7 Days Adventure, Meditation and Yoga Retreat in Rovinj, Croatia
Adventure and Yoga Retreat Croatia
Expert tip: This is one of the most popular yoga retreats offered in Croatia.
Experience the beauty, calm, and harmony of Rovinj, Croatia, while deepening your practice in this Five Elements yoga and adventure retreat. The program is great for singles and for couples, especially when one is more into yoga and the other partner into adventure and sport. It is also for those who want a deeper knowledge about the five elements and a more enriching and spiritual experience. All of the activities are easy to do but average physically strenght is necessary. For example, you need to be able to drive a bicycle (mountain bike), because sometimes we use bikes for transport.
- Daily morning yoga classes
- Meditation and lectures about the Five Elements
- Kayaking, windsurfing, biking, hiking, cave exploring, SUP, and snorkeling
- Free time to unwind, socialize, go to the beach or have a massage
- Daily organic vegetarian or vegan breakfast and lunch
- 6 nights’ accommodation
- Boat excursion
- Hatha Yoga
In this retreat, Five Elements will offer you a challenging but nurturing environment where you can focus on your personal growth, helping you to unwind and reconnect with your inner resources, surrounded by the healing power of nature.
Aside from the healthy meals and cozy accommodation, you will experience daily energizing yoga sessions, insightful morning Five Elements lectures, meditation time, Five Elements afternoon adventures (kayaking, windsurfing, hiking, or biking), and plenty of leisure time to spend on the various beaches and secluded coves.
All of the activities in the retreat, including windsurfing and kayaking, are very easy to do. Five Elements Retreats will provide the equipment for beginners and you will be led by highly experienced instructors. Everyone can join, no matter of previous experience but an average physical condition is necessary.
Five Elements HaTha yoga style
Each day of the retreat will be dedicated to one of the great five elements (water, earth, fire, air, and spirit). This retreat benefits all levels of practitioners regardless of where you are in your yoga journey.
Five Elements Hatha yoga style is a variation of Hatha yoga, focusing on each of the five elements. This style is excellent for beginners and provides an interesting approach for the experienced yogi.
The Five Elements concept is the oldest knowledge in the world, originating as ancient religion in Egypt, India, and Sumeria. Civilizations that would develop esoteric knowledge such as yoga, Tantra, astrology, numerology, feng shui, and many others based on these beliefs. Today, many mystics, yogis, saints, and hermits still use this concept to continue on the spiritual path they have chosen.
The Five Elements can shape your life and influence your perception of reality. Balance between elements develops qualities such as peace, power, joy, and harmony. You only need to discover, implement, and balance these elements in your character, as you are made from all of the five elements; the same elements as nature, Mother Nature can be your greatest teacher.
In the retreat, you will not only learn about the Five Elements but discover which is your strongest and which ones may need attention and learn the method of bringing balance to the elements.
This retreat program will begin on Sunday with the evening gathering at sunset time.
Sample daily schedule
Monday to Friday
- 08:00 - 09:15 Morning yoga class
- 09:30 Breakfast
- 10:30 Lecture and meditation
- 12:00 Free time (you can go to the beach, rest or just relax)
- 14:30 Lunch (sometimes 13:30)
- 16:00 - 20:00 Daily adventure activities (except one day)
- Evening - Free time to explore Rovinj or socialize
- End on Saturday with breakfast
Please note the itinerary of the program can change depending on weather conditions and considerations.
What is included
- 6 nights' accommodation in one of the Five Elements Guesthouse rooms or apartments
- 6 breakfast and lunch (vegetarian or vegan and mostly organic)
- 5 different types of yoga classes, meditations, and lectures
- All adventure tours, gear, and instructions
- Boat excursion
- Free use of bicycles for all 6 days
- Snack for the welcome evening
What is not included
- Dinner: Most guests prefer to visit the town for dinner, or you can make your own dinner in the guesthouse. All guests will have access to the common kitchen and some apartments have a private kitchen.
- Visiting biodynamic-organic farm
- Pick-up from Pula Airport (PUY) - can be organized
- Barbeque facilities
- Yoga shala
- Free bicycle
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
Biking and kayaking
One afternoon, you will be cycling along the coast through the park and landscapes of awesome natural beauty until we reach the beach from where we continue with the kayaks. With the kayaks, we will explore the waters around the Rovinj archipelago and we will stop on one gorgeous island where there is no tourist, where you can relax on the beach and swim in the beautifully clear Adriatic Sea.
SUP - Stand up paddling and snorkeling
One afternoon, we take the SUP board and we go to have fun on some remote beach where you can relax, swim, snorkel and have fun on the SUP board and maybe try yoga on the SUP as well.
You will learn how to windsurf, one of the most exciting water activities! We provide all equipment and trained instructors. No previous windsurfing experience needed. You don't need to be physically very fit to try windsurfing lessons with us and / or you can do SUP (stand up paddling).
Hiking tour and secret cave visiting
One afternoon, you will hike, and grappling to visit a secret and real yogic caves where one saint was living 1000 years ago and which have an amazing view.
Please note all the activities will take place on the sea or beach, including hiking, so you will have the opportunity to swim every day. All the adventure excursions include time to come to the spot and back, time for preparation, time for a swim, and relax.
This retreat will start from every sunday
Things to Do
On your free time, you can swim in the beautifully clear sea, sunbathe, socialize with new friends, book a massage, or discover the many beauties Rovinj and the Istrian peninsula, the magic land or terra magica, have to offer.
- We organize visiting the small local biodynamic-organic farm. (Wine and olive oil tasting with an authentic dinner)
- Sometimes we organize to go for dinner in some good local restaurant
- You can book a massage (prefer to book it in advance because of limited places)
- On a free afternoon, you can visit Pula with a bus, or take a taxi and visit Motovun and / or Grožnjan
- If you stay one day extra, you can even visit Venice with daily boat excursions
During your stay, Five Elements Retreats will provide nourishing and tasty vegetarian meals (breakfast and lunch) based on locally and organic grown food, cooked, and served with love.
If you have special dietary requirements it's a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Marin is an adventure guide, a mystic and an instructor in the Five Elements. He has been in the world of yoga for over 20 years and has been teaching yoga and meditation for over 10 years. Before that he was teaching windsurfing and drumming in the circle. He is the author of several books about Five Elements and that is the knowledge that he would like to share with you. When he was young he was practicing many extreme sports because he loved the adrenaline but later he discover meditation and now he just likes to be in the Nature in silence and enjoying her beauty.
Natali Podner is a physiotherapist and yoga instructor. In her early 20s, she traveled around the world as a model and she experienced a lifestyle that was beautiful from the outside. Today, she is finding more beauty and peace inside, and she tries to find love in doing small things.
Location Five Elements Guesthouse, Ulica Drage Gervaisa 16, Rovinj, Croatia
- PUY Pula Airport:29 kmTransfer available for additional € 60 per person
- VCE Venice Marco Polo Airport112 km Transfer not provided
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Pula Airport (PUY). The nearest airport is Pula - 40 kilometers from Rovinj. This is a small airport but it has some direct flights from around Europe you can check at Pula airport's webpage. From Pula Airport (PUY), you can go to Pula city to visit the famous amphitheater and then take a bus to Rovinj (30 minutes).
Arrival by bus
You can take a bus service also from Rijeka, Croatia, Zagreb, Croatia, Trieste, Italy, or Ljubljana, Slovenia, to get to Rovinj. It will take two to four hours by bus.
Arrival by ferry / boat
It is possible to come to Rovinj by ferry from Venice. The ferry comes direct to Rovinj harbor on almost every day but do not take a ferry on Sunday because it is coming to late for the program. From Rovinj harbor or bus station, you will need to take a taxi to reach our place which will be maximum 10 EUR or approximately 75 Kuna.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 42 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.