8-Day 50-Hour, Module 1, Non-Certified Yoga Teacher Training in Ubud, Bali
8-Day 50-Hour, Module 1, Non-Certified Yoga Teacher Training in Ubud, Bali
Transformative Yoga Teacher Training in Indonesia
* All lessons start Monday and end the following Saturday
The Swadhyaya Yoga School (SYS) 50-Hour Residential non-certified Yoga Teacher Training Course offers a foundation for yoga aspirants, as well as an introduction to yoga.
The duration of this course is ideal for those practitioners who are unable to be away from home for too long a period at one time, yet who would like to obtain credits towards SYS’s 200-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher Training program.
The RYT USA 200-hour course is divided into three modules, each lasting one week in duration. Students have the option to join an ongoing 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training certificate program in module 2 & 3 after completing module 1.
This intense, immersive 50-Hour residential and non-residential Yoga Teacher Training Course is designed for the beginner or intermediate level yoga aspirant and runs parallel to the 200-Hour RYT training course.
We will explore Hatha Yoga postures, as well as introduce Sanskrit terms for each asana.
Students are also exposed to a foundational understanding of the human organism according to Western science and Ayurveda, to create a bridge between Indian and Western ideologies and help students begin forming their own conclusions.
Prerequisite: Students are encouraged to complete Module 1 before enrolling in Module 2 and Module 3 training dates as it establishes the foundation upon which the remainder of the training are built.
Final assessments and examination take place during Module 3 of the 50-Hour training. Students will receive an SYS yoga teacher training certificate upon completion of all 3 modules, and be eligible to apply with the Yoga Alliance, USA, RYT 200 designation. From there, you can choose to teach worldwide or continue your personal growth and self-study.
Training hours for individual modules of SYS’s programs are not transferable to other yoga schools.
• Yoga classes
• Course fee and materials
• 50-hour certificate of completion
• Daily vegan/vegetarian meals
• 7 nights accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
Swadhyaya Yoga School’s teacher training schedule is designed in a balanced way that keeps the student in contemplation of the subject throughout the day, allowing students personal and study time. The schedule is the optimal integration of theory and practice of yoga. It also empowers the student to stay energized for all classes.
The tentative daily schedule is as follows, and is subject to change:
MONDAY - SATURDAY
• 06:00 AM - Wake Up
• 06:30 AM - 06:45 AM Herbal Tea
• 06:45 AM - 07:00 AM Kriya (Nasal Cleansing)
• 07:00 AM - 09:00 AM Mantra Chanting, Pranayama and Asana
• 09:00 AM - 09:30 AM BREAKFAST
• 09:30 AM - 10:30 AM Human Anatomy, Physiology & Yoga
• 10:30 AM - 10:45 AM BREAK
• 10:45 AM - 11:45 AM Yoga Philosophy
• 11:45 AM - 12:15 PM LUNCH
• 12:15 PM - 01:15 PM Library Time / Self Study
• 01:15 PM - 02:15 PM Adjustments
• 02:15 PM - 02:30 PM BREAK
• 02:30 PM - 03:30 PM Methodology / Movie / Lifestyle
• 03:30 PM - 03:45 PM BREAK
• 03:45 PM - 05:45 PM Traditional Yoga Asana Sequence
• 05:45 PM - 06:45 PM Meditation / Yoga Nidra
• 06:45 PM - 07:00 PM BREAK
• 07:00 PM - 08:00 PM DINNER
• 08:00 PM - 09:00 PM Self-Study
• 10:45 PM - LIGHTS OUT
*All classes are mandatory.
What is included
• 8 days, 7 nights’ accommodation
• Traditional Hatha yoga practice with pranayama and mantras with Mimi in the mornings.
• Rejuvenating, healthy Vinyasa Flow sessions in the afternoons with our resident expert, Brianna.
• Course Materials
• 3 meals daily (breakfasts, lunches, and dinners), lovingly prepared by our staff from locally sourced, vegetarian ingredients
• 1 Excursion (optional)
What is not included
• Personal, medical or trip cancellation insurance (we highly recommend you look into getting your own medical or trip cancellation insurance).
• Spending cash, souvenir shopping, personal phone calls, extra spa services, personal taxis (including emergencies), bell-boys, and tips for room service (Tips are appreciated by the wait staff, but not mandatory). We recommend 1-2$ USD per person per day.
• Laundry services (available at additional cost)
• Massages (available at additional cost)
• Airport pick-up and drop-off (available at additional cost)
Early Bird Pricing
Early Bird Pricing ends 6 months before course start date: $50 off!
Classes will take place at The Ark Eco Resort, whereas Bali Dream Resort will provide you with accommodations which range from private deluxe rooms to tastefully appointed shared villas. All rooms come with en-suite bathroom, A/C, WiFi, private kitchen or mini fridge.
Things to Do
Students are encouraged to explore Bali in their free time on Sunday, before and/or after the training. Keep in mind, though, we do offer one optional excursion. It's very common for students to link up for travel adventures after the training, too. The staff knows the area very well and is happy to provide guidance. Plus, here are a few of our favorite activities:
• Bali Swing
• Tirta Empul
• Sacred Monkey Forest
• Area tours and shopping
• Art and performances trips
• Day trips to the beach or mountains
• Dining in Ubud
• Rice field walks
• Trips to temples
• Volcano hiking
• Traditional Balinese massages are available upon request.
Indonesian food is simply delicious – perfect for raw vegans, vegans, and vegetarians alike. The cuisine is one of the most colorful in the world, bursting with intense flavor sourced from local, organic farms.
The Ark serves fresh and vibrant food, prepared by loving hands in the on-site kitchen. Vegetarian meals breakfast, lunch, dinner snacks, and tea are all included and will follow the yogic diet. Your local chefs were trained by internationally acclaimed Amy Rachelle of Pure Raw, which they combine with knowledge of the variety of regional cuisines that exist.
Fresh pressed vegetable and fruit juices are available daily upon request.
If you have any specific dietary needs, please bring those items with you.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Vegetarian (Upon Request)
The following drinks are included:
The Ark Eco Resort and Bali Dream Resort & Spa are situated 5 minutes walking distance from each other.
Students can schedule spa treatments ranging from $10 USD to $100 depending on the treatment.
Treatments include scrubs, facials, masks, massages, couples massage, body wraps and more.
Check out the menu offerings when you arrive for your teacher training course, or ask one of your friendly staff. We'll be glad to show you the ropes.
Meet The Instructors
Mimi Adeogba and Brianna Persall
Mimi is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider and is e-RYT 500-Hour certified with the Yoga Alliance, USA. Her love of yoga and of traveling inspired her to create her destination teacher training courses in 2016—Swadhyaya Yoga School—where she now plans and manages teacher training courses and retreats worldwide. Mimi is trained in Ayurveda and holds two degrees in Naturology, a D.N. and a Ph.D., from American Institute of Holistic Theology, Birmingham, Alabama, USA. She studied various disciplines of biological sciences at Yale University, Baylor College of Medicine, and New Mexico State University.
Brianna Persall is a Certified Nutritional Practitioner, 500 hr certified yoga instructor and founder of Well Daily. After studying design and working in the creative marketing industry for a few years, and facing her own personal health issues, she resorted to holistic approaches to healing. As she discovered the healing powers of food as medicine, she wanted to further share with the world holistic healing through Well Daily. She focuses on a holistic approach to wellness and is expanding the business to workshops and retreats that leave people feeling empowered and connected.
Location Bali Dream Resort, Jalan Penestanan Kelod, Sayan, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
Arrival by Airplane
Arriving at Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar) DPS is the best option, and We are happy to assist in arranging transportation at an extra fee.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
Booking & Cancellation Policy
• All bookings include a non-refundable deposit of $500 USD
• Final payments are due 60 days before the start date of the trip to secure your spot.
If a cancellation (always in writing) takes place within 7 days of booking, 100% of the paid trip price, minus your deposit, is refundable, unless retreat start date is less than 60 days from booking date.
• Cancel 120+ Days Prior to the Departure
Deposit is non-refundable, and we’ll transfer to another trip for a $100 fee.
If you paid in full we’ll return everything but the deposit and the $100 fee.
• Cancel 60-120 Days Prior to the Departure
Deposit is non-refundable, and we’ll transfer to another trip for a $200 fee.
If you paid in full we’ll return everything but the deposit and the $200 Fee.
• Cancel 30-60 Days Prior to the Departure
Deposit & Full Payment is non-refundable, and we’ll transfer everything to another trip for a $300 fee.
• Cancel under 30 Days Prior to the Departure
Deposit & Full Payment is non-refundable, and we’ll transfer everything to another trip for a $500 fee.
We recommend participants purchase travel insurance when making travel plans, and highly encourage them to purchase trip cancellation insurance. Look for terminology similar to, “cancel for any reason,” to protect against the rare chance of cancellation. We suggest Travel Guard Insurance or Kanna Travel Insurance and choose from several policy options.
By placing your deposit with us, you are reserving your space in your requested course and agreeing to the stated policies in our Terms of Service.
SYS + Well Daily reserve the right to make any changes deemed necessary by our team, trip leaders, teachers or partners. In the rare case of a cancellation on the part of SYS + Well Daily (due to political unrest, dangerous weather, or low sign-ups) we will offer a transfer to another trip or a full refund of your funds.