6 Days Unforgettable Surf and Yoga Holiday in Badung, Bali
Authentic Surf and Yoga Retreat Bali
With Salti Hearts, your surf and yoga retreat will be the most authentic, fun, and professionally-guided experience you may ever have. Imagine the warm water, tropical vibes, palm trees, salty sun-kissed hair, new friends, and riding perfect waves in a tropical paradise. There is no better way to learn to yoga, improve your surfing, or take it to the next level on the tropical island of Bali with other wonderful people from around the globe!
- 3 days' yoga practice
- 5 days' morning surfing session
- 1 30-minute afternoon meditation practice
- 1 cultural day trip in Bali and 60-minute massage
- Use of surfboard, leash, wax, yoga mat, block, bolster, and strap
- Healthy breakfast, 2 dinners, after-yoga tea, and snacks
- 5 nights' accommodation
- Ground transfers
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
Salti Hearts yoga sessions include a blend of rejuvenating styles of yoga that is meditation, Hatha, Vinyasa flow, and yoga for surfers.
Meditation or dhyana is one of the eight limbs of yoga. Many yogis will say that is the only route to dive deep into the heart. It’s the most ancient and powerful tool for the transformation of the mind. At Salti Hearts, you meditate because it's good for your body and soul. It makes you happy and it helps find answers to your many questions. It creates a sense of powerful energy and it will bring joy, peace, and a new sense of serenity because you can create your own life (just surrender into your innate divinity).
Hatha yoga is the term applied to a vast body of practices geared toward self-realization through perfecting the relationship of body, mind, and spirit.
Vinyasa yoga, in which movement is synchronized to the breath, is sometimes also called flow yoga because of the smooth way that the poses run together and become like a dance. The breath becomes an important component because the teacher will instruct you to move from one pose to the next on an inhale or an exhale. Vinyasa is literally translated from Sanskrit as meaning connection. In terms of yoga asana, you can interpret this as a connection between movement and breath.
Yoga for surfers
Yoga complements surfing perfectly as it builds strength, flexibility, and balance. All of these are key when out in the water. Specifically, it’s great for building core strength, stamina, mental focus, and better breathing techniques. The mental focus and the breathing help to reduce stress which can come in very handy in big waves or other hairy situations.
For the true surfer or the true yogi, there is a connection with each that goes beyond the physical. One could even compare the rhythm of the ocean with the rhythm of the body. Physically, yoga is a great way to stay in shape when the surf is flat, prevent injuries, warm up before paddling out, and to stretch out the body after a long surf session.
Yoga and surfing create the perfect alchemy. The benefits that yoga can have on surfing are pretty far-reaching, whether it’s through strength, flexibility, or simply just breathing better. All these things are very important to progress on surfing. Learning how to breathe properly might be the biggest benefits surfers get from practicing yoga.
Once you start incorporating yoga into your before and after surf routine, you will quite likely find that you don’t have those aches, pains, and knots the next day. If you do, they definitely will not be as bad. When you have practiced for a while, you are going to see similarities in surfing and yoga as they are both about tapping into a flow of energy. Yoga taps more into the energy created from your body through the breath and asanas / poses while surfing taps into the flow and rhythm of the ocean.
The Salti Hearts surf coaching program is based on the International Surfing Association (ISA) curriculum as well as the practical surf instruction. It covers surfing history, wave formation, and oceanography. This more in-depth instruction is aimed to facilitate a deeper understanding of the ocean, wave riding, surf forecasting, and ocean safety.
Salti Hearts has designed the best surfing program to meet your individual needs. The program has been developed to teach you, step by step, the basics of surfing so that you will be up and riding as soon as possible, with the right skill set under your belt. They have also developed a program to cater for the more experienced surfers, who will be able to progress their surfing to the next level.
As all groups on this surf trip are small, the program is flexible. Salti Hearts will pair you with a partner of a similar surfing level and to a beach break that is perfect for your ability. The instruction starts with a detailed beach demonstration and instruction session where you cover ocean safety and a full theory briefing before hitting the water.
The great thing about Salti Hearts is that they focus on small groups of women and they support and guide you the best way we know how through the owner / operator Yeni, who has been surfing most of her life.
After your morning surf sessions, you will all sit down for a coffee break and debrief. You will be analyzed both photographic and video footage from the morning, sharing experiences and Salti Hearts will give tips and offer advice to the surfers. This is a great opportunity to see where you are at with your surfing and what you need to do to improve.
The following are some of the skills and knowledge you will learn during your Salti Hearts journey:
- Surfing culture, history, and lifestyle
- Wave formation, types of waves, and surf breaks
- Parts of the surfboard and types of surfboards (material, designs, shapes)
- Fundamental surfing skills: learning how to paddle, stand up on the board, keeping your center of gravity, and the correct stance on the board
- Learning how to turtle roll and / or duck dive through a wave
- Safety tips for all surfing levels (for ocean safety)
- Surf forecasting (using websites such as Magic Seaweed, Wind Guru, and Indo Surf Life)
- The surfers’ code and surf etiquette
- Handy surfing tips
- Warm-up routines: specially designed for surfers including stretching and yoga exercises, such as breathing techniques, to improve your ability to hold your breath in the event of a wipeout.
Intermediate / improving surfers
This is where you are ready to surf along the face of the wave and learn how to put into practice some of the foundation principles you have already learned. You will get the opportunity to learn fun new maneuvers and you will graduate from the white water and become real surfers, trimming across the face of those beautiful green waves out the back. No longer will you be a white water warrior, you will be on your way to becoming a green wave groover.
Salti Hearts have done their market research and discovered that there is a large gap in surf camp scene into which the intermediate and improving surfers fall. They want to fill that gap by providing a surfing program that is designed to take these improving surfers to the next level. Salti Hearts takes you to surf at different locations every day, from beach breaks to reefs and point breaks. The location choices are dependent on surf conditions and tides, but the variety that they offer provides you with a great opportunity to challenge your surfing and take yourself and your surfing to another level.
Information covered for improving and intermediate surfers:
- Oceanographic knowledge / ocean awareness
- Surf forecasting and tide charts
- Ocean safety
- Rip formation, identification, and to use a rip to improve your surfing
- Wave selection (size of waves, frequency of waves, and types of waves)
- Basic surfing skills (mastering the takeoff, riding the wave, getting off a wave, duck dive, and wipe out techniques)
- Surfing maneuvers (trimming, bottom turns, top turns, cut-backs, re-entries, floaters)
What is included
- 1 day of afternoon meditation practice (30 minutes per session)
- 3 days of afternoon yoga practice (between 60 to 90 minutes’ practice)
- 5 days of morning surfing sessions, coaching and guiding to the best surf spots on the island for your ability (3 hours’ maximum per day)
- 1 in-house massage (60 minutes)
- 1 cultural day trip in Bali (temples, markets, and boutique shops)
- Opening ceremony
- Surf movie night at the Salti Villa plus snacks
- Surfboard plus leash plus wax
- Yoga mat plus block plus bolster plus strap
- Transport to daily nourishment breaks at your favorite local cafes
- Airport pick-up transfer
- Air-conditioned transport
- 5 nights’ accommodation
- A healthy breakfast
- Welcoming dinner
- Farewell dinner
- After-yoga tea and snacks
- Tribal banquet at the Salti Villa
- Daily photo / video coaching analysis
- A copy of the footage to take away with you
- Salti Hearts signature goodie beach bag (includes Salti top, organic lip balm, sticker pack, beach sarong, and reusable water bottle)
What is not included
Food / drinks at local cafes for nourishment breaks
Salti Hearts offers discounts for an early reservation and for groups of four or more.
- Check-in Time:12:00
- Check-out Time:19:00
Salti Villa, located in North Seminyak of Umalas area, is a brand-new villa that has been built and created with love, passion, and lots of positive energy really close to latest hippie hot spot, Canggu. The villa features abundant open-air spaces including three bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, swimming pool, and a comfortable Balinese gazebo where you can enjoy the beauty of the garden or the frangipani flowers falling into the pool. The kitchen or living room is the area for breakfast, dinners, and chats.
Salti Villa is the perfect place for reconnecting with yourself, as it is a relaxing setting for leisurely lounging, sipping a coconut poolside, or taking a siesta with the pool view enjoying the nearby ocean breezes and the natural Balinese landscape. The spacious design creates a comfortable and relaxed feeling, uniting the interior and exterior areas in complete harmony. The villa is inspired by the Balinese landscape and developed with tropical architectural feel.
The bedrooms on Salti Villa are air conditioned and fully furnished. The comfortable beds are made up with fresh cotton linens. Each room has an en-suite bathroom with a private little garden and all the rooms are overlooking the tropical pool and gazebo.
If you decide to come and enjoy a peaceful quiet stay, then this gorgeous private room, with a private en-suite bathroom, is just for you. Equipped with outdoor tropical bathtub, this beautiful abode is designed specially for women and is the perfect place to unwind in lavish barefoot style. This room can also be reconfigured as a twin share if it’s necessary and overlooks the tropical pool and garden.
The beautifully appointed twin-shared rooms are tastefully furnished and come with all the amenities you’d expect from a comfortable Bali villa. With windows that open onto a sparkling private pool and an en-suite bathroom equipped with a tropical rain shower, this air-conditioned villa is the ideal haven for relaxing and enjoying your stay at Salti Hearts.
Salti Villa for girls is located in Umalas, North Seminyak. Green rice fields surround the camp and beautiful beaches close by offering a relaxing lifestyle and perfect waves. This space offers an ideal sanctuary for you.
From the villa, it is just a short 10-minute drive to some of the best surf spots in Bali namely Echo Beach, Pererenan, Batubolon, Oldmans, and Brawa. Another 10 minutes' drive and you will find yourself in Seminyak area, which offers restaurants, spas, shops, nightlife, and many other attractions.
Bali has long been regarded as a surfing mecca. This unique location, Bali, is a tropical wonderland for those who love the beach, sunny days, surfing adventures, yoga practice, fitness, and relaxation. Bali is on every surfer’s bucket list for its long stretches of beautiful coastline blessed with perfect surfing set-ups, golden sand, and a variety of beach breaks, reef breaks, and point breaks.
Bali is also renowned for its amazing array of shopping from markets through to beautiful boutiques at affordable prices. Many are just a short taxi drive from the villa, around 15 to 20 minutes depends on the traffic.
- Laundry service, 300 meters
- Shopping area - 15 to 20 minutes
- Surf spots and Seminyak area - 10 minutes by car
The healthy organic fresh breakfast menu:
- Smoothie bowls with granola and organic yogurt
- Muesli with soya milk / normal milk plus other cereals
- Chia seed pudding / over night oats with fresh fruits
- Toast (brown, gluten-free sourdough) with feta or cream cheese with honey, homemade jam, and butter
- Fresh fruit salad
- French croissant or cinnamon rolls (optional)
- Banana or mango healthy pancakes (two times x camp) and gluten-free upon request
- Tea, coffee, water, fresh juice of the day
Apart from the welcoming dinner and closing dinner, the other dinners are excluded from the packages. There are many affordable international and traditional cuisine options available around Umalas, Canggu, and Seminyak area. Just ask Salti Hearts and they will tell you their favorite places. Furthermore, please let Salti Hearts know if you have any dietary requirements as they will do their best to make your holiday perfect.
There are also ten eateries within easy walking distance, motorbike, and taxi. A few of Salti Hearts’ favorites are Bali Budha, La Casetta, Thai Spice, Eko Cafe, Bumbak Café, and many others.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Other dietary requirements on request
Meet The Instructors
Originally from Venezuela, Yeni grew up on the Caribbean Island of Los Roques. Surfing, yoga, and fitness have always been part of her life. After traveling and coaching surfing for over 10 years, Yeni found her way to Bali, fell in love with the island, and created Salti Hearts, her dream job!Read more
Location Salti Villa, Umalas, Kerobokan Kelod, Kuta North, Badung, Bali, Indonesia
The arriving airport is Denpasar.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 100% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.