32 Days 300-Hours Scholarship Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Yoga Teacher Training India
Take another step in your journey as a yoga teacher through an intensive 300 hours YTT in Rishikesh. Akshi Yogashala takes you more deeply into the yoga philosophy, yoga science and intense asanas, meditation and pranayama to polish your skills and fashion you more precisely for your career as a yoga teacher. The course meets the standards of Yoga Alliance. The course is suitable for students who have passed their 200 hours YTT or have basic knowledge of yoga. The course would be an integration of the holistic tenets of yoga with the feeling of spiritual existence through meditation.
- Daily meditation and yoga classes
- Nidra yoga and sun salutation sessions
- Yoga philosophy, mantras, and mudras sessions
- Anatomy, mental, emotional and spiritual workshops
- Weekend cultural, social and fun activities
- Daily Ayurvedic prepared food
- 31 nights' accommodation
- Excursions and trips
- Hatha Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga
Students who complete their training are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®).
- Advance Hatha yoga practice
- More focused on Intermediate and advance Asana
- Dynamic Sun Salutation with Beeja Mantra to effect inner sheaths
- Vinyasa flow
- Revision of the Primary AstangaVinyasa Series.
- Practice of the complete Intermediate series of AstangaVinyasa.
- Moon Slutation with mantras
- Revision of basic Pranayama Practices
- Advance and Intensive Practices of Bhastrika, Kapalabhati, Ujjayi, Surya Bhedi etc.
- Uses of Bandhas to uplift parana
- BhutaShudddi (Purification of five elements) Pranayama Practices
- Subtle Pranayama series up to level 4
- Sushumna Pranayama Series
Alignment And Adustment
- Learning to minimize the effort in asana
- Focusing on the “Six Steps of Asana Practice” according to hatha yoga
- Protection for the joints
- How to maintain center of gravity to balance the weight of body
- Modification of Asanas as per the Physical limitations
- Use of Inhalation, exahalation, retention to protect the body
- Different modification and adjustments for important and sensitive asanas
- Art of adjustment without forcing body
- Proper uses of props
Shatkriya (Cleansing Practices)
- Practice of water Neti
- Practice of Sutra Neti
- Practice of Kunjala to clean stomach
- Practice of ShankhaPracshala to purify the whole body
- Advance practices of Inner trataka
- Practice of Nauli and Agnisara
Meditation And Relaxation
- Deep Meditation practices for manaomayakosha
- Different types of meditation practices for individuals from VijnanaBhairavaTantra
- Emotional purification through Meditation
- Sushumna Meditation
- Heart center meditation
- Silence observation
- Meditation in Movement(contemplative walking)
- Sweeping breath practice
- Intermediate and some advance practices of Yoga Nidra
- Purification of dreams
- Deep point to point relaxation with color visualization
- Spinal Breathing
Kundaliniand Nada Yoga
- Explaination of Kundalini and chakras.
- Practices to balance energy for the primary stage of kundalini
- Sushumna Awakening techniques
- Pranayamasfor cleaning the nadis to move kundalini
- Asanas to awaken chakras
- Kundalini meditation
- Mantra chantings
- Practice of Beeja Mantra
- Had and Anhad Nada
- Nada discovering practices
- Pulse and Dosha (Constitution) diagnosis
- Six Tastes and their effects on Doshas
- Preparation of Ayurvedic food
- Effect and uses of common Herbs
- Special yogic practices for balancing Doshas
- How to nourish Prana, Ojas and Tejas
- How to remove the causes of suffering
- Explanation of eight limbs of yoga
- How should one practice to get the best result?
- What is Samadhi?
- How we can get perfections
- What is karama yoga and renunciation of fruits
- What is stable wisdom and how to attain it
- What is the path of devotion?
- How to control senses
- Causes of emotions
Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- History of Hatha Yoga and Natha Traditions
- Main practices of Hatha Yoga to ascend to Raja Yoga
- Supportive elements and obstacles for Yogis
- Nadanusandhana (Discovery of Sounds)
- Description of Kundalini, Chakras and nadis from tantras
- Study of Yantras and their effects
- Four Purushartha (object of human pursuit)
- Four Ashrams (stages of Life)
- Basic study of Shiva Sutra
- The subtle aspects of breath of SwarodayaTantra
Anatomy And Physiology
- Higher study of yogic physiology (Chakra, Nadis etc.)
- Biomechanics of joints
- Musculoskeletal system. Functions of spindles and Golgi Tendons.
- Effects of yogic practices on Musculoskeletalsystem
- Study of Nervous System and yoga effect on it
- Connection of plexus, chakras and Glands. How to activate them through yogic practices
- Endocrine system and effect of yogic practices on it
- Digestive system and effect of yogic practices on it
Yogic management of common Physical and Emotional Problems (Yoga Therapy)
- Basic principles of Yoga Therapy
- Limitations of yoga therapy
- How to make common Physical problem diagnosis
- Yogic management for simple psychological problems like stress, anger anxiety, fear, depression etc.
- Yogic management of common Somatic problems like sinusitis, diabetes, blood pressure, digestive issues, spinal disk injury etc.
- Alignment principles & modifications for advanced elements of practice
- Techniques for safely guiding students in and out of more advanced poses
- Sequencing practices according to age, gender, flexibility, experience *Emergency protocol
- How to instruct the students with proper words and voice pitch
What is included
- 31 nights comfortable stay
- Books for self reading
- Daily workshop and classes including retreats
- Excursions and trips
- Free Wi-Fi
- Group discussion
- Indian Ayurvedic prepared meals
- Certificate of completion
Yogashala provides airy and spacious rooms on twin sharing or individual basis as per the preference of the students. All rooms have modern facilities with clean attached bathrooms. You will get an ashram like feeling and peace.
Ashrams usually represent a return to a simpler way of living, which is very different to a hotel. Generally there is a more communal atmosphere and often an expectation that guests will pitch in with whatever needs doing.
- Yoga shala
- Wireless internet
Akshi Yogashala is nestled in the Himalayas in Rishikesh and near river Ganges to provide you serene, pure and sacred environment. It is a place where the religious hymns resonate in the air to bless your soul.
The 300-hour yoga program includes nutritious and healthy vegetarian diet for the students. The food will be provided three times a day and prepared by Ayurvedic chefs. The purpose is to provide healthy and delicious food which balances your body constitution and meets the need of the yogic program. Strict menu is followed to detoxify the body.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
The following drinks are included:
Meet The Instructors
Vivek, Sanjeev, Sandeep, & other
As a young boy, Sri Vivek’s passion for yoga was quickly obvious to father, who started him on the path to understanding. His thirst for knowledge led him to 15 years of living in an ashram, and into the Himalayas to study yoga and philosophy. Inspired by his burning desire to learn, the sages welcomed him and taught him mystic ways unknown to many. Today, Sri Vivek is pursuing his Ph.D. in yoga, with a goal to never stop learning and dedicate himself to humanity.
Sanjeev Pandey Ji
Yogacharya Sanjeev Pandey Ji is a very popular pranayama teacher in Rishikesh whose teaching style is enough to attract people to learn pranayama. The techniques he uses to teach pranayama are so impactful that no student is left without becoming a perfect master of this breathing form. His love for yoga was so intense that he even left his running business and started a life of a true yogi. He adopts the basic tenets of Hathayogapradipika, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, and Gheranda Samhita in his teaching methodologies which make them so unique and interesting.
Sandeep Pandey Ji
Yogacharya Sandeep Pandey Ji is a master of meditation and pranayama. He had learned meditation and relaxation techniques from the different ashrams of Rishikesh which made him have a deeper insight into the many aspects of this art. He started his yogic journey as a disciple of Guru Swami Veda Bharti Ji in the Rama Sadhaka Ashram when he was only 11 years old. He is now pursuing Ph.D. in Yoga and is also now teaching the meditation and pranayama to the aspiring yogis.
Rahul Ji is a passionately committed teacher of yoga, having diligently internalized all aspects of yogic knowledge. After growing up in a small village on the outskirts of Delhi in an encouraging yogic family, he pursued a career as a concept designer in Delhi. Outside of work, he continued his spiritual growth through his own studies of ancient texts and scriptures. Soon, a series of experiences illuminated to him transcendental truths that inspired him to leave his job and immerse himself in the sacred yogic world.
Location Akshi Yogashala, Raam Jhula, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249201, India
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL). Alternatively, you may book your flight to arrive at Dehradun Airport (DED). Transfer from and to this airport is available upon request.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 25% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.