14 Days 100-Hour Yoga Teacher Training IYMS Rishikesh, India
Transformative Yoga Teacher Training India
This 100-hour yoga teacher training course is a special teacher training course program created by International Yoga & Meditation Society for students who are unable to take a break of 28 days at once from their busy lives. Upon completion of 100 hours, the students are awarded a certificate of completion.
Certificate of completion
Hatha and Ashtanga yoga class
Meditation and pranayama practice
Yoga physiology, yoga anatomy, and mantras
Daily vegan meals and high tea
13 nights' accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
The students need to have at least 90% attendance in order to be eligible for the final evaluation and award of the diploma. In case a student fails due to sickness or any other unavoidable reason, IYMS allows the student to join their classes on any upcoming batches to complete the course.
At International Yoga & Meditation Society (IYMS), they not only give you the best training to become a great teacher but also help you become the best over time by helping you understand the power of self-learning and self-improvement.
The 100-hour yoga TTC is a life-changing experience with equal emphasis on Ashtanga yoga, Hatha yoga, meditation, pranayama, alignment and adjustments, yoga physiology, yoga anatomy, and mantras. In this course, you will understand the importance of yoga and the science behind it. You can further impart this knowledge to your students and motivate them for self-practice.
- Understanding of asanas and practice
- Understanding the specific angles and alignments of asanas
- Understanding Sanskrit names of asanas and positions
- Principles of anatomy, physiology, and yogic science
- Principles of philosophy, meditation, and spiritual side of yoga
- Art of being a yoga teacher, class planning, and student psychology
- Confidence building through teaching practice and student alignment sessions
- Props and how to help your students start their practice with support and care
- Yoga, beyond a physical exercise, understanding and leading the life of a yogi
Key aspects of yoga TTC
You will learn the inner physiological, muscular, and mental impact of each and every pose of yoga. Here is the key learning during the TTC course at IYMS:
- Yoga philosophy
- Perfecting the asanas
- Learning to teach
- Yogi’s discipline
Who should take this course
This teachers training course is designed for yoga aspirants who want to learn the science behind yoga and to either improve their practices or start their own yoga studio. Every year, a lot of students visit the school and complete the yoga TTC program to learn yoga and start their career in this field.
The program gives you a better understanding of spiritual plane, improves yoga practice, and enhances yogic lifestyle. It is a fun-filled 14-day journey of transformation.
Learn from the best teachers
IYMS has graduate and post-graduate teachers in yogic sciences who are registered teachers with Yoga Alliance. These teachers are masters in their area of expertise and are acclaimed teachers with experience and proven teaching methodology.
Teaching yoga is one thing, but making sure you understand how to teach yoga is a completely different aspect. A good teacher might not be a good teacher trainer. IYMS‘ yoga teachers are masters of teacher training and will help you groom as a successful yoga teacher.
Setting up your business
Your bond will be forged forever with IYMS. IYMS is there to support you through your success. They give you a complimentary photo shoot and designs a portfolio for you for free. They also help you set up your website and do localized marketing in your area over the internet to ensure you have a great start.
The ashram follows a very strict daily routine and the courses are designed to bring in transformational changes in every student. The students are expected to stick to the dincharya (daily schedule) of the ashram. The students are expected to ensure that they also stick to the achar-rasayan and do not consume anything tamasic during the program to experience the intended changes during and after the course.
IYMS uses traditional yogic methods and discourages all apbhrans (modified forms) of yoga. The students must understand that the derived forms do not have a Vedic (ancient) scientific origin. They are great exercise forms, but yoga is beyond the physical self.
Class daily schedule
IYMS program is an intensive program with at least seven hours of classes every day. The students need to wake up and sleep early to ensure a proper sleep. A usual day at IYMS starts at 06:00 and ends at 20:00. The students are provided with a midday break, three meals, and a high tea to ensure they meet their dietary needs during this intensive program.
- 06:00 Time to wake up: The students rise early; the gurus rise even earlier. At 06:00, the weather is very pleasant and the terrace is a great place to view the sunrise.
- 06:30 Freshen up with pranayama and purification session: A daily routine of cleansing, light breathing exercises, and sitting exercises to kick-start your day full of energy
- 08:00 Gear up for your Ashtanga yoga class: The morning Ashtanga yoga class, which is the challenging class in the morning, helps you gain strength and power.
- 09:30 Enjoy a nourishing breakfast
- 10:00 Time to understand philosophy and anatomy of yoga: It is time to unravel the mysteries that lie within. Understand your body, your mind and the principles that make yoga such a wonderful science.
- 13:00 Enjoy your lunch and take a break: It is time to fill up your bellies with a heavy Indian meal. According to yogic practices, the afternoon meal should be the heaviest meal of all day. Don’t forget to take a nap and get ready for the evening classes.
- 15:15 An afternoon meditation session in peace: The ashram is usually very quiet in the afternoons, making it the perfect time to meditate and discover your inner self.
- 16:15 An evening tea to cheer you up
- 17:30 Time for a Hatha yoga class: The evening Hatha yoga class is a great experience. The class is usually taken in open either on the terrace of the ashram, the lawn, or on the banks of Ganga.
- 19:30 Enjoy your dinner and get ready for a sleep: The dinner is served early at 19:30 and the ashram gates close at 21:00. All students must take dinner on time and go to bed to ensure.
What is included
- Yoga teacher training course program
- Certificate of completion
- Yoga-kit and study material
- Portfolio design
- Airport transfers from and to Dehradun Airport (DED) or Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL)
- 13 nights' accommodation
- 3 daily meals and high tea
International Yoga & Meditation Society (IYMS), Rishikesh understands that every student needs privacy to relax as they want in between the classes. In order to facilitate students, they only allott single room accommodation to students. There is an option of double sharing if two related students join the program and want to save 75 USD each. International Yoga & Meditation Society (IYMS), Rishikesh does not allow unrelated students to share the room.
- Check-in Time:06:00
- Check-out Time:21:00
Shri Avdhoot Ashram is a decades-old ashram established by Shri Chandan Dev Avdhoot Ji Maharaj and his disciple Swami Shri Raghuwar Dayal Shastri Shankhya Yog Vedantacharya Ji in 1961. The ashram was established to facilitate sages and scholars who visit Rishikesh in search of truth and tranquility. The ashram serves its purpose till date and is one of the most preferred places for sages and visitors coming to Rishikesh.
The Ashram has added a newly constructed wing to its facility with modern amenities and facilities to makes the visit of western learners comfortable and delight them with great hospitality. The ashram’s staff is trained with professional hospitality experts to ensure that the scholars do not face any trouble during their stay. Most of the staff either understand English or is assisted by someone who will help you communicate with them.
The new facility of the ashram is dedicated to TTC and other special programs of the Ashram. There are ample security and hospitality provisions to make sure that the students do not face any trouble. IYMS appoints a dedicated manager to ensure that the needs of the students are met by the ashram’s staff. However, there are limitations to services - the students need to stick to the Ashram schedule to avoid any inconvenience.
- Dining area
- Yoga studio
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tour assistance
This yoga teacher training will take place in Rishikesh, India. Rishikesh is the yoga capital of the world, located at the foothills of Himalayas and on the banks of holy Ganga. The town has its own spirit and is one of the safest places in India. Backpackers from around the world are found strolling on the streets at every time of the day.
Rishikesh is one of the holiest pilgrimage places in India. For thousands of years, it has been chosen retreat of saints, sages, and pilgrims who after retiring from worldly involvement pursued a solitary life of study, meditation, and austerity.
Rishikesh is one of the most popular pilgrim centers and gateway to the Himalayan Shrines of Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri. The yoga centers of Rishikesh have enhanced the significance of the place. From this point, the great Ganges leaves behind her mountain home and enters the vast plains of Northern India.
Rishikesh is located at a height of about 1360 feet above sea level. It is believed that several yogis and sages lived and practiced penance here. Rishikesh represents the site where Vishnu vanquished the demon Madhu.
- Dehradun Airport (DED) - 30 minutes
The food is cooked and served with love, with lots of fruits, veggies, and gourmet Indian taste. IYMS' students love the food. They prepare food with vegan methods and serve items having milk and nut separately to ensure that students with allergies do not suffer during the program.
Breakfast is served with an Indian breakfast dish, bread, porridge, fruit salad, green tea, etc. IYMS ensures that the breakfast is nut and milk free for vegan and allergic students. You will be served heavy Indian meal for your lunch. Tea, smoothies, shakes, and other traditional Indian drinks are served in the afternoon to delight the students right before another challenging yoga class. The dinner is served early at 7.30 p.m.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
The following drinks are included:
- Detox Juices
Meet The Instructors
Vivek & Vikash
Multiple Instructors will be guiding you during each days session.
Location 14 Days 100-Hour Yoga Teacher Training IYMS Rishikesh, India
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Dehradun Airport (DED) or Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL). Transfer from and to the airport is included. International Yoga & Meditation Society (IYMS), Rishikesh will pick you up from the airport.
Dehradun Airport (DED) is just 30 minutes from the ashram. If you are a backpacker, IYMS can pick you at any time of day on a scooter. Students love the drive from Dehradun Airport (DED) to the ashram as the road passes a wildlife sanctuary.
IYMS' pickup spot at Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) is Pillar Number 17 near KFC Restaurant at International Arrivals, Terminal 3. There is a payphone between gate 4 and 5 of the airport. In case you have any issues upon arrival, give International Yoga & Meditation Society (IYMS) a call from the payphone and they will meet you at the payphone. It takes eight hours to reach the ashram from the airport.
Arrival by bus
If you are arriving alone and at a time when no one else is arriving in a few hours of your arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), IYMS will book a ticket on an AC bus from Delhi to Rishikesh. The team will meet you at the airport, take you to the bus station in Delhi, and pick you again upon arrival in Rishikesh.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 25% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.