7 Days Rooftop Budget Yoga and Meditation Retreat in Rishikesh, India
Yoga Retreat India with Yogi Vimal
Immerse yourself in yoga and meditation with Yogi Vimal - a local of Rishikesh who spent a year alone in a cave as part of his spiritual practice and Yogini Elena -internationally known for her life empowering approach to yoga and her love for yogic philosophy, on the terrace of the lovely Staywell cottage surrounded by the majestic mountains of the Himalayas, overlooking the sacred river Ganga in the holy town of Rishikesh, the world's capital of yoga.
- Daily yogic philosophy Q&A
- 1 meditation in a sacred cave
- 2 daily yoga/meditation sessions
- 1 sunrise meditation in the Himalayas
- Participation in 3 Holy Indian ceremonies
- 1 complimentary ayurvedic massage
- 6 nights accommodation
- 3 daily yogic meals
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Iyengar Yoga
- Power Yoga
- Kriya Yoga
- Sivananda Yoga
- Japa Yoga
- Chakra yoga
- Yin Yoga
- 08:00 Yoga class with pranayama
- 09:30 Yogic breakfast
- 10:00 Free time/self-study
- 12:30 Yogic lunch
- 13:30 Free time/ self-study
- 16:30 Yoga and meditation class
- 20:00 Yogic dinner
- 21:00 Goodnight
Note: on excursion days, the schedule will change. You will be informed of such changes the day before.
What is included
- 2 daily yoga/meditation classes
- 1 Ayurvedic massage
- 3 daily yogic/vegetarian meals
- 6 nights accommodation
- Meditation in breathtaking Himalayas
- Visits to temples and ancient caves
- Meditation by the sacred river Ganga
- Participation in holy Indian ceremonies
What is not included
- Transfers to/from airport available at additional cost
- Your own personal shopping
- Check-in Time: 13:00
- Check-out Time: 11:00
- Luggage room / storage
- Yoga deck
- Yoga shala
- Currency exchange
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Internet access
- Medical assistance
Enjoy a single or double room (upon request) - equipped with A/C in the summer season- with private bathroom and plenty of light in the center of Rishikesh in the lovely Staywell cottage, where Seema and her family make you feel at home. Practice yoga on the cottage's rooftop overlooking the Ganga, surrounded by the Himalayas. Go on excursions with Yogini Elena and Yogi Vimal; a local of Rishikesh who lived in a cave alone for a year and knows all the spots only babas are aware of. Indian traditional yogic meals are freshly
- Meditate in a holy cave and bathe in the sacred river Ganga - if you like.
- Attend 3 Indian traditional holy ceremonies - aarti.
- Watch the sunrise in the breathtaking Himalayas.
This retreat takes place at the lovely Staywell Cottage in Tapovan, where Seema and her family make you feel at home. Practice yoga on the cottage's rooftop and go on excursions with Yogini Elena and Yogi Vimal - a local of Rishikesh who lived in a cave alone for a year and knows all the spots only babas are familiar with.
Things to Do
- Visit Haridwar (the nearest town about 40 minutes away)
- Join cooking classes
- River rafting
- Visit the waterfall
Staywell Cottage Guest House serves a vegetarian menu in keeping with yoga practice. The food is ample, tasty, mostly organic, and prepared on the premises in Seema's kitchen. Enjoy Indian typical breakfast, lunch, and dinner delicious, tasty meals.
If you have special dietary requirements it's a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
The following drinks are included:
One ayurvedic massage is included in the package.
Meet The Instructors
Born and raised in Rishikesh, Vimal’s journey as a yogi began years ago with his studies at the Bihar School of Yoga and continued at the Sivananda Vedanta Academy. As part of his sadhana (spiritual practice), Vimal lived alone in a cave for one year. This unique life’s transforming experience permitted him to deeply understand the real meaning of living a yogic lifestyle. For the past 13 years, Vimal has been teaching yoga and meditation in India and other parts of Asia to improve one’s physical health as well as one’s spiritual life.
Elena is an Italian/American certified yoga instructor who teaches Atma yoga, a holistic healing style created by Saul David Raye - Elena’s classes, open to all levels of students, including a dynamic flow of asana, pranayama, Ayurvedic tips, and meditation. Eclectic energy work together with teachings from Bhakti, Tantra, and Shamanism are at the core of her classes. Elena is passionate about yogic philosophy and Hindu mythology. Her enthusiasm in sharing her love for the sacred practice yoga is contagious.
Location Staywell Cottage Guest House Topovan Bypass -Rishikesh 249192
- DED Jolly Grant Airport: 14 km Transfer available for additional US$20 per person
- DEL Indira Gandhi International Airport: 209 km Transfer available for additional US$100 per person
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Dehradun's Jolly Grant airport (DED). Transfer from and to this airport is available upon request. Please let Om Sampoorn Yoga if you need their help with the transfer.
Arrival by train
It is a five hour trip on Shatabdi Express from New Delhi railway station to Haridwar. You can then take a taxi from Haridwar to Rishikesh (1 hour).
Airport: Jolly Grant Airport Airport transfer available: Jolly Grant Airport (US$20 per person) Additional charges may apply. You can request this in the next step.
Airport: Indira Gandhi International Airport Airport transfer available: Indira Gandhi International Airport (US$100 per person) Additional charges may apply. You can request this in the next step.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 50% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.