29 Days 200-Hour Yoga & Energy Medicine Teacher Training Course in Koh Phangan, Thailand
Thailand Yoga & Energy Medicine Teacher Training
Rise up, join Anja, Paula, and Selina and connect with your most authentic self on their transformative 200-hour yoga teacher training. Evolve through breath guided Vinyasa Yoga practices, self-development, and energy medicine programs in a spectacular setting. The venue in a tropical garden on Koh Phangan in Thailand guarantees an unforgettable experience!
- Empower yourself through transformative self-development tools
- Translate the ancient wisdom of Yoga into your modern-day world
- One course, two certificates: become a yoga teacher and a Reiki practitioner
- Learn to access the life force power within you through the filed of Energy Medicine
- Asana, Pranayama, and Meditation practice and learn to guide inspiring classes
- Learn how to follow your breath during breath guided Asana practices
- 28 nights accommodation
- Suitable for all levels
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Tantra Yoga
- Kriya Yoga
- Chakra yoga
- Yin Yoga
Students who complete their subsequent trainings are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®).
Anja, Paula, and Selina's paths woven together through their love for yoga, self-development and the magical world of energy. These practices evolved them and had a profound effect on their lives, touching them deeply. This is them, this is their spirit, this is The Spirit of Yoga.
The Spirit of Yoga's four-week program would allow you to explore and find out 'who you are, and what do you want to offer or share with the world?'. Authenticity and the space for transformation are at the core of their curriculum. The Spirit of Yoga does not intend to provide you with a teaching style, but rather help you discover your personal gifts and celebrate them with you. You will obtain a strong base and knowledge about asana, pranayama, and the human body. Nevertheless, yoga, for The Spirit of Yoga, goes way beyond the physical experience.
They will empower you to trust yourself to be authentic, know your strengths, and embrace your weaknesses. Their goal is to help you achieve a comfort level while teaching and standing in front of people. The Spirit of Yoga's program allows participants to start teaching from the first week onwards, as opposed to other programs that include the actual teaching during the last week. Through much more combined experience in training modules, they have created a program that goes above and beyond teaching yoga. Also, they integrate and offer a variety of transformational tools for an exemplary teaching style.
- Daily yoga, meditation, and pranayama practice
- Anatomy and physiology
- The art of teaching
- Philosophy and yogic lifestyle
- Teaching practicums
- Self-development modalities
In order to become an authentic yoga teacher who guides classes from a heart-based space, The Spirit of Yoga found that self-development is an essential part of this path. That is why it is so important for them to introduce you to various modalities that focus on connecting with your gifts and uniqueness such as:
- Energy work
- Compassionate communication
- Authentic relating
- Cacao ceremonies
- Movement meditations
- And many more
- Asana alignment
- Technique of Vinyasa and breath initiated movement
- Classical sun salutations and modified versions
- Chakra yoga and Yin yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Menstrual and prenatal yoga basics
- Mindfulness, classical yogic, and various meditations
- Kriya (purification techniques), mantra, bandha (energy locks), and mudra (gestures)
Anatomy and physiology
- Musculoskeletal anatomy and biomechanics
- Body proportions and its importance for asana
- Understanding muscular tension and bone compression
Subtle body anatomy
- Nadis (energy lines)
- Chakras (energy centers)
- Breath, digestion, nervous system, and hormones
Philosophy and yogic lifestyle
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and Bhagavad Gita
- History of yoga
- Eight limbs of yoga
- The Yamas and Niyamas and how to adapt them to a modern life
- Five Koshas (your five bodies)
- Tantric principles and Tantric yoga
- The three Gunas and Ayurveda
The art of teaching
- Intelligent asana sequencing and class layout
- Clear cueing
- Postural alignment and adjustment
- Find your unique voice as a yoga teacher
- Leading Vinyasa and Yin yoga classes
- The principles of demonstration, observation, assisting, and correcting
- The art of empowerment in teaching and adjusting
- How to plan, structure, and prepare a class, drawing stick figures, and creating themed classes
- Reiki level 1
- Therapeutic touch
- Kinesiology (muscle testing)
- Emotional freedom technique (EFT)
- Compassionate communication and authentic relating
- Innerdance (music-based process into expanded states of consciousness)
- Cacao ceremony and five elements dance (authentic expression through movement)
- Sharing circles (the art of holding space, authentic sharing, and empathic listening)
- Kirtan (singing circle)
- Voice liberation
- Community building excursions and events
- Teaching practice from week one in small and big groups
- Receiving constructive and extensive feedback from teachers
The schedule is from Monday to Saturday while Sundays are resting days.
- 07:00 - 07:30 Meditation and pranayama
- 07:30 - 09:00 Yoga practice
- 09:00 - 09:45 Breakfast
- 09:45 - 11:15 Lecture or or Self-Development
- 11:30 - 13:00 Asana Clinic or Lecture
- 13:00 - 15:30 Lunch break
- 15:30 - 16:45 Lecture or Teaching Practicum
- 17.00 - 18.30 Yoga Practice or active immersions
- 19:30 - 21:00 Evening events (once or twice a week)
What is included
- Daily yoga and meditation
- Reiki Certification
- 4 weeks of yoga teacher training in a magnificent venue overlooking the ocean
- Gift bag with a selection of yogic goodies!!!
- Daily delicious brunch buffet on all training days
- Course manual
- Mala Making Workshop, make and keep your own Mala( prayer beads for meditation and pranayama)
- Certificate of completion
- Self-development modalities from various backgrounds
- Teachers who put their heart and soul into the development and deliverance of this course
- Cacao ceremony, inner-dance, breathwork, and more
- Professional event photos
- 28 nights accommodation
- Free pick up and transfer from the pier to the training location
What is not included
- Airport and ferry transfers
- Travel insurance
- Meals apart from one delicious brunch buffet on all training days
- Check-in Time: 07:00
- Check-out Time: 12:00
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Yoga shala
- Wireless internet
Serenity Residence is a strikingly beautiful retreat center built in a Mediterranean style, surrounded by tropical gardens and a private little beach.
All rooms are self-catered and have their own bathroom with a hot shower, kitchen and a porch overlooking the ocean and the stunning sunsets.
You also get free access to Wi-Fi. The rooms are self-catered, basic cleaning is provided weekly.
Explore exotic beaches and landscapes during the classes, where the Spirit of Yoga teach at some of the islands beautiful waterfalls and beaches, enjoying all that nature and this amazing island has to share with them.
Take in a sunrise during the non-compulsory early morning meditations usually once a week.
Located in the Gulf of Thailand, Koh Phangan is commonly referred to by visitors and long-term inhabitants as 'magical' or 'Paradise Island'. It is not uncommon for travelers who intend to stay a week or two to extend their visit for months and even years at a time. The energy of the island is immense. Set on an ancient bed of crystals, Koh Phangan is known for its magnetism. Once you get here, it is difficult to leave and you will always wish to come back.
- Sri Thanu Village - 8 minutes
Things to Do
Most of the instructors are also Reiki healers and bodyworker, so you might get lucky to book treatments with them. You can also find simple massage treatments along the beach.
An amazing brunch buffet with mouthwatering vegetarian, vegan and raw options are included in the price. You can expect freshly baked bread, buckwheat pancakes, French crepes with homemade chocolate, tropical fruits, delicious Thai dishes and salads, and much more.
The owners of Serenity Residence where the yogis stay are a Thai-French couple who are amazing hosts and chefs.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Selina is an internationally-certified yoga teacher with over 800 hours of yoga training. She brings her combined knowledge of yoga, meditation, Reiki, massage, and dance into her unique style of teaching. Selina’s teaching style is calm yet energizing. She focuses on the awareness of breath in order to stay present and connect deeply with the practitioners' personal rhythm. She uses pranayama, meditation, and asana sequencing, all the while incorporating the importance of postural alignment to facilitate a holistic practice.
Paula is a registered nurse, yoga teacher, Reiki master, and intuitive energy practitioner. She has a holistic approach to life, which may stem from her magical Irish heritage. Disillusioned with her work as a nurse, finding time and time again that when it comes to conventional medicine, treating the symptoms precedes finding the cause. Paula spent the last 17 years of her life living on Koh Phangan island, teaching yoga and meditation, training students in Reiki, and giving individual intuitive energy sessions.
Location Serenity Residence, 57/2 Moo 8, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani, Thailand
- (URT) Surat Thani Airport: 117 km Transfer not provided
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Samui Airport (USM) or Surat Thani Airport (URT). The nearest airport is Samui Airport (USM). There are frequent flights from Bangkok, Phuket, and there are daily flights from Pattaya (U-Tapao), Singapore, to Koh Samui. Transportation to the ferry pier is easy to find at the airport. Ferries depart several times daily with the last one at around 5:30 p.m.
The next closest airport on the mainland is Surat Thani Airport (URT) where you may find low-cost operators (AirAsia and Thai Airways). From here, you would need a bus and boat ticket to arrive at Koh Phangan. This would take several hours.
Arrival by bus
The least expensive way to travel is to take one of the overnight buses. The bus leaves Khaosan Road at 6:00 p.m. and arrives at Surathani the following morning. From here, you can arrive at Koh Phangan's shores by boat. The bus and boat combo ticket may be arranged by travel agencies on Khaosan road and costs about 700 to 900 THB all the way to Koh Phangan.
Arrival by ferry / boat
From Koh Samui, there are at least three ferries a day from Koh Samui’s Big Buddha pier to Thongsala pier. Boats also leave from Nathon pier (Songserm Express) and Mae Nam pier (Lomprayah) to Thongsala three times daily.
Arrival by train
Taking an overnight train with a proper bed from Bangkok is yet another conducive way to get Koh Phangan. Trains arrive at Surathani early in the morning. From here, you would need a bus and boat ticket to arrive at Koh Phangan. This would take several hours. Train tickets from Surathani back to Bangkok should be reserved in advance, particularly during high season.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 30 days before arrival.