23 Days Unique 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training in
Teaching from The Heart Bali Yoga Teacher Training
Are you ready for more than just a yoga teacher training? Come join us and experience the magic of Bali! This unique training is located on the beach of the breathtaking Kampung Resort in Amed, Bali, the island of the Gods. Bali Yoga Wien's unique training will give you a solid foundation to become a yoga teacher, you will visit waterfalls and temples, and it can also be the next milestone in your life. Use it as a catalyst to transform your life into what you want to be.
- Daily asana practice
- A social project as Karma yoga
- Learn yoga philosophy and the art of teaching
- Courses on the physiological and energetic basis of yoga
- Personal development practices
- 200hr Yoga Alliance certified
- 22 nights accommodations
- 3 daily vegetarian meals
- Hatha Yoga
Upon completion of this Yoga Teacher Training, students will receive a certificate of completion and are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers. Registration with Yoga Alliance provides a globally recognized credential. This training is a 200hr Yoga Alliance Certified training.
The Bali Yoga Wien Teacher Training is for all those, who want to become a Yoga Alliance certified and internationally recognized yoga teacher, deepen their own yoga practice and knowledge, experience yoga as a holistic form of life, and follow the passions of their heart.
This training is apt for all styles and Bali Yoga Wien teaches most of the practices following the Hatha yoga Pradipika, or what is typically called Hatha Yoga today. However, you will practice and learn from experienced teachers who have extensively practiced and studied Iyengar yoga, Restorative yoga, Vinyasa flow, Hot yoga series, and Pregnancy yoga.
Annamaya kosha (the physiological basis of yoga)
- Asanas (three and a half hours daily yoga practice)
- Anatomy, especially for yoga teachers
- Nutrition, yogic lifestyle, wellness, and Ayurveda
- Practicing and experiencing different "styles" of yoga
- Development of your own personal practice or sadhana
Pranayama kosha (energetic basis of yoga)
- Pranayama (daily practice and in detail)
- Nadis, chakras, vayus, and mudras
- Meditation (daily practice and different "styles" of meditation)
Manomaya kosha (personal development)
- Personal goals, dreams, and miracles
- "My believe" structure
Jnanamaya kosha (yoga studies and philosophy)
- History and "lineage“ of yoga
- Yoga philosophy
- Study of yogic scripts and texts: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and The Bhagavad Gita
- Elementary sanskrit
- Social project
- Chants, mantras, prayers, and deities
- Development of your own personal daily "Sadhana"
The art of teaching
- Teaching methodology: ethics and didactic
- Speech and voice training
- Presence and presentational skills
- Professional conduct with your students
- Yoga as your "business"
Further practice (not part of the 200-hour certification, only for Viennese)
- Free membership for one month
- Three hours of assisting at Bali Yoga Wien
Sample daily schedule
- 06:30 Pranayama and meditation
- 07:30 Tea and smoothies
- 08:00 Asana morning practice
- 10:00 Breakfast and break
- 11:00 Theory
- 13:00 Lunch and break
- 14:00 Theory
- 17:00 Tea and smoothies
- 17:30 Asana sunset practice
- 19:00 Dinner
There will be two Sundays off during this training.
Bali Yoga Wien reserves the right to cancel any event (retreat or yoga teacher training) if necessary. In the event we are forced to cancel, you will be given a full refund. You must be present and participate to the best of your ability in all classes. Failure to do so may result in not being certified. If for any reason you are unable to attend any classes, Bali Yoga Wien will work with you on a one-on-one basis to reach a solution.
What is included
- 22 nights accommodation
- 3 daily vegetarian meals
- All courses mentioned in the curriculum
- All direct contact hours
- 3 assisting hours in the studio (for Viennese)
- Certificate of completion
- Free two-month membership at Bali Yoga Wien (for Viennese)
- Handbook and study materials with the exception of required reading
- 20% tax
What is not included
- Airport transfers
- Personal expenses
- Lunch and dinner every Wednesday and the last three Sundays
- Additional activities, tours, temples entrance, transport for tours
During this training, you will be staying at The Kampung. It offers fully-serviced and private two and three bedroom compounds each with their own living area, swimming pool, and kitchen. Antique village houses from Java are used throughout for bedrooms and other structures. These are traditional wooden village houses and all are original antiques that have been carefully restored and only slightly modified to be more user-friendly.
The hand-hewn wood beams and intricate carving used in these homes are the work of village craftsmen from a bygone era. The rustic design is reminiscent of a much simpler time and takes you another step away from the complexity of everyday modern life.
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Yoga shala
- Bicycle rental
- Parking lot
This training will take place in The Kampung, in Amed, Bali. The Amed area is a great place to experience Bali’s natural beauty and culture. A two-and-a-half-hour drive from the airport, the Amed area is a world away from the tourist centers of southern Bali and the stresses of everyday modern life.
Amed is a well-know destination for some of the best snorkelling and diving on the island. You can swim and snorkel directly off the beach in front of The Kampung or take a short boat ride to other snorkelling spots. Diving can easily be arranged with one of the many reputable dive shops in Amed.
Amed, and East Bali in general, is a great area to experience Balinese culture. East Bali is home to some of Bali’s oldest villages with ancient temples, rituals, and music. The Kampung is happy to help you arrange cultural interaction with the local village as well as trips to other villages.
- Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) - 2 hours and 30 minutes
Things to Do
What else is there to do in Bali besides yoga? There is a lot to do as Bali is an exciting place. Really never a dull moment. There are tours to temples and other spiritual and cultural Balinese sites, hot springs, water temple baths, hiking to waterfalls, biking through rice fields, surfing, diving, beach visits, snorkelling, boating, kayaking, and sunbathing.
There are also massages and spa visits with traditional Asian beauty rituals, such as body scrubs with herbs, special hair masks with head massages, flower baths with ancient herbs, and spicy steam. Also available are therapies such as CranioSacral or unique acupuncture and crystal bowls, visiting Balinese, and Javanese healers.
You can also go for a breathtaking white water rafting, elephant safaris, volcano hikes, walks, market visits, traditional dances, visits to other yoga studios, and famous courses such as ecstatic dancing in the Yogabarn.
Moreover, you can also spend your time shopping, visiting secluded beaches, mountain biking, visiting artist galleries, painting, stone carving, or just chatting with the Balinese while they go about their daily chores such as daily offerings. Just driving through Bali and looking out the window is an adventure in itself.
- Biking, mountain bikes, or motorbikes can be hired
- Day tours to other areas of the island
- Sunrise or sunset boat ride in a traditional fishing boat
- Trekking: Light day hikes or more serious trekking can be arranged
The weekend excursions (examples listed above) are not included. You can enjoy them yourself on your day off and Bali Yoga Wien will happily assist you with suggestions.
Bali Yoga Wien thinks it is important that in this training you get to know not only yoga but also Bali. As it is not only breathtakingly beautiful but has a lot to offer to learn and to absorb, which is an important part of the training.
Since Beate knows the island very well and speaks the language, you are not only safe and know where to venture to but this saves you a lot of extra costs in terms of transport, guides, and tourist misleading. The same goes for shopping. That is why Bali Yoga Wien has combined this training with exciting travel across Bali. The cost of the excursions is not included but the minimal for transport is usually 2 to 12 EUR.
During this training, you will be served three daily meals that are included in the price. Except for lunch and dinner every Wednesday, as well as the last three Sundays.
All meals are vegetarian and of the highest, and freshest quality. Bali Yoga Wien also offers raw cacao and green smoothies.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
One Balinese massage is included with your application; you can arrange the massage at the Kampung or at the spa that is nearby the village of Amed.
Meet The Instructors
Beate's yoga is based on a mixture of Iyengar yoga (which she has practiced intensively with the senior Iyengar teacher Olop Arpipi in Indonesia for many years), Therapeutic yoga, and intuitive Vinyasa Flow. She has a 500-hour certification from Yoga Alliance International that she acquired from 200-hour teacher training in Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center in Neyar Dam, Kerala, South India and 300-hour training in Vibrant Living Yoga in Bali (Vinyasa training).
Location The Kampung, Bunutan, Abang, Karangasem Regency, Bali 80852, Indonesia
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS).
Bali Yoga Wien suggests Qatar.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 20% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 60 days before arrival.