29 Days 300-Hour Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh, India
India Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
This is a fully residential course systematically designed with theory as well as practical classes. In the course, all the components of Hatha yoga such as asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, and shatkarma are discussed along with their implication into your day to day life. The course brings to students an understanding of yogic lifestyle which includes all activities right from they wake till they wake up the next time and how to be a smart yoga teacher.
- Daily yoga practices
- Asana and pranayama sessions
- Daily lecture on anatomy, philosophy, and others
- Theory and practical training on asana, alignment, and adjustments
- Personal time to join chanting, Kirtan, or relax
- Daily vegetarian breakfast and dinner
- 28 nights accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
At the successful completion of the course an aspirant will be conferred upon a certificate indicating that the aspirant is qualified to impart the techniques in which he or she has been trained. The student is eligible to register with Yoga Alliance USA and Yoga Alliance International.
The course is open to everyone. However, some considerations like medical, fitness and physical fitness will be considered. In case someone wants to join, SANATANA YOG SANDESH must be informed about the individual's limitation along with their medical report.
- Providing of the requisite completing training to the participant's endeavor to blossom into integrated personalities with the balance of head, heart, and hand
- Unearthing the true principles of Hatha yoga and their components to the participants in the easiest possible way
- To offer to the world at large well trained Hatha yoga teachers
Course standards and curriculum
Techniques, training, and practice, teaching methodology, anatomy and physiology, yoga philosophy, lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers, practicum, and business aspects of yoga.
During the course individuals undergo experiences which require those to be assimilated within for which Karma yoga is the best means. Depending upon the requirements, SANATANA YOG SANDESH may incorporate this as well.
Relevant yoga books
- Asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha: Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Raja yoga: Swami Vivekananda
- Prana and pranayama: Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
- Anatomy and physiology: not specified
Yoga teacher training and assessment
The entire yoga teacher training is the assessment of the students at all levels. However, there will be one practical and one written tests. Successful students in these tests will be conferred upon the teacher training certificate.
Preparation for the course or retreat
For all these retreats, you need to be prepared because during the time of the retreat you will pass through a lot of changes at physical, mental, and emotional levels. The classes are always gentle, according to the need and limitation of the aspirants yet effective. You will be having your body standing on feet and standing on the head as well.
From Tadasana (Palm Tree) to Sirsasana (headstand) and from Padangulinaman (toe bending) to Vrishchikasana (Scorpion) also will be in your journey but with a systematic approach.
SANATANA YOG SANDESH will do their best to bring to you all a broader view of yoga so you can practice and disseminate the same according to your own way. SANATANA YOG SANDESH is practitioners only and they will offer unto you the same practices.
Either you are to start your yoga journey, or you have been practicing yoga, or you have been teaching yoga; the retreat will fit you the most.
Some suggested practices
It is highly suggested to do some simple practices which you need to be practicing as preparation of your body, mind, and emotion for the retreat:
- Movements of joints (from toes to neck)
Do at least five times each joint.
Hint: All joints can be moved backward, forward, and it can be rotated clockwise and anticlockwise. So, this way slowly you have to practice these joint movements
- Practice of breathing (in Shavasana)
Abdominal breathing, start with 20 breathing the first day and maximum go up to 100 breathing.
Hint: Lie down on your back like a dead body with palms facing sky besides thighs. Keep your eyes gently closed, maintain the stillness of the body. Watch your breath for a few seconds then consciously expand the belly with inhalation and contract the belly with exhalation. One inhalation and exhalation constitutes one breathing. This way 20 breathings should be in one go then watch your breath and when your breathing becomes natural again follow the next 20.
In the first three days continue until two rounds only but in one week go up to 100 breathing in five rounds. After each round, take a pause and watch the breath then sit up gently from the right side of your body, rub your palms against each other to get them warm, put them on your respective eyes to relax your eye muscles, do it for three times and gently open the eyes.
The daily schedule starts at 5:00 a.m. All students have to wake up at this time except in some contingencies. The below daily programs are tentative and subject to change according to needs. All classes are held for five days in a week.
- 05:30 - 07:00 Personal practices (recommended ones)
- 07:00 - 07:15 Herbal tea / drink
- 07:30 - 09:30 Asana, pranayama, followed by relaxation
- 09:30 - 10:30 Mealtime
- 10:30 - 11:30 Rest
- 11:30 - 12:30 Lecture (anatomy, philosophy, etc)
- 13:00 - 13:30 Fruit / fruit juice
- 14:00 - 15:30 Meditation, relaxation: lecture and practice and vice-versa
- 15:30 - 16:30 Personal cleaning and Karma yoga
- 16:30 - 18:30 Asana, alignment, and adjustments: theory, practical training, and teaching practices
- 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner
- 19:30 - 20:30 Kirtan, chanting, video shows, personal time, and others (this is an optional session but participation of everyone brings a distinct harmony between everyone)
- 21:00 Bedtime
Yoga school rules
- All the classes for this retreat are to be attended. However, in case of emergency leaves are granted.
- Use of laptops, tablets, or mobile phones in the yoga hall is allowed for the sake of help in the study.
- During food time, it is better to maintain silence.
- Drinking water, mineral supplements, and others are allowed to bring to the yoga hall.
- You are requested to use the internet as little as possible in order to save yourself from distractions.
- Publishing of any recordings, photo, videos, audios of the retreat is subject to the approval of the founder of SANATANA YOG SANDESH.
- Any damage to the things in the yoga halls and the homestays caused by the student will be furnished by the student.
- Intimacy to anyone is the sole responsibility of the aspirant involved. SANATANA YOG SANDESH is in no way responsible for any pleasant or unpleasant happenings arising out of that.
- Use of alcohol, non-vegetarian items, intoxicant during the retreat should be avoided.
- In the wake of inappropriate behavior, SANATANA YOG SANDESH reserves the right to politely ask you to leave the retreat.
- Students leaving the retreat/course before its completion will not be refunded.
- Although Rishikesh is a tourist place, students are requested to respect the local culture.
- Modest dress covering shoulders, knees, and midriff are always respectful in Indian culture. Shorts, mini-skirts, sleeveless tops, clothes displaying your cleavage or belly-button save on the beach and tourist area might fetch unwanted attention and comments.
- Participation in selfless service (Karma yoga) is welcome. This is personal interest only.
- The above information is true to the best of the knowledge however some substantial change can be made according to the need and situation available.
Please read these above carefully since your joining to the course/retreat is acceptance to these.
What is included
- Private consultation
- A notebook and pen
- Yoga mat
- Jala neti pot
- 28 nights accommodation
- Required vegetarian food for 28 days
What is not included
- Flight tickets
- Airport pickup and drop-off
- Day tours or tours after and before the course
- Any other transport costs
- Students’ personal expenses
- Check-in Time:08:00
- Check-out Time:21:00
SANATANA YOG SANDESH arranges the accommodation for all courses and retreats in the best of their capacity. The rooms are sufficiently bigger, mostly shared, and very nice to stay in to feel good.
- Wireless internet
The retreat will take place at Tapovan, Rishikesh, it is a very ancient city in the Uttarakhand state of India.
There are nearby places such as Laxman Jhula, Ram Jhula, Ganga Beaches, Sivananda Ashram, Parmarth Niketan for Ganga Aarti. Students can go and visit many shops, book stalls, astrologers, priests, etc. Between Laxman and Ram Jhula.
During this retreat, you will be served delicious Sattvik (suitable for yoga) vegetarian North Indian food. SANATANA YOG SANDESH also provides filtered water for drinking purpose, please bring a water bottle with you.
General food and food timings
- 07:00 - 07:15 Herbal tea or lemon, healthy drink, honey mixed with plain water before the class starts
- 09:30 - 10:30 Mealtime. This food is your main meal so feel free to eat as much as you can easily digest. At this time, SANATANA YOG SANDESH serves rice varieties, chapatti (Indian bread), lentils (Daal or Sambar), salad, vegetable curries, and a dessert on certain occasions
- 13:00 - 13:30 Fruit / fruit juice (fruit bowl with juice / herbal drink / tea)
- 18:00 - 19:00 Dinner (rice varieties, chapatti (Indian bread), Dosa, etc), lentils, vegetable dish, salad, herbal hot drinks, and occasional deserts.
The above food timings and food are general idea and are tentative. There can be substantial changes according to the need. SANATANA YOG SANDESH provides food or kinds of food and arranges the timings of the food from the yoga course point of view. According to the yogic principle, there must be at least six to eight hours gap, between two meals.
On average heavy food like grains takes three hours to digest and fruits take 30 to 40 minutes to digest. Stomach-full food at brunch is sufficient for sustaining the body for long hours. At the same time, a light stomach is also required for the afternoon classes.
If you need to have something in between you can keep something healthy with you always. Rishikesh has many shops where you can buy a lot of healthy food. But make sure that your stomach is empty before you are doing asana and pranayama classes.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Other dietary requirements on request
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Amit, Satyanarayan, Rohit, & Others
About SYS: By the grace of the highest truth, Sanatana Yog Sandesh expresses itself as “A Traditional School of Tantra and Applied Yogic Science”. The word “Sanatana” means continuity and eternity whereas the word “Sandesh” connotes message. Therefore, Yoga at Sanatana Yog Sandesh is, exactly as it was and as it shall ever be. Sanatana Yog Sandesh serves the spirit of Yoga in its unadulterated, unmodified and unaltered form according to the needs and limitations of an individual irrespective of his/her caste, creed, cult, religion, nationality and what so ever.
In academic education, Satyanarayan completed his B.A. (Bachelor in Arts) from Bundelkhand University, U.P., India. He completed his YTTC 200 from Rishikesh to document his credential for Yoga Teaching. As he grew into his knowledge and experience, he taught Yoga at many Yoga schools in Rishikesh. He still teaches in Rishikesh and his classes are loved by people from all age group. In the year 2018, he chanced to visit Denmark where he conducted several yoga teaching workshops which brought to him international experience, acclaim, and excellence.
Rohit Kumar is an M.A., (Master in English Language and Literature) and LL.B. (Bachelor in Law) from Indian Universities as well as an ERYT 500 HRS. Tantra and Yoga have been essentials into his life. Having started Yoga classes at Yoga Sansthan (a Yoga Ashram) in his hometown, Begusarai, Bihar, on the invitation, he visited several places to disseminate the principles of Yoga along with its practices. Most of these teaching were in the Southern part of India and some countries of Asia. His classes concern mainly Hatha Yoga, Raja Yoga, Kriya Yoga, and Kundalini Yoga.
Sunil is a versatile man, a man of experience with myriad talents that one can be endowed with. Sunil has achieved a lot in his life which is an interesting story to listen to. At present, he holds an ERYT 200 and an RYT-500. He has established himself as a very famous teacher of Yoga in Rishikesh that eventually has taken the form of S.E.E.D. Yoga School. The school is the vision of Sunil himself, to offer different levels of Yoga Courses and Retreats. Sunil considers himself a world citizen. Though he lived around 2 years in Europe still for the sake of Yoga he felt Rishikesh be his heart.
Location Osho Vision Rishikesh, Badrinath Road, Upper Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249137, India
Arrival by airplane
In order to come to Rishikesh you need to land at Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL). Or you can also fly from your place to Jolly Grant Airport (DED) via Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) or other international airports in India. This way you can make your arrival to Cochin and from there to Fort Cochin.
According to Google, the distance from the Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) to Rishikesh is around 245 kilometers which are around 6 hours car-drive and the distance from Jolly Grant Airport (DED) to Rishikesh is around 25 kilometers which are 45 minutes car drive.
There are available car services at the airport that you can avail. If needed, SANATANA YOG SANDESH can organize safe airport pick up or drop back to and from airports. In that case, if students would be arriving one or two days before the course starts, SANATANA YOG SANDESH can coordinate to accommodate two or three students in one car comfortably to reduce the car fare and for a company on a long drive.
You will need to send SANATANA YOG SANDESH your confirmed e-ticket to let them know the flight number, airlines, airport, and arrival or departure timings, etc. SANATANA YOG SANDESH will confirm you the booking of the car or taxi by email. Their designated driver or staff will be standing at the airport with a placard showing your name and Sanatana Yog Sandesh (Yoga School name). There will be phone numbers to reach SANATANA YOG SANDESH in case of any difficulty in locating their person.
Arrival by taxi
At the airport, there are also government or professional car and taxi drivers to take passengers to different routes. It is recommended to avail these facilities when you arrive at the airport to come to Rishikesh. You can also bargain with the car or taxi drivers to give a cheaper fair.
Estimated taxi charges for airport pick up and drop off (from Delhi to Rishikesh and the other way around) is 4500 to 6000 INR (around 58 to 77 EUR). For airport pick up and drop off (from Dehradun to Rishikesh and the other way around) is 1200 to 1400 INR (around 16 to 18 EUR).
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 20% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.