5 Days Christmas Positive Transformation Meditation, Culture, and Yoga Retreat in Canggu, Bali
Soul-nourishing Meditation Yoga Retreat Bali
Embark on this beautiful five-day journey this Christmas for yourself to explore what it truly means to deeply relax, rejuvenate, take care of your body and mind and blossom into the best version of yourself. This retreat is for those who are open to positive life change and are willing to put in the work on conscious, healthy and mindful eating, living and being. Drawing on psychoanalysis and positive psychology, this family-friendly, soul-nourishing, emotional-cleansing, and body-detoxing Christmas retreat is expertly designed to transform all areas of your life by guiding you to discover and grow your inner power for positive and powerful life change.
8 twice daily meditation, yoga, and pranayama sessions
Grow your inner power for positive and powerful change
Remove emotional blockages, stress, and turbulence in your mind
5 Daily Guided Mind's Garden Aromatic Meditation sessions
6 daily workshops and Balinese cultural activities
Heavenly Balinese/Indonesian vegetarian/ vegan meals
Pampering spa treatments and Shamanic healing
5 days, 4 nights accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Power Yoga
- Chakra yoga
- Yin Yoga
Are you feeling stressed, anxious or overwhelmed? Do you feel tired all the time or tired of being tired? Do you often find yourself judging, over-analyzing or over-reacting to certain feelings? How does this impact your body and mind?
Does your life often feel disordered and chaotic? Do you feel empty, numb or unable to focus on anything? Are you often overcome with sadness or grief? Are there parts of yourself that you’ve been refusing to accept or love?
Do you find yourself emotionally blocked or burnt out? Do you feel powerless or isolated for being different from those around you? Do you often feel lonely even when you’re not alone? Are you feeling lost, rootless or disconnected from yourself and your inner voice?
Do you feel absent from yourself? Like you’re going through the motions in your everyday life, but you’re not really there? Are you trapped in fear or the same negative thinking patterns that clutter your mind and steal your inner peace? Do you ever feel oppressed by your own mind?
If you have one or many of the feelings above, you might be wondering: “How can I get rid of them?”—a question almost everyone on this planet craves an answer to. By going to a spiritual guru, chanting a mantra, or living in a temple? These might be temporary solutions for some people, but not for all. In fact, there’s no answer to this question once and for all, because we are humans and we can never stop having feelings and emotions.
However, we are capable of controlling the effects of our feelings by changing our reactions to them. There is no feeling in us that is inherently wrong, or bad. What truly matters is not what we feel, but what we do with our feelings. At Mind’s Garden, we believe the power for positive change resides within our own mind and it is available to each and every one of us. This is why we host this retreat — to help you discover that power within you and learn to use it effectively in all areas of your life.
This 5-Day Positive Self-transformation Retreat is designed around three key practices, Guided Mind’s Garden Meditation, Mind’s Garden Yoga and Pranayama (Breathwork). In meditation, you’ll be given Cognitive Behavioural and Positive Psychology-based guidance to work with your own mind —to learn to observe your thoughts and feelings from the inside out, to cultivate non-judgemental mindful awareness of yourself, to connect deeply with your inner voice and intuition, to develop stronger psychological and emotional resilience, and to explore what it means to take care of yourself and flourish.
In yoga, you’ll learn different styles of practices, develop greater body awareness, learn to listen to your body and to let go of the ego-mind, and flow into stillness and inner harmony in order to experience the truth of who you are. In pranayama, you’ll learn to tap into the power of your breath, to reverse the “fight-or-flight” response and deeply relax your body, to remove emotional blockages and turbulence in your mind, and to feel perfectly safe and grounded in the present moment using the breath as your anchor.
Now you must be wondering, “what is Mind’s Garden?” Mind’s Garden is a London-based wellness business that is on a mission to help people discover and grow their inner power for positive self-transformation through meditation, yoga, and breathwork. We are a team of passionate individuals from previously diverse backgrounds before we began our individual paths of yoga and self-healing, anthropologist and mathematician from Cambridge University, psychotherapist, mindset coach, architect, Fintech entrepreneur and graphic designer brought together by our shared passion for bringing positive change to people’s lives and making the world a little better and kinder, one day at a time.
Deeply inspired by the spiritual energy of Bali, Mind’s Garden decided to lead a retreat here! We wandered through the streets in Ubud and Canggu in search of a place to host our retreat, only to realize that our retreat can’t be in touristic places where people just want to go out and party! So we started exploring places away from other tourism in Bali, and we found the most beautiful and peaceful sanctuary—Balitrees Retreats Centre of the Sesandan village, located in the middle part of the island, where the wild, untouched tropical nature will take your breath away.
Whether you're a complete beginner in meditation or yoga, or you have been practicing for some time, or you're already an experienced meditation or yoga teacher, this 5-Day Positive Self-transformation Retreat will empower you with knowledge, wisdom, strength and a fresh perspective on your true self. You may make discoveries about yourself that you may not like, you may be challenged and find yourself facing the unknown. You may experience stronger feelings of anger or sadness, since paying attention in a conscious way to your thoughts and feelings and being encouraged to talk or write about them perhaps for the first time can highlight your emotions.
These are perfectly natural and healthy responses as your practice develops during this retreat, our teachers will be right here to help you move through them with deep awareness and loving-kindness towards yourself. Remember that you and only you hold the key to positive self-transformation in your own hand and it’s your responsibility to turn that key. But you are not alone. Learn to let others in. Take one step at a time. Pace yourself. Ask for help when needed. We are all in this together.
Now you might be wondering, is this all that this retreat offers? Of course not! In addition to five Mind’s Garden’s signature meditation sessions Guided Mind’s Garden Candlelit Aromatic Meditation (including journaling/drawing session), you’ll practice various other techniques of meditation, such as Tibetan Tonglen, Walking, Silent, Staring, Chakra Opening, Tai Chi and Mindful Awareness meditation.
You will not only practice Mind’s Garden Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, Power and Yogalates (a dynamic blend of yoga and pilates to get your body moving), but also learn and practice Traditional Balinese Watukaru Yoga, one of the most ancient yoga practices known for its focus on the mind and one’s spiritual awakening.
What’s more, you’ll take part in wonderful workshops such as Heart-opening Self-reflection Journaling Workshop, Balinese Music Workshop, Balinese Pencak Silat Martial Arts and Tai Chi Workshop, Natural Coconut Oil Making Workshop, Balinese Pastry Making and more! A perfect opportunity for you to experience authentic Balinese culture, spend quality time with your loved ones or your fellow travelers, have fun & play like a child!
Let’s not forget heavenly Balinese/Indonesian vegetarian/vegan/regular food, pampering spa treatments and super fun Balinese cultural activities such as rice farming, Balinese traditional ceremonial dance performance, Balinese swing, and waterfall purification and more! You can also take private therapy sessions with our teachers to understand yourself on a deeper level and learn to live your life more positively.
Dear fellow humans, be realistic, plan for a miracle! This retreat can be that miracle, are you ready for it?
Your program schedule
- 13:30 - 15:00 Arrival and Settle in
- 15:00 - 17:00 Mind's Garden Yoga on the Beach, and Silent Meditation
- 17:00 - 18:00 Balinese Pencak Silat Martial Arts Workshop
- 18:00 - 18:30 Watch the Sunset
- 18:30 - 19:45 Outside Asian dinner
- 20:30 - 21:45 Opening Circle and Guided Mind's Garden Candlelit Aromatic Meditation Session I (including journaling or drawing session)
- 07:30 - 09:00 Pranayama, Dynamic Mind's Garden Vinyasa Flow, and Mindful Awareness Meditation
- 09:00 - 10:00 Yummy Balinese Breakfast
- 10:00 - 11:30 Heart-opening Self-reflection Journaling Workshop
- 11:30 - 13:00 Chillax, Spa Treatments, or Take Private Sessions
- 13:00 - 14:00 Heavenly Indonesian Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00 Nap time or Take Private Sessions
- 15:00 - 16:30 Traditional Balinese Watukaru Yoga and Chakra Opening Meditation
- 17:00 - 18:30 Balinese Language Class
- 19:00 - 20:00 Delicious Balinese Dinner
- 20:00 - 21:00 Chillax or Take Private Sessions
- 21:00 - 21:45 Guided Mind's Garden Candlelit Aromatic Meditation Session II (including journaling or drawing session)
- 07:30 - 09:00 Pranayama, Yogalates, and Tibetan Tonglen Meditation
- 09:00 - 10:00 Delicious Indonesian Breakfast
- 11:00 - 13:00 Local Waterfall Purification
- 13:00 - 14:00 Yummy Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00 Nap Time, Spa Treatments, or Take Private Sessions
- 15:30 - 17:00 Breathwork, Mind's Garden Restorative Yoga and Walking Meditation (Venue: Retreat Common Area)
- 17:00 - 18:30 Balinese Swing
- 19:00 - 20:00 Delicious Balinese Dinner
- 20:00 - 21:00 Chillax or Take Private Sessions
- 21:00 - 21:45 Guided Mind's Garden Candlelit Aromatic Meditation Session III (including journaling or drawing session)
- 07:30 - 09:00 Pranayama, Power Yoga, and Staring Meditation
- 09:00 - 10:00 Yummy Balinese Breakfast
- 10:00 - 11:30 Natural Coconut Oil Making Workshop
- 11:30 - 13:00 Free Time to Relax, Spa Treatments, or Take Private Sessions
- 13:00 - 14:00 Scrumptious Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00 Nap Time or Take Private Sessions
- 15:00 - 16:30 Traditional Balinese Watukaru Yoga and Tai Chi Meditation
- 17:00 - 18:30 Rice farming (and mud fight? :P)
- 18:30 - 19:30 Yummy Dinner
- 20:00 - 21:30 Balinese Traditional Ceremonial Dance Performance
- 21:30 - 10:15 Guided Mind's Garden Candlelit Aromatic Meditation Session IV (including journaling or drawing session)
- 07:30 - 09:00 Pranayama, Gentle Mind's Garden Vinyasa Flow and Guided Mind's Garden Candlelit Aromatic Meditation Session V (including journaling or drawing session)
- 09:00 - 10:00 Yummy breakfast
- 10:00 - 11:30 Balinese Music Class and Visit the Village Butterfly Park
- 11:30 - 12:30 Closing circle
- 13:00 - 14:00 Farewell Lunch with Fresh Coconuts
- 14:00 - 15:00 Departure
Private sessions include:
- Guided Self-healing Therapy
- Positive Psychology Exercises
- Guided Meditation
- Yoga (Alignment / Pain Relief / Inversion / Flexibility / Balance )
- Yoga Therapy
- Martial Arts
- Tai Chi
What is included
- 5 daily guided Mind's Garden meditation sessions
- 7 twice daily meditation practices (6 different techniques of meditation)
- 8 twice daily yoga sessions (6 different styles of yoga)
- Heart-opening self-reflection journaling workshop
- Balinese language workshop
- Balinese Pencak Silat Martial Arts
- Balinese traditional ceremonial dance performance
- Local waterfall purification
- Balinese swing
- Yoga on the beach and watch the sunset
- Visit the village butterfly park
- Rice farming
- Balinese Music Class
- Balinese Pastry Making Class
- Pampering spa treatments including shamanic healing
- Heavenly Balinese or Indonesian vegetarian and vegan meals
- Outside Asian Dinner
- 4 nights accommodation located in the middle of stunning rice paddies
- Internet access
- Unlimited supply of water, herbal tea, and coffee
- Two fresh young coconuts
- Bicycles free to use
- Laundry service
What is not included
- Additional requested activities
- Airport transfers
- Personal expenses
- Private 1-1 sessions
Please inquire about availability before your booking. This retreat is suitable for couple/ family-friendly!
- Check-in Time:14:00
- Check-out Time:14:00
Balitrees Retreats is a joint effort of the local ashram, perguruan Seruling Dewata, and the villagers of Sesandan. Together with their business partner/your host of this retreat, Mind’s Garden, a wellness business based in the UK, they strive to offer you a truly memorable experience, support the local community, and contribute to sustainable eco-tourism in Bali.
At Balitrees, you can choose to stay in a shared guest room or a private one. The guest rooms are traditional Balinese style bungalows decorated with a unique bohemian touch. Each ensuite room has a flat-screen TV, air-conditioner, bathtub, wardrobe, desk, and beautiful beds fitted with soft Egyptian cotton sheets.
Each room has a garden-facing terrace, surrounded by rice paddies, and coconut trees that will take your breath away. The private rooms are part of a beautiful traditional Balinese home.
Each room has a flat-screen TV, air-conditioner, wardrobe, desk and beautiful beds fitted with soft Egyptian cotton sheets. Each room has a garden-facing terrace and a relaxing lounge area.
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Dining area
- Environmentally friendly
Balitrees Retreats is located at the village of Sesandan, Megati, Tabanan, Bali, Indonesia. It is close to Mount Watukaru, about 30 minutes from Tabanan city, 45 minutes from Tanah Lot Temple, and around two hours from Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) airport.
- Tabanan city, 30 minutes
- Tanah Lot Temple, 45 minutes
- Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS), 2 hours
Things to Do
- Take private sessions with Mind's Garden
- Additional spa treatments
- Visit a traditional Balinese Shaman healer for a blessing ritual
- Visit the village healer
- Visit the Penatahan hot spring
- Visit the Mont Watukaru Temple
- Visit Tamah Ayun and Tanah Lot Beach Temple
To all of those who share this beautiful journey of life with Balitrees Retreats, they offer an experience of profound beauty, grace, authenticity, wholesomeness, human warmth, respect, and care. They are passionate about nutrition, healthy diet and food as the medicine - you need to eat healthy to be healthy.
You know what your body needs, and They are here to provide the care and nourishment your body deserves. Every day Balitrees Retreats provide wholesome, abundant and delicious vegetarian and vegan cuisine, made with only local and organic produce.
What's more, with each meal, you will enjoy a raw vegan salad or heavenly tropical fruits like dragon fruit, guava or snake fruit! Let's not forget organic herbal teas and complimentary fresh young coconuts!
It is Balitrees Retreats firm belief that the key ingredient of amazing food is always love. If you have any allergies or special requests, please kindly get in touch with them before your retreat.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Raw Food
- Regular (typically includes meat and fish)
The following drinks are included:
Enjoy a pampering personalized spa treatment to deeply relax, recharge, and rejuvenate your body and mind. You can choose from Balinese deep tissue massage, modern massage, or traditional massage by a village healer.
Meet The Instructors
I Gede Arya, Krishna, Danai, & 2 Others
I Gede Arya
I Gede Arya started to learn Balinese traditional yoga and healing meditation by the age of 17 in 1993. He is a disciple of the ninth generation of Perguruan Seruling Dewata in Bali. He specialises in the Watukaru yoga tradition (Balinese traditional yoga) of Perguruan Seruling Dewata, Balinese traditional meditation, and snake style of martial arts (silat). He is committed to conserving the ancient Balinese Yoga tradition, meditation, and silat by founding Balitrees Retreats.
Krishna is a traditional Balinese Watukaru Yoga and meditation teacher. She's been studying and teaching Balinese Yoga, meditation, pranayama and charka opening for the past ten years. Her hands-on approach, passion for teaching and loving smiles are mind-blowing and will certainly help you deepen your Yoga and meditation practice. She's the kindest, most fun and passionate teacher and friend you'll ever meet!
Danai is a psychotherapist, yoga and meditation instructor from Greece. In search of a more peaceful mind, she travelled across Europe into the majestic landscapes of Finland, where she discovered her true passion—fluid body movements through yoga and dancing. Combining her psychology background with her certification in Vinyasa Yoga and guided meditation, she guides people through their individual paths of self-acceptance, transformation, overcoming of past trauma and better communication with their subconscious mind and inner voice.
Landy is a certified Vinyasa and meditation teacher. She has a natural gift of listening in order to understand people on a deeper level and applies effortlessly her understanding and empathy to her teaching or as she prefers to call it, guided self-healing through meditation, pranayama, yoga and yoga therapy. She integrates her love for poetry, art and oriental philosophy & medicine into her teaching and has been a part of many people's positive self-transformation and journeys to happier and more fulfilling lives.
Claudia is a mathematician & statistician turned full-time yogi. She’s certified in both Yin yoga and Yoga therapy, while studying extensively Chinese traditional medicine and acupuncture. Her passion for understanding the intricacies of the human body especially its self-healing power guided her to discover a unique approach of teaching—she helps students to deepen and expand their practices through activating specific acupressure points in the body. She believes there’s infinite power held in our body, and we just need to learn to use the right key to unleash it.
Location Balitrees Retreats, Sesandan, Megati, Tabanan, Bali, Indonesia
Arrival by airplane
If you arrive by plane, please book your flight to arrive at Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) in Denpasar. Please kindly arrange your own transport to the retreat location.
Grab is a very useful app to help you with transport in the local area. Alternatively, the driver can pick you up from the airport with an extra charge (450,000 Rupiah/USD 35) or any other place in Bali (price subject to your location).
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 14 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on departure.