15 Days 100-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Certified Yoga Teacher Training India
This course is a part of standard 200 hours Yoga TTC of Yoga Alliance USA. It will cover Asanas according to Hatha and Ashtanga yoga styles, pranayama, meditation, mantra, yoga philosophy, yoga anatomy, yogic nutrition, naturopathy, Ayurveda, aura check up, chakra dis-balance, and suggestions about special Vedic practices and herbs. The course can be done first two weeks of the month for beginners and last two weeks of the month for experienced practitioners.
- Concentration and meditation
- Asana Alignment and yogic healing
- Deep study of breathing & mantra techniques
- Asana Hatha and Ashtanga vinyasa yoga classes
- Yoga philosophy & Ayurveda in daily life
- Excursion & Ayurvedic massage
- 14 nights accommodation
- 3 daily vegetarian meals
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Chakra yoga
Students who complete their subsequent trainings are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance.
The Vedansha Institute of Vedic Science and Alternative Medicine was founded by Yogachariya Dr. Sanjeev Pandey Ji. It was established to provide education in Vedic science, holistic treatment and support programs with yogic and Ayurvedic methods in common and non-curative diseases, and help humans control emotions, remove fears, improve their lives, find themselves in a society of modern technology, and open their power in order to feel harmony and happiness.
The institute is accredited by International yoga alliance USA and followed it's policy on Sexual Misconduct towards the client, that makes all their programs safe and secure for female students.
The institute keeps the ancient yogic tradition of Himalayan masters adapted to contemporary service requirements according to international standards of yoga education. Its teachers were born in yogic families and have scientific degrees in yoga, astrology, and Ayurveda. Its yoga masters have spent more than 90,000 hours on improving their practice of yoga postures and meditation.
Its founder, Dr. Sanjeev Pandey, has spent more than 20,000 hours in deep meditation in the Himalayan mountains. Vedansha collaborates with medical doctors and performs research in yoga and cancer in Germany. It also performs special healing programs for people with different diseases to support their health.
Its programs are based on centuries-old traditions and adapted to contemporary conditions that make its clients 99% satisfied.
- Human Life: Meaning & Aim of Life in ancient and modern time
- What is Yoga, introduction, history of development.
- Definition of Yoga according different concept of philosophy Vedanta, Bhagavad Geeta, Patanjali
- Introduction of Patanjali’s Yoga-Sutras
- Main 4 Paths of Yoga
- Karma Yoga
- As per the Bhagvad Gita ( karm, Akarm, Vikarm)
- Arjunas Question
- Renunciation of the fruit of action
- Surrender of the action and its effect to god,
- Concept of Action in inaction inaction in action
- Jnana Yoga
- Shravan, Manan, Nidhidhyasana,
- Knowledge of Self realisation ( Bhgvadgita 2. 20-24)
- Quality of a Jnani ( Sthitprajna BG-2. 55-57)
- Tool for Growth (BG-2.62-63)
- Indian Philosophies
- Darshan Philosiphy
- Three major heterodox schools—Jain, Buddist, Caraka
- Six major schools of orthodox Indian philosophy— Nyaya, Vaisheshika, Samkya, Yoga, Mimamsa, Vedanta
- Heterodox School (Nastika Darshan)
- Charvaka or Lokayata - philosophy of materialism and skepticism.
- No life after death, Religion is invented by man, Criticized Vedas, Intelligence Resides in the body, hell is the earthly suffering.
- Death is the end of all
- Bhakti Yoga
- Bhakti yoga according to Narada, Maharishi Parashar
- Panchmahabhav of Bhakti Dasya - Haunman, Madhur- Mira, Vatsalya- Yasodha, Sakhya- sudama, Santa- Yudhisthira).
- The nine forms of Bhakti (Navavidhā Bhakti Mārgas): Shravan, kirtan, smaran, Padsevnam, Archnam, Vandanam, Dasyam, Sakhyam, atmnivdnam
- Para and Apara Bhakti
- Raja Yoga
- Astanga Yoga
- Limbs of Ashtanga Yoga - Yama, Niyama, Asana , Pranayama , Pratyahara , Dhyana , Dharana , Samadhi
- Yamas (Ahimsa, Satya, Asteya, Brahmacharya, Aparigraha)
- Niyamas (Sauca, Santosa, Tapas, Svadhyaya, Isvarapranidhana)
- Concept of three bodies and it's role in yoga practice
- Introduction in Karma, Raja Yoga. Meaning, Types, role in yoga
- Kosha and it's role in Meditation & Pranayama
- 3 Nadis, Ida, Pingala, Sushumna. Their role in practice
- Panch-Klesha (Five Causes Of Pain & Miseries) / causes of succsess and failure in Yoga
- Water, Fire, Air, Space, Earth element and it’s role in yoga
- Buddha Darshan
- Four noble truths- (Dukkha, Samudaya, Nirodha, Magga)
- The Noble Eightfold Path
- Right understanding (Samma ditthi)
- Right thought (Samma sankappa)
- Right speech (Samma Vacca)
- Right action (Samma kammanta)
- Right livelihood (Samma ajiva)
- Right effort (Samma vayama)
- Right mindfulness (Samma sati)
- Right concentration (Samma samadhi)
- Conception of Karma, Rebirth, Law of Nature, Did not believe in God
Asana Hatha style
- Surya namaskara
- Backward bending postures
- Spinal Twisting Pose:
- Inversion Postures
- Forward bending postures
Asana Ashtanga Style Primary Series with Half Vinyasa
- Surya Namaskara Part A
- Utitha Trikonasana
- Parivrita Trikonasana
- Trikonasana Variation 1, 2
- Parivritta parshvakonasana
- Uthitha parshvakonasana
- Parasarita padouttanasana A,B,C,D
- Utitha hasta padangustasana A,B,C,D
- Ardha baddha padmotanasana
- Urdhva namaskar asana
- Uttanasana A,B
- chaturanga dandasana
- Urdhva mukha svanasana
- Andho Mukha svanasana
- Veerbhadra asana I, II
- Paschimottasana A, B,C,D
- Ardha baddha padma paschimottasana
- Triag mukhaiada paschimottasana
- Janusirsasana A,B,C,D
Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha
- Introduction to Pranayama, it's history and development.
- Main Pranayama Techniques & Benefits (Abdominal breathing, Preparational breathing, Kapalabhati, Nadi Shodana with/without retention Level I, II, Ujjayi breathing).
- The pranic body, its main treats, possible disturbances
- Parana energy and human’s lifestyle
- Breathe exercise, health and pranayama
- Kriyas (Body Cleansing Techniques): (Jala Neti, Kapalabhati, Trataka)
- Breath and increase life span. Hidden ancient techniques
- Kriyas (Body Cleansing Methods): (Jala Neti, Netra Shuddhi, Sutra Neti, Kapalabhati, Trataka, Shanka Prakshalana)
- Concept of mudra and bandha
- Moola, Uddyana Bandha, Jalandra Bandha
- Ashwani Mudra
- Dyana, Ajali, Prithvi, Varuna, Shakti, Gyana, Chin, Shambhavi, Khechari Mudra, Hansi mudra, Vayu mudra, akash Mudra, Shunya Mudra, Surya mudra
- Shatkarma (concept, aim, safety, performance)
- Meditation Practical Aspects
- Meditation and Concentration
- OM Meditation
- Trataka Meditation
- Yoga Nidra
- Sound Meditation
- Breath meditation
- 5 elements meditation
- Prithvi meditation
- Vayu meditation
- Jal Meditation
- Akasha Meditation
- Agni Meditation
- Nadis meditation
- Object bound meditation
- Guru Meditation
- Importance of Mantra for pranayama, asana and meditation
- Shiva Mantra
- 5 elements mantra
- So Ham Ham So
- Gayatri mantra
- Role of Mantra in Yoga Practice
- AUM Mantra
- Lakshmi Mantra
- Mantra for health
- Mantra for successes
- Mantra for children
Anatomy and physiology
- Introduction to muscular and skeletal system and their function during physical exercises
- Bones of Upper, lower extremity
- Bones of Skull
- Bones of Spine and pelvis
- Muscles of Upper, lower extremity
- Muscles of Skull
- Muscles of Spine and pelvis
- Joints of Upper, lower extremity
- Joints of Skull
- Joins of Spine and pelvis
- Correct performance of asana, assistance & adjustment
- Range of movement
- Body kinematics
- Postural defects and ways of correction
- Use of adjustment tools like breaks, straps, blankets, Iyengar planks for adjustment and alignment
Sample daily schedule
- 06:00 - 06:30 Wake up and cleansing
- 06:30 - 07:00 Shatkriya and herbal tea (yogic cleansing with Jala neti (special techniques of nose cleansing), pooja (mantra recitation & fire ceremony purification)
- 07:00 - 08:30 Asana Ashtanga Vinyasa class
- 08:30 - 09:30 Pranayama: breathing exercises
- 09:30 - 10:30 Breakfast
- 10:30 - 11:30 Yoga philosophy/ayurveda/teaching methology
- 11:30 - 12:30 Mantra chanting 2 weeks/ Sanskrit 2 weeks
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00 Free time
- 15:00 - 16:00 Yoga anathomy 2 weeks/asana alignment 2 weeks
- 16:00 - 17:30 Ashtanga Vinyasa/Hatha Yoga (theory & practice): number of physical postures according to study program
- 17:30 - 18:30 Yoga Nidra/ guided Meditation: guided relaxation practice, meditation and concentration
- 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner
- 19:30 - 20:30 Special event
- 20:00 - 22:00 Free time
- 22:00 - 06:00 Sleep
What is included
- 1 t-shirt with the school symbol
- 1 excursion
- 1 Ayurvedic massage
- 3 daily vegetarian meals plus herbal teas
- 14 nights accommodation
- Cleansing kit and a daily detox tea
- Full support during your stay at the institute and help provided 24 hours
- Herbs suggestions for well-being
- Mala string of beads energized by Ji Yogachariya and Dr. S.K.Pandey
- Short Aura check up
- Study materials
- Theoretical and practical skills
- Eligible to register with Yoga Alliance upon completion of this Yoga Alliance Registered School program
What is not included
- Additional activities
- Airport transfer
- Detailed aura check-up
- Detailled Vedic horoscope assesment
- Naturopathic consultation
- Other Ayurvedic procedures and consultation
- Check-in Time:13:00
- Check-out Time:12:00
Starting from January 1st, 2019, Vedansha are happy to offer absolutely great accommodation at reasonable price. Located in Tapovan, far from noisy streets and crowd in a newly built building, they offer single, shared twin, shared double, family suite and comfortable dormitory rooms. This type of accommodation will help you to relax and concentrate on your priorities of training.
There are a total of 12 air-conditioned and 4 non-air-conditioned rooms. Most of the rooms have a wonderful view on Himalayan Mountains. Each room has a big private bathroom and equipped with the following facilities:
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hot water
- Heater during the cold season
- Air conditioned
- Clean towels, bed sheets, pillow & bed covers and blankets
- Toilet paper
- Free filtered water
- Inverter and generator in case of light off
Vedansha also provide car parking and restaurant area.
Please note that sometimes the power goes off in the whole Rishikesh city area. During these moments, you will have light, air condition, Wi-Fi in your rooms because of the special electricity generator.
- Health Club
- Steam room
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Dining area
This training will be held at the Moksha Ashram and the Kriya Yoga Ashram in Rishikesh, India.
- Dehradun Airport (DED), 15 kilometers
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) - 6 hours
Things to Do
During your free time, you may go to the venue's library and relax reading a book or visit the spa center for a treatment. You may also book a private consultation for Ayurvedic or Naturopathic treatment.
During this training, you will be served three daily vegetarian and delicious meals. Every meal will consist of a special nutritious Ayurvedic and yogic menu developed according to the season. For the morning, you will enjoy a detox hot tea with special Himalayan herbs to make you stronger and improve your digestion. Other drinks will include herbal tea, black tea, masala tea, water, milk, and juice.
Please be aware that the meal & beverages that are included during the course program and package are special yogic & ayurvedic. If you wish to try other meals from the Indian or Italian Menu in our Vedansha restaurant, extra costs will be charged.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
During this training, 1 Ayurvedic massage is included in the price package. Other spa treatments are available, on request, for an additional cost.
Meet The Instructors
Sanjeev, Ashish, Awdhesh, & 10 Other
Yogachariya Dr. Sanjeev Pandey Ji is the founder of the Vedansha. He has a PhD in yoga therapy and naturopathy, and he is a Himalayan yogi from the seventh generation. 1990 -1995 University of Lucknow with the diploma of bachelor of science (ZBC) in biology. 2008 - 2011 Master degree in yogic science and human consciousness and become a Yogachariya. Since 1999, he began his teaching career in yoga in Rishikesh. Since 2016, PhD in yoga therapy and naturopathy. E-RYT 500 and member of IAYT (International Alliance of yoga therapy).
Ashish is a yoga master with a uniqueness that attracts the learners with his dynamic teaching style. He was born in a Vedic family and is a certified yoga teacher that has been teaching during six years. In this period of time, he had shown exceptional qualities of a yoga teacher in Hatha and Ashtanga style. He undertook the yogic training from the international school of yoga, Ved Niketan Dham in Rishikesh and gained the master degree in yogic sciences from the Sanskrit University in Uttarakhand.
Awdhesh is an asana teacher for Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga. He was born in Rishikesh, the capital of yoga. His yogic practice started from 2011 after he met various yoga masters who inspired him and encouraged him to come to yoga path. He began to study in Uttarakhand Sanskrit University yoga philosophy and started his own practice as well. He obtained positiveness, peace in mind, and physical health. Awdesh Semwal completed his diploma in yoga and other degrees in 2014.
Having studied Ayurveda and herbal medicine at Kanpur in the Kanpur University in 1966, Dr. Usha completed her internationally recognized bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery in 1997. Her competence is evident in her extensive and varied experience during the past 20 years, has shared her expertise as a lecturer of Kaya Chikitsa at Himalaya Ayurvedic College (Bareilly, U.P.), as a trainee physician in Arya Vaidya Sala (Kottakkal, Kerala), and Panchkarma specialist.
Pandit Shiva Ji or Jyotish Acharya is a famous traditional Vedic astrologer in Rishikesh. He is well qualified in astrology and Vedic science, he completed his Jyotish Acharya (master degree in astrological science) and Ved Acharya (master degree in Vedic science and Vastu Shastra) from Sampoorna Nanda Sanskrit University, Kashi (Varanasi), India. He worked with great Himalayan Astro Masters and he lives and teaches in Rishikesh, sharing his knowledge of Vedanta, astrology, and Vedic karma kand.
He is a master of yoga in traditional Hatha, Ashtanga, pranayama, and meditation styles. He lived in different ashrams during his childhood in north India and learned yoga from Himalayan masters. After he completes his master degree (Yogacharya) in Sanskrit University of Uttarakhand, he started to share his knowledge with his students. In free time Sandeep used to go to a spiritual place in Kedarnath and Badrinath to balance his energy and develop more in his practice. He is very polite and passionate teacher. He can teach either beginners or advanced students as well.
Hemlata Bahaguna (Yoga anatomy, and physiology teacher, physiotherapist). She was born in New Tehri, located in the Indian state of Uttrakhand. After school Hemlata entered in combined (P.G.) Institute of Medical Science and Research (CIMSR), Dehradun where she is graduated in Bachelor of Physiotherapy, during graduation she started working in the field of ‘Effect of physiotherapy on Rib-Fracture & Spinal-Cord Injuries. She is an expert in the field of yoga anatomy & physiotherapy. Hemlata Bahaguna was working in 2009-2010 CMI Hospital, Dehradun (Physiotherapy department & faculty of anatomy).
was born in Holy place and origin of Yoga – Rishikesh . He is practicing yoga since 2008. He is certified yoga teacher with Diplom from Sanskrit University of Haridwar. In 2013 he completed certification of 200 Hours of yoga alliance USA. He practicing Hatha, Karma, Bhakti, Mantra, Gyan, YIN yoga . These experience changed his life. Being a young boy he was learning yoga in Ashram from traditional yoga masters and implemented that knowledge in his teaching as well. Sonu follows yogic life style and 8 limbs of Ashtanga yoga. He is teaching beginners, intermediate & advanced classes.
Lakhiram is one of the best and talanted meditation teacher in Rishikesh. He was born in Himalayan Village and was dedicated for yoga. He completed his education in Himalayan Yoga Institute in Haridwar and choose meditation as main subject. Since 7 years he is teaching in different schools in Rishikesh meditation, mantra, kirtan.
Experienced spiritual master, yoga instructor. He born in Hariyana state in India. He completed the secondary education in HBSE in Bhiwani. His excellent notes in maths and physics gave him good opportunity to become a teacher of these subject, however the destiny offered another opportunity to him. After revealed of some health issues, where the medical science was not able to help, he started to search the holistic way of healing. Anth his path lead him in Rishikesh to Dr Pandey ji. He completed Bsc in 2015 and currently study yoga subject as additional subject. He is RYS 500, YIN Yoga
Vedansh Pandey (yoga teacher) is a son of fonder and yogi in 8-th genertion. He is dedicated to continue the vedic tradition of Pandey Ji’s family and be a yogi. He is practicing yoga since childhood, knows very well all types of fire ceremonies, kriyas, shatkarmas. He is RYT 200. He is follower of Bharadwaj Gotra line, keeps bramacharya and doing self practice daily. He masters asana, pranayama, meditation techniques under father’s control and integrate them in his teaching. He is permanent student of spiritual Anandam Gurkul and learns there from himalayan masters secrets of hatha yoga.
Jyoti is a professional female massage therapist. She completed her education in ayurveda therapy and massage in 1995 and performs massage to our female clients as well as shirodhara and other detox procedures as panchakarma.
Dr Dipak Saklani
Ayurveda doctor and teacher Dr Saklani practicing ayurveda and responsible for theoretical as well as practical classes in ayurveda therapy, cooking, massage. High qualified and experienced with practical exprience Ayurveda doctor and teacher is practicing ayurveda and responsible for theoretical as well as practical classes in ayurveda therapy, cooking, massages, Dr. Saklani complited Government Ayurvedic College, Gurukul Kangari Haridwar in 2010 (BAMS in Ayurveda, Panchakarma, SPA, Ayurvedic Medicines).
Location Moksha Ashram, #140 Badrinath Road Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttrakhand 249192, India
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL). Alternatively, you may book your flight to arrive at Dehradun Airport (DED). Transfer from and to this airport is available upon request.
Arrival by bus
You may choose the Volvo service from Delhi, however bus traveling could cause inconveniences to first-time travelers.
Arrival by train
Please take a train to Haridwar from New Delhi Railway Station. From Haridwar, there are many transport facilities available that will bring you to Rishikesh. Transfer from and to this train station is available upon request.
Arrival by taxi
Upon your arrival to either the Dehradun Airport (DED) or the Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), you may hire a taxi. Vedansha Institute of Vedic Science and Alternative Medicine has a transport package which covers the cost from Delhi Airport to Rishikesh by taxi and back for an additional cost.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 35% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 5 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.