6 Day Life Makeover and Yoga Retreat in Playa del Albir, Alicante
Life Changing Yoga Retreat Spain
La Crisalida invites you who are keen to make a positive transformation in your life. The Life Makeover Retreat is for those people who know that something in their life must change now - they can no longer wait. This retreat is designed to help participants to develop the courage necessary to take the first steps and to start the internal process of change required to make deep and positive change sustainable. The core component of the La Crisalida Life Makeover Retreats are the workshops, in addition to the yoga classes. Experience a makeover in your yoga, mindset and diet, so that you return home ready for longer lasting change. You can also choose to book one-to-one life or transformational coaching for personalised, in-depth change.
- Arrive any day of the week
- Daily yoga classes
- Life makeover workshops
- All other activities included
- Three plant-based meals per day with optional juice cleanse
- Free transfer between Alicante airport (or train station) and the retreat
- Unlimited filtered water, herbal teas and fresh fruit
- Fabulous book and DVD library
- 5 nights cosy accommodation
- All meals included
- Open 365 days a year
- Hatha Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Yin Yoga
La Crisalida Retreats is a health and wellbeing centre located in the quiet seaside town of Albir, north from Alicante on the Costa Blanca, Spain. We offer guests from all over the world a relaxing all-inclusive retreat experience in our quiet and welcoming retreat centre. La Crisalida Retreats offers a holistic approach to health and wellbeing through our programme of activities that include yoga, life makeover workshops, meditation, rebounding and more, combined with tasty nutritious plant-based food and juices.
In your life makeover retreats you can explore your mindset in our life makeover workshops, try EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique, also known as “tapping”) and learn meditation to relax and find deeper concentration. Give yourself a complete life makeover and try a plant-based diet (or juicing), packed with nutrition to feel great and bring about change from the inside out.
Life makeover workshops
The La Crisalida program of life makeover workshops are popular with many guests and are the core part of our life makeover and yoga retreats. They are designed to explore and enhance your sense of mental well-being. These workshops compliment the meditation at the retreat and although are light hearted and fun, they seek to capture the base cause of your experiences in life. A key fundamental is that to have outer harmony in life, there must be inner harmony and for there to be inner harmony there must exist mastery of the mind.
In these workshops you can explore very practical ways of developing inner harmony. You can also look at the role motivation plays in your life and role of your inner self, thoughts and feelings in creating your own very personal reality. You can start to explore the often overlooked aspects of experience that we desire - those relating to inner riches.
Workshops include topics like: “Finding the authentic you”, “Creating Balance in your life” and “First love yourself”. You might also want to try vision-boarding – using the power of attraction to create a vision of the life you want to live. We also offer a weekly EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) workshop.
If there is a significant gap between where you are and where you want to be in any area of your life whether its relationships, finances, career, health, or spirituality our coaching service can often help. The is a life coach available at most of our retreats. Please note, life coaching is an additional cost (not included in the cost of your retreat). Please contact La Crisalida if you would like more information or ask directly at the retreat when you arrive.
Yoga is a central part of the La Crisalida program, and we cater for all levels of ability - so if yoga is something you have never tried before, this is your opportunity to try out something new. Studies have proven yoga to be one of the best ways to reduce stress, lower blood pressure and relieve symptoms such as insomnia, depression and anxiety. Yoga also helps to improve overall fitness, strength, and flexibility.
Yoga classes at La Crisalida
Being a core part of La Crisalida Retreats offerings, yoga is catered for all levels of ability - the goal is for you to leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated from your time at the retreat. There is a 90 minute daily yoga classes and depending upon the day of the week, a second yoga class in the afternoon. There is one all-levels class each day (suitable for beginners and intermediates) and at least five intermediate classes during a 7-day the week. Classes are open to everyone however the intermediate classes are stronger and more challenging.
Most of the yoga classes are Hatha based, although we offer a range of different yoga styles, including Yin, Restorative, Kundalini and Hatha flow. There are four or five yoga teachers each week, so you can experience different styles and different teachers. The common theme underlying yoga at La Crisalida is to help you to get back in touch with the inner you, to find balance, strength, flexibility and inner peace.
Where possible, the yoga sessions are set outdoors on the roof terrace with views of the surrounding area, sea and mountains.
Library – mindset books and DVDs
There is a library at La Crisalida that contains a wide range of mindset books and DVDs that you can borrow during your time at the retreat.
Meditation and mindfulness
There are morning meditation sessions at the retreat, in which to practice meditation in a group setting. There are generally silent sessions and different techniques are offered during the week for you to experience and practice. There is also a weekly mindfulness workshop in which mindfulness is explored in more detail. Meditation practice involves developing your powers of concentration and is a way of developing mindfulness and self-discipline. There are many types of meditation to choose from, and at La Crisalida we prefer to work from those which are aimed at bringing you into the present moment and will relax the mind through detached observation techniques. Although meditation can be challenging, if you persevere you are likely to experience the type of benefits reported such as clearer, more decisive thinking and improved powers of concentration as well as enhancing your overall levels of wellbeing.
Daily guided walks
La Crisalidas location by the sea and close to a natural park and woodland makes the surrounding area a great one to explore, enjoy the scenery, sea and fresh air. La Crisalida encourages all guests to join with the daily guided walks, which gives you some of the very best views on the Costa Blanca. Various routes can be followed depending upon your desired level of activity. The walks are graded as easy, moderate and challenging.
La Crisalida Retreats activity programme
The retreat offers a full programme of activities every day that run every day of the week. The first class starts at 7.15am and finishes between 8.30pm or 9pm (depending upon the activity). There is an activity in each slot. You are welcome to choose to attend all the activities that you want to. There is plenty of time for personal exploration and journaling, so remember to bring your notebook.
Sample daily schedule
- 07.15: Morning meditation
- 08.00: 90 minute morning walk
- 09.30: Morning Juice or breakfast
- 10.30: 90 minute yoga class
- 12.15: 30 minute exercise class (It can be one of: rebounding, coreworks, legs tums and bums or aqua aerobics in the summery)
- 13.00: Lunch
- 13.30: Siesta/relaxation time
- 13.45: Welcome chat for new guests
- 15.00: 90 minute class (It can be one of: workshop, yoga, exercise class, cooking demo or juice demo)
- 16.30: Afternoon juice
- 17.00: 60 minute class (It can be one of: yoga, workshop, creativity or exercise class e.g. yogalates)
- 18.30: Dinner: evening juice or healthy meal
- 19.30: Evening activity (It can be one of: yoga nidra, guided visualisation, mindfulness workshop, life makeover workshop, or evening walk in the summer)
The activities on each day of the week vary, depending on the season, however there is something in each slot for you to choose to participate in. There morning yoga class is 90 minutes and can start at either 8am or 10.30am, depending upon the day. Five days out of 7 there is a second yoga class in the afternoon. There are a minimum of 3 life makeover workshops each week. This schedule is shown for indicative purposes, as classes can vary. You will be given a weekly programme of activities when you arrive at the retreat and a new schedule is available every Sunday.
What is included
- Arrival any day of the week
- A stay in a large ensuite apartment (shared or private) with substantial facilities
- Daily yoga classes
- All your retreat programme activities, starting at 7.15am and finishing at 9pm
- Three meals per day (or nutritious juices, your choice)
- Unlimited fresh fruit
- Unlimited filtered water and herbal teas
- Free transfers between Alicante airport
- Pool towel to relax on the sun loungers around the retreat or take to the beach
- Free Wi-Fi in your apartment and communal areas
- Satellite television in your apartment and DVD player
- Book swap, DVD library and informative books
- Use of the magnesium outdoor swimming pool, heated in the cooler months
- Use of the second outdoor swimming pool
What is not included
- Travel insurance
- Holistic treatments – massage, transformational or life coaching, facials etc. Payable locally.
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Table tennis
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Dining area
- Luggage room / storage
- Multilingual staff
- Smoke-free property
- Yoga deck
- Yoga studio
- Beauty salon
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ironing / ironing board
- Parking lot
- Wireless internet
- Outdoor shower
At La Crisalida, they offer spacious en-suite apartments, decorated in a light traditional Spanish style, with white-washed walls, throws and bright scatter cushions. There are different types of accommodation that you can choose from to fit your budget and personal choice.
Every apartment includes a seating area, with large sofas and armchairs), plus a television and a DVD player so you can choose to relax with one of our wide selection of DVDs. This is a small area with dining table and chairs, plus an ensuite bathroom. There are blackout curtains at the windows to help you get a good nights sleep. For convenience, all apartments also have a basic kitchen containing kettle and tea-making facilities and a fridge. We also supply a hair drier, safe, iron with ironing board, and clothes drier in every apartment.
The accommodation is situated in two buildings. Private apartments (single person), t win share and multishare apartments are located on the ground floor and situated around the inner courtyard magnesium pool area, with sunbathing facilities. They all have a small outside terrace area for your apartment. In the second two-storey building, next to the second outdoor pool and close to the yoga terrace, the five apartments are all two-bedrooms – here you can have your own private bedrooms in a two-bed shared apartment.
All apartments have free access to Wi-Fi internet. Rooms are cleaned daily with towels changed regularly or at request. All apartments and communal areas include central heating for the winter months and air-conditioning for the hot summer months. Fans are also provided.
You can choose from four types of accommodation:
If you like to have your own space, you can choose to have your own private charming Spanish style apartment. These apartments have their own en-suite bathroom, with outdoor terrace area. They are situated around the quiet inner courtyard pool area.
Private room in shared two-bed apartment
For those people who prefer to have your own private bedroom but are happy to share an apartment with one other person, you might like to choose this option. Each bedroom contains a double bed. The seating, dining and kitchen areas are shared and so too is the ensuite bathroom. These apartments are for two people. We also have two apartments that can sleep up to 4 people coming together as a group. Please ask La Crisalida for prices and availability.
Twin room in a twin share apartment
You could choose to share one of our charming twin-share apartments, with one other person. These apartments contain two single beds in one sleeping area, plus all the other facilities. If you are travelling on your own, you can book this accommodation type and La Crisalida will match you with someone of the same gender and, where possible, a similar age.
The multishare apartment is a great option is you are travelling on a budget. La Crisalida have a limited number of apartments available that can sleep 3 or 4 people. This is a large apartment, containing three or four single beds, in two sleeping areas. There is an ensuite bathroom, seating area, kitchen and outside terrace. These apartments can be reserved by people coming as a group. Individuals travelling on their own can also book this accommodation option, if you are happy to share with up to three others (same gender).
The retreat is set in lovely Spanish grounds, with mature plants, including bougainvillia, palm trees and jasmine. There are a wide range of facilities at the retreat including:
- Yoga roof terrace: Our roof terrace is used for yoga classes (depending upon weather conditions) so that you can enjoy practicing your yoga with the views of the mountains and sea. It is fully equipped with mats, blocks, blankets and straps. During the day, the terrace gives you magnificent sea and mountain views and is available for you to enjoy when not in use for retreat activities.
- Indoor activity studio: the activity studio is used for workshops, rebounding and other activities. Yoga classes are also held here, on occasions when the roof terrace is not available (due to weather, e.g. too cold / hot / windy). It is fully equipped for yoga classes with mats, bolsters, straps, blocks and blankets. (Please note, there is no weight lifting or similar gymnasium equipment at the retreat). This activity studio is fully heated during the winter months and air-conditioned during the summer months.
- Outdoor swimming pools: There are two outdoor swimming pools at La Crisalida. One is a magnesium pool that is heated in the cooler months, designed to support your relaxation. The second outdoor pool is located towards the south of the retreat grounds.
- Sun beds and parasols: A large number of sun beds are available around the retreat so you can choose where to relax. There is also an outdoor quiet seating area in which you can read, write or relax.
- Outside dining area: during the summer months evening meals are eaten outside at large family tables in the outdoor dining area. There are also lots of tables and chairs around the retreat where you can choose to eat.
- Inside dining area and communal area: breakfast and lunch is served here. You can choose to stay inside to eat around the large wooden tables or move outside to another dining area. This area also contains a sofa and TV / DVD area, hot and cold water, herbal teas and some games for you to play.
- Terrace areas: all of the apartments around the lower magnesium pool have a personal terrace area containing table and chairs with sunbeds.
- Internet access: free Wi-Fi in all apartments and communal areas.
- Table tennis: Enjoy a game of table tennis outside.
- Ambient music: Quiet ambient music is played in the reception and dining areas of the retreat.
- Satellite television: every apartment contains a TV with satellite stations, mainly in English and Spanish, but a few French and German speaking channels too.
- DVD player in each apartment to enjoy one of our light-hearted DVDs from the DVD library
- Book swap library – bring your book and if you finish it you can swap it for another one from the book swap library
- Educational books and DVDs to borrow during your stay at the retreat
- Car parking: If you wish to hire a car during your stay there is private parking available on the retreat grounds.
- Telephone: There is a telephone in your room.
- Heating: All apartments and communal areas have central heating.
- Air conditioning and fans: All apartments have air conditioning. Fans are also available.
- Other apartment facilities: including fridge, hairdryer, tea making facilities, iron with ironing board, and a clothes drier.
- La Crisalida offer unlimited filtered water and herbal teas. Fresh fruit is also available at all times.
The retreat is located in Albir, a small seaside town on the Costa Blanca coast, in the Alicante province of Valencia, Spain. The town itself is relatively quiet, with tree-lined streets and has an unhurried air; perfect for relaxation. We are located off the main road, up a quiet side street, within 15 minutes stroll to the beach. Shops and cafes are also close by in case you forget to bring something!
The coastline is stunning, with azure blue sea and a back drop of mountains. The beach, the Playa del Racó l´Albir has been awarded the prestigious EU Blue Flag classification, denoting its excellent facilities and cleanliness. It is a lovely place to relax and swim, all year around. There is a lovely promenade that you can walk on which stretches all the way up along to Altea (a beautiful old hill town which is well worth a visit). From the beach you can see Calpe rock, the Penon de Ifach. Surrounding Albir is the Sierra Helada, a protected nature reserve.
The walk through trees along to the lighthouse is beautiful and you are rewarded at the end with the opportunity to spot bottle nose dolphins. Although Albir is just north from Benidorm, the town cannot be more different, with very little nightlife apart from restaurants and cafes. The history of Albir goes back to the Roman times, when there was a settlement close to the sea front and you can visit one of the settlements during your stay.
We believe that the starting point for rejuvenation of the body and mind is through the foods that we consume. Therefore, we offer an abundance of fresh fruit, vegetables and whole foods at La Crisalida Retreats. We serve a plant-based diet, packed full with nutrition to give your whole system support and a well-deserved rest.
We use seasonal products and where possible products that are grown or sourced locally, so the menu is typically Mediterranean, with a twist! All dishes are prepared and cooked on the premises, with care and loving attention from our talented chefs. We use lots of herbs and spices to bring flavour and variety, plus serving a selection of dishes with a variety of textures, colours and flavours.
All the meals (or juices) are included in the cost of your retreat. We serve three meals every day. Breakfast and lunch are served buffet style, so you can select from a wide range of dishes, sampling each dish. For the evening meal we eat family style – bowls of food are placed in the centre of large tables and you can help yourself. There are always lots of different dishes to try!
We also offer you the opportunity to try juicing – this is included in the cost of your retreat. You can choose to juice for one meal, one day or one week, instead of eating. Each day you decide whether you want to eat or juice, you have the flexibility to make your retreat personal for you.
The foods that we do not serve include: sugar, bread, dairy products (including milk, yoghurts and cheese), eggs, salt, coffee and tea (except herbal and green teas), alcohol and sweets. These foods all place extra stress on our body systems, so by cutting them out for a few days or longer, the body has the opportunity to rebalance itself. We do serve vegan alternatives including rice milk or soya yoghurts. Most of our food is naturally gluten free, although occasionally we do serve couscous or a couple of other dishes containing gluten. Each meal is nutritionally balanced, so will include vegan sources of protein, and a carbohydrate option.
Typical foods served
- Breakfast: Juice or healthy breakfast (homemade granola, homemade muesli, fruit salad as standard). During the summer we offer a special dish of the day, for example Berry-smoothie bowl, or ginger pineapple! During the cooler winter months we offer porridge variations, in addition to the standard healthy breakfast.
- Lunch time: Bean burgers, courgette toppers, Buddha bowl, hummus, guacamole, falafel and lots of different salads and vegetable dishes, like beetroot and mint salad, olive tapenade on courgette “bread” or sweet potato “fries”. In the winter we serve freshly made vegetable soups and in the summer we offer an additional raw dish.
- Evening meal examples: Vegan paella, lentil sausages, vegan lasagna, Thai curry with coconut rice, tofu quiche, plus assorted salads and lots of vegetable side dishes. Twice a week we serve amazing vegan desserts and on Friday night you can enjoy an alcohol-free cocktail
Sometimes occasional treats are provided - of the healthy variety of course! In the afternoon we provide you with a fresh juice to freshen up before the 5pm class.
La Crisalida Retreats can cater for most dietary requests for allergies or intolerances, including gluten- or wheat-free, coeliacs and people with nut allergies. Please let them know at the time of booking if you have a special dietary request.
You are encouraged to drink at least 3-5 liters of water per day whilst at the retreat as this helps with elimination of toxins and helps to keep the body well hydrated. Filtered water is available for you around the retreat. There is also a wide range of herbal teas, including green tea and hot water so you can make yourself a hot drink whenever you chose. Fresh fruit is always available.
La Crisalida Retreats also offers you the option to juice, instead of eat, for one meal or every meal during your stay. You have the flexibility to decide for yourself for each meal, so you can make your retreat personal for you.
Drinking fresh fruit and vegetable juices is a popular part of the La Crisalida program. Juicing is a fantastic way of delivering maximum nutrition to the body. The juices are designed to give the digestive system a well-earned break - much of the energy intensive digestion work normally carried out by the body has already been done. This allows the body to divert energy towards any worn out or unhealthy cells which allow them to repair and rejuvenate with ease. With natural fresh juices, the very best nutrients are squeezed out of your favourite fruit and vegetables and put in liquid form into a glass. It often amazes guests how our juices can leave them feeling full for hours.
The juices are freshly prepared each meal time using fruit and vegetables sourced locally. There is a well-designed menu of juices for breakfast and lunch. There is a small afternoon juice also provided in between the activities for all guests. You can choose your own juice for dinner from our extensive menu, or, if you feel adventurous, choose your own ingredients! Juicing is a great way to cleanse the body of toxins, and this elimination process will work in harmony with your yoga practice at the retreat.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- Other dietary requirements on request
- Raw Food
- Whole Food
The following drinks are included:
- Detox Juices
Meet The Instructors
John is an author, speaker and transformational coach. He oversees the retreats, as well as often leading life makeover workshops, meditation, walking, and if you are lucky, rebounding! John worked in a high pressure career as an Actuary before making significant changes in lifestyle culminating in his move to Spain. At the retreats, he shares generously the best of what he has learned and put into practice. John inspires and challenges guests to take personal responsibility for their health and well-being.
Lisa is one of the founders of La Crisalida Retreats and one of the yoga teachers, taking a mindful therapeutic approach to yoga teaching. She is also a nutritionist and designs the food and juice menus at the retreat. Lisa originally trained as an Epidemiologist, studying health and disease. After studying NLP, she changed direction in 2011 to take a more holistic approach to health and wellbeing. With more than twenty years of experience, Lisa shares her knowledge and expertise with guests so they can be more self-aware of their health.
The activities at La Crisalida are run by a talented team of skilled professionals. They have varied backgrounds and training, which encompasses yoga (500 hours or 200 hours minimum), personal training, Pilates, exercise to music, meditation and mindfulness and much more. This wonderful team lead the activities and workshops. They will also welcome you to the retreat with a group welcome chat and are around if you have any questions. In addition to all the staff at La Crisalida, the programme team are here to support you on your health and wellbeing journey.
Location La Crisalida Retreats, Avenida de Sant Marc 9, 03581 Playa del Albir, Alicante, Spain
- ALC Alicante–Elche Airport: 52 km Transfer included
Arrival by airplane to Alicante airport
La Crisalida Retreats offer a free collection and drop-off transfer service from Alicante airport by shuttle bus. (Please note, minimum 3-night stay applies). Flights must arrive and depart between 9am and 8pm for the free transfer. Please note, we cannot accept arrivals after 10pm at the retreat. Simply inform La Crisalida Retreats about your flight details, they require 48-hours notice to arrange your transfers. If you would prefer a private transfer, please let La Crisalida know and they can arrange this at extra cost.
Driving from Alicante airport
If you want to explore the area before or after your retreat, you could hire a car. Let La Crisalida know if you would like driving directions to be sent to you. The distance is approximately 60 kilometers.
Arrival by train to Alicante
If you are taking a train into Alicante, La Crisalida Retreats can organise a free shuttle transfer from the train station to the retreat, for trains arriving between 8.30am and 7.30pm. It is using a shuttle service. This service is shared with other people (not retreat guests) and has several stops before arriving to the retreat, the drive can be between 60 to 180 minutes. Let La Crisalida know your arrival (and departure) train times, they require 48-hours notice to arrange your transfers
Arrival by bus
You can also take a bus to Benidorm and take a short taxi ride to the retreat.
Arrival by airplane to Valencia airport
Albir can also be reached from Valencia airport. The retreat does not offer transfers from Valencia so you will need to make your own way. There is a good bus service from Valencia to Benidorm, then it is a short 15 minute taxi ride to the retreat.
Airport: Alicante–Elche Airport Airport transfer included: Alicante–Elche AirportNo additional charges. You can request this in the next step.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 20% of the total price.
- The deposit is non- refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 45 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.