27 Days 200-Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh, India
India Yoga Teacher Training Certificate Course
Rishikesh, India is a holy hub and the perfect destination for yogic retreat, adventure tour, and a walk on nature's beauty. Spiritual School of Yoga is inviting you to revitalize your body, mind, soul, and enhance your living style with 200-hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. Your passion to become a certified yoga teacher with the best practices in the ancient form of yoga and meditation will be taken care of by Spiritual School of Yoga Rishikesh!
- Daily practical and theoretical yoga classes
- Kirtan/Satsang/bhajan/spiritual discussion daily
- 2 Ayurvedic full body massage with Ayurvedic oils
- Yogic purification/shatkriya, pranayama, mantra chanting, and meditation classes daily
- Receive a cleansing kit, study and yoga material, and a bag with the school symbol
- 2 excursions to a special spiritual place in the Himalayas
- Opening fire ceremony and 3 daily Satvic meals
- 26 nights accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga
- Tantra Yoga
- Chakra yoga
What It’s All About
- Right yoga asana postures and practices; with this yoga course, you will be practicing and breaking down the yoga postures one by one. Instructors will help you to understand the correct alignment of your body and postures.
- Knowledge and understanding of anatomy are very crucial in learning yoga, you will be guided to become a good yoga teacher with a deep understanding of each and every posture.
- Everyone is encouraged to lead and conduct the practical classes to overcome the fear to lead.
- You will be trained with the proper understanding and delivery of yoga philosophy. The philosophy classes will provide a clear understanding of your yogic path that will not only be helpful in learning yoga effectively but also enable you to encourage others in their path as well.
- This training includes the most important aspect of yoga teacher training, like discipline. It will help you to understand yoga and what it is about; this will become a milestone in shaping you into the best yoga teacher.
Unique Technique for Yoga Training
Spiritual School of yoga's teaching methodology is devised to convey every minute detail of each yogic style along with a thorough demonstration, observation, and assisting students with a true ancient form of yoga. Instructors and trainers especially keep in mind the language barriers while explaining how to maintain, enter, and exit the poses while practicing yoga.
Along with practicals, theoretical discussion is an added advantage; this session ensures that you will become more than an instructor and will remodel you into an effective yoga teacher or facilitator. You will gain deepened insights not only about yoga but their teaching style as well and you will be creating an amazing yoga environment for learning.
Best Arrangement for the Best Yoga Teacher Training Course
Spiritual School of Yoga believes in “sharing and caring,” that’s why they are sharing the most friendly, peaceful, hygienic, and the best ambiance for you to stay at, where you will be highly cared with:
- Tasty, hygienic, and Satvic food
- Well-hygienic, lighted, cleaned, and peaceful living room
- Highly-skilled, trained, and certified yoga teacher trainers and instructors
- Best curriculum, syllabus, and schedule for training; including everything from entertainment to rest time to yoga time
Why Pick the Spiritual School of Yoga?
- Advance your personal practice and dive deeper into the knowledge of yoga.
- Experience yoga as a holistic way of life.
- Find your “dharma” and begin your journey now.
- Build up your own sadhana.
- Build up your own asana.
- This yoga teacher training course provides the best of what Rishikesh has to offer, including an amazing view of Himalayan mountains, the tastiest foods, eco-friendly and western standard accommodations, and a vacation of a lifetime; together with a deep style 200-hour yoga teacher training that will let you dive deep into yourself and into the ancient tradition of yoga.
- The curriculum is based on classical yoga using elements from the ancient scriptures such as Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Vedanta, Upanishad, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and Tantra yoga, combined with modern spiritual teachings.
- As a student at Spiritual School of Yoga, you will not only learn the art of teaching yoga asana but you will also gain a comprehensive understanding of the philosophy, lifestyle, and techniques of yoga while enjoying the Indian culture where the body and heart open easily, the mind relaxes, and your meditation becomes more profound.
- Spiritual School of Yoga believes that in order to become yoga teachers, one should progress on their own journey of evolution and this is what they will offer to you, a deep transformational process of growing, expanding, and learning. The school believes that each person should teach from a place of inner balance and harmony; from the knowledge they gained through experience, rather than borrowed from books.
- In the yoga teacher training, the school will help the students go into themselves, overcome their limitations and inner struggles, and find the internal yoga teacher that is already in them (as in everyone); they will do this through a deep process of self-inquiry, inner healing, and transformation.
Yoga Philosophy (Yoga Darshana)
Yoga Philosophy is the foundation of the yoga practice and is the key to earn yogic strength. Through the path of Vedanta Philosophy, you will establish a solid, well-rounded yoga practice.
- Introduction to the Himalayan Tradition of Yoga
- Introduction to the different Indian Philosophy
- History of Yoga
- Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
- Types of yoga
- Eight limbs of yoga
- Yamas and Niyamas(Ethics of yoga)
- Philosophy of Asana
- Concentration and its power
- 4 aspects of mind
- How to control the mind
- Samadhi and the goal of yoga
- Introduction to Bhagawat Geeta
- Science of Karma
- Indian culture and Spirituality
The purpose of mantra chanting in yoga is to generate vibrations and connect with the universe. Each mantra is special and rich with spiritual energy.
- Om Asato Maa Sadgamaya (Mantra from Upanishad)
- Tvameva mata ca pita Tvameva (Sloka on gods)
- Om Tryambakam Yajamahe (Mantra on lord shiva)
- Om sahana vavatu (Mantra from Upanishad)
- Guru Brahma Guru Vishnu Gurudevo maheshwara (Guru stotram)
- Yogena Cittasya (Sloka on sage Patanjali)
- Hare rama, Hare Krishna (Maha mantra)
Yoga Asana Session: Combination of Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa
Students will gain extensive knowledge of yoga postures and will increase their strength, flexibility, and discipline.
- Pawanmuktasana Series 1
- Pawanmuktasana Serie 2
- Pawanmuktasana Series 3
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
- Chandra Namaskar (Moon Salutation)
- Tadasana (Palm Tree Pose)
- Triyak Tadasana (Swaying Palm Tree Pose)
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Parivirtatrikon Asana - Revolving Triangle Pose
- Uttkatasana - Chair Pose
- Virbhdrasana 1 - Warrior 1
- Virbhdrasana 2 - Warrior 2
- Virbhdrasana 3 - Warrior 3
- Ardha Chandrasana - Half Moon Pose
- Vriksasana - Tree Pose
- Parvatasana - Mountain Pose
- Adho Mukha Svanasana - Downward Facing Dog
- Kati Chakrasana - Waist Rotating Pose
- Malasana - Squatted Yoga Pose
- Garudasana - Eagle Pose
- Baddha Konasana - Bound Angle Pose
- Rajkapoot Asana - Pegion Pose
- Bhujanghasana - Cobra Pose
- Urdhva Mukha Svanasana - Upward Facing Dog
- Setu Bhandasana
- Supta Virasana - Reclining Hero Pose
- Virasana - Hero Pose
- Vajrasana - Thunderbolt
- Ardha Matsyendrasana
ASHTANGA VINYASA YOGA
Coverage: Alignment, Drishti, Adjustment, Options
- Surya Namaskar A
- Surya Namaskar B
Full Primary Series
- Utthita Trikonasana
- Parivrtta Trikonasana
- Utthita Parsvakonasana
- Parivrtta Parsvakonasana
- Prasarita Padottanasana A, B, C, and D
- Eka Pada Padangusthasana A, B, C, and D
- Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana
- Virabhadrasana A and B
- Paschimottanasana A, B, C, and D
- Ardha Baddha Padma Uttanasana
- Triang Mukaikapada Pashimottanasana
- Janu Sirsasana A, B, and C
- Marichyasana A, B, C, and D
- Supta Kurmasana
- Garbha Pindasana
- Baddha Konasana A and B
- Upavishta Konasana
- Supta Konasana
- Supta Padangusthasana A and B
- Ubhaya Padanghusthasana
- Urdhva Mukha Pashimottanasana
- Setu Bandhasana
- Urdhva Dhanurasana
- Salamba Sarvangasana
- Urdhva Pindasana
- Urdhva Padmasana
- Urdhva Dandasana
- Baddha Padmasana
Pranayama (Breathing Practices)
Pranayama is an ancient yogic breathing technique that is used as preparation for meditation and is a vital aspect of practicing yoga. It improves the respiratory system and purifies the body and mind.
Week 1: Introduction of Pranayama, Benefits of pranayama, General guidelines
- Clavicular, Thoracic, and Diaphragmatic Breathing (Yogic Breathing)
- Nadi and Sodhana
- Surya - Bhedi and Chandra - Bhedi
- Sheetali and Sheetkari
Week 2: Sitting postures for pranayama sadhana
- Easy pose
- Siddha yoni asana
Week 3: Mudras (Yoga Gestures)
The practice of Mudra hand gestures is an ancient facet of yoga; performing gestures affects the energy flow of the body and can change a person's spiritual and mental characteristics.
- Jnana mudra
- Chin mudra
- Yoni mudra
- Bhairava mudra
- Shambhavi mudra
Bandhas (Energy Lock)
The practice of Bandhas expands the lung capacity and breathing capabilities during yoga. It also strengthens the entire body from the inside out.
- Mula and Maha Bandha Teaching
Meditation Session (Dhyana)
Meditation is a systematic practice that promotes physical, mental, and emotional tranquility with the purpose of reaching Samadhi (self-realization).
- Introduction to Meditation
- Breathing Awareness Meditation
- Om/Mantra Meditation
- Dynamic Meditation
- Tips for Developing Concentration
- Silence Practice
- Ajapa Japa
- Antar Mouna
Yoga Nidra (Psychic Sleep)
When a yoga practitioner moves through the various internal states of Yoga Nidra, a profound experience of relaxation occurs; this is called "Turiya," a sensation of pure bliss.
- Basic Relaxation
- Tension Relaxation
- Full Body Relaxation
Yogic Cleansing (Shatkarma)
Yogic cleansing exercises are important to learn how to incorporate your breath and meditate properly during physical aspects of yoga. It also removes the blockages in the energy channels.
- Kapalbhati - Cleansing the lungs
Anatomy Physiology and Psychology of Yoga Practices
The proper understanding of the physical body will help to prevent injury before, during, and after practice. There are two kinds of yoga anatomy: physical and spiritual; understanding both types are needed.
- Digestive System
- Respiratory System
- Circulatory System
- Nervous System
- Endocrine System
- Bodily systems
Guidelines in Studying Asana Anatomy
- Muscular System
- Skeletal System
- Muscle Functions according to Joint Movements
Students will take turns practicing their teaching skills by performing in front of their peers and teachers.
Assessments are based on
- Written Test
- Oral Test
A yoga teacher should efficiently perform the practical applications of class planning and preparation, students will learn how to create a positive and peaceful class environment for an enjoyable and transformative experience.
- Positive and conscious communication
- Friendship and trust
- Time management
- Qualities of a teacher
- Principles of demonstrating, observation, assisting, correcting
- Use of voice in class
- Mental and emotional preparation for teaching
- Class preparation
- Step by step class structure planning
Sample daily schedule
- 06:00 - 06:30 Wake up
- 06:30 - 07:00 Shatkriya (yogic cleansing) and herbal tea
- 07:00 - 08:30 Asanas practical class Hatha/Ashtanga style (depending on the week schedule): Learning the asana postures under the guidance of an experienced and registered yoga teacher
- 08:30 - 09:30 Pranayama: Breathing exercises
- 09:30 - 10:30 Breakfast
- 10:30 - 11:30 Yoga Philosophy/Ayurveda/Teaching Methodology
- 11:30 - 12:30 Mantra chanting (two weeks)/Asana Practicum and Methodology
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00 Free time
- 15:00 - 16:00 Yoga anatomy (two weeks) and asana alignment (two weeks)
- 16:00 - 17:30 Ashtanga Vinyasa/Hatha Yoga (theory and practice): Number of physical postures according to the study program
- 17:30 - 18:30 Yoga Nidra/Guided Meditation: Guided relaxation practice, meditation, and concentration
- 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner
- 19:30 - 20:30 Special event
- 20:30 - 22:00 Free time
- 22:00 - 06:00 Sleep
- 12:00 Checkout (Last day)
Please note that the timetable can be changed according to the teaching process.
What is included
- Yogic purification/shatkriya daily
- Daily practical and theoretical Hatha yoga classes
- Daily practical and theoretical Ashtanga yoga classes
- Pranayama class daily
- Mantra chanting class daily
- Meditation class daily
- Opening fire ceremony
- Kirtan/Satsang/bhajan/spiritual discussion daily
- Satvic breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily
- 26 nights accommodation
- Cleansing kit
- Study and yoga material
- Bag with the school symbol
- Rudraksha string mala energized by mantra
- 2 Ayurvedic full body massage with Ayurvedic oils
- 2 excursions to a special spiritual place in the Himalayas
- Transportation to excursions
- 24-hour support for any work during your complete stay
What is not included
- Aiport transfers
- Extra nights of accommodation
- Taxi service
- Extra massage
- Extra excursions more than mentioned above
The training is available to start on the 1st and 16th of each month. If you want to change the start date, please send Spiritual School of Yoga an inquiry so they can customize your request.
- Check-in Time:16:00
- Check-out Time:12:00
During the course, you will be staying at the Spiritual School of Yoga, Rishikesh, India. The retreat center is situated in the heart of the Rishikesh, next to the famous hanging bridge and the holy Ganga River. The retreat center is peaceful and surrounded by beautiful green mountains. The school has a yoga hall, a dining area, and a beautiful green garden in front of the reception.
Everything is close by the retreat center such as shops, cafes, restaurants, ATM, healthcare, organic stores. Spiritual School of Yoga has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, beautifully decorated rooms, and lots of comfy chill-out areas. You can relax with a book on the terrace, have a dip in the holy river Ganga, chat with your fellow guests in the bright open lounge, or sit and enjoy the view to the mountains from the terrace.
The eco-friendly resort is powered by nature. If you are there in season, you will taste some of the delicious fruits and vegetables that are grown in the natural environment. Spiritual School of Yoga offers single and double rooms based on the client’s requirements. Every room has an attached bathroom with a western toilet and a hot shower, and a balcony with mountain or garden view.
The rooms for the yogis are well-maintained and clean. The school offers bed sheets, pillows, bath towels, toilet paper, blanket, and welcome amenities upon arrival. Good Wi-Fi is included on every floor and laundry service is also available at a minimum cost.
- Vitality Deluxe Rooms/Suite - Has large en-suite bath, deluxe bed, and a beautiful shower
- Private Room - Has a double bed for couples and friends, private bathroom, and a terrace with lovely seating; a bright and beautiful room
- Serenity Room - A private room with a single bed and private bath
- Twin Room - Has two single separate beds and a shared bathroom; a bright and beautiful room
Yoga and meditation are the most ancient practices to keep the body, mind, and soul healthy and pure. These are the most eminent ways to cure physical, mental, and emotional illness. In fact, at this modern age, when most of the people are very tensed and depressed, the school offers special treatment via yoga, meditation, and Ayurvedic medicine and therapies; people also visit here for spiritual rejuvenation.
Here, a team of trainers, therapists, and doctors are present to give you an immense experience of various forms of yoga and postures, meditation and nidras, and Ayurveda treatment. Ashtanga yoga, Vinyasa yoga, and Hatha yoga; trainers are experienced and well versed in all forms of yoga and let you learn and help you practice with an introduction of all benefits and importance. Likewise, you will get into a deep journey of meditation for extreme mental peace and boost your life with all good and energetic thoughts.
Similarly, Ayurvedic treatment and therapies are not only for illness treatment, anyone will find it beneficial even if you are interested in the best rejuvenating spa therapy. The main focus is to let you find peace of mind, boost in energy, refreshment of thought, and rejuvenating life.
As the Spiritual School of Yoga are willing to offer you the world’s best services and treatment to boost your lifestyle, you are promised to be served with the best services and amenities. During your stay, the school will take special care of your food, living place, and other amenities. Good food, beautiful natural ambiance, and very amiable people; what else do you need to get a refresh in life? The school is working hard to make your every stay special.
Why Choose Spiritual School of Yoga?
The school is not only running the retreat center where they organize yoga and meditation classes, etc. but they want to create a community in which people will feel like they have their second home in Rishikesh.
- Beautiful Surroundings
- Spiritual Environment
- Beautiful Yoga Hall with Ganga View
- Surroundings with Mountains
- Experienced Teaching Staff
- Prominent Location
- Hygienic Food Area with A/C
- Beautiful and Luxuries Rooms
- Friendly Staff
- Hot spring
- Steam room
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Dining area
- Environmentally friendly
The center is among nature, there is Holy Water River, a mountain, and an extensive group of greeneries where you will truly feel the beauty of nature and extensive peace of mind. Natural scenic beauty itself makes you feel healthier and happy plus the treatment will take you to an upper level of rejuvenation and allow you to live a healthy and refreshing life.
Things to Do
Taxi and extra activity
Three tasty, hygienic, and Satvic food are included in the package. The school only serves Satvic food that will boost your yoga and meditation practices. It is well said that your food hinders what’s in your mind and your food helps you to think good and do good.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
The following drinks are included:
Two Ayurvedic full body massages with Ayurvedic oils are included in the package.
Meet The Instructors
Deepika, Abhishek Jaiwal, & Dr. Sachin Dua Ayurvedic Doctor -BAMS
Yoga Alliance USA (Yoga) The founder of Spiritual Life home is Yogini Deepika Sharma born in Rishikesh, known as the city of Divine.She was born in Vedic family from the childhood Yogini Deepika came to know about the spiritual culture, Sanskrit language divine powers, meditation,mantra etc. She completed Bachelor degree in Science (ZBC) and Master degree in Business administration.she complete her 200 hours teacher training course and get registered by yoga alliance USA to just spread her knowledge and experience with true and full dedication in whole world.
Mr.Abhishek Jaiwal, the General Manager he is taking care of all management responsibilities of Spiritual Life Home. He belongs to Brahmin family complete his Bachelor degree in Science (Zoology Botany Chemistry) with 1st division and Master degree in Business administration with 1st division. He is a registered yoga teacher from yoga alliance USA for 200 hours.He is very polite in nature and ready to help to everyone in any problem. He loves to share his spiritual knowledge and is an excellent promoter of the spiritual knowledge, which is beyond normal understanding of human life.
Dr. Sachin Dua Ayurvedic Doctor -BAMS
Doctor Sachin Dua is an acclaimed Ayurvedic Physician qualified from Maharshi Dayananda University, India.He attained his Ayurvedic Degree -Ayurvedacharya (BAMS) from M.D University followed by a Post Graduate Degree in.alternate Healing and Panchakarma.He is known for blending ancient knowledge of Ayurveda with modern practice and pulling on a variety of Methods.He has successfully worked at Ayurveda Rishikesh treating thousands of patients from across the globe.He has unified approach to health and work closely with his patients to find a meaningful solution to their problems.
Location Spiritual School of Yoga, Rishikesh Resort, Ground Floor, Near Deecon Valley, Rishikesh, Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand 249192, India
Arrival by airplane
Please arrange your flight to arrive at Jolly Grant Airport (DED). Transfers from this airport can be arranged at an additional cost of 18 USD.
Arrival by train
You can take a train from Delhi to Haridwar and they a bus and taxi to Rishikesh. For more information, please send Spiritual School of YOga an inquiry.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.