27-Day 200-Hour Dual style Yoga Teacher Training in Goa Beach, India
Traditional Yoga Teacher Training India
Sarvaguna Yoga welcomes you to a basic training course for those who are aspired to become professional yoga teachers. No prerequisite or qualification is required to enroll in this course. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to teach yoga in different settings and in different countries. The course framework designed by Yoga Alliance will provide you with basic and profound knowledge and skills to teach and inspire others with yoga.
- Techniques of training and practice
- Daily mantra chanting and asana practice
- Daily teaching methodology, anatomy, and physiology
- Daily pranayama and guided meditation sessions
- Teacher training course study material
- 27 nights accommodation
- Daily vegetarian meals
- Airport transfers
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Jnana Yoga
- Yin Yoga
Students who complete their subsequent training is eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®).
This 200-hour teacher training course is a basic training program for those who are aspired to become a yoga teacher and are looking for their first-level certification or have done other certifications and looking to build upon their existing foundations or just looking to deepen their knowledge and practice. You are invited to join this extensive, intensive, and nourishing teacher training course. In this course, you will learn the history of yoga and its philosophy, human physiology, anatomy, teaching methodology, adjustments, and other nuances of teaching yoga. You will earn a certification upon completion of the course, with which you can register with Yoga Alliance as a registered yoga teacher at the RYT- 200 level.
Course composition and framework
The following are the standards and framework of the course, as designed by Yoga Alliance under five educational categories:
- 100 hours of techniques training and practice. This category includes asanas, pranayama, kriya, chanting, mantras, meditation, and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours are a mix of analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and guided practice of the techniques themselves
- 25 hours of teaching methodology. This category includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning, and business aspects of teaching yoga
- 20 hours of anatomy and physiology. This category includes both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, and so on) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, and so on). It is necessary to include both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice to understand the benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns and so on, of yoga
- 30 hours of studying yoga philosophy, yoga lifestyle, and ethics for yoga teachers
- 10 hours of practicum. This includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching, and receiving and giving feedback. This section also includes assisting students while others are teaching
This 200-hour yoga teacher training course comprehensively meets the standards defined by the Yoga Alliance, and exceeds in all respects, as Sarvaguna Yoga has enhanced the program with other activities, Mantra yoga - the science of sound vibrations and its role in spiritual practices, Buddhi yoga - yogic cognitive therapy, yogic personality theory - the comparative study of yogic and modern psychology, and so on.
Sample daily schedule
- 07:00 - 07:45 Mantra chanting, pranayama, and guided meditation
- 08:30 - 10:00 Asana practice
- 10:00 - 11:00 Breakfast
- 11:00 - 13:00 Philosophy and anatomy class
- 13:00 - 15:00 Lunch break
- 15:00 - 17:00 Alignment, teaching methodology, and adjustments training
- 17:00 - 18:00 Asana practice
- 18:00 - 19:00 Student Teaching Practice
- 18:00 - Dinner
- 20:00 - 21:00 Sat-Sangams, or questions and answers session on philosophy, spirituality, and meditation-related topics on two days in a week
What is included
- 2 asana practices daily
- 2 herbal teas daily
- 3 daily vegan, vegetarian, and organic meals
- 27 nights accommodation
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Course material/TTC Manuals
- Daily mantra chanting, pranayama, and guided meditation sessions
- Teaching methodology and training techniques
- Unlimited filtered drinking water
- Yoga kit/t-shirt, stainless steel water bottle
- Mosquito net
- Many surprises on the way
What is not included
- Meals on Sunday
- Optional activities
- Travel insurance
Early bird discount
To benefit from the early bird discount of 100 EUR per person, book or reserve two months before the start date of the course.
- Check-in Time: 12:00
- Check-out Time: 10:00
During the training, you will stay in single or shared rooms with hot shower and Wi-Fi.
This retreat will be held at the academy on Agonda Beach, Goa, India. Goa is one of the South Indian states situated by the Arabian Sea on the west coast. Goa is known as the tourist paradise of India, as it is endowed with marvellous beaches, splendid churches and temples, plenty of sunshine, wonderful locations, and warm and friendly people.
With its beautiful nature and culture, delicious food, the Arabian Sea with dancing dolphins, marvellous sunset, and the shadow of palm trees around, Goa attracts people all over the world who want to escape from cold winters in Europe and North America. Visitors spend unforgettable dream holidays here and explore Indian culture in a safe and pleasant atmosphere.
Goa is one of the most ideal places for yoga practitioners as well as artists and dancers. Apart from many tourist attractions, yoga, meditation, and spiritual seekers can find peace and silence here. The best time to visit Goa is from November to March.
Things to Do
- Meditate on the beach
- Take day trips in the area
- Swim in the splendid Agonda Beach
- Visit the night clubs nearby
Breakfasts, lunches and dinners will be served throughout the course with vegetarian, vegan, and organic food, except on Sundays.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
The following drinks are included:
- Herbal Tea
Meet The Instructors
Dr. Keshava Murthy M.Sc, Ph.D(Psy), M.Sc (Yoga), M.A (Sanskrit), M.A (Philosophy))
Dr. Keshava has been teaching yoga philosophy, meditation and pranayama, therapeutic yoga, principle teachings of original tantra, Sanskrit language and poetry, and Vedic mantra chanting in various academic settings and yoga teacher training centers. He taught more than 100 yoga teacher training courses. Keshava lives a monastic life practicing and teaching yoga, meditation, and spirituality. He is committed to bringing a deep change in the personality of a seeker in order to have a meaningful and blissful life with peace, harmony and universal awareness.
Location Sunset House, South Agonda Beach, Canacona, Goa, India
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Goa International Airport (GOI). Sarvaguna Yoga will pick you up from the airport. The pick-up is included in the price. The airport is around 70 kilometers to Agonda Beach. As Goa is an internationally well known tourist place, most international airlines operate flights to Goa from all major cities in the world. Direct charted flights are operated regularly to Goa International Airport, also known as the Dambolim Airport, from all over the world, between October to April every year. Goa is also well connected by air with major Indian cities like New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkatta, Bangalore, Chennai, Kocchi, Trivendram, and so on. Domestic airlines operate regular flights to Goa from the above cities.
Arrival by train
Please arrive at Madgaon Railway Station, which is 40 kilometers away from Agonda Beach, or Canacona Railway Station, which is seven kilometers away from Agonda Beach. The trains offer services that range from luxurious to budget, catering for all the needs of any traveler.
Arrival by taxi
You can take a pre-paid taxi to reach Agonda Beach from Goa International Airport. It costs around 25 EUR. Alternatively, a dedicated and trusted taxi driver from Sarvaguna Yoga will wait for you with your name plate and bring you straight to the place where your accommodation had been arranged. Agonda Beach is around 70 kilometers from the airport and takes about 90 minutes to reach.