5 Days Samkara Private Luxury Yoga Holiday in Koh Phangan, Thailand
Rejuvenating Yoga Holiday Thailand
Samkara believes that personal evolution starts with self-love. This private all-inclusive luxury yoga package will help you cultivate the ancient discipline of yogic practices to recharge and rejuvenate your body, mind, and soul!
A truly unique tropical healing yoga holiday, Samkara Luxury Yoga Packages bring together daily meditation, delicious healthy cuisine, massage treatment, wellness consultation and coaching, and of course an abundance of daily yoga-practicing various types suitable for all experience levels - both on the resort and in the tropical island nature.
You will also enjoy plenty of your own time to experience additional healing treatments from the Samkara Holistic Spa Menu or perhaps just relax by the beautiful on-site infinity pool. Escape your routine in a way that actually leaves you stronger and more prepared for your return to the real world.
Join Samkara for an unforgettable experience of a lifetime in this special paradise, where you can focus on your personal growth and evolution... be it physical, mental, or spiritual.
- Personalized wellness consultation
- Panoramic sea views and daily sunsets
- Daily yoga and meditation sessions overlooking the ocean
- Healthy meals with fresh coconuts 3 times a day
- Shuttle service to unspoiled beaches
- 5 nights of luxury accommodation
- Airport pick-up and drop off
- An amazing infinity pool
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
Samkara’s yoga is instructed mainly in Hatha and Vinyasa styles. The classes are taught by experienced international teachers to assist you in establishing a daily routine of health and wellness or to deepen your existing yoga practice. The onsite classes will take place either in the amazing round Yoga Shala or the panoramic Rooftop Sky Center. The offsite classes will be at the beach (depending on weather).
The unparalleled tranquility and fantastic facilities of Samkara will provide you with the space to journey inward, renew and refresh your body, mind, and spirit.
Each package offers one relaxing massage, a one-hour class on yogic philosophy as well as daily guided meditation sessions to start you on your journey.
A wide variety of delicious menu options are available for you to choose from. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included on all activity days along with a fresh organic coconut served at each meal.
Sample daily schedule
- 07:00 Rise and shine: wake up and drink 500 millimeters of warm water
- 07:30 Fresh coconut
- 08:00 60-minute morning Vinyasa yoga and pranayama overlooking the ocean
- 09:00 Leisure time (free time to rest, do self-practice or book an extra wellness spa treatment from the Samkara holistic spa menu)
- 09:30 Healthy breakfast and fresh coconut
- 10:00 60-minute Vinyasa yoga in nature
- 11:00 Leisure time
- 12:30 Healthy lunch and fresh coconut
- 13:30 Massage treatment or leisure time
- 15:30 Fresh coconut
- 16:00 120-minute afternoon sunset Vinyasa yoga with guided meditation
- 18:00 Leisure time
- 18:30 Healthy dinner
- 19:30 Leisure time (free time to rest, do self-practice or book an extra wellness spa treatment from the Samkara holistic spa menu)
- 21:00 Sweet dreams
The schedule is subject to change.
Please note this is a private package, not a group retreat, although there may be others that join the yoga sessions. Samkara will customize each package specifically for you. After you reserve your dates you will receive a questionnaire to better help asses your goals and focus the classes towards achieving them.
What is included
- 4 nights of luxury accommodation
- 3 daily healthy meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 1 farewell breakfast)
- 3 daily fresh coconuts
- 3 60-minute morning Vinyasa yoga (onsite)
- 3 120-minute afternoon yoga and meditation (onsite)
- 3 60-minute yoga in nature
- 1 60-minute massage treatment
- 1 60-minute yoga philosophy and practices
- Unlimited filtered drinking water
- Free shuttle service to and from the beach (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Airport pickup and dropoff (from Samui Airport (USM))
- Free reusable water bottle
- Farewell souvenir
- Panoramic sea views
- Access to resort facilities including the sea-view infinity pool
What is not included
- Additional spa and holistic therapies
- Island tours
- Access to the sauna complex
- Additional beverages (juice, smoothies, alcohol, etc)
- Check-in Time: 14:00
- Check-out Time: 11:30
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Concierge desk
- Dining area
- Luggage room / storage
- Multilingual staff
- Poolside bar
- Special menu request
- Yoga shala
- Car rental
- Conference room
- Free bicycle
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Meeting room
- Tour assistance
Samkara Retreat Center is located in the Sunset Hill Resort which has a unique hillside location above the unspoiled beaches of Haad Yao and Haad Chao Phao. The resort offers a range of luxury suits and world class facilities such as the famous infinity pool, amazing restaurant, and sauna complex, all with panoramic views.
The holistic spa offers treatments such as acupressure, cupping, breathwork, chi nei tsang and Reiki. This is a one-of-a-kind place for relaxation and tranquility where you can unwind, recharge, and enjoy. Whether it’s pure relaxation or a lifestyle transformation, Sunset Hill Resort are there to make your entire experience truly fulfilling.
Koh Phangan is an island paradise in the Gulf of Thailand located about 100 kilometers from the coast of southern Thailand’s Surat Thani province and about 15 kilometers (20 to 30 minutes by ferry) from the famous resort Island of Koh Samui.
Sunset Hill Resort sits atop a hillside overlooking Koh Phangan’s west coast and offers unbelievable panoramic sea views. The property is located 350 meters from Haad Chao Phao and Secret Beach and a free shuttle service is offered to these locations throughout the day.
- Haad Chao Phao, 350 meters
- Secret Beach, 350 meters
Things to Do
Additional wellness services
- A wide selection of holistic treatments available
- Additional yoga and/or meditation classes
- Additional massage treatments
- Access to sauna complex (Steam, Finnish and Infrared saunas available)
Koh Phangan Tours & Island excursions
- Amazing snorkeling trips
- Half-day or full-day Koh Phangan island tour
- Phangan Bicycle tours
- Angthong marine park
- Snorkel at Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan
Fishing trips and extreme activities
- Both daytime and nighttime Fishing trips
- Wake up! Wakeboarding
- Kiteboarding from one-day discovery to full courses
- Fun dive sail rock
- Discover scuba diving
- PADI open water or advanced courses
- Funny tour: Private long-tail boat around Phangan
- Nice sea: Private speedboat to and from Koh Tao
- Orion: Private tour of Angthong marine park wooden boat
- Nice sea: Private tour of Angthong marine park speedboat
- The challenge Phangan: Koh Phangan’s obstacle course on the lake
- Slip n’ fly day party: Test your courage with these water slides
- Waterworld Koh Pha Ngan
Samkara offers delicious food, all organic and mostly locally sourced. With a full menu to service all diets, including vegan and vegetarian options, there are options to please everyone. Fresh coconuts are provided at each meal. Try the signature salads and raw vegan options as well. They do their best to accommodate dietary restrictions and requests but please be sure to inform in advance.
An important part of a great dining experience, in addition to the quality of the food, is the ambiance of the dining venue. At Sunset Hill, you will have a choice of two dining areas, the enclosed Viewpoint Restaurant area (but still open to sea breezes) and the panoramic open-air Sunset Deck area. Both offer the signature stunning views of the sea and marine parks islands.
In case you prefer a more casual atmosphere, all items on the menu can also be ordered from the pool bar opposite the infinity swimming pool, with the same commanding ocean views.
If you have a particular desire that is not on the menu, please inform Sunset Hill and they will do everything possible to suit your needs. Room service is also available upon request.
If you have special dietary requirements it's a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- Other dietary requirements on request
- Raw Food
- Regular (typically includes meat and fish)
The following drinks are included:
The price includes one-hour massage. You will have a choice between foot massage, Thai massage, or oil massage. All massages are carried out by certified and experienced masseuses which means you can just relax and let it happen to you.
Samkara offers a wide variety of additional holistic treatments you may book for an additional charge.
- Additional massage
- Bodywork such as Chi Nei Tsang, Tok Sen, and Cupping
- Therapeutic Consultations (holistic and ayurvedic)
- Energy Work such as Reiki and Sound Healing
- Breath Work such as rebirthing, SOMA, and one-on-one techniques
- Mindfulness Work such as Qi Gong and guided meditation
Meet The Instructors
Kelly fell in love with yoga after experiencing the clarity, peace and inner serenity that the practice provided her. Kelly believes asana is a powerful tool to help nurture the mind-body connection. She aims to give her students a space to explore their bodies and the power of breath and movement. With a focus on alignment, Kelly guides students through a mindful flow aiming to create a powerful moving meditation enhancing awareness both on and off the mat.
Nikki is from the US and has been traveling in SEA since January of 2017. Nikki is a 200 hr CYT, Reiki Master, Chi Nei Tsang Level I practitioner and embodiment coach, specializing in supporting those who are transitioning through life in a similar way that she is. She approaches each facet of her life with love, empathy, and presence and therefore extends these to her students, clients, and all the people she interacts with. It is important to her to meet each person exactly where they are on their journey.
Anna Kintsugi Kay
Anna is an experienced, passionate, & motivated Yoga Teacher with over 7 years of teaching experience & 15 years of practice & advanced training in Classical Hatha, Ashtanga Vinyasa, Pranayama, Yoga Philosophy, & a variety of meditation techniques & mindfulness modalities. She’s committed to providing extensive holistic training, while guiding students to live in authentic alignment with their inner being. She is adept in creating powerful teaching plans that supports an environment where students cultivate inner peace, physical health, & the mental/emotional capacity to live their best life.
Taking an interest in yoga at the age of 12, his passion for yoga exploded 7 years ago mixing with yogis of different backgrounds. Settling on Koh Phangan, and doing his teacher training, he is now a full time yoga instructor. He takes a balanced approach to yoga, incorporating emphasis on breath, cued alignment and being present. He has a unique ability to create classes on the spot to suite the individual in a way they can personally connect to. Teaching an assortment of styles including Hatha, Vinyasa, Power and Yin, Meditations and Nidra.
Elena traveled from Spain to Thailand at 27 to be nourished by new knowledge concerning yoga and shortly after became an official instructor. She has being working on the island for the last 3 years. In her classes she pursues the balance between body, mind and energy. Paying great attention to physical alignment, taking us to the present moment through techniques of guided meditation and pranayama. She teaches a variety of yoga styles Vinyasa flow, Hatha yoga, Power yoga, Yin yoga, Yoga Nidra, Aligment yoga, Meditation and Fitness.
Location Sunset Hill Resort, 81/15 moo 8, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
- USM Samui Airport: 16Km Transfer included
Arrival by airplane
The easiest and fastest way to reach Koh Phangan is to fly into Koh Samui Airport (USM). From there, it is a quick 20 to 40 minutes' ferry ride to Koh Phangan. Ferries run from morning until early evening. Please note the last airport pickup is 16:00 so be sure to arrive before this time.
Another option is to fly into Surat Thani Airport (URT) and then take a 3 to 5-hour bus and boat to Koh Phangan. The mainland is linked by several boats and ferries per day all departing from Surat Thani’s Ban Don Port or Donsak port operated by Lomprayah, Raja Ferry, Seatran and Songserm. Please note the last airport pickup is about 15:30 so be sure to arrive before this time.
You may also take a bus or train from Bangkok or other locations around Thailand. If you need assistance booking transportation please contact Sunset Hill Resort's team of friendly staff as they are there to help in any way they can. They can provide airport pickups, buses, and ferries from almost anywhere in Thailand. Contact them for pricing and timetables.
This package includes transportation to and from Koh Samui Airport. Please note that they would need arrival details at least 24 hours in advance to organize pick up.
Airport: Samui Airport Airport transfer included: Samui AirportNo additional charges. You can request this in the next step.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable if the booking is canceled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.