200-Hour Dynamic Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training India
Yoga is attributed to a sense of smoothness, without pushing your body or mind. This is the reason that one feels relaxed post a good yoga session. To recognize this art of flowing through your yoga practice, there is a whole yoga style altogether where one learns about a smooth transition. It is called Vinyasa yoga or simply Flow Yoga. Gyan Yoga Ashram offers a comprehensive 200-hour Vinyasa yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. With certified faculty, state of the art school and traditional ideals, they are the best yoga school in Rishikesh.
- Daily yoga and meditation sessions
- Experienced teachings with a rare knowledge of the Himalayan yogis
- Weekly excursions to some of the best-vibrated place in the Himalayan foothills
- Pure delicious organic vegetarian meals
- Qualified and passionate teachers
- 25 nights accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Chakra yoga
The Vinyasa yoga teacher training is widely appreciated amongst students coming from all parts to learn yoga in Rishikesh. Be it on the yoga mat, or generally during your life, the principles of Vinyasa yoga will let you develop farsightedness in action. It broadens the perspective and instills a rhythm in your body movements and breathing. During the 200-hour Vinyasa yoga teacher training in Rishikesh with Gyan Yoga Ashram, the students are taught a series of Vinyasa asanas and the corresponding breath control to infuse a flow in your yoga practice.
You will learn to create a dynamic sequence while practicing yoga. Teaching methodologies from yoga gurus will be passed down to you which will enable you to take your own yoga class. Your Vinyasa TTC will strengthen your intuitive power and shape you into a yoga teacher who can help his/her students to sail across the yogic journey.
Why Vinyasa Yoga TTC in Rishikesh?
A globally accepted location to learn and practice yoga is none other than the World Yoga Capital - Rishikesh. Ever since man knows about his own existence, the stories of hermits practicing yoga in Rishikesh have been circulating in India and now abroad.
Recognized as ‘Devbhoomi’ or God’s own land, Rishikesh is nestled on the Himalayan foothills and blessed with the presence of the Holy River Ganges flowing right through its heart. Reckoned a favorite amongst all yogis, artists and peace seekers, innumerable people come to take yoga teacher training in Rishikesh
The magic of Rishikesh is such that even the popular rock band ‘The Beatles’ couldn’t help but immerse themselves in the tranquility of this town during their transcendental meditation program. Ever since umpteen celebrities have been frequent visitors to this holy town.
It is only during your Yoga TTC in Rishikesh that you can learn from the esteemed yoga gurus and sages. People in Rishikesh do not consider yoga as another fitness program but as a way of life. That is why yoga in Rishikesh is different from anywhere in the world
Not just a hub for yogic learning, Rishikesh is a nature’s gift even for the wanderers. Its beauty is a treat for the eyes. Although yoga can be practiced anywhere, the experience of performing yoga in Rishikesh, on the banks of River Ganges is indeed therapeutic.
This leaves no reason as to why anyone who choose any other destination for their yoga teacher training certification other than Rishikesh.
200 Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training course overview:
During your 200-hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh at Gyan Yoga Ashram, you will be introduced to the concepts of Vinyasa yoga. Your course will comprise of daily classes for asanas, pranayama, yoga philosophy, meditation, Vinyasa flow, and other yoga subjects.
Your teacher training course on Vinyasa yoga in Rishikesh will not just be limited to Vinyasa asanas. You will also be taught chants/mantras, locating and activating marmar/energy points, and the principles of Ayurveda for you to become a holistic yoga teacher.
The asana classes will cover primary series of vinyasa flow asanas/postures. Here you will be first taught about the names of asanas and their Sanskrit meanings. After an understanding of the benefits of the asanas, you will proceed to practice their sequencing under the yoga teacher’s guidance.
Having taught the right tools and teaching methodologies, you will also be conducting your own demo class where you can strengthen your teaching practices. Your YTTC in Rishikesh will be marked successful by a graduation ceremony where you will be provided a certificate for the same.
Shatkarma (cleaning process)
- Introduction of shatkarma
- Jal neti and sutra neti
- Eye cleaning (trataka and eyes cups)
- Vaman dhauti
Vinyasa Flow (Postures)
- On your feet Yogasanas
- Seated Vinyasa sequences
- Seated posterior stretch sequences
- On one leg yogasanas
- The supine sequence
- The bow pose sequence
- The triangle pose sequence
- The inverted posture sequence
- Meditative pose sequence
- Viseha Vinyasa karma
Hatha yoga asanas and their adjustment
- Dynamic postures: Pawanmuktasana series, Marjala asana, Vyaghrasana, Surya Namaskar
- Standing postures: Tadasana, Utkatasana, Padhastasana, Trikonasana, ParivrttaTrikonasana, Parshwakonasana, Parivrttaparshwakonasana, Veerbhadrasana I, *Veerbhadrasana II, Veerbhadrasana III, Ardhchandrasana, Parsvottanasana, Prasaritapadottanasana
- Inverted postures: Sirsasana, Sarvangasana, Halasana, Pinchamayurasana, Adhomukhavrkshasana
- Twisting postures: Ardhmatsyendra asana, Parivrittijanusirshasana, Kati Chakrasana.
- Back bend postures: Bhujangasana, Shalabhasana, Dhanurasana, Matsyasana, Ushtrasana, Kandhrasana, Chakrasana, Gomukhasana, Setu Asana, Rajkapotasana
- Forward bend postures: Paschimotanasana, Janusirasana, ArdhpadamPaschimotanasana, PadprasarPaschimotanasana, AdhoMukhaSvanasana
- Balancing postures: Vrkshasana, BakDhayan Asana, Mayurasana, Natraj Asana, Garudasana, Relaxation Postures, Shashankasana, Makarasana. Savasana
- Introduction of pranayama
- Importance of pranayama
- Yogic breathing technics for increasing awareness
- Benefits of pranayama
- Different pranayama and general guidelines
- Nadi Sodhana pranayama
- Bhastrika pranayama
- Bhramari pranayama
- Surya Bhedi andChandra Bhedi pranayama
- Sheetali and Sheetkari
- Ujjayi pranayama
- Introduction of yogic mudra
- Jnana and chin mudra
- Yoni mudra
- Bhairava mudra
- Shambhavi mudra
- Nasikagra mudra
- Prana mudra
- Maha mudra
- Maha vedha mudra
- Different mudras for better health
- Mudra for concentration
- Common mudras for daily use
- Introduction of bandha
- Uddiyana bandha
- Jalandhar bandha
- Mula bandha
- Maha bandha
- Introduction to yoga
- Its philosophy and evolution
- Concept of Hatha yoga
- Different practices of Hatha yoga
- Introduction to yoga sutras of patanjali
- Importance of discipline in path of yoga
- Definition of yoga
- Vrittis (mental fluctuations) and their classification
- Consistent practice and non-attachment (Abhayasa and Vairagya)
- Obstacles and distractions on the path of yoga (concepts of citta-viksepa and antaraya)
- Ashtanga yoga
- Asana, pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyan, Samadhi
- Sattva, Rajas, and Tamas (Triguna)
- Introduction to chakras and its functions
- Lives of yogis (Inspiring stories)
- Introduction to meditation and concentration
- Breathing awareness meditation
- Tips for developing concentration
- Bahir and Antar trataka
- Dynamic meditation (osho meditation)
- Nada meditation (sound meditation)
- Antar Mouna (silence practice)
- Chakra meditation
- Third eye meditation
- Mantra meditation
- Yantra meditation
- 61 point meditation
- Yoga Nidra
- Inner visualization
- What is the mantra and benefits of chanting mantra?
- Shanti mantra (mantra of peace)
- Guru mantra (mantra for guru)
- Ganesh mantra (mantra for auspiciousness)
- Mahamritumjaya mantra (Mantra on Lord Shiva)
- Gayatri mantra (universal prayer)
- YogenaCittasya (Sloka on sage Patanjali)
- Hare rama, Hare Krishna (Maha mantra)
- Skeletal system
- Muscular system
- Muscle functions according to joint movements
- Respiratory system
- Endocrine system
- Circulatory system
- Nervous system
- Digestive system
- Chakras inversions
- Physiological benefits of asana
- Positive and conscious communication, friendship and trust
- Time management
- Qualities of teacher principles of demonstrating, observation, assisting, correcting
- Use of voice in class
- Mental and emotional preparation for teaching
- Class preparation
- Step by step class structure planning
Evaluation is based on
- Written test
- Asana practical test
What is included
- 1 relaxing full-body massage
- 25 nights twin shared accommodation
- Rooms with hot water, attached bath, and toilet
- Unlimited free high-speed wifi internet connection
- 3 times daily nutritious vegetarian meals and teas
- Course books and course manual
- Cleansing material like neti pot, rubber tube, and more
- 1 Himalayas trip
- Every weekend excursion
- Free taxi-pickup from (DED) Dehradun Airport
- Every Saturday Satsang (spiritual gathering)
- Usage of the in-house library
What is not included
- Private accommodation 250 USD extra
- Health Club
- Barbeque facilities
- Environmentally friendly
- Luggage room / storage
- Smoke-free property
- Special menu request
- Yoga shala
- Yoga studio
- ATM / banking
- Baby sitting
- Beauty salon
- Bicycle rental
- Car rental
- Cell phone rental
- Child care
- Convenience / grocery store
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hair salon
- Internet access
- Laptop rental
- Medical assistance
- Parking lot
- Tour assistance
- Wireless internet
You will be staying at Gyan Yoga Ashram. Gyan Yoga Ashram provides comfortable accommodation is provided close to nature. All the living rooms are vibrated, energized, and balanced before your arrival to give you maximum impact on your learning and rejuvenation.
Gyan Yoga Ashram has two categories of room. One is twin shared and another is a private room. Both room offer clean and comfortable accommodation to the guests. Bathrooms are attached with running hot and cold water. Comfortable beds with top quality linen are used to make the stay a memorable one.
- Himalayan temple and village tour
- Rishikesh temples and city sightseeing
- Ganga Aarti ceremony
This yoga teacher training program will take place in a serene and comfortable setting in the spiritual city of Rishikesh. Located on the banks of the Ganga River, the sacred river, and nestled in the Himalayas Valley.
Gyan Yoga Ashram welcomes you to their home in the heart of the city. Located far from the hustle and bustle of the big city, the training center is close to local amenities, local market, and the forest for walking.
Things to Do
The most amazing things to do in Rishikesh. These activities are not included in the package but can be arranged upon request.
- Attend Ganga Arti
- Bungee jumping
- Camping and bonfire
- Cliff jumping
- Experience the traditional Indian culture
- Ayurvedic massage and therapies
- Flying fox
- Mountain biking
- Parasailing and paragliding
- Rappelling and rock climbing
- River rafting - the most popular thing to do in Rishikesh
During this yoga training, you will be served daily three delicious and healthy vegetarian meals - breakfast, lunch, and dinners. Filtered water, herbal tea, and snacks are also available. The menu is creative and balanced with proteins so you feel full and satisfied.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
The following drinks are included:
One free full body Ayurvedic massage is included in your package.
Meet The Instructors
Yogi Yogesh Ji
Yogi Yogesh Ji has successfully completed his masters in yoga science and yoga therapy. Yogi Yogesh Ji is a gem in the faculty of our yoga school. Being a young teacher, he infuses high energy in his yoga anatomy, physiology, and yoga therapy classes. His dedication towards yoga is reflected in his teaching style. His classes are a combination of theory, discussion, and practical demonstration. He holds a high reputation amongst students, a lot of whom have come back to him time and again to learn more. Yogi Yogesh Ji adopts multiple techniques to bring all students at par with each other.
Yogi Rajesh Ji
Yogi Rajesh Ji is a proficient graduate in science yoga and has completed his masters in the same from Uttarakhand Sanskrit University, Haridwar. He is born and brought up in a traditional and spiritual environment of Rishikesh. From his childhood, he has been inspired by the wellness of yoga. This is the reason he chose Yoga teaching as his profession. His area of expertise is Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, Ashtanga, Kundalini, and pranayama. He also teaches alignment and adjustment and his classes for the same are highly appreciated by the students.
Sadhushri Ji is an extremely renowned yoga guru and yoga philosopher. He is well known and respected for his deep knowledge of yoga philosophy and history. His journey began at the Divine Life Society, Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh. An avid learner of his time, he has studied Patanjali Sutra, Upanishad, and Buddhist literature. Such exposure to multicultural literature has helped him form a very broad perspective. For years, he has helped numerous aspirants to walk the path of spirituality.
Location Gyan Yoga Ashram, Near Green Hills, Tapovan Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249192, India
- (DED) Jolly Grant Airport: 15 km Transfer included
- (DEL) Indira Gandhi International Airport: 209 km Transfer available for additional US$60 per person
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL). From there, you may book another flight to the nearest domestic airport near Rishikesh, which is the Dehradun Airport (DED).
Transfer from and to this airport is included. Gyan Yoga Ashram will pick you up from the airport. If you want to be picked up from Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), Gyan Yoga Ashram will arrange it at an additional price of 60 USD.
Arrival by bus
From Delhi, the city of Rishikesh is about 230 kilometers away and is well connected by buses. A bus journey may take about five to seven hours depending on the traffic and it costs you about 130 to 350 INR.
A bus with air conditioning will cost about 250 to 700 INR. In Rishikesh, there are several travel agencies scattered around Swarg Ashram and Lakshman Jhula that can book luxury buses to common destinations like Delhi, Jaipur, Pushkar, and Varanasi.
Arrival by train
A quiet branch line connects Rishikesh to Haridwar, but there are only about three trains daily. It is better to take the train to Haridwar and continue by bus from there which will take 45 minutes and costs 50 INR, or you can tell Gyan Yoga Ashram your train detail. They will arrange a free pick up for you from Haridwar Railway station.
Airport: Jolly Grant Airport Airport transfer included: Jolly Grant Airport No additional charges. You can request this in the next step.
Airport: Indira Gandhi International Airport Airport transfer available: Indira Gandhi International Airport (US$60 per person) Additional charges may apply. You can request this in the next step.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.