5 Days Trekking, Meditation, and Yoga Retreat in Manali, India
Yoga and Trekking to Bhrigu Lake in Himalayas
When you’re on top of the world, it is easy to touch the sky. Breathe in the pure air and see the mountains that give Manali the nickname “The Valley of Gods! You’ll stay in a family house or hotel in the small village of Vashisht. In this holiday, you will practice yoga to join your body, mind, and soul together and hike to some beautiful and interesting places in the surrounding area. Experience trekking to this holy natural wonder!
- Daily yoga practices
- Daily meditation sessions
- Hiking and snow walking to Bhrigu Lake
- Professional guide during the trekking
- 1-night homestay and 3-nights tent accommodation
- Daily delicious vegetarian meals
- Transfers from and to Manali
- Camping equipment
- Hatha Yoga
Detailed day-to-day itinerary
- Arrival Manali or Vashisht.
- On your arrival Vashisht, check-in to homestay
- Short walk to Jogini waterfall
- Back to Vashisht
- Yoga session at 4 p.m.
- Dinner and a one-night stay at the Family house, a simple accommodation
Vashisht or Manali to Moridugh Basecamp, 3-hour trek and 2800 meters
From your hotel or guest house at Manali, or from the bus station Manali a jeep or taxi will bring you to the neighboring village of Kulang. This is where you will begin your journey. It will take approximately 4-hours to reach the camp. Upon your arrival, you will be welcomed with a hot and freshly cooked lunch. In the evening there will be a yoga asana and meditation session. Night in a tent.
Trek to Bhrigu lake and meditation, 8-hour and 4200 meters
After an early breakfast and collecting your pack lunch for the day, you will begin your ascent to Bhrigu Lake. For the first two hours, you will trek through the dense silver oak forest. Reaching an altitude of 10,000 feet, where the forest starts to recede and vast meadows begin. Even in April, May, and June, these meadows are covered in snow!
Snow trekking in the middle of summer. The trek provides a panoramic view of the Manali Valley. After reaching Bhrigu and spending some time there, we will have a brief meditation session. In the afternoon, you will begin your descent back to base camp, followed by evening meditation. Discussion on yoga and pranayama. Overnight in a tent.
Yoga and a short walk to the waterfall
Yoga in the morning. After a late breakfast, take a short walk to enjoy the waterfall. One can take bath in the waterfall. Back at the campsite, followed by evening meditation. Overnight in a tent.
- Moridugh to Vashisht (4-hour trek)
- 07:30 a.m. Yoga asana and pranayama
- Brunch will be served at 10 a.m.
- After breakfast, a free 30-minute meditation session in the forest will be offered to anyone interested
After that, you will begin your descent to Vashsiht from basecamp. Vashishat is one of the prominent tourist spots of Manali and is famous for its hot sulfur water springs. You can take a hot sulfur water bath in the public baths, trek end.
What is included
- Daily yoga and meditation practices
- Hiking and snow walking to Bhrigu Lake
- High altitude trekking guide
- Kitchen staff with kitchen tent and all other necessary items of kitchen
- Vegetarian meals (except breakfast on arrival day and dinner on departure day)
- Camping equipment
- Roundtrip taxi transfers from and to hotel, guest house, and bus station in Manali
- 4 nights' accommodation
What is not included
- Any expense arising out of unforeseen circumstance such as bus delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Medical evacuation
- Insurance cover
You will be accommodated at Silver Oak Camp in a twin / triple sharing basis. Sleeping bags, foam trekking mattresses, dining tent (if the group has more than four persons), and toilet tent are included. Silver Oak Camp is a trekking camp located in 2,800 meters in the middle of the forest. It takes three hours to reach the campsite by trek.
You will trek to Bhrigu Lake on the Himalaya, India. At an altitude of 14,300 feet above sea level (half the elevation of Mount Everest) and south of Rhotang Pass, sits the holy Bhrigu Lake. Most mountain lakes are situated between river or glacial beds at lower elevations in the valley but Bhrigu is unique in the fact that it sits atop a mountain ridge.
We serve vegetarian meals to our guests. If you have special dietary requirements, We request you mention your requirements when making a reservation
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Chhape Ram and Yogi Ganesh
Born and raised in Vashist, Chhape knows the locals and the environment like the back of his hand. He built up wide expertise as a guide, covering the whole country of India. During this time, he adopted his ability to create a perfect trip based on the personal preferences of the travelers he accompanied. His sense of humor is widely acknowledged and he loves to make use of his organizational skills. He has also been practicing yoga since 2007. He is a Hatha yoga teacher, teaches pranayama (breathing techniques), gentle yoga asana, and is a practicing Thai yoga massage.
Yogi Ganesh Learning yoga from his father and Other yoga teachers from Different Places and Gurus at Vashisht and Rishikesh. He is an expert in meditation techniques, the art of Pranayama, He is Good Mountain trekking guide also. He has done so many High altitude treks Manali and Ladakh. He teaches yoga in the different Himalayas and High mountain places. He is teaching Yoga in camping and trekking also in different places
Location Silver Oak Camp, Himalayan Mountain Sojourns, Vashisht, Manali
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Kullu–Manali Airport (KUU). Transfer from and to the airport is available at an additional cost. For more information, you may send an inquiry to Open Lotus Yoga.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 15% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.