3 Day Gratitude: A Valentine's Day Weekend of Yoga and Meditation Retreat in California
Yoga and Meditation Retreat in USA
This retreat will meet you right where you are. Open to single folks, as well as to couples. The stunning venue, Land of Medicine Buddha rests within the redwoods, and is only minutes away from the Pacific Ocean, making it an energetic hot spot, and the perfect place to reflect and retreat. Cultivate gratitude and love for yourself and others.
- Daily all-level yoga classes
- Daily meditation and pranayama session
- Access and map to different hiking trails throughout the venue
- Beautiful temples and statues throughout the Land of Medicine Buddha grounds
- Experience the stunning location amongst a redwood forest
- Amazing vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 2 nights accommodation
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Therapeutic yoga
The retreat is for students who are 18 years of age and above. Christie Pitko Yoga welcomes all levels of practitioners, including beginners. It is important to have some yoga experience before signing up. Please know basic yoga poses. Alcohol and meat are not permitted at Land of Medicine Buddha to honor the Buddhists who live on the grounds. Unless you have Verizon, cell phones will not work. There is a payphone and Wi-Fi available.
Experience a weekend of harmony and bliss amongst the magical redwoods of the Santa Cruz Mountains in Soquel, California. Enjoy daily all levels of yoga and meditation, feast on delicious vegetarian meals, stay in lovely accommodations, and explore the surrounding land.
Sample daily shedule
- 15:30 - 16:00 Arrival - rooms are not ready until closer to 4 p.m., but aim to get here early. You can enjoy tea and cookies or explore the grounds. Give yourself plenty of time for Friday traffic
- 17:00 - 17:40 Mini yoga session
- 17:45 Land of Medicine Buddha welcome
- 18:00 Dinner
- 19:15 Welcoming and group meditation
- 09:30 - 11:00 Meditation and Therapeutic yoga
- Free time - sauna, massage, hike
- 12:30 Lunch
- Free time
- 16:30 Vinyasa flow yoga
- 18:00 Dinner
- 19:15 Workshop TBA
- 08:00 Breakfast
- 09:30 - 10:15 Optional public meditation led by Land of Medicine Buddha
- 11:00 Out of room
- 11:30 Farewell yoga flow
- 12:30 Lunch
- Depart after lunch
What is included
- 2 nights accommodation
- Fresh vegetarian meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 2 dinners
- Daily yoga - all levels mix of alignment-focused Vinyasa and Therapeutic
- Daily mediation - mindfulness and pranayama
- Workshop (TBA)
- Hiking trails - access and map to different hiking trails throughout the venue
- Sauna access - Land of Medicine Buddha has a pool and sauna for all to enjoy
What is not included
- Check-in Time:15:30
- Check-out Time:13:00
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
Your main campus lodging provides clean, comfortable guest rooms. Options include single, double, and shared accommodations in single or queen-size beds. All rooms include an attached bathroom with a shower. Towel and linen service is provided. Choose from single, shared or triple/quad spaces that have private bathrooms.
Land of Medicine Buddha provides classes and space for group and personal retreats, on a forested piece of property at the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, just a mile and a half from Soquel Village, California.
Things to Do
During your free time, relax in the sauna or book a massage at the Lotus Spa. Seacliff State Beach and Brighton State Beach are just about 15 minutes away by car. Of course, hiking through the enchanted forest is a major highlight during your breaks.
Fresh and incredible vegetarian meals are provided. Enjoy 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 2 dinners. Christie Pitko Yoga can accommodate vegan and gluten-free as well. The meals are absolutely delicious and prepared fresh daily.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
Meet The Instructors
Christie Pitko, E RYT-500 began practicing yoga in 2001, and since then, it has healed her spirit and ignited creativity. She teaches alignment-based vinyasa flow and enjoys helping students stay curious about the inner landscape of their bodies and minds. Christie received her 200-hour teaching certificate in 2011 from White Lotus Foundation, and 300-hour advanced training in 2015 at Barefoot Movement. She continues her studies with Annie Carpenter and SmartFLOW yoga. She enjoys hosting yoga retreats in California and abroad and is passionate about the power of daily meditation.
Location Land of Medicine Buddha, 5800 Prescott Road, Soquel, CA 95073, USA
- (OAK) Oakland International Airport 82 km Transfer not provided
- (SFO) San Francisco International Airport 78 km Transfer not provided
- (SJC) San Jose International Airport 39 km Transfer not provided
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at San Jose International Airport (SJC), San Francisco International Airport (SFO), or Oakland International Airport (OAK). Christie Pitko Yoga recommends renting a car to drive to the venue.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.