27 Days 200 Hours Traditional Hatha Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh India
Rishikesh is often described as Tapobhoomi; the land of meditation. It is indeed an escape from the worldly imbroglio of chaos, and an experience of clarity. We at Arogya Yoga School incorporate the strategic teachings of the Vedas and Upanishads, amalgamating them with the Yoga Sutras to imbue in you a plethora of perspectives previously unexplored by your Mind. Our techniques are inspired from the unshakeable Mountains of the Himalayan Ranges and the unstoppable vigour of River Ganga herself. Nestled in the midst of a sundry of virtuous and divine places of worship, Arogya Yoga School is a humble habitat of Yoga, where discipline and steadfastness are honed with a tinge of Culture and a wave of Tradition. Needless to say, Rishikesh happens to be the fitting place for you to begin a journey to your inner self and immerse yourself in the blissful tranquillity of the Trinity; mind, body, and soul.
- Yoga philosophy
- Two yoga sessions daily
- Alignments and adjustments
- Yoga anatomy and physiology
- Certification to register with Yoga Alliance
- Three traditional vegetarian meals
- Outdoor activities on weekends
- 26 nights' accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Kriya Yoga
Students who complete their subsequent trainings are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®).
Arogya is a Sanskrit word which means the perfect health, a prerequisite for all ventures in life. Even though you live in a technological era where everything is automatic, your happiness is not self-automatic. At the school, you will be given more importance to remain a student of yoga throughout your life. This 200-hour teacher training at Arogya Yoga School will allow you to develop the better understanding and deepen the practice of yoga.
It assists you in forming new visions in all spheres of yogic practice and also offers an opportunity to become a registered yoga instructor - RYT 200. Yoga helps everyone to develop the discipline which creates good results in experiencing the harmony of life. You can also guide the others to the path of peace and help to recreate the world's peace.
- Develop your personal daily practice
- Develop and practice daily pranayama, Kriyas, Mudras, and meditation
- Learn about the skeletal and muscular systems and how this affects your practice and teaching
- Study the Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and learn how to incorporate them into your daily practice and life
- Learn how to structure a class and then incorporate all these components into designing your own class
- Learn to teach this class to your peers in a small group environment and then you will teach this class to your peers as your assessment
- Silence should be maintained between 22:00 until morning
- Regular homework should be completed
- All classes are mandatory to attend unless you are ill
- As a part of the evaluation procedure, there will be an assessment for certification
- Arogya Yoga School reserves the right to disqualify any students at any time during the course of misconduct
- During asana practice, you have to leave all jewelry, books, extra clothing, book bags and purses in your room (only yoga mat and water bottles permitted in yoga hall)
- Management expects all students to clear your practice space immediately following your practices
Principles and guideline
- Teaching starts from early in the morning
- Respectful behavior is mandatory at all times on and off the premises
- Respect the rules and regulations of Arogya Yoga School
- Before departure from Arogya Yoga School, students must return all books from the library
This class will prepare you to read and understand Patanjali's Yoga Sutras. Each Friday, students will lead a discussion reflecting on the week's readings. Before class, students should write down one question on a note card directly related to the day's reading and give this to the teacher at the beginning of the class.
The first thing they will give you is the introduction of yoga philosophy. Then you will learn about the origin of yoga, different paths of yoga, Ashtanga yoga, and Hatha yoga. In the second week, you will learn about obstacles in yoga, yama, iyama, asana, and different kinds of kosha (panch, annamaya, and pranayama). The third week will be different, you will be focusing on pranayama, manomaya kosha, pratyahara, and dharna. Then the last week, they will teach you about jnanamaya kosha, Sankhaya and Vendata darshan, dhyana, anandamaya kosha, and Samadhi or self-realization.
Human anatomy-physiology, and yoga
In the first week, they will give you an introduction to yoga class and then learn about cellular system, skeletal system, joints and a range of motions, as well as muscular system I. In the second week, you will be guided to learn about muscular system II, postural imbalances, physiology of asana, and three kinds of asana (standing, back bend, and forward bend).
For the third week, you will study other kinds of asana, which are twist and inversion. Then, you will focus on the digestive system, respiratory system, circulatory system, and physiology of pranayama. The last week will be different. You will learn about the nervous system I and II, endocrine system, stress and homeostasis, physiology of meditation, essence, lesson planning, as well as practical and written assessment.
Mantra is a word or a sound repeated to aid concentration in meditation. The reverberating sound is harmonious to the body and mind. There are 6 mantras that you will learn in this teacher training, namely Ganesha mantra, Guru mantra, Shakti mantra, Gayatri mantra, Mangalacharan mantra, and Shanti mantra.
Asanas and pranayama practice sessions
There, the instructors will guide you to focus on asanas. Here are kinds of asana and pranayama that you need to know to improve your skills in yoga.
- Pawanmuktasana series
- Marjari asana
- Surya namaskar
- Parivrtta Trikonasana
- Parivrtta parshwakonasana
- Veerbhadrasana I, II, and III
- Ardh chandrasana
- Prasarita padottanasana
- Pincha mayurasana
- Adho mukha vrkshasana
- Ardh matsyendra asana
- Parivritti janu sirshasana
- Kati chakrasana
Back bend postures
- Setu asana
Forward bend postures
- Ardh padam paschimotanasana
- Padprasar paschimotanasana
- Adho mukha svanasana
- Bak dhayan asana
- Natraj asana
- Relaxation postures
Pranayama / breathing practices
- Yogic Breathing
- Nadi shodhan
- Breath awareness
- Mantra chanting
- Yantra drawing
- Technical workshops
- Technical flow classes on Wednesday and Saturday mornings
- Movie night (yoga documentaries, once a week)
- Moonlight meditation (once a month)
- Candlelight meditation (once a month)
- Pooja ceremony for welcoming
- Pooja graduation ceremony
- 06:00 Wake up
- 06:30 Herbal tea
- 06:45 Shatkarma / yogic cleansing
- 07:00 Chanting and pranayama
- 07:30 Yoga Asana
- 09:00 Breakfast
- 10:00 Yoga anatomy
- 11:30 Yoga philosophy
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Rest / self-study
- 16:30 A traditional sequence
- 19:00 Dinner
- 20:30 Yoga Nidra
- 22:45 Lights out
What is included
- 26 nights' accommodation
- Himalayan hikes on weekends during favourable weather conditions
- Local sightseeing trips on Saturdays and Sundays
- Two yoga sessions 6 days a week
- Meditation Sessions
- Mantra Chanting sessions
- Nasal cleansing sessions
- Nutritious traditional meals three times daily
- Herbal tea
- Detox drinks
- Theory classes on anatomy, philosophy, and alignments
- Certificate of completion
- Complimentary yoga mat, notebooks, pens, cleansing kit, and T-shirt
- Check-in Time: 06:00
- Check-out Time: 21:30
During your stay here, Arogya Yoga School will provide you with neat accommodation with a lovely view of the mountains. You can choose between private or shared rooms. All attached bathrooms have western toilets and hot water geysers. Other facilities include filtered and safe drinking water, Wi-Fi, open kitchen, and medical help nearby.
The yoga curse will be held at Arogya Yoga School, located in Tapovan, Rishikesh. It is situated conveniently nestled amongst the mountains on all sides. The mesmerising white-sand beaches of the Ganga are just a 15-minute walk away.
Things to Do
- A visit to Beatle's ashram
- Exploration of caves
- Exploration of local waterfall
- Go to Rajaji National Park and Rajaji Tiger Reserve
- River rafting
- Visits to Hindu temples
During this program, Arogya Yoga School provides a traditional Indian culinary experience with a soulful variety of meals three times a day. The meals provided will be purely vegetarian, rich with proteins, and nutritious, thus helping you power through your day filled with rigorous practice sessions. A vegan diet can also be accommodated on request.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
The following drinks are included:
- Herbal Tea
You can pamper yourself with an Ayurvedic massage included in the price during this program.
Meet The Instructors
Azad was inspired to explore his own personal yoga practice after realizing the transformative benefits he could develop mentally, spiritually and physically. He began teaching yoga five years later, with a strong desire to share his knowledge with others. He first started teaching yoga retreat programs being conducted by his gurus, and later began teaching yoga asana alignment and methodology at teacher training programs around India.
Location Arogya Yoga School, Upper Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL); the nearest international airport, or Dehradun Airport (DED); the nearest domestic airport. Transfer from Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) is available upon request with an additional fee of 70 USD. The transfer is free if you arrive at the domestic airport. For the return transfer, there is an additional fee of 70 USD for a drop off to Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) and 20 USD for Dehradun Airport (DED).
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 20% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.