22 Days 200 Hours Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course in Koh Phangan, Thailand
Thailand Yoga Teacher Training
Marga Yoga is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS®). Students who complete this training are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®). This teacher training course takes place twice per year at a serene location where guests can immerse themselves in yogic studies and practice.
- Daily yoga class
- Meditation practice
- Philosophy classes and theory
- Self-study, anatomy, and asanas
- Eligibility to register with Yoga Alliance
- 21 nights accommodation
- Daily healthy meals
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Yin Yoga
The 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program aims at developing a strong, lasting foundation for all students who wish to deepen their own personal practice and for students who wish to attain advanced level of yoga practice and knowledge.
Students who have practiced yoga for at least 1 year are eligible to this program.
- What is Hatha yoga?
- Principles of Hatha yoga
- Explanation of Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha (Practice and benefits)
- Different types of breathing
- Definition of Prana
- Science of the breath (Prana, Apana, Udyana, Samana, Vijana)
- Ida, Pingala and Sushumna Nadi
- Pranayama practices: Abdominal breathing, Full Yogic Breath, Kapalabhati, Nadi Shodan, Bramhari Pranayama
- Surya Namaskar (Different variations)
- Basic Postures (Standing, Sitting, Backbends, Inversions, Twist, Arm balance Postures)
- Asana Variations (from Intermediate to Advanced)
- Body Alignment
- Yoga Nidra
- Also: Yoga for pregnancy, yoga for children, yoga for elderly
- Explanation and importance of Mudra according to Hatha yoga
- Types of Mudra
- The practice of Jnana and Chin Mudra
- Physical, mental, and spiritual Benefits of Mudra
- Explanation of Bandha
- Different types of Bandhas and practice
- What is meditation
- Difference between Dharana and Dyhana
- Types of meditation
- Breathing meditation
- Mantra meditation
- Walking meditation
- Definition of sleep and benefits
- The 3 states of consciousness
- What is Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Nidra practices
- What is yoga?
- History of yoga
- Types of yoga
- The five koshas (bodies)
- Explanation of self-realization and liberation
- Explanation of consciousness
- Eight limbs of yoga
- Bhagavad Gita
- What is yogic anatomy and physiology?
- The systems of the body
- Effects of asana and pranayama on the body systems
- Know the basic studies and types of joints to avoid injury during asana classes
- Diet and nutrition
Adjustment and alignment
- Practicing asana correctly
- Front, side, and back bending
- The use of props
- Various style of asana and their benefits
- Contra-indications of specific yoga practices
- Yoga therapy
- Introduction of Kriyas according to classical Hatha yoga
- Practice of Jala Neti and Sutra Neti (Cleansing Mucus or blockages from nasal passages and sinus) and Tatraka
- Tongue cleaning
- Introduction of Mantra yoga
- Importance of (OM)-AUM
- Explanation of the 7 main chakras
- How chakras work physically and emotionally
- Asana and pranayama for each chakra
- Chakra meditation
- Musical recitation of hymns, mantras and the praise of deities
- The concept of seva will be introduced and explained. Students will participate in Karma yoga activities inside the yoga centre during the course.
- 07:00 Meditation
- 07:30 Asana practice
- 09.30 Breakfast
- 11:00 Karma Yoga
- 12:00 - 13:30 Lecture 1 -Yoga philosophy
- 13:30 Lunch
- 14:30 - 15:30 Lecture 2 - Anatomy and asana theory
- 16:00 Asana practice
- 18:00 Dinner
- 19:00 Meditation
- 19:30 Questions and answers
- 20:00 - 21:30 Self study
- 22:00 Lights out
What is included
- 21 nights accommodation,
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,
- Certificate of completion,
- Unlimited herbal tea, water, and juice,
- 2 daily yoga sessions,
- 2 daily meditation sessions,
- 3 daily lectures,
- 1 daily Karma yoga,
- 1 question and answer session, self-study time
What is not included
- Visa fees
- Check-in Time: 11:00
- Check-out Time: 11:00
Accommodation is available at Mythai Guest House, where the retreat takes place. The guest house has double or shared rooms with fan, hot water, and shared or private bathroom. Mythai Guest House is situated in a beautiful coconut field in Chaloklum. The property is 150 meters away from the beach.
Things to Do
Marga Yoga operates from Mythai Guest House in Koh Phangan. The guest house is situated in a coconut field, 150 meters to the beautiful Chaloklum beach where guests can enjoy sunbathing and swimming in crystal clear water.
3 daily meals will be served (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Meals are vegetarian and vegan and highly nutritious.
Breakfast consists of fresh fruit and muesli, toasted brown bread with a choice of home made jams. Buffet lunch and dinner consist of fresh salads, rice or noodle dishes, soups, and desserts.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Lactose Free
The following drinks are included:
- Detox Juices
Massages, manicure, and pedicure are available at an extra cost.
Meet The Instructors
Simona started practicing meditation in her home town in Italy in 1990. She took her first Thai massage course in northern Thailand in 1997 and immersed herself in different meditation techniques in Bali. She also studied Thai massage in Chiang Mai and in Bangkok. Later on, she opened a Thai massage school and yoga center in Dublin. She also opened a yoga studio in Taling Ngam. She provides yoga classes and hosts retreat for groups in and outside of Thailand.
Location Mythai Guest House, Chaloklum, Koh Phangan
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Koh Samui airport
Arrival by ferry
Lomprayah and Seatran ferries offer tickets to Koh Phangan and transportation from Koh Samui airport to the pier.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 20% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 30 days before arrival.