4 Day Relaxing Yoga Retreat with Workshops in Dharamshala
Dharamshala Yoga RetreatIndia
Allow your mind and body to absorb the peace and beauty of Himalaya mountains while relaxing to the sounds of nature. Practice yoga while seeing that beauty at Dharamshala, India. Just you and the breathtaking nature around you.
- Daily yoga sessions
- Daily guided meditation sessions
- 3 daily delicious healthy vegetarian meals
- 3 nights of private accommodation
- Plenty of relaxation time
- Evening events
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Yin Yoga
Join Mahi Yoga on this energizing yoga retreat in Dharamshala, India. You will enjoy a wide variety of yoga, pilates, and meditation classes suitable for all practitioner levels. The program is designed to support a holistic experience and promote a deeper connection with your body, mind, and spirit. Alongside the daily classes, they also offer occasional harmonizing workshops.
On Mahi Yoga retreats, they teach authentic yoga true to its origin with adaptations to each individual student. They believe that yoga is for everybody regardless of age, ability or background. They offer two yoga classes per day on this authentic yoga retreat. One in the morning and one in the evening.
One will be gentler and one will be more dynamic. Giving you a balance that will leave you feeling energized and centered. You can choose which classes you want to attend. Do as little or as much as you want to.
There will be various workshops happening throughout the retreat that will guide you deeper into the realms of all aspects of yoga. From anatomy, philosophy, pranayama or meditation. These workshops are aimed at giving you a little more experience and practical knowledge so that you can apply the principles to your own home yoga practice when you leave them.
Retreat participants are able to choose and attend two yoga workshops of their choice.
- Check in from 10:00
- 12:30 Vegetarian / vegan lunch
- 12:30 - 16:00 Free time (reading, relaxing, and have a siesta)
- 16:30 - 17:30 Mediation
- 18:00 - 19:00 Evening workshops (meditation, philosophy, nutrition, walks in nature, singing circle, and bhajans)
- 19:00 Vegetarian and vegan dinner
- 07:00 - 09:00 Meditation and breathing practice
- 09:30 Breakfast
- 12:00 - 13:30: Free time to discover the nature surroundings
- 13:30 Vegetarian lunch
- 13:30 - 16:00: Free time (reading, relaxing, and have a siesta)
- 16:00 - 17:30: Evening workshops (asana, pranayama, mudras, bandhas)
- 18:00 - 19:00: meditation, philosophy, nutrition, walks in nature, singing circle, and bhajans)
- 19:00 Vegetarian and vegan dinner
- 21:00 - 21:30 Silent sitting meditation
- 07:00 - 08:00 Meditation and breathing practice
- 08:00 - 09:30 Daily yoga practice
- 09:30 Breakfast
- 12:00 - 13:30 Free time to discover the nature surroundings
- 13:30 Vegetarian lunch
- 13:30 - 17:30 Free time (reading, relaxing, and have a siesta)
- 17:30 - 19:30 Evening workshops (asana, pranayama, mudras, bandhas, meditation, philosophy, nutrition, walks in nature, singing circle, and bhajans)
- 10:00 Check out
What is included
- Daily 3 Indian vegetarian food prepared fresh
- Herbal tea and filtered water
- 3 nights accommodation
- Experience of different styles of yoga- therapeutic yoga, Hatha, Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow yoga, Yin yoga, and Yoga Nidra
- Daily 2 yoga classes - 1 dynamic and 1 gentle
- Daily meditation, yoga Nidra, or breathing techniques
- Daily 2 special yoga workshops
- Plenty of relaxation time (do as much or as little as you choose)
- Bed linen
What is not included
- Visa expenditure
- Flight/bus/train traveling expenditure
- Pickup at Kangra Airport (at additional cost)
- Airport drop-off
- Personal expenditure
- Hiking guide
- Check-in Time: 10:00
- Check-out Time: 10:00
All rooms are within five minutes' walking distance from the main yoga shala. Rooms have a big double bed, attached bathroom with hot shower, and western toilet.
Dharamsala is a small town surrounded by the greatness of the Himalayas. This town is a perfect representation of a blending between art, spirituality, and nature. Those that enjoy the taste of adrenaline will love it there because you can experience rock climbing, paragliding, and many other such outdoor activities.
Those that seek ancient architecture will fall in love with the ancient forts and the Hindu temples constructed according to the great Tibetan architecture. Those that enjoy nature above all else will certainly become mesmerized with the natural lakes, the waterfalls, the hot water springs, and the overall beauty of the Himalayas.
And last, but not the least, those that seek spirituality will love the monasteries and the temples and the fact that they can be blessed by his Holiness, the Dalai Lama, is certainly something to consider.
Things to Do
Further up the venue is the backdrop of the Himalayan mountains which can be explored on foot or by car. Wander freely around the Hamlets and villages of Bhagsu, Dharamkot and McLeod Ganj, these short walks give you a taste of the areas diverse cultures and sights but remain accessible and easy to navigate. There are even a few forests walks along old roads which can be easily accessed for a peaceful and energizing break.
If you have plenty of energy you may want to explore the mountain trails and visit the snow-capped peaks or green forest temples. Some short few hour hikes can be done in the area without a guide whereas for the seasoned hiker there are trails that can be taken over the course of a few days with an organized tour. Mahi Yoga can help you arrange this if you wish.
The Tibetan area, McLeod Ganj is just a short 20-minute walk away. Here you can wander the streets and feel as if you have been transported to Tibet itself. There are temples, prayer wheels and Monks wandering through the streets. All interspersed with cafes serving chai and Indian or Tibetan delicacies. There are book shops, curiosity bizarre and handicraft markets to satisfy every taste.
Other activities to do in the area also include:
- Excursion to monasteries
- Consider taking classes such as massage or singing bowl courses
- Enjoy natural lakes, waterfalls, hot water springs, and the overall beauty of the Himalayas
You will have three yogic meals daily. The food is Indian vegetarian and the menu is carefully designed to provide all the nutrition a yogi needs. Mahi Yoga will try their best to accommodate your needs. Vegan or other special dietary requirements can be catered for if you inform them before arrival.
Food is fresh and prepared by our chefs. The breakfast is buffet style with oats, fresh fruit, yogurt or Indian Parantha and pickle. At lunch, Mahi Yoga offers a fresh salad with rice or chapati and Indian vegetable main dish. The evening meal is a salad, rice or chapati, and the main course. They also provide water, tea, and snacks.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Other dietary requirements on request
The following drinks are included:
There are other centers around the area where you may find spa treatments at an extra cost.
Meet The Instructors
Yoga Guru Mahi
When Mahi was 11, his family members, being all yogis, taught him yoga. The whole family belonged to the yoga meditation and pranayama, therefore focusing on the spiritual development of a human. For example, Mahi's father was a disciple of Sri Ramana Maharishi's student. However, not only family members influenced Mahi on his way! He spent a lot of time learning Hatha yoga, Bhakti yoga, meditation, and Karma yoga with monks and swamis.
Amy’s love for yoga developed because of her mother's influence when she enrolled her on a yoga course in her teen years. This special seed of yoga grew to fruition as her practice grew, and she found a sense of inner peace and self-confidence that she felt compelled to share. Her classes combine the meditative qualities of movement with introspective moments that allow students to access their own inner guide and find the yoga healing aspect.
Location Mahi Yoga Center v.p.o Bhagsu teh Dharamsala, Dist Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, 176219, India
- (DEL) Indira Gandhi International Airport: 415 km Transfer not provided
- (DHM) Gaggal Airport: 11 km Transfer available for additional € 17 per person
Arrival by airplane
Please book a flight to Gaggal Airport (DHM). Transfer from the airport is included. Please note that airport drop-off is not included in the price.
You can also arrive in Delhi where you can either take an overnight bus to Dharamshala or a flight to Kangra which takes less than 2 hours.
It is recommended you to take an International flight from your country to Delhi, India and then a domestic flight from Delhi to Kangra Airport (DHM).
Airport: Gaggal Airport Airport transfer available: Gaggal Airport (€ 17 per person) Additional charges may apply. You can request this in the next step.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 14% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.