21 Day 200-Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training in Kandy, Central Province
200-Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Sri Lanka
Trinetra Yoga won and was awarded as "Best Emerging World Yoga Alliance School" at India Business Excellence Awards Ceremony at New Delhi, the capital of India. Trinetra Yoga is an International residential yoga school Internationally headquartered At Kandy Srilanka.
Trinetra Yoga is also affiliated with the World Yoga Alliance to run yoga teachers training programs and retreats for practitioners. They offer the host of World Yoga alliance benefits on our programs and certifications. World Yoga Alliance certificate is lifetime free and no renewal required.
At Trinetra Yoga, their core values and the fundamental beliefs spins around the quality of teaching and following international yoga standards by World Yoga Alliance with the best of curriculum and preparing International teachers having deep insights into various aspects of yoga.
- Daily yoga sessions (around 7-hour)
- Experienced and certified instructors
- Personal coaching and group preparation
- Lessons on beginners intermediate and advanced practitioners
- Daily Srilankan and mix breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 20 nights accommodation (single /twin sharing)
- Course material and certification ceremony
- Hatha Yoga
Hatha yoga (200-Hours) is 7 sequence of Asana’s, along with other theoretical and practical aspects of Hatha such as meditation, Kriya, Mudra’s, Kundalini, Chakra, Bandha, Nadishodhana, Yoga philosophy, Yogic diet, 5 Prana and 5 kosha’s, Nadi’s, 3 Guna’s, Ayurveda, Anatomy, 4 Ashrams, Mantra chanting, Bhagavadgita texts, etc.
The 7 series of Asana that we teach in Hatha yoga are:
- Standing series
- Standing Forward bend series
- Seated - Seated forward bend series
- Prone series
- Supine series
The program is well designed and based on international curriculum and teaching standards set by the World Yoga Alliance. Trinetra Yoga has certified and qualified experienced Masters having vast experience in teaching all the aspects of Hatha yoga.
With the WYA certificate, you are authorized to spread Hatha yoga across the globe with your name in WYA International Directory. The wholistic program is designed with a focus on asana, adjustment techniques, and methods. As well as yoga philosophy, pranayama, meditation, anatomy, and mantra chanting.
Practical sessions overview: These sessions equip the student with all necessary yoga tools for physical and mental development.
Yoga Practical Techniques
- Training, Practice, and Techniques
Asana - Hatha flow 7 series, pranayama, meditation, mantra, Kirtan, Shat Kriya, Bandha - 3 locks Mahabandha, yoga stretches and exercise, Therapeutic yoga, Lessons on Yin yoga, Introductory Pre-natal yoga, Partner yoga, Karma yoga assignments, opening prayers, and closing prayers.
- Teaching Methodology
Principles of a successful teacher, ethical code of conduct of a teacher, art of demonstration and observation, alignment, adjustment of asana, practice teaching sessions for students (LED Class) and yoga food/lifestyle, Asana theory benefits and limitations, and teaching methodology.
Group sessions / Practice session (group practice by students)
Yoga Business / strategic planning: The basics of how to build a successful Yoga model for self /students as a profession (Online and other marketing /business plans discussion.
Practicum-LED Class by Students: Students themselves taking classes for other students and also observing others while teaching.
Yoga Theoretical Techniques
- Yoga Philosophy / Theory
Yoga definitions & Introduction, 5 states of mind, Origin & History of Yoga, Ashtanga limbs, Hatha yoga, and its components, Shat Kriya, Bandha, Nadi’s and importance, Pancha prana and panch kosha, Prayers - Opening and closing prayers, 7 Chakra’s and kundalini, Veda’s, Bhagavad Gita texts and Mantra’s and Ayurveda overview, 3 Guna - Satvic - Rajasic - Tamasic food, yoga teacher ethics, yoga code of conduct.
- Theory related to other techniques
Meditation Techniques - Om /Trataka/Yoga Nidra/Nadanusandhan / Chakra / Mind sound resonance techniques of meditation/ Mantra meditation.
Human anatomy and physiology, Basics of movement science/kinesiology/Skeletal system/Connective tissue/Basics of yogic anatomy.
What do this 200-Hour Hatha Course will offer?
- Experience and methodology to handle and lead the LED class
- Deeper insights about Hatha yoga
- Lesson on the usage of props like blocks, belts and wall, chair in your practice with many modifications and variations of Asana with or without the usage of props
- Experience to handle beginner, intermediate, and advanced practitioners
- LED class is what we download
- Add on sessions on Partner, Yin yoga, yoga with props and Prenatal yoga
- Group and one on one attention by our teachers
- Yoga philosophy to enhance and enrich your spiritual knowledge
- An insight into Eight limbs of yoga - Ashtanga limbs
- Asana theory, benefits, and limitations
- Meditation techniques, Pranayama, Mantra Chanting
- Kriya - Cleansing techniques
- Anatomical aspects to understand Yogic science
- Practicum for students
- Discussion on Diet
Eligibility / Qualifying Criteria for the Course
- A practitioner with minimum of 6 months to 1 year of yoga practice /experience can apply
- The teachers training program cannot be considered as a holiday getaway and fun holiday
- Patients with a major illness or injuries not to apply or consult the doctor before applying
- Practitioners with a serious mindset to learn the teachers training program to apply
Duration of the course
The course duration is 3 weeks (21 days program) with a focus on the syllabus mentioned. The last day will be the certification ceremony.
Daily schedule - Hatha Yoga (200 Hours)
- 07:00 - 09.00 Hatha yoga practice session (Group practice session)
- 09:00 - 09.45 Karma yoga / breakfast break
- 10:00 - 11.30 Asana theory
- 11:30 - 13.00 Teaching methodology / Alignment
- 13:00 - 14.00 Lunch break
- 14:00 - 16.15 Yoga philosophy/Pranayama/Yoga Business planning
- 16:30 - 17.30 Anatomy
- 17:30 - 18.30 Meditation/Prenatal/Yin yoga/Partner yoga
- 19:00 - 21.00 Dinner time
Important Note: The time table may change based on class adaptability and understanding of subjects.
What is included
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- 20 nights accommodation (single /twin sharing)
- Course material
- Morning to evening sessions
What is not included
- Personal transport
- Airfare/local travel expense
- Shopping and luxury expenses
- Non-vegetarian food
- Any other expenses over and above inclusions
- No adjustments/reduction /refund in fee in part or full, for not using any services such as food and all inclusions
- Check-in Time: 10:00
- Check-out Time:23:00
The accommodation will be a twin sharing room, with two students occupying one room. A single room option is available with additional cost mentioned in the package.
Excursions can be included and one can pay extra to avail them and the cost will be reasonable
This training course will take place in Sri Lanka. There are many places nearby as nature visits such as waterfalls and botanical gardens.
Trinetra Yoga can also arrange a beachside visit per head additional cost which will be reasonable.
Things to Do
- Any day outing to be paid extra
- Tea coffee with Snack to be paid extra
- Airport pickup and drop-off to be paid extra
- Anything over and above inclusions to be paid extra
Trinetra yoga doesn't have inhouse spa treatment but can assist students to find for them and they can take spa their with an additional cost.
You will be served with three vegetarian meals provided from Monday to Sunday. Its Sri Lanka, so please expect healthy Sri Lankan vegetarian food.
However, there are nearby restaurants that you can also call in case you need to taste change for Indian food or any other cuisine available.
There will be a welcome drink, fresh juice on arrival. Tea with snacks is available at an additional cost.
If you have special dietary requirements it's a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Dr Avinash LP
Dr. Avinash LP has completed BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda medicine and surgery) and Ayurvedacharya from KVG Ayurveda Medical College and Hospital, Sullia Dakshina Kannada, under Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore. Along with BAMS, he has done his Post Graduation Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics. He is practicing Ayurveda for last many years in yoga city Mysore which is also his native town Ayurveda is up a Veda of Atarvaveda, which is considered as 'the way of life' under which yoga comes and because of the sound knowledge of Ayurveda. He is well versed in yogic knowledge.
Dr.(Hc) Piyush Goel
Grandmaster Dr.(Hc) Piyush goel's yogic journey started many years ago and he has worked under highly proficient teachers and gurus of the field from Mysore, Pondicherry, and Bangalore. Piyush was awarded and certified as “Grandmaster-Hatha Yoga” by Yoga Alliance International and is ranked 14th in Grandmaster’s category in Asia Pacific region. Grandmaster Piyush hails from Bangalore and Mysore and uses a hands-on approach on various aspects relevant to different domains of yoga. Having trained under Super Master’s, he has a grounded approach towards his students in everything.
Location Trinetra Yoga, 23/a Arangala Mahawaththa Road, Kandy 20194, Sri Lanka
- CMB Bandaranaike International Airport: 144 km Transfer not provided
The property is located at about 3 hours driving distance from Kandy Sri Lanka. Traveling with fellow students in a group may reduce the cost of transportation. For more information, kindly send an inquiry to Trinetra Yoga.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 50% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 15 days before arrival.