8 Days Detox Juice Cleanse and Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh, India
Detox and Yoga Retreat Rishikesh
The detox juice and yoga program is a unique combination to set up a healthy and easy lifestyle. Detox juice is the type of nutrition that extracted from fruits and vegetables. Possible for vegans and vegetarians.
- 7 days of practice
- 2 yoga classes per day
- Daily meditation sessions
- Herbal therapy and Ayurvedic massages
- Detox juice program and excursion in Himalaya
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 7 nights accommodation
- Brief aura check up
- Hatha Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Kriya Yoga
Benefits of detox juice cleanse and yoga retreat
- Helps you lose weight faster
- Improves nutrient absorption
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Helps detox your liver
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Improves your skin
Nutrients from juices are more easily absorbed by your body. Fresh juices do not burden your body with digestion needs and give your body time to eliminate toxins and detox itself. This retreat starts with aura check up to see the possible problems in your energy body, followed by the naturopathic doctor consultation and suggestion of detox juice therapy with the regime, herbal supplementation, and follow up plan.
The Vedansha Institute of Vedic Science and Alternative Medicine was founded by Yogacharya Dr. Sanjeev Pandey Ji. It was established to provide the education in Vedic science, holistic treatment, and support programs with yogic and Ayurvedic methods in common and non-curative diseases and help humans control emotions, remove fears, improve their lives, find themselves in a society of modern technology, and open their power in order to feel harmony and happiness.
The institute is accredited by International Yoga Alliance USA and followed by a policy on sexual misconduct towards the client, that makes all their programs safe and secure for female students. The institute keeps the ancient yogic tradition of Himalayan masters adapted to contemporary service requirements according to international standards of yoga education. Its teachers were born in yogic families and have scientific degrees in yoga, astrology, and Ayurveda. Its yoga masters have spent more than 90,000 hours on improving their practice of yoga postures and meditation.
Its founder, Dr. Sanjeev Pandey, has spent more than 20,000 hours in the deep meditation in the Himalayan mountains. Vedansha collaborates with medical doctors and performs the research in yoga and cancer in Germany. It also performs special healing programs for people with different diseases to support their health. Its programs are based on centuries-old traditions and adapted to contemporary conditions that make its clients 99 percent satisfied.
- Philosophical aspects
- Human life: the meaning and aim of life
- Yoga - introduction or it is origin and development
- Introduction of Patanjali’s yoga-Sutras
- Eight limbs of Ashtanga yoga, Yama, Niyama (social and personal rules and regulations), asana (physical posture), and pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Concept of three bodies and its role in yoga practice
- Introduction in Karma, Raja yoga (meaning, types, and role in yoga)
- Kosha and its role in meditation and pranayama
- Concept of five koshas
- Three Nadis, Ida, Pingala, Sushumna, and their role in practice
- Chakras, general concept, and role in daily life
Asana (beginner, intermediate, and advanced level)
- Natural relaxation asana
- Natural standing asana with external rotations
- Forward bending asana
- Backward extensions
- Spinal twisting asana
- Inverted asana
- Balancing asana
- Surya-Namaskara meditation asana
- Thunder-bolt (vajrasana) group asana
- Lotus (Padmasana) group asana
Introduction to pranayama
- Basic pranayama techniques and benefits (abdominal breathing, preparational breathing, Kapalabhati, Nadi Shodana with or without retention, Ujjayi breathing, Bramari, Bhastrika, Shitali, Shitkari, Surya Bheda and Chandra Bheda, Ujja)
- The pranic body
- Parana and lifestyle
- Breath, health, and pranayama
- Breathing and lifespan
- Sitting positions for pranayama
Kriyas (body cleansing methods)
- Neti, Kapalabhati, Trataka, Shanka Prakshalana
- What is mudra and bandha
- What is Ashwini Mudra, its role in the energy body
- Dyana, Ajali, Prithvi, Varuna, Shakti, Gyana, Chin, Shambhavi, Khechari Mudra, Hansi mudra, Vayu mudra, akash Mudra, Shunya Mudra, Surya mudra, Jalodarnashak mudra, Apan mudra, Pran Mudra, shankh mudra, Apan Vayu Mudra, Ling Mudra, Dhyan Mudra, Lotus Mudra
- Moola, Uddyana Bandha, Jalandra Shatkarma (concept, aim, safety, performance)
- Obstacles in pranayama practice
- Standard meditation practice (Om meditation, Trataka, yoga Nidra, sound meditation, mantra meditation, Nadis meditation, five elements meditation, breath meditation, Hamso meditation, Ajap or japa, Ida or Pingala spinal rotation, Hridayakasha Dharana, Panchaprana Dharana, Pranava Dhyana)
- Visualisation and concentration
- Obstacles in meditation
- Concept of meditation step by step
- Postures for meditation practice
- How to integrate meditation in yoga class?
- How to choose an object for meditation?
Standard mantras (Guru, Ganesh mantra, Shakti mantra, Gayatri mantra, Shanti mantra, Shiva mantra, five elements mantra, So Ham, AUM, Lakshmi mantra, Vishnu mantra, mantra for health, business, and children)
Yoga therapy or Ayurveda
- Using of number of yogic or Ayurvedic methods in supporting and treatment of some diseases
- What is Ayurveda
- Concept of three doshas
- How to identify the dosha
- Six tastes and their function for the balance of body and mind
- Your interest to learn Vedic science
- You have to have interest to learn Vedic science, personal work on body and mind and not only to spend vacation as on all inclusive resort. Vedansha are spiritual Ashram and do not allow following activity: eating non-vegetarian meal, smoking, drinking alcohol, abuse their staff, show any type of sexual misconduct, manipulating, annoying other clients, damage the vedansha property, study material, interrupt teaching process.
- Individuals with disabilities or ailments, people who have any disease or unfit before the course are advised to refrain from applying. If you join course, and feel worse after this, Vedansha will help you to arrange all required medical help, but they will not allow you to continue the course and your payment will be not refunded.
- Minimum age at the time of admission is 18 years. Applicants aged over 60 years could apply after consultation with Vedansha via email.
- Pregnant women need a medical authorization permitting them to practice yoga from their own country with translation in English
- Any candidate found unfit after the commencement of the course will not be permitted to continue the training and a refund of fees and other charges will not be admissible
- This teacher training course requires educational abilities and the desire to study the program according to the standards of Yoga Alliance USA. Students are reminded to remain aware and respectful of cultural differences among the participants and teachers. Any disruptions to the teaching process or behavior deemed harmful to other students, teachers, or the institute's property is in violation of the rules and policies of Vedansha Institute. Violation of the school's policies may result in dismissal from the program without any refund of the course fees.
- The teachers are not fitness instructors, most of them are spiritual yoga masters who have a completely different way of life and devotion to their practice. Some of them are monks, pandits in temples or swamis. They request you to please be polite and respect their work. If you find something that not suitable for you or for your faith or mentality, please do not put the blame on them. Let them know at the front desk, online or just discuss with Founder Dr Pandey Ji directly if you want any changes and what you find not suitable for you. In 99% misunderstanding will be solved in a good way.
- The course language is English. Any other mentioned language is used for online communication and in some cases can be used in communication during the course on the place. If you wish to get a translator for any other language kindly request to ask about availability before booking. If a booking is done without the request of translation Vedansha have right to cancel the booking and refund the deposit. If translation will be requested on place Vedansha has right to dismiss the client from the course and do not refund the deposit. If a client request to arrange another school with appropriate language ability it can be done upon request if the school with this language is available in Rishikesh for extra costs.
- The booking should be performed by the person who is going to participate in the course. If a booking is done by the third person (relatives, friends, parents etc) the direct participant should send Vedansha an email or scanned copy of confirmation that he/she acknowledge the program, rules and regulations of the organizer.
- Any candidate who decided to change the program after arriving have to apply for it in written form. If you decide to cancel the course after arriving, Vedansha will have to charge amount that covered our costs of 30% of the course days as Vedansha reserve teacher, accommodation, meal prior to your arriving.
Typical daily schedule
- 06:00 - 06:30 Wake up and cleansing
- 06:30 - 06:50 Shatkriya and detox herbal tea - yogic cleansing with Jala neti (special techniques of nose cleansing), Pooja (mantra recitation and fire ceremony purification)
- 06:50 - 07:00 Vegetarian snack
- 07:00 - 08:30 Asanas Hatha class
- 08:30 - 09:30 Pranayama - breathing exercises
- 09:30 - 10:30 Detox juice (with a vegetarian snack by desire)
- 10:30 - 11:30 Yoga philosophy, Ayurveda, or workshop
- 11:30 - 12:30 Therapy time or free time
- 13:00 - 14:00 Detox juice (with a vegetarian snack by desire)
- 14:00 - 16:00 Free time or therapy time
- 16:00 - 16:30 Detox juice, herbal snack
- 16:30 - 17:30 Ashtanga asana class
- 17:30 - 18:15 Yoga Nidra or guided meditation - guided relaxation practice, meditation, and concentration
- 18:30 - 19:30 Detox juice
- 20:00 - 21:00 Free time
- 22:00 Detox relax drink
- 22:00 - 06:00 Sleep
What is included
- 1 brief aura check up
- 1 excursion in Himalaya
- 2 Ayurvedic massages
- 1 t-shirt with the school symbol
- Detox juice vegan and vegetarian program
- 7 nights accommodation
- Cleansing kit
- Daily practical and theoretical yoga classes
- Mala string of beads energized by Yogacharya Dr. S.K.Pandey-Ji
- Herbal therapy
- Accompanying and supporting during the time of staying in the Institute, help provided 24 hours
What is not included
- Astrological consultation
- Airport transfers
- Extra nights of accommodation
Things to Do
During your free time, you may go to the venue's library and relax reading a book or visit the spa center for a treatment. You may also book a private consultation for Ayurvedic or Naturopathic treatment.
According to your Ayurvedic type (dosha), you will get five special detox drinks per day. Most of them will be juices (fresh extraction from fruits and vegetables) in form of the main meal like breakfast, lunch, or dinner. According to your dosha, Vedansha will make them in some cases in form of smoothies. Some are herbal medicated juices (mix of water and prepared extraction of herbs). Medicated juices are used for supplementary therapy one time a day and not used as a main meal.
Some detox drinks are specially prepared with milk and nuts and mixed with fruits. Detox tea will be also administered and served as well. Depending on the season, Vedansha uses the following fruits and vegetables in juices including apple, orange, guava, pineapple, grapes, kiwi, lemon, strawberry, mango, melon, watermelon, pear, pomegranate, banana, peach, plum, papaya, carrot, tomato, beetroot, potato, pea, and cucumber. If you have special indications, some other juices can be prepared as well.
To maintain proper sugar and protein, balance some herbal snacks. Vegan and vegetarian will be administrated. A solid usual meal is not offered. However, if during the program you will need some, then Vedansha can adjust it as well, according to your condition.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
Two Ayurvedic massages are included in your package.
Meet The Instructors
Sanjeev, Avdhesh, Dr. Usha, Shiva ji and others
Yogachariya Dr. Sanjeev Pandey Ji is the founder of the Vedansha. He has a PhD in yoga therapy and naturopathy, and he is a Himalayan yogi from the seventh generation. 1990 -1995 University of Lucknow with the diploma of bachelor of science (ZBC) in biology. 2008 - 2011 Master degree in yogic science and human consciousness and become a Yogachariya. Since 1999, he began his teaching career in yoga in Rishikesh. Since 2016, PhD in yoga therapy and naturopathy. E-RYT 500 and member of IAYT (International Alliance of yoga therapy).
Avdhesh is an asana teacher for Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga. He was born in Rishikesh, the capital of yoga. His yogic practice started from 2011 after he met various yoga masters who inspired him and encouraged him to come to yoga path.
Having studied Ayurveda and herbal medicine at Kanpur in the Kanpur University in 1966, Dr. Usha completed her internationally recognized bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery in 1997. Her competence is evident in her extensive and varied experience during the past 20 years, has shared her expertise as a lecturer of Kaya Chikitsa at Himalaya Ayurvedic College (Bareilly, U.P.), as a trainee physician in Arya Vaidya Sala (Kottakkal, Kerala), and Panchkarma specialist.
Pandit Shiva Ji or Jyotish Acharya is a famous traditional Vedic astrologer in Rishikesh. He is well qualified in astrology and Vedic science, he completed his Jyotish Acharya (master degree in astrological science) and Ved Acharya (master degree in Vedic science and Vastu Shastra) from Sampoorna Nanda Sanskrit University, Kashi (Varanasi), India. He worked with great Himalayan Astro Masters and he lives and teaches in Rishikesh, sharing his knowledge of Vedanta, astrology, and Vedic karma kand.
He is a master of yoga in traditional Hatha, Ashtanga, pranayama, and meditation styles. He lived in different ashrams during his childhood in north India and learned yoga from Himalayan masters. After he completes his master degree (Yogacharya) in Sanskrit University of Uttarakhand, he started to share his knowledge with his students. In free time Sandeep used to go to a spiritual place in Kedarnath and Badrinath to balance his energy and develop more in his practice. He is very polite and passionate teacher. He can teach either beginners or advanced students as well.
Hemlata Bahaguna (Yoga anatomy, and physiology teacher, physiotherapist). She was born in New Tehri, located in the Indian state of Uttrakhand. After school Hemlata entered in combined (P.G.) Institute of Medical Science and Research (CIMSR), Dehradun where she is graduated in Bachelor of Physiotherapy, during graduation she started working in the field of ‘Effect of physiotherapy on Rib-Fracture & Spinal-Cord Injuries. She is an expert in the field of yoga anatomy & physiotherapy. Hemlata Bahaguna was working in 2009-2010 CMI Hospital, Dehradun (Physiotherapy department & faculty of anatomy).
was born in Holy place and origin of Yoga – Rishikesh . He is practicing yoga since 2008. He is certified yoga teacher with Diplom from Sanskrit University of Haridwar. In 2013 he completed certification of 200 Hours of yoga alliance USA. He practicing Hatha, Karma, Bhakti, Mantra, Gyan, YIN yoga . These experience changed his life. Being a young boy he was learning yoga in Ashram from traditional yoga masters and implemented that knowledge in his teaching as well. Sonu follows yogic life style and 8 limbs of Ashtanga yoga. He is teaching beginners, intermediate & advanced classes.
Lakhiram is one of the best and talanted meditation teacher in Rishikesh. He was born in Himalayan Village and was dedicated for yoga. He completed his education in Himalayan Yoga Institute in Haridwar and choose meditation as main subject. Since 7 years he is teaching in different schools in Rishikesh meditation, mantra, kirtan.
Vedansh Pandey (yoga teacher) is a son of fonder and yogi in 8-th genertion. He is dedicated to continue the vedic tradition of Pandey Ji’s family and be a yogi. He is practicing yoga since childhood, knows very well all types of fire ceremonies, kriyas, shatkarmas. He is RYT 200. He is follower of Bharadwaj Gotra line, keeps bramacharya and doing self practice daily. He masters asana, pranayama, meditation techniques under father’s control and integrate them in his teaching. He is permanent student of spiritual Anandam Gurkul and learns there from himalayan masters secrets of hatha yoga.
Jyoti is a professional female massage therapist. She completed her education in ayurveda therapy and massage in 1995 and performs massage to our female clients as well as shirodhara and other detox procedures as panchakarma.
Dr Shri Jeet
Ayurveda doctor and teacher Dr Sri Jit is practicing ayurveda and responsible for theoretical as well as practical classes in ayurveda therapy, cooking, massage.
Experienced spiritual master, yoga instructor. He born in Hariyana state in India.
Location Vedansha International Yoga Academy, Badrinath Road, Uttarakhand, India
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Dehradun Airport (DED). Transfer from and to this airport is available upon request.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 35% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 5 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.