15-Day 100-Hour Meditation Teacher Training in Goa, India
Meditation Teacher Training India
If you are looking for a comprehensive meditation training course and want to deepen your practice, or aspire to pursue the path of a professional meditation teacher, this course is for you. It is also a great opportunity for certified yoga teachers to take part in a continuing education program, particularly in the field of meditation, to expand the knowledge and bring more value to life. Join the course to be inspired, and inspire others with intensive meditation practice!
- Learn various meditation techniques
- Supporting gentle yoga and pranayama
- Classes on asana, mantra, anatomy, and physiology
- Dedicated and individualized supervision in every session
- Daily vegetarian meals throughout the course
- All tuition fee, yoga kit, and study material
- 14 nights beachfront accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Yin Yang Yoga
The 100-hour meditation teacher training program provides the training, support, and supervision to individuals wishing to deepen their own personal practice, teach friends and family members, incorporate meditation training into their existing professions, or develop a private meditation teaching practice. This program incorporates yogic, non-religious, and scientific meditation practices. Many topics focus on the effects of acute and chronic stress on the body and mind.
Classes involve Restorative yoga and pranayama practice, facilitated discussions, exercises, and deep connection with your peers. The course requires no experience and all body types are welcome.
In this course, you will be immersed in meditation practices, supported by gentle yoga and pranayama. You will learn a foolproof way to teach anyone how to meditate, and practice teaching what you have learned in this course as well as your personal experience accumulated during the sessions. You will be thoroughly coached by dedicated teachers to enhance your presentation and teaching skills and practice how to share what you have learned with a variety of audiences.
This program meets the standards and curriculum of Yoga Alliance as a continuing education program for yoga teachers.
- Techniques training and practice: Includes preparatory asana, pranayama, kriya, chanting, mantra, meditation, philosophy of meditation, teachings from the Bhagavad Gita, yogic lifestyle, modern and scientific meditation techniques, energy anatomy and physiology, chakras, naadis, and so on. This includes both the study of the subject and applications of the principles to yoga practice, such as the benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns and more. You will also receive analytical training on how to teach and practice the techniques, and guided practice of the techniques themselves.
- Practicum: Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching, and hearing / giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.
Overview of the course content
As preparation for meditation, gentle Restorative yoga will be taught twice a day. This helps to improve muscular relaxation.
Pranayama is breathing techniques. Pranayama has two aspects: breath regulation and breath observation. Pranayama is a very important aspect of meditation practice. Pranayama purifies the mind and prepares the mind for meditation. It facilitates oneself to deeply concentrate while meditating. It detoxes the mind and the body, as well as helping you to reach the inner realm of awareness.
Mudras are the flow of energy in the body. The position of the hands while practicing a meditation technique is very important. Mudras are a combination of subtle physical movements which alter the mood, attitude, and perception and which deepens awareness and concentration. Mudras enable the meditation practitioner to develop an awareness of the flow of prana, the vital energy in the body. Ultimately, they establish pranic balance within the body and redirect the subtle energy to the upper chakras, inducing higher states of consciousness.
This is the daily practice of therapeutic yoga which includes neti - yogic nostril cleansing, trataka - gazing at the flame to improve concentration, and shambhavi mudra - preparatory practice for Third Eye meditation.
Meditation friendly diet
The diet plays an important role in meditation practice. As the well-known proverb goes “the man is what he eats” - the food we consume influences our mind and body. This course focuses on yogic or sattvic diet, which makes meditation more effective.
Energy anatomy involves the theoretical framework of the energy body (pranic body), nadis (energy channels), chakras (energy centers) and the application of its principles in meditation practice, benefits of opening the nadis and chakras through meditation. the movement of healthy energies within the body, characteristics of a person whose chakras are opened, the kundalini system and kundalini awakening meditation techniques.
Discussed theories of meditation
- Various definitions of meditation, its roots, its theories, its aims and goals, and the myths and misconceptions about meditations
- Preparatory practices for meditation, including both internal and external preparations
- Meditative psychology
- Difficulties faced during meditation and how to overcome them
- Different types of meditation practices and their applications
- The scientifically proven physiological and psychological benefits of a regular meditation practice
- How meditation trains your attention
- The mind and the body connection and creative well-being
- Stress and its effects on the mind and body
- How to shift the stress response from “fight or flight” to “rest and digest” and the need for cognitive change
- Transcendental experiences in meditation and the role of spiritual intelligence
- The spiritual side of meditation, mystic and wisdom traditions, awakened states of awareness, and self-discoveries
- Creating a personal practice and nourishing daily routine
Different types of meditation
- Relaxation meditation
- Concentration and Kundalini meditation
- Awareness meditation
- Chakra balancing meditation
- Yoga Nidra Meditation
- Pranic awareness meditation
- Mantra meditation
- Mindfulness meditation
- Loving Kindness meditation
- Third Eye meditation
After completing the course successfully, you will be certified to teach meditation. You will be able to design your own meditation training program to suit the people you come across. It can be any of the techniques you have learned or a mixture of different meditation techniques. You do not have to have any particular method. Every method, if practiced diligently, will give results.
You will be able to offer and share with your students a comprehensive meditation method that can propel their spiritual practice or help to discover inner peace, harmony within oneself and in relationships, inspiration, creativity, wellbeing and a sense of fulfillment, better physical and psychological health, and self-awareness.
As a certified meditation teacher, you will likely be asked to present meditation classes and lead programs in a variety of settings. On this course, you will learn how to do that, whether you are invited to present at a lunch-and-learn at a corporate headquarter, or to a classroom full of kids who want an experience of mindfulness. You will have everything you need to do it!
Typical daily schedule
- 06:00 - 08:00 Mantra chanting, pranayama, and guided meditation
- 08:30 - 10:00 Asana practice and kriya practice
- 10:00 - 11:00 Breakfast
- 11:00 - 13:00 Theory class and workshops
- 13:00 - 15:00 Lunch break
- 15:00 - 16:00 Theory class, Workshops, and Q&A sessions
- 16:00 - 17:00 Techniques training, special workshops, and chakra workshops
- 17:00 - 19:00 silent sitting, self-guided meditations, and trataka practice on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- 17:00 - Dinner
- 20:00 - 21:00 Satsang, Q&A session on meditation philosophy, and spirituality related topics on Tuesday and Thursday
What is included
- 2 herbal teas daily
- 14 nights accommodation
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Registration fee
- Sarvaguna yoga kit, containing 2 t-shirts and a yoga bag
- Study material/meditation manual
- Tuition fee
- Unlimited filtered drinking water
- Vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner throughout the course (except on Sundays)
- Mosquito net
- Many surprises on the way
What is not included
- Meals on Saturday night and on Sundays
- Optional activities
- Travel insurance
- Check-in Time: 12:00
- Check-out Time: 10:00
During the training, you will stay in single or shared rooms with hot shower and Wi-Fi. The room is located within the premises of the school.
This course will be held at the academy on Agonda Beach, Goa, India. Goa is one of the South Indian states situated by the Arabian Sea on the west coast. Goa is known as the tourist paradise of India, as it is endowed with marvellous beaches, splendid churches and temples, plenty of sunshine, wonderful locations, and warm and friendly people.
With its beautiful nature and culture, delicious food, the Arabian Sea with dancing dolphins, marvellous sunset, and the shadow of palm trees around, Goa attracts people all over the world who want to escape from cold winters in Europe and North America. Visitors spend unforgettable dream holidays here and explore Indian culture in a safe and pleasant atmosphere.
Goa is one of the most ideal places for yoga practitioners as well as artists and dancers. Apart from many tourist attractions, yoga, meditation, and spiritual seekers can find peace and silence here. The best time to visit Goa is from November to March.
Things to Do
- Meditate on the beach rocks
- Take day trips in the area
- Swim in the splendid Agonda Beach
Breakfasts, lunches and dinners will be served throughout the retreat with vegetarian, vegan, and organic food, except on Sundays.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
The following drinks are included:
- Herbal Tea
Meet The Instructors
Dr. Keshava Murthy
Keshava has been teaching yoga philosophy, meditation and pranayama, therapeutic yoga, principle teachings of original tantra, Sanskrit language and poetry, and Vedic mantra chanting in various academic settings and yoga teacher training centers. He taught more than 25 yoga teacher training courses. Keshava lives a monastic life practicing and teaching yoga, meditation, and spirituality. He is committed to bringing a deep change in the personality of a seeker in order to have a meaningful and blissful life with peace, harmony and universal awareness.
Location Sunset House, South Agonda Beach, Canacona, Goa
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Goa International Airport (GOI). Sarvaguna Yoga will pick you up from the airport. The pick-up is included in the price. The airport is around 70 kilometers to Agonda Beach. As Goa is an internationally well-known tourist place, most international airlines operate flights to Goa from all major cities in the world. Direct charter flights are operated regularly to Goa International Airport, also known as the Dabolim Airport, from all over the world, between October to April every year. Goa is also well connected by air with major Indian cities like New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkatta, Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi, Trivandrum, and so on. Domestic airlines operate regular flights to Goa from the above cities.
Arrival by train
Please arrive at Madgaon Railway Station, which is 40 kilometers away from Agonda Beach, or Canacona Railway Station, which is seven kilometers away from Agonda Beach. The trains offer services that range from luxurious to budget, catering to all the needs of any traveler.
Arrival by taxi
You can take a pre-paid taxi to reach Agonda Beach from Goa International Airport. It costs around 25 EUR. Alternatively, a dedicated and trusted taxi driver from Sarvaguna Yoga will wait for you with your nameplate and bring you straight to the place where your accommodation had been arranged. Agonda Beach is around 70 kilometers from the airport and takes about 90 minutes to reach.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.