15 Days Panchakarma Yoga and Meditation Retreat in Rishikesh, India
15 Days Panchakarma Yoga and Meditation Retreat in Rishikesh, India
Starts every day (except weekend) all year around!
If you wish deep purification of your physical body and balance for your energy body, then this panchakarma retreat is ideal for you. Ancient Ayurvedic methods of fasting, body cleansing, and special practice will help to rejuvenate yourself, relief stress, and help remove chronic diseases.
- Daily Ayurvedic treatment
- Individual panchakarma plan
- Yoga and meditation classes
- Ayurvedic doctor consultation with diagnostic
- 2 excursions in Himalaya
- 3 daily Ayurvedic meals
- Hatha Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
Panchakarma Retreat Program is a deep ayurvedic purification of the body for balance and harmony. This is a process used to clean the body of toxic materials left by disease and poor nutrition. Panchakarma means (five actions) is a cleansing and rejuvenating program for the body, mind and consciousness. It’s known as a deep purification process for health and wellness!
• Elimination of toxins and wastes.
• Helps restore metabolic fire.
• Purification of body & mind.
• Improvement of immune system and resistance to illness.
• Anti-aging effect.
• Enhance your strength and mental health.
The aim of Panchakarma - bring all 3 Doshas in harmony.
Panchakarma consists of:
- Poorvakarma (preparation) - Vedansha uses special ayurvedic herbs, massages, steam treatment, diet to make your body free from toxins.
- Panchakarma itself - daily purification techniques in combination with ayurvedic diet and meditation
- Paschatkarma (after treatment) - special diet and lifestyle program
- Panchakarma retreat program
- Panchakarma starts with consultation of a high qualified ayurvedic physician (BMS). The doctor will determine body constitution, disease structure, health state, pulse, tongue, eyes, hands diagnostic and suitable method of detox therapy. Every day you will get particular ayurvedic treatment.
- Generally Panchakarma consists of 3 parts. Every client according to health conditions & present disease may get different types of treatment.
- Poorvakarma - preparation (amount of days depends on your package):
- Special mixed of cleansing herbs
- Special detox beverages.
- Daily ayurvedic full body massage with sweshana (steam bath)
- Panchakarma itself (amount of days depends on your package)
- Vamana (medicated and controlled emesis with ayurvedic decoctions)
- Virechana (medicated and controlled purgation)
- Basti (medicated herbal enema)
- Shirodhara ( oil head treatment)
- Udvartana, Potali, Pizhil - specilal ayurvedic whole body massage (different from preparation period)
- Kati & Manya Basti, Shirobasti, Akshi Tarpanam, karna purna - special local therapy with warm oil (if indicated)
- Nasya - oleation of nasal cavity for respiratory tract treatment
- Special ayurvedic menu & beverages
- Paschatkarma - rejuvenation & after panchakarma treatment (amount of days depends on your package):
- Special ayurvedic herbs
- Medicated juices.
- Special extended ayurvedic menu.
Following needs to be avoided during Panchakarma:
- Exposure to high/low temperatures, both internally and externally
- Rest when tired
- Suppression of natural urges such as sneezing, coughing, micturition, bowel movements etc.
- Go sleep late night
- Indigestible food
Timetable of Panchakarma retreat program:
- 06:30 - 07:00 Shatkriya and herbal tea (yogic cleansing with Jala neti (special techniques of nose cleansing)
- 07:00 - 08:00 Pranayama (breathing exercises)
- 08:00 - 09:30 Asana Hatha Yoga
- 09:30 - 10:30 Breakfast: special ayurvedic menu
- 10:30 - 11:30 Therapy time
- 11:30 - 12:30 Therapy tme
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00 Yoga Philosophy
- 15:00 - 17:00 Sleep/therapy time
- 17:30 - 18:30 Yoga Nidra/ guided Meditation: guided relaxation practice, meditation and concentration
- 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner
- 19:30 - 22:00 Free time
- 22:00 - 06:00 Sleep
- Human Life: Meaning & Aim of Life
- Yoga - Introduction / it‘s origin & development
- Introduction of Patanjali’s Yoga-Sutra
- Panch-Klesha (Five Causes Of Pain & Miseries) / causes of success and failure in Yoga
- Yama, Niyama (social and personal rules and regulations) Asana (physical posture), Pranayama (breathing techniques), Pratyahara (withdrawal of the mind from the senses), Dharna (concentration), Dhayan (meditation), Samadhi (self-realization).
- 9 disturbances of Mind, the cause of pain, possibilities of control the mind
- Yoga and purification techniques.*Concept of yogic, ayurvedic and vegetarian nutrition
- Concept of 3 Dosha (vata, pitta, kapha), how to balance dosha
- Explanation of taste, how to correct your nutrition plan according to the season and daily regime
- Digestive fire and their role incorrect nutrition
- Purvakarma and their role in detox therapy
- Panchakarma (how, for whom, when?)
- Standard Meditation Practice, meditative practice for purification of the body
- Mantras, Hindu Gods, mantras related with them, mantra for pooja
Asana (beginner, intermediate and advanced level):
- Natural relaxation asana
- Natural standing asana with external rotations
- Forward bending asana
- Backward extensions
- Spinal twisting asana
- Inverted asana
- Balancing asana
- Meditation asana
- Thunder-Bolt (vajrasana) group asana
- Lotus (Padmasana) group asana
- You have to have interest to learn Vedic science, personal work on body and mind and not only to spend vacation as on all inclusive resort. Vedansha are spiritual Ashram and do not allow following activity: eating non-vegetarian meal, smoking, drinking alcohol, abuse their staff, show any type of sexual misconduct, manipulating, annoying other clients, damage the vedansha property, study material, interrupt teaching process.
- Individuals with disabilities or ailments, people who have any disease or unfit before the course are advised to refrain from applying. If you join course, and feel worse after this, Vedansha will help you to arrange all required medical help, but they will not allow you to continue the course and your payment will be not refunded.
- Minimum age at the time of admission is 18 years. Applicants aged over 60 years could apply after consultation with Vedansha via email.
- Pregnant women need a medical authorization permitting them to practice yoga from their own country with translation in English
- Any candidate found unfit after the commencement of the course will not be permitted to continue the training and a refund of fees and other charges will not be admissible
- This teacher training course requires educational abilities and the desire to study the program according to the standards of Yoga Alliance USA. Students are reminded to remain aware and respectful of cultural differences among the participants and teachers. Any disruptions to the teaching process or behavior deemed harmful to other students, teachers, or the institute's property is in violation of the rules and policies of Vedansha Institute. Violation of the school's policies may result in dismissal from the program without any refund of the course fees.
- The teachers are not fitness instructors, most of them are spiritual yoga masters who have a completely different way of life and devotion to their practice. Some of them are monks, pandits in temples or swamis. They request you to please be polite and respect their work. If you find something that not suitable for you or for your faith or mentality, please do not put the blame on them. Let them know at the front desk, online or just discuss with Founder Dr Pandey Ji directly if you want any changes and what you find not suitable for you. In 99% misunderstanding will be solved in a good way.
- The course language is English. Any other mentioned language is used for online communication and in some cases can be used in communication during the course on the place. If you wish to get a translator for any other language kindly request to ask about availability before booking. If a booking is done without the request of translation Vedansha have right to cancel the booking and refund the deposit. If translation will be requested on place Vedansha has right to dismiss the client from the course and do not refund the deposit. If a client request to arrange another school with appropriate language ability it can be done upon request if the school with this language is available in Rishikesh for extra costs.
- The booking should be performed by the person who is going to participate in the course. If a booking is done by the third person (relatives, friends, parents etc) the direct participant should send Vedansha an email or scanned copy of confirmation that he/she acknowledge the program, rules and regulations of the organizer.Any candidate who decided to change the program after arriving have to apply for it in written form. If you decide to cancel the course after arriving, Vedansha will have to charge amount that covered our costs of 30% of the course days as Vedansha reserve teacher, accommodation, meal prior to your arriving.
What is included
- Ayurvedic doctor consultation with pulse, tongue, eyes, hands diagnostic
- Individual panchakarma plan in written form
- Individual lifestyle and meal recommendations
- Daily Ayurvedic treatment
- Daily evaluation and follow up
- 2 excursions in Himalaya
- 3 daily meals (special Ayurvedic menu)
- Special detox beverages
- Daily treatment package
- Yoga and meditation classes
- 1 t-shirt with the school symbol
- 14 nights accommodation
- Cleansing kit
- Mala string of beads energized by Yogachariya Dr. S.K.Pandey-Ji
- Accompanying and support during the time staying in the institute, help provided 24 hours
What is not included
- Extra days of staying
- Additional activities
- Airport transfer
- Other spa treatments
- Extra yoga classes
- Detailed aura check-up with written report about aura statement, disturbances in aura if they are present, supporting methods, and treatment advises of naturopathic specialist (individual plan of asana postures, pranayama, herbs, meditative practice)
- Full astrological consultation with a detailed explanation of planet position, disturbances, methods of correction, suggestions in career, family life, marriage, prevention of diseases
Things to Do
During your free time, you can book a detailed aura check-up with a written report about the aura statement, disturbances in aura if they are present, supporting methods, and treatment advice of a naturopathic specialist.
You can receive an individual plan of asana postures, pranayama, herbs, and meditative practice. Additionally, you can receive a detailed horoscope assessment with methods of correction according to Vedic medical astrology.
During this retreat, you will enjoy a daily vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner plus drinks. Every meal will consist of a special nutritious Ayurvedic and yogic menu developed according to the season. For the morning, you will enjoy a detox hot tea with special Himalayan herbs to make you stronger and improve your digestion. Other drinks will include herbal tea, black tea, masala tea, water, milk, and juice.
Please be aware that the meal & beverages that are included during the course program and package are special yogic & ayurvedic. If you wish to try other meals from the Indian or Italian Menu in our Vedansha restaurant, extra costs will be charged.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
Daily panchakarma treatments are included in the price.
Meet The Instructors
Sanjeev, Avdhesh, Dr. Usha, Shiva ji and others
Yogachariya Dr. Sanjeev Pandey Ji is the founder of the Vedansha. He has a PhD in yoga therapy and naturopathy, and he is a Himalayan yogi from the seventh generation. 1990 -1995 University of Lucknow with the diploma of bachelor of science (ZBC) in biology. 2008 - 2011 Master degree in yogic science and human consciousness and become a Yogachariya. Since 1999, he began his teaching career in yoga in Rishikesh. Since 2016, PhD in yoga therapy and naturopathy. E-RYT 500 and member of IAYT (International Alliance of yoga therapy).
Avdhesh is an asana teacher for Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga. He was born in Rishikesh, the capital of yoga. His yogic practice started from 2011 after he met various yoga masters who inspired him and encouraged him to come to yoga path.
Having studied Ayurveda and herbal medicine at Kanpur in the Kanpur University in 1966, Dr. Usha completed her internationally recognized bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery in 1997. Her competence is evident in her extensive and varied experience during the past 20 years, has shared her expertise as a lecturer of Kaya Chikitsa at Himalaya Ayurvedic College (Bareilly, U.P.), as a trainee physician in Arya Vaidya Sala (Kottakkal, Kerala), and Panchkarma specialist.
Pandit Shiva Ji or Jyotish Acharya is a famous traditional Vedic astrologer in Rishikesh. He is well qualified in astrology and Vedic science, he completed his Jyotish Acharya (master degree in astrological science) and Ved Acharya (master degree in Vedic science and Vastu Shastra) from Sampoorna Nanda Sanskrit University, Kashi (Varanasi), India. He worked with great Himalayan Astro Masters and he lives and teaches in Rishikesh, sharing his knowledge of Vedanta, astrology, and Vedic karma kand.
He is a master of yoga in traditional Hatha, Ashtanga, pranayama, and meditation styles. He lived in different ashrams during his childhood in north India and learned yoga from Himalayan masters. After he completes his master degree (Yogacharya) in Sanskrit University of Uttarakhand, he started to share his knowledge with his students. In free time Sandeep used to go to a spiritual place in Kedarnath and Badrinath to balance his energy and develop more in his practice. He is very polite and passionate teacher. He can teach either beginners or advanced students as well.
Hemlata Bahaguna (Yoga anatomy, and physiology teacher, physiotherapist). She was born in New Tehri, located in the Indian state of Uttrakhand. After school Hemlata entered in combined (P.G.) Institute of Medical Science and Research (CIMSR), Dehradun where she is graduated in Bachelor of Physiotherapy, during graduation she started working in the field of ‘Effect of physiotherapy on Rib-Fracture & Spinal-Cord Injuries. She is an expert in the field of yoga anatomy & physiotherapy. Hemlata Bahaguna was working in 2009-2010 CMI Hospital, Dehradun (Physiotherapy department & faculty of anatomy).
was born in Holy place and origin of Yoga – Rishikesh . He is practicing yoga since 2008. He is certified yoga teacher with Diplom from Sanskrit University of Haridwar. In 2013 he completed certification of 200 Hours of yoga alliance USA. He practicing Hatha, Karma, Bhakti, Mantra, Gyan, YIN yoga . These experience changed his life. Being a young boy he was learning yoga in Ashram from traditional yoga masters and implemented that knowledge in his teaching as well. Sonu follows yogic life style and 8 limbs of Ashtanga yoga. He is teaching beginners, intermediate & advanced classes.
Lakhiram is one of the best and talanted meditation teacher in Rishikesh. He was born in Himalayan Village and was dedicated for yoga. He completed his education in Himalayan Yoga Institute in Haridwar and choose meditation as main subject. Since 7 years he is teaching in different schools in Rishikesh meditation, mantra, kirtan.
Vedansh Pandey (yoga teacher) is a son of fonder and yogi in 8-th genertion. He is dedicated to continue the vedic tradition of Pandey Ji’s family and be a yogi. He is practicing yoga since childhood, knows very well all types of fire ceremonies, kriyas, shatkarmas. He is RYT 200. He is follower of Bharadwaj Gotra line, keeps bramacharya and doing self practice daily. He masters asana, pranayama, meditation techniques under father’s control and integrate them in his teaching. He is permanent student of spiritual Anandam Gurkul and learns there from himalayan masters secrets of hatha yoga.
Jyoti is a professional female massage therapist. She completed her education in ayurveda therapy and massage in 1995 and performs massage to our female clients as well as shirodhara and other detox procedures as panchakarma.
Dr Shri Jeet
Ayurveda doctor and teacher Dr Sri Jit is practicing ayurveda and responsible for theoretical as well as practical classes in ayurveda therapy, cooking, massage.
Experienced spiritual master, yoga instructor. He born in Hariyana state in India.
Location Moksha Ashram, Badrinath Road 140, Tapovan, Rishikesh 249192, India
Arrival by airplane
From New Delhi airport / Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), take a flight to Jolly Grant Airport (Dehradun Airport) (DED) at Dehradun that located fifteen kilometers from Rishikesh. You can take a taxi from the airport. You can hire a taxi from New Delhi airport / Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) or take Vedansha Institute of Vedic Science and Alternative Medicine's package at an additional cost which covers the cost from the airport to Rishikesh by taxi and back to the airport after completion of the course. Rishikesh is six hours drive from Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL).
Arrival by train
Take a train to Haridwar from New Delhi Railway Station. From Haridwar, there are many transport facilities available to reach Rishikesh.
* Airport: Jolly Grant Airport Airport transfer available: Jolly Grant Airport (US$25 per person)
* Airport: Indira Gandhi International Airport Airport transfer available: Indira Gandhi International Airport (US$70 per person)
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 35% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 5 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.