28 Days Spirituality, Indian Yoga, and Meditation Retreat for Seniors in Kerala, India
Senior Yoga Retreat in India
Your lives might have become fast and full of distractions. By the time you've hit the 60s, you've been through marriages, careers, and children. You’ve had a lot of wins and a lot of losses. The physical forces are fading, the muscular structure is diminishing. Great spiritual progress in burning out the last Prarabdha Karmas, even those that did not manifest in this life, can be accomplished at this time. This should be the slowing-down period, yet still being active in the mental, emotional, sociological, political, ecological arenas. You’ve probably wondered a thousand times, what is the purpose of all this, anyway? Crafted for your precious senior years on planet Earth and eternal blossoming, join this retreat to find the answer and learn to cope with life’s challenges.
- Therapeutic yoga sessions
- Daily yoga, breathing, meditation session
- Ayurvedic Satvic wellness diet and doctor’s consultations
- Body measurements, vital signs, and composition analysis
- 1 stress management workshop during the retreat
- Constant monitoring throughout your stay
- Body type-based vegetarian meals
- 27 nights of accommodation
- Therapeutic yoga
This retreat will help you to remind yourself to find what’s really important in life. The secluded and scenic ambiance will encourage you to focus less on worldly things and more on just being. Plenty of relaxation time will guarantee you to have the privacy to explore the hidden areas of your mind. Your supportive spiritual and yoga instruction teacher will teach the necessary meditation and breathing techniques that help you cope with life’s challenges. Yogic exercises have countless benefits for the body as well as the mind. Some of these are:
- Deep breathing exercises help to harmonies the right and left hemispheres of the brain, sharpening the mind, and often providing relief for respiratory problems
- Yoga can help reduce the amount of medication required for hypertension
- Yoga also helps to reduce anxiety, maintain weight, strength, and balance, as well as protects joints
- Yoga brings about tremendous relief for patients of high blood pressure, arthritis, incontinence, and rheumatism
- Sattvik Ayurvedic food brings body-mind-soul in harmony (Ayurveda is proved science since more than 5,000 years and is a way for life)
- Daily musical Satsang and Vedic-spiritual discussion keeps you on soul enlightenment path
- Weekly sight visit takes and gives you the glimpses of Mother Nature
- Various brain-stimulating activities
- Tranquil serene nature to make a fresh start in life
Who is this retreat is for?
- People above the age of 60 and above
- Elderly people suffering from arthritis, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, IBS, digestive problems, skin conditions, and sleep disorder
- Highly stressed people who need to relax
- People with poor eating habits
- People who want to shift to a healthy lifestyle
What will you get from this retreat?
- A feeling of revitalization and complete rejuvenation
- Increased energy, stamina, and flexibility
- Improved digestive functions and better metabolism
- Reduced joint aches and pains
- Improved sleep patterns, relaxation, and refreshment
- A greater sense of peace and inner calm
- Stability of moods and emotional balance
- Clearer, brighter skin, and eyes
- Increased knowledge of health and wellness
- Increased knowledge of nutrition and food choice according to your body type
- A better understanding of your body and personality from an Ayurvedic point of view
- Experienced a deep physical, physiological and psychological transformation
- A new plan for motivation for the future should be made well in advance
- 07:00 - 08:00 Pranayama
- 08:00 - 09:00 Yoga
- 09:00 - 10:00 Breakfast
- 12:00 - 13:00 Rest
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00 Free time
- 15:00 - 16:00 Workshops any recreational activity
- 15:30 - 18:30 Meditation
- 18:45 - 19:45 Dinner
- 19:30 - 20:30 Spiritual/Vaidic talk and music
- 20.30 - 21:30 pm Spiritual music ecstasy
What is included
- Therapeutic yoga sessions
- Daily yoga, breathing, meditation sessions
- 27 nights accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (healthy vegetarian meals according to your body type)
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Unlimited supply of herbal-water
- Body composition analysis
- Body measurements and vital signs
- Ayurvedic Sattvik wellness diet consultation
- 1 Ayurvedic doctor consultation
- 1 stress management workshop
- Lecture on Ayurveda (once a week)
- Demonstration on Sattvik Ayurveda cooking (once a week)
- Jungle walk (once a week)
- Constant monitoring
- Airport pickup and drop off
What is not included
- Ayurveda treatments on site
- Local transport
- Any other extra services that are taken on-site
Waynroots' villas, wooden cottages, and eco tents have a total capacity of hosting 30 guests for individual and multiple occupancies. Situated at Nadavayal, Waynroots' surrounding ground has a fish pond, Lotus pond, a cottage, and a plethora fruiting trees from mangoes, jackfruit, chiku, avocado, custard apple, guava, mangosteen, rambutan, fig, gooseberry, Chinese orange, gooseberry, red apple, coconuts, and areca nuts. It is also surrounded by herbs and trees with immense curative and restorative powers, making it the ultimate peaceful abode to relax in. There are also a library, in-house pharmacy, exclusive designer linen boutique, well-equipped non-invasive cosmetology, and Ayurveda restaurant with a fine crafted Satvic menu.
Waynroots Villa integrates traditional architectural concepts and modern amenities. The accommodation provides guests with a tranquil atmosphere to experience the essence of Kerala. The place is aesthetically furnished so as to give home comfort.
The wooden cottages are giving a close nature experience. All rooms are bestowed with nature.
Wayanad, the green paradise is nestled among the mountains of the Western Ghats, forming the border world of the greener part of Kerala. Clean and pristine, enchanting and hypnotizing, this land is filled with history and culture. Located at a distance of 76 kilometers from the seashores of Kozhikode, this verdant hill station is full of plantations, forests, and wildlife.
- Kozhikode, 76 kilometers
Things to Do
Weekly extra activities schedule (optional)
- Monday - Om Namo Shivaia
- Lord Shiva Tandav (dance and meditation)
- Tuesday - Indian Heena decorating
- Wednesday - Ayurveda yogic food and spices
- Thursday - Sacred Vedic art of India with Rome
- Friday - Ayurveda Satvik cooking workshop
- Saturday - Indian Saree / Dhoti wrapping
- Sunday - Coffee plantation or nature walk
Ayurvedic Panchakarma or detox can also be taken by people who are suffering from the following health issues on-site with extra charges:
- Addictions (cigarettes, alcohol, etc.)
- Allergies or intolerances
- Low energy and fatigue
- Depression and anxiety
- Loss or bereavement
- Restlessness and irritability
- Poor quality sleep and insomnia
- Poor concentration or lapse in memory
- Coated tongue, bad breath, or body odor
- Gastric disturbance including bloating, indigestion, heartburn, acidity
- Hair and nail loss
- Feelings of despair or lack of purpose
- Fears and phobias
- Personal relationship problems
- Emotional issues
Romeswellness follows only Sattvik and organic food which is pure veg and holistic. Everything you eat is food for the soul and for your soul to be clean, virtuous, and true, the food should also be sourced, prepared, and consumed in the same manner. This journey is towards body and soul purification. Organic and Sattvik diets promote harmony with mind-body and soul. With a Sattvik diet, you remain in harmony with nature. Sattvik diet is the best diet for healing body and spiritual blissfulness.
What is a Sattvik diet?
Sattvik is derived from a Sanskrit word "Sattva". Sattva is a concept from Indian Yogic philosophy. It means one that is pure, true, ethical, energetic, clean, strong, wise and vital. Thus, a Sattvik diet is meant to include foods which comply to its meaning. The meaning also extends to eating habits; like the habit of eating in moderation (to avoid overeating).
According to Ayurveda, Sattvik foods are important to maintain the balance of a healthy mind and body. And to maintain this balance, Ayurveda states to eat according to one's dosha. These doshas correspond to your physical and personality traits. Your bodies are made up of three doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. You should be eating in accordance with these, so you don't aggravate or imbalance your mind and body.
Many people confuse this diet as a diet of raw and uncooked food. In fact, Sattvik diet is a regimen that emphasizes on both raw and cooked seasonal foods such as fruits, dairy products, nuts, seeds, oils, ripe vegetables (except onion and garlic), legumes, and whole grains. Since this regimen empowers virtues, such as Ahimsa (non-violence), it only includes vegetarian proteins hereby not harming nature and all its living beings.
Unlike another popular notion, Sattvik food is not bland and tasteless. It is meant to include all the six flavors - sweet, salt, bitter, sour, pungent, and astringent. Each meal is supposed to cater to all these vital flavors. Romeswellness keeps in mind when preparing Sattvik food - it is always freshly cooked and simple.
Food should be combined to get nutrients from a variety of sources. It encourages foods that are grown harmoniously with nature (seasonal foods), and foods that are ripened and grown naturally. It forbids the consumption of packaged, canned, and processed food in any form. Just enough amount of food is prepared so that there is no food wastage. The food should be chewed properly, eaten at a moderate pace and not rushed.
Last but not least, food is prepared with love and gratitude before consumption. Your food will be prepared and cooked with love and care along with chanting. With Romeswellness and Waynroots, you can heal yourself with food and take Sattvik Ayurveda cooking for your future life, after all, it’s body-mind-soul conscious life journey that begins here.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
Meet The Instructors
Yogini Rome Nimkar Karandikar
Rome's philosophy is “touching people’s lives through the heart and heal them is my soul purpose”. Born and brought at a religious place in Vajareshwari near Mumbai in Brahmin family, she is raised by spiritual parents and bestowed with the company of seers, sages, and a spiritual master at very early age. Her mother remains her first ‘Guru’. She experienced all the worldly possessions like wealth, material assets, name, fame, friends, and relations and enjoyed she them fully. Seen all ups and downs of the material world and bodily experience. Lives in soul consciousness and universal oneness.
Location Rome's Wellness Waynroots, Nadavayal, Nelliyambam Rd, Nadavayal, Kerala 673579, India
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Kozhikode International Airport (CCJ)
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.