11 Days 100-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Transformative Yoga Teacher Training in Indonesia
Take your personal yoga practice to the next level by joining Brianna and Mimi in Bali, Indonesia, for a transformative 100-hour non-certified yoga teacher training course. This 11-day course will be held on November 17th 2019, or November 26th, 2019, in Ubud, Bali.
Swadhyaya Yoga School is a Registered Yoga School with the Yoga Alliance, USA. If you are a yoga practitioner with a steady practice of at least two years, who is ready to travel the world, and take your practice to the next level - gaining the ability to share it - then join Brianna and Mimi for this yoga teacher training course and Bali adventure.
Students joining Well Daily for their 100-hour certification are eligible to return to Swadhyaya Yoga School at a later date to complete their training towards the 200-hour certification. Eligibility to register with the Yoga Alliance, USA, for their RYT-200 designation follows completion of both Phases I and II of the 100 hour of training.
Students may apply their 100-hour certifications towards completion of 200-hour courses only at Swadhyaya Yoga School.
- Yoga classes
- Course fee and materials
- 100-hour certificate of completion
- Eligibility to register with Yoga Alliance
- 2 nature outings or excursions
- Daily vegan/vegetarian meals
- 10 nights accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Kriya Yoga
The course offers a balanced, quality curriculum designed to transfer knowledge of authentic yogic practices, as well as brand building strategies for success following certification. The curriculum remains faithful to the traditional yogic texts and practices.
This basic, immersive, intensive yoga course is intended for those who want to integrate and deepen their yoga practice and live their daily life in consciousness through an impartial and detached observation of their actions. Well Daily offers traditional Hatha, Ashtanga, and Vinyasa yoga during the course.
It is especially dedicated to people who want to start teaching yoga and need appropriate training and certification. However, everyone is welcome. Learning how to teach yoga with them during this 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course, in the welcoming nature of Bali, Indonesia, affords the student an intense spiritual connection away from the confusions and busy-ness of the world.
This course combines traditional Indian teaching with immersion in a yogic living, and will also include hands-on workshops and coaching on how to build a conscious brand and business. The 100-hour curriculum establishes the postures for the students, as well as introduces various Sanskrit terms for the asanas to student, without expecting the student to have a high degree of proficiency in their uses.
Beginner to intermediate instruction
In addition, students are encouraged to understand and utilize Sanskrit terms (in addition to English terms) when referring to each posture. Prerequisite: Some exposure to yoga through public classes or videos, with a minimum of two years of practice. Practice need not be consistent (i.e., one to three days a week). No prior teacher training certificate required.
- Yogic cleansing: Neti (nasal cleanse)
- Asanas: Effects, variations, of different postures
- Pranayama: Basic breathing practices
- Anatomy and physiology of yoga: Therapeutic benefits of asana and pranayama, precautions, and contraindications
- Anatomy and physiology of seven organ systems of the human body
- Yoga philosophy: Introduction to yogic lifestyle in modern times, historical evolution of yoga, paths of yoga, Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Teaching methodology for yoga: Demonstration of asanas and their variations. Classification, cueing and sequencing of yoga asanas as per traditional understanding based on Chakras. Adjustments of common mistakes and hands-on techniques
- Mantras, chanting, Mudras and Kriyas, lesson planning
- Yoga Nidra and meditation
- Teaching practice: Testing and sharing your teaching skills with your co-teachers
- Career: Business of yoga, communication skills, and safety norms
At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of participation which you can use towards completing your 200-hour certification with Swadhyaya Yoga School.
Sample daily schedule
Monday to Saturday
- 06:00 Wake up
- 06:30 - 06:45 Herbal tea
- 06:45 - 07:00 Kriya (nasal cleansing)
- 07:00 - 09:00 Mantra chanting, pranayama, and asana
- 09:00 - 09:30 Breakfast
- 09:30 - 10:30 Human anatomy, physiology, and yoga
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 11:45 Yoga philosophy
- 11:45 - 12:15 Lunch
- 12:15 - 13:15 Library time/self-study
- 13:15 - 14:15 Adjustments
- 14:15 - 14:30 Break
- 14:30 - 15:30 Methodology/movie/lifestyle
- 15:30 - 15:45 Break
- 15:45 - 17:45 Traditional yoga asana sequence
- 17:45 - 18:45 Meditation/Yoga Nidra
- 18:45 - 19:00 Break
- 19:00 - 20:00 Dinner
- 20:00 - 21:00 Self-study
- (Excursions on Sundays - no classes)
Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga Instructors from Swadhyaya Yoga School provide lifestyle and business coaching on an ongoing basis (for an added fee) after you have completed your training. You receive support, including assisting opportunities, advanced studies, business consultation/advice and internship/mentor programs.
What is included
- 10 nights accommodation
- Course fee and material (yoga mats and props available onsite)
- 100-hour certification
- Eligibility to register with Yoga Alliance, USA, as RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher)
- 3 vegan/vegetarian meals a day, tea, and water
- 2 nature outings or excursions
What is not included
- Fresh juices (available to order on-site)
- Transportation from and to the airport (can be arranged for an extra fee)
- Massages and spa services (available upon request at extra cost)
- Check-in Time:14:00
- Check-out Time:10:00
The yoga classes and daily meals will be hosted at The Ark Retreat Centre, and accommodations will be 5 minutes away at Bali Dream Resort.
- Amenities: Daily access to The Ark Yoga Shala, pool, and Wi-Fi.
Shared Villa at Bali Dream Resort
Overlooking lush gardens, this spacious villa includes a separate living, dining area and terrace. The unit features two bedrooms, and each will host two single beds.
- Amenities: En-Suite bathroom, Free WiFi, A/C, daily housekeeping, private kitchen
Private Room at Bali Dream Resort
Ideal for the yoga practitioner who prefers private accommodations, Bali Dream Resort Ubud Deluxe Room offers a tranquil and beautifully maintained property, along with cozy, warm and friendly accommodations.
*Amenities: En-Suite bathroom, Free WiFi, A/C, daily housekeeping, mini fridge
Bali Dream Resort is idyllically situated overlooking expansive and beautiful rice paddies in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. In addition to being close to shopping and eclectic cafes, you will find pleasurable dining experiences (Moksha, Zest!) and grocery stores within walking distance.
Things to Do
Students are encouraged to explore Bali in their free time on Sunday, as well as before and after the training. It's very common for students to link up for travel adventures after the training. The staff knows the area very well and is happy to provide guidance, and here are a few of Well Daily's favorite activities:
- Bali Swing
- Tirta Empul
- Sacred Monkey Forest
- Area tours and shopping
- Art and performances trips
- Day trips to the beach or mountains
- Dining in Ubud
- Rice field walks
- Trips to temples
- Volcano hiking
Traditional Balinese massages available upon request.
It’s no secret that the food we eat affects our yoga practice. Which is why during your course we will not only explore the sister science of yoga, Ayurveda, to understand food’s effects on our physical health, mental balance and spiritual well-being; but, we will also enjoy in vegan foods (no dairy, no eggs). Essentially, the delicious food we will enjoy is intended to promote purity of both body and mind. We will specifically be supporting a sattvic diet, which is intended to cultivate a calm, clear and compassionate mind.
Sattva is one of the guna’s (of which there are three total), and means balance, harmony, joy and intelligence. It’s what yogi/nis strive to attain in our yogic practice. Sattvic foods include whole grains, legumes, fresh fruits and vegetables that grow above the ground. All of the yogic practices were developed to create sattva in mind and body. Thus, practicing yoga and leading a yogic lifestyle strongly cultivates sattva.
Rest assured, we will be serving good, balanced meals, and our chefs expertly ensure enough protein is served during our meals.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
BRIANNA & Mimi
Multiple Instructors will be guiding you during each days session.
Location The Ark Retreat Centre and Eco Lodge, Sayan, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
Arrival by airplane
Arriving to Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar) DPS is the best option, and Well Daily is happy to assist in arranging transportation at an extra fee. They can also recommend some local booking apps that are very reasonable and reliable for transportation.
The path that The Ark is situated on is accessible by scooter only, so your taxi will have to drop you off at the end of the road and they can arrange for one of their staff members to meet you with a scooter to bring you and your luggage the rest of the way.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 25% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 120 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 60 days before arrival.