endangered Olive Ridley sea turtles that nest on its shores during nesting season. A quiet and peaceful setting, Morjim with its lush green hills, clean beaches and the Chapora River running through it, is a popular destination with foreign travelers and ex-pats.
The overall magic of this place offers you a secluded calm space, with privacy, as well as several communal areas like the yoga shala, dining areas, gardens, and terraces.
- Beach, 200 meters
- Mandrem, 6 kilometers
- Anjuna, 13 kilometers
- Mapusa, 13 kilometers
- Goa Dabolim International Airport (GOI), 50 kilometers - 90 minutes
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Environmentally friendly
- Smoke-free property
- Yoga shala
- Free Wi-Fi
Things to Do
- Relax and swim at the beach
- Walk along the beach to Mandrem and Arambol
- Experience Goa’s rich flora and fauna
- See Goa's majestic churches, ancient temples, and heritage
- Experience the hippest nightclubs and finest restaurants down the coast
- Optional 4 day excursion to Hampi world heritage UNESCO site at the end of the retreat
The buffet breakfasts and dinners take place at the 'Chia Lounge' which is a beautiful wooden constructed restaurant on two floors with a small garden, juice and coffee bar. Offering you sun or shade, both with sea views.
Chia Lounge is part of the Devarya Wellness Resort, located on the beach of Morjim, where you can enter straight from the resort and leave right onto the beach. Serving wholesome, healthy and organic food and beverages for the conscious diner.
Their aim is to complement a healthy and mindful lifestyle to support your wellness journey, and what better place to do that, other than overlooking the Arabian Sea on the beaches of glorious Goa.
Chia Lounge prides itself on using organic and locally produced goods wherever possible. The buffet and a la carte menu's are designed for minimal food wastage whilst still ensuring the produce is fresh and organically grown.
Tranquil Times Holistic Retreat caters for vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free diners however should you have another dietary requirement, no problem, just ask.
Your retreat includes seven delicious buffet breakfasts and five dinners. On arrival day, a special welcome dinner is served where you will meet, greet, and set your intentions for the week. Lunches aren't included, to give more personal flexibility and enable you to explore the area during the daytime. You have options to dine in various bars and restaurants in the area.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
The following drinks are included:
This retreat package includes a 45-60 minute massage from the list (aromatherapy, Swedish deep tissue, etc.). There are many other types of massage and spa treatments available onsite, plus Reiki and sound healing.
Meet The Instructors
Jo's interest in yoga started as a teenager and throughout her busy career, she sought refuge and relaxation in it whenever possible. Moving to Bulgaria in 2006 gave Jo time to reflect on life and realize she wanted to develop further in this area. During this time, she has gained her Yoga Alliance certification, Yoga Teacher diploma, Reiki healing up to Reiki Master and teacher level and completed a course in Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, from the University of California.
Dr. Amanda Bowen
Amanda Bowen is a respected yoga teacher from the UK, Certified Holistic Life Coach, Spiritual Counsellor & has a PHD Doctorate Degree in Metaphysical Science. She was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 11 years ago which fueled her passion for health, nutrition, and wellbeing, not just physically but also emotionally. She sees Yoga as the perfect start to putting our lives back into order and often combines this with coaching to make lasting life changes at the subconscious level. Her aim is to help people by providing a completely unique session based on their personal requirements.
Location Devarya Wellness, Morjim, Goa, India
- (GOI )Goa International Airport: 29 km Transfer included
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Goa International Airport (GOI). Transfer from and to the airport is included in the price. Nalanda resort will arrange a driver to pick you up from the airport. Tranquil Times Holistic Retreat recommends you choose a flight to arrive on the morning of Sunday, January 10.
Arrival by buses
There are frequent buses from the capital city of Panaji and the city of Mapusa to Mandrem.
Arrival by train
The nearest railway station is the Pernem Station, which is less than 20 kilometers away.
Airport: Goa International Airport Airport transfer included: Goa International Airport No additional charges. You can request this in the next step.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 33% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable if the booking is canceled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 60 days before arrival.