23 Days 200-Hour Self-Development Yoga Teacher Training in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Yoga Teacher Training in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Are you ready to be a yoga teacher and open your self to help more people be part of the yoga community? Your journey of yoga can start on this Bali yoga teacher training with YogaUnion on their ninth year organizing this course. Get your knowledge, confidence, and skills to increase by training under a highly-experienced team of specialists and see yourself turn into a yoga teacher! From day one, you will start building your lessons.
- Daily asana practice
- Learn yoga philosophy and the art of teaching
- Courses on physiological and energetic basis of yoga
- Certificate of completion and letter of recommendation
- 22 nights accommodation in the ricefields of Ubud
- Daily vegetarian meals
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Yin Yoga
Upon completion of this yoga teacher training, students will receive a certificate of completion and eligibility for registering with YogaAlliance.
YogaUnion prepares you to become a yoga teacher specialised Vinyasa Flow. The primary aim of this yoga teacher certification course is to make a new generation of yoga instructors with a profound knowledge of Vinyasa yoga and the yogi way of living through a deeper understanding of their own practice and their own body.
The yoga courses is based on theoretical background on anatomy, physiology, pranayama, philosophy, and ethics of yoga presented in an interactive way of applying the knowledge on the daily asanas practice and the peer-to- peer observation and adjustment.
Learn to teach yoga with confidence in any mixed level class by having the appropriate information to build safe and creative asana sequences. You will learn all these in the most idyllic location in Bali, Ubud, the spiritual and yogic capital of Bali, surrounded by nature and wildlife.
The teachers will always be present in your practice, observing and suggesting for the necessary adjustments, corrections, variations and improvements. There will be daily alignment classes, to make sure that you practice with the correct technique and alignment so that when you leave the course, you have advanced your practice to a much higher level than you came with and can apply the theoretical knowledge in your own practice and teaching.
There will be observation and feedback on your personal practice and your own lessons, by teachers. This 200-hour yoga teacher training program incorporates training hours in the following educational categories and topics:
- Analysis of the 80 postures and more (arm balances, back-bends, and inversions)
- Modifications, other variations, and advanced variation of all postures
How to use yoga props:
- Block, bolster, strap, and blanket
- Wall in your yoga practice
The themed workshops will cover a wide range of asana keys like handstands, back-bends, inversions, and hip openers.
You will start to teach from day one. The building of the yoga lessons will be gradual and smooth, facilitating everyone to develop their talents. Teaching will also be progressive, starting with one-to-one lessons in the beginning and moving step by step to bigger groups of students ending up in full open classes.
Regular feedback is given by teachers and fellow students about your teaching so that you can improve and find your unique voice and style as a teacher. Some of the things you will do and learn include:
- Practice teaching
- Receiving feedback
- Observing others teaching
- Hearing and giving feedback
- Learn to give hands-on adjustment
- Teaching methodology and technique
- Principles of demonstration
- Observing, assisting, and correcting
- Instruction, teaching styles, and qualities of a teacher
- Voice projection and floor presence
The process of learning
- Planning and structuring a class
- Alignment and hands-on adjustment
- Dealing with injuries and safety precautions
- Business aspects of teaching yoga
- Pranayama, mudra, bandhas, and kriya
Pranayama (yogic breathing)
According to the great yogis, breath equals to energy flow. So through these morning classes, the trainees will get hands-on experience of how the breath works. Pranayama course will consist of the introduction, its aspects, pranic body, different types of prana, types of breathing, an anatomy of breathing, and yogic breathing. Moreover, various breath technics will be tested such as:
- Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing)
- Sheetali (cooling breath)
- Shitkari (hissing breath)
- Bhramari (humming bee breath)
- Ujjayi (the psychic or victorious breath)
- Bhastrika (bellows breath)
- Kapalbhati (frontal brain cleansing breath)
Discussion in mudra will cover introduction, types, hand mudras, head mudras, postural mudras, lock mudras, lock (bandha) mudras, and perennial mudras.
Bandhas (energy locks)
Discussion on bandhas will cover introduction, types, throat lock, root lock, abdominal lock, and great lock.
- Meaning of yoga, concepts, and history
- Yoga sutras
- The eight-limb path of yoga according to Patanjali
- Four schools of yoga
- Nadis (energy channels), chakras, and Kundalini
- Vedas and six systems of Indian philosophy
- The aim of yoga, modification of mind, mental disposition, different levels of preparation, meaning of Om, Kriya yoga, Samyama yoga, and Samadhi yoga
- Obstacles on the path of yoga, physical and mental disturbances caused by an unconcentrated mind, means to overcome obstacles, and methods to control the modifications of mind
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
This will include both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). This also includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc.). You will also learn practical anatomy with a major emphasis on muscular, skeletal and nervous systems and how they work together,with the help of projection slides and our beatiful real life sized skeleton models, Henry & Ann.
These topics are included as well:
- Introduction and different body systems
- Skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, and major joints of the body
- The foot, knee, pelvic floor, hips, spine, and shoulder
- Breathing and respiratory system
- 07:00 - 08:00 Meditation, pranayama, and chanting mantras
- 08:00 - 10:00 Vinyasa practice
- 10:00-11:00 Breakfast
- 11:00 - 13:00 Analysis of asanas, adjustments, and teaching methods
- 13:00 - 15:00 Lunch
- 15:00 - 16:45 Anatomy or philosophy of yoga
- 17:00 - 18:30 All styles of yoga lessons and time to make your own lessons with our teacher’s guidance
What is included
- Daily asana practice
- 200 guided teaching hours with professional primary instructors
- Learn the art of teaching and sequence structure
- Learn yoga philosophy, breathing techniques and meditation.
- Delve into the nervous, skeletal and muscular systems and their application to yoga
- Certificate of completion
- Manual of 400p, Textbook, YogaUnion fabric bag, and other printed course materials
- 22 nights accommodation
- 3 daily vegetarian meals, excluding Sundays
What is not included
- -Transportation with trusted local taxi drivers is available upon request (paid directly to the taxi)
- -Check in
- %1 p.m. approx
- -Check out
- %12 p.m. approx
- -Group size
- %Minimum 20 person.
- %Maximum 35 person.
- -Passport / visa
- %Citizens of most western countries receive a convenient 30-day visa on arrival at Bali's main airport, Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS). The initial 30 days can be extended by another 30 days, allowing for a convenient 60-day stay in paradise (2 months visa HAS to be requested and paid for upon arrival to Bali).
- September 1 - 23 September 2019
- September 29 - 21 October 2019
- October 28 - 19 November 2019
- November 24 - 16 December 2019
- December 18 - 9 January 2020
- January 12 - 3 February 2020
- February 9 - 2 March 2020
- April 5 - 27 April 2020
- May 3 - 25 May 2020
- June 1 - 23 June 2020
- June 28 - 29 July 2020
- August 2 - 24 August 2020
- August 30 - 21 September 2020
- Check-in Time:13:00
- Check-out Time:13:00
Gustis Garden 2 Ubud, Nirwa Karma Ubud Purnama home and Restu House & Spa are carefully selected as YogaUnion's official partners in accommodating and hosting students of YogaUnion training courses and retreats.
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Environmentally friendly
The hotels are located just outside of the busy center of Ubud, in a peaceful, magical sanctuary, beautifully nestled among the rice fields and lush jungle. They are designed in a fusion between contemporary and authentic Balinese architecture and aesthetics.
During your stay, you will get free Wi-Fi, hot water, private toilets, cleaning service and fresh towels. The hotels are embedded in lush vegetation, next to the open rice paddies and are located into a traditional and serene Balinese neighborhood, with only bikes allowed (no cars above the ricefield path)
Things to Do
The following excursions and activities are available in the area:
- Downhill biking nature tours
- Exclusive swimming pools
- Jungle hikes
- Temple trips
- Volcano sunrise trips
This course includes 20 vegetarian breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets, from Mondays to Saturdays. Sundays are excluded. Breakfast consists of a tropical fruit salad, daily choice of porridge, black rice pudding, or Balinese crepes, all served alongside toast and eggs, as well as coffee, tea, and juice.
The richly flavored lunch & dinner buffet offers a variety of local dishes, vegetable stews and curries, legumes and grains, as well as a choice of salads. The tasty home-made food is freshly prepared with local and mostly organic ingredients.
For Sundays, you have the choice between numerous restaurants and amazing health food places in downtown Ubud or around the ricefields.
Special food requirements such as vegan or gluten-free diet may be accommodated. If you have special dietary requirements, it's a good idea to communicate it beore making a reservation.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
Meet The Instructors
Ourania, Spyros, Himanshu, & 1 Other
Ourania, once a successful architect working in Florence, decided to follow her passion and devote herself to yoga. She started practicing with Giovanni Formisano in 1996 and completed her first 4-year teacher training in Hatha yoga. Since then she has accumulated thousands of hours following inspiring teachers in TTC, seminars, and workshops all over the world, including her beloved India where she still visits every year. Since 2010 she is running with success an international teacher training school, which now calls Bali home, helping to spread the love for yoga to everyone.
A track athlete in his youth, Spyros' love for the human body and movement led him to a career as an ASCM certified movement trainer and specialist. Having established himself, he felt something was missing and he found that in yoga, where he practiced closely under his senior teachers Ourania Bouzouki and Savvas Giantsis. After becoming 500 RYT and traveling the world gathering knowledge, experience, and inspiration, Spyros and Ourania founded YogaUnion Bali, a life-long dream and the place where he is able to share his knowledge and passion for movement, anatomy, Vinyasa yoga, and alignment.
Himanshu is a young and energetic yoga instructor specializing in Hatha and Ashtanga-Vinyasa traditions. He is 500 RYT and has a B.A. degree in Yoga and Naturopathy and is currently finishing his M.A. (Yoga) degree from Uttrakhand Sanskrit University in India. Through yoga, he wants to inspire people to set long term health and fitness goals for themselves and improve their well-being. He has been teaching various yoga styles classes, asana theory, adjustments, and yoga alignment in 200hr and 300hr teacher training courses since 2016 and is a valued member of YogaUnion Bali since early 2019.
Nikol, after graduating from law school, soon realized that this was not the path she was looking for. Searching for herself she started her journey with karate and martial arts, continued on to teach Pilates and Thai massage until she discovered yoga. Ever since then, she devoted herself to yoga and practiced different styles with different teachers from all over the world. Having more than a decade of experience in teaching, she now teaches mainly Vinyasa, Hatha, and Acro yoga, asana analysis, pranayama, meditation, and yoga philosophy, in teacher training courses.
Location YogaUnion Shala, Jalan Subak Sok Wayah, Ubud, Indonesia
Arrival by car/taxi
Cars have to stop before the rice field path on the way to our premises, which is accessible by foot or scooter/motorcycle. If you have booked a taxi with us, the driver will help you with everything. That long rice field path/road is the main street in our area and all the student’s bungalows, our Shala and the restaurant are there. YogaUnion neighbourhood is peaceful and serene so a respectful attitude is asked of you.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 15% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 60 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.