27 Days 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training and Cooking Classes in Rishikesh, India
Cooking and Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh
During this training, you will study asanas according to Hatha, Ashtanga, Iyengar style, pranayama, meditation, yoga philosophy, Ayurvedic cooking, mantras, anatomy, yogic nutrition, practicum, teaching methodology, and get information about your aura problems. Join your hosts in India and become a yoga teacher. Save money and apply for the scholarship programs!
- Daily yoga class
- Excursions in Himalaya
- Daily meditation sessions
- Ayurvedic massages and cooking classes
- Eligible to register with Yoga Alliance upon completion of this Yoga Alliance Registered School program
- Short aura check-up sessions
- 26 nights accommodation
- Daily meals and drinks
- Hatha Yoga
- Yin Yang Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Nidra Yoga
- Iyengar Yoga
- Kriya Yoga
- Yin Yoga
Students who complete their subsequent trainings are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®).
The Vedansha Institute of Vedic Science and Alternative Medicine was founded by Yogacharya Dr. Sanjeev Pandey Ji. It was established to provide education in Vedic science, holistic treatment, and support programs with yogic and Ayurvedic methods in common and non-curative diseases and help humans control emotions, remove fears, improve their lives, find themselves in a society of modern technology, and open their power in order to feel harmony and happiness.
The institute is accredited by International Yoga Alliance USA and followed its policy on sexual misconduct towards the client that makes all their programs safe and secure for female students. The institute keeps the ancient yogic tradition of Himalayan masters adapted to contemporary service requirements according to international standards of yoga education. Its teachers were born in yogic families and have scientific degrees in yoga, astrology, and Ayurveda.
Its yoga masters have spent more than 90,000 hours on improving their practice of yoga postures and meditation. Its founder, Dr. Sanjeev Pandey, has spent more than 20,000 hours in the deep meditation in the Himalayan mountains.
Vedansha collaborates with medical doctors and performs research in yoga and cancer in Germany. It also performs special healing programs for people with different diseases to support their health. Its programs are based on centuries-old traditions and adapted to contemporary conditions that make its clients 99 percent satisfied.
Yoga philosophical aspects
- Human life: Meaning and aim of life
- Yoga - Introduction or its origin and development
- Introduction of Patanjali’s yoga-Sutras
- Limbs of Ashtanga yoga; Yama, Niyama (social and personal rules and regulations) asana (physical posture), pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Concept of three bodies and its role in yoga practice
- Introduction in Karma and Raja yoga: meaning, types, role in yoga
- Kosha and its role in meditation and pranayama
- Earth element affirmation in sutras
Yoga - practical aspects
- Natural relaxation asana
- Natural standing asana with external rotations
- Forward bending asana
- Backward extensions
- Spinal twisting asana
- Inverted asana
- Balancing asana
- Meditation asana
- Thunder-bolt (vajrasana) group asana
- Lotus (Padmasana) group asana
- Asana concept and master sequence
Asana in Ashtanga practice
- Surya Namaskara part A and B
- Utitha Trikonasana
- Parivrita Trikonasana
- Trikonasana variation 1, 2
- Parivritta parshvakonasana
- Uthitha parshvakonasana
- Parasarita padouttanasana A, B, C, D
- Utitha hasta padangustasana A, B, C, D
- Ardha baddha padmotanasana
- Urdhva namaskar asana
- Uttanasana A, B
- Chaturanga dandasana
- Urdhva mukha svanasana
- Andho Mukha svanasana
- Veerbhadra asana I, II
- Paschimottasana A, B, C, D
- Ardha baddha padma paschimottasana
- Triag mukhaiada paschimottasana
- Janusirsasana A, B, C, D
- Marichyasana A, B, C, D
- Bhuja pidanasana
- Bhuja pidanasana
- Supta Kurmasana
- Garbha pindasana
- Badha konasana A, B, C
- Upavistha konasana A, B
- Suptapadangustasana A, B, C
- Hatha yoga postures
- Backward bending postures
Spinal twisting pose
- Meru Vakrasana
- Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Parivrita Janusirsasana
Standing balancing pose
- Utitha hast pada angusthasana
Forward bending postures
Pranayama and mudras
- Introduction to pranayama
- Basic pranayama techniques and benefits (abdominal breathing, preparational breathing, Kapalabhati, Nadi Shodana with or without retention, Ujjayi breathing, Bramari, Bhastrika, Shitali, Shitkari, Surya Bheda and Chandra Bheda, Ujja)
- The pranic body
- Parana and lifestyle
- Breath, health, and pranayama
- Breathing and life-span
- Sitting positions for pranayama
- Kriyas (body cleansing methods): (Neti, Kapalabhati, Trataka, Shanka Prakshalana)
- What is mudra and bandha
- What is Ashwini mudra, its role in the energy body
- Dyana, Ajali, Prithvi, Varuna, Shakti, Gyana, Chin, Shambhavi, Khechari Mudra, Hansi mudra, Vayu mudra, akash mudra, Shunya mudra, Surya mudra, Jalodarnashak mudra, Apan mudra, Pran mudra, shankh mudra, Apan Vayu mudra, Ling mudra, Dhyan mudra, Lotus mudra
- Moola, Uddyana Bandha, Jalandra
- Shatkarma (concept, aim, safety, performance)
- Obstacles in pranayama practice
- Standard meditation practice (Om meditation, Trataka, yoga Nidra, sound meditation, mantra meditation, nadis meditation, five elements meditation, breath meditation, Hamso meditation, Ajapa or japa, Ida or Pingala spinal rotation, Hridayakasha Dharana, Panchaprana Dharana, Pranava Dhyana)
- Visualisation and concentration
- Obstacles in meditation
- Concept of meditation step by step
- Postures for meditation practice
- How to integrate meditation in yoga class?
- How to choose an object for meditation?
- Standard mantras (Guru, Ganesh mantra, Shakti mantra, Gayatri mantra, Shanti mantra, Shiva mantra, five elements mantra, So Ham, AUM, Lakshmi mantra, Vishnu mantra, the mantra for health, business, children)
Anatomy and physiology
- Detailed explanation of muscular, skeletal system, nervous, gastrointestinal, respiratory system, and their function
- Biomechanics of asana joints and range of motions
- Theory of gravity and muscles function
- Connection of movement and breath body axis and movement
- How to maximize the movement
- Injuries in yoga class
- Assessment of mobility
Yoga therapy or Ayurveda
- Using of number of yogic or ayurvedic methods in supporting and treatment of some diseases
- What is Ayurveda
- Concept of three dosha
- How to identify the dosha
- Six tastes and their function for the balance of body and mind
- Explanation of Srotas - body channels and their role in digestion
- Explanation of Ama - toxins and its influence on digestion
- Explanation of Agni - digestive fire and its influence on digestion
- Explanation of Prakriti - the constitution
- 20 main ayurvedic herbs for cooking and their qualities
- Six main tastes and how to combine them during the cooking
- Postdigestion and role of Ayurvedic spices
- Ayurvedic food compatibility
- Menu planning
- What is pranic food, how to find, and prepare it
- Healthy lifestyle with food habits
- Main ayurvedic vegan and vegetarian recipes
- Concept of teaching methodology and how to create your own yoga class, how to reach others, obstacles in teaching
- How to observe and assess others
- How to create the asana sequence
- Obstacles in teaching
Asana alignment and adjustment
- Correct performance of asana, assistance, and adjustment
- Structural alignment of forwarding bending, back bending, twists, inventions, meditative asanas
- How to align posture according to the mobility of the client
- How to use props, strips, blankets in adjustment
- How to teach clients with physical limitations
- Depends on week schedule
- A written test in yoga philosophy, anatomy, therapy, Ayurveda, teaching methodology, pranayama, and meditation
- A correct alignment of some asanas, pranayama, meditation
- Possible injuries and how to handle it in yoga class
- You have to have interest to learn Vedic science, personal work on body and mind and not only to spend vacation as on all inclusive resort. Vedansha are spiritual Ashram and do not allow following activity: eating non-vegetarian meal, smoking, drinking alcohol, abuse their staff, show any type of sexual misconduct, manipulating, annoying other clients, damage the vedansha property, study material, interrupt teaching process.
- Individuals with disabilities or ailments, people who have any disease or unfit before the course are advised to refrain from applying. If you join course, and feel worse after this, Vedansha will help you to arrange all required medical help, but they will not allow you to continue the course and your payment will be not refunded.
- Minimum age at the time of admission is 18 years. Applicants aged over 60 years could apply after consultation with Vedansha via email.
- Pregnant women need a medical authorization permitting them to practice yoga from their own country with translation in English
- Any candidate found unfit after the commencement of the course will not be permitted to continue the training and a refund of fees and other charges will not be admissible
- This teacher training course requires educational abilities and the desire to study the program according to the standards of Yoga Alliance USA. Students are reminded to remain aware and respectful of cultural differences among the participants and teachers. Any disruptions to the teaching process or behavior deemed harmful to other students, teachers, or the institute's property is in violation of the rules and policies of Vedansha Institute. Violation of the school's policies may result in dismissal from the program without any refund of the course fees.
- The teachers are not fitness instructors, most of them are spiritual yoga masters who have a completely different way of life and devotion to their practice. Some of them are monks, pandits in temples or swamis. They request you to please be polite and respect their work. If you find something that not suitable for you or for your faith or mentality, please do not put the blame on them. Let them know at the front desk, online or just discuss with Founder Dr Pandey Ji directly if you want any changes and what you find not suitable for you. In 99% misunderstanding will be solved in a good way.
- The course language is English. Any other mentioned language is used for online communication and in some cases can be used in communication during the course on the place. If you wish to get a translator for any other language kindly request to ask about availability before booking. If a booking is done without the request of translation Vedansha have right to cancel the booking and refund the deposit. If translation will be requested on place Vedansha has right to dismiss the client from the course and do not refund the deposit. If a client request to arrange another school with appropriate language ability it can be done upon request if the school with this language is available in Rishikesh for extra costs.
- The booking should be performed by the person who is going to participate in the course. If a booking is done by the third person (relatives, friends, parents etc) the direct participant should send Vedansha an email or scanned copy of confirmation that he/she acknowledge the program, rules and regulations of the organizer.
- Any candidate who decided to change the program after arriving have to apply for it in written form. If you decide to cancel the course after arriving, Vedansha will have to charge amount that covered our costs of 30% of the course days as Vedansha reserve teacher, accommodation, meal prior to your arriving.
Sample daily schedule
- 06:00 - 06:30 Wake up and cleansing
- 06:30 - 07:00 Shatkriya and herbal tea (yogic cleansing with Jala neti (special techniques of nose cleansing), pooja (mantra recitation and fire ceremony purification)
- 07:00 - 08:30 Asanas practical class Hatha or Ashtanga style (depending on the week schedule) - learning the asana postures under the guidance of an experienced yoga teacher
- 08:30 - 09:30 Pranayama - breathing exercises
- 09:30 - 10:30 Breakfast - special yogic menu
- 10:30 - 11:30 Yoga philosophy, Ayurveda, or teaching methodology
- 11:30 - 12:30 Mantra chanting (two weeks) or asana practicum and methodology
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00 Free time
- 15:00 - 16:00 Yoga anatomy two weeks or asana alignment two weeks
- 16:00 - 17:30 Ashtanga Vinyasa or Hatha yoga (theory and practice) - the number of physical postures according to study program
- 17:30 - 18:30 Yoga Nidra or guided meditation - guided relaxation practice, meditation, and concentration
- 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner
- 20:00 - 22:00 Free time
- 22:00 - 06:00 Sleep
Two Ayurvedic cooking classes will be added during the course.
What is included
- 2 acupuncture sessions
- Eligible to register with Yoga Alliance upon completion of this Yoga Alliance Registered School program
- Theoretical and practical skills
- Mala (string of beads) energized by our Guru Ji Yogacharya Dr. S.K.Pandey
- 26 nights accommodation
- 3 times of yogic nutrition, beverages
- Yogic cleansing session
- Study materials
- Cleansing kit
- 1 t-shirt with symbolic of the school
- 2 excursions in Himalaya
- 1 short aura check up
- 2 Ayurvedic massages
- 2 Ayurvedic cooking classes
- Accompanying and supporting 24 hours assistance while you are joining this course
What is not included
- Additional activities
- Airport transfers
- Detailed aura check-up
- Detailed horoscope assessment
- Naturopathic consultation
- Other Ayurvedic procedures and consultation
- Check-in Time:13:00
- Check-out Time:12:00
Starting from January 1st, 2019, Vedansha are happy to offer absolutely great accommodation at reasonable price. Located in Tapovan, far from noisy streets and crowd in a newly built building, they offer single, shared twin, shared double, family suite and comfortable dormitory rooms. This type of accommodation will help you to relax and concentrate on your priorities of training.
There are a total of 12 air-conditioned and 4 non-air-conditioned rooms. Most of the rooms have a wonderful view on Himalayan Mountains. Each room has a big private bathroom and equipped with the following facilities:
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hot water
- Heater during the cold season
- Air conditioned
- Clean towels, bed sheets, pillow & bed covers and blankets
- Toilet paper
- Free filtered water
- Inverter and generator in case of light off
Vedansha also provide car parking and restaurant area.
Please note that sometimes the power goes off in the whole Rishikesh city area. During these moments, you will have light, air condition, Wi-Fi in your rooms because of the special electricity generator.
- Health Club
- Steam room
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Dining area
This training will be held at the Moksha Ashram and the Kriya Yoga Ashram in Rishikesh, India.
- Dehradun Airport (DED), 15 kilometers
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) - 6 hours
Things to Do
During your free time, you may go to the venue's library and relax reading a book or visit the spa center for a treatment. You may also book a private consultation for Ayurvedic or Naturopathic treatment.
Food is not provided in this price .
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- Other dietary requirements on request
- Raw Food
The following drinks are included:
Two Ayurvedic massages are included in your package. Extra massages and other spa procedures have to be paid separately.
Meet The Instructors
Sanjeev, Ashish, Awdhesh, & 10 Other
Yogachariya Dr. Sanjeev Pandey Ji is the founder of the Vedansha. He has a PhD in yoga therapy and naturopathy, and he is a Himalayan yogi from the seventh generation. 1990 -1995 University of Lucknow with the diploma of bachelor of science (ZBC) in biology. 2008 - 2011 Master degree in yogic science and human consciousness and become a Yogachariya. Since 1999, he began his teaching career in yoga in Rishikesh. Since 2016, PhD in yoga therapy and naturopathy. E-RYT 500 and member of IAYT (International Alliance of yoga therapy).
Ashish is a yoga master with a uniqueness that attracts the learners with his dynamic teaching style. He was born in a Vedic family and is a certified yoga teacher that has been teaching during six years. In this period of time, he had shown exceptional qualities of a yoga teacher in Hatha and Ashtanga style. He undertook the yogic training from the international school of yoga, Ved Niketan Dham in Rishikesh and gained the master degree in yogic sciences from the Sanskrit University in Uttarakhand.
Awdhesh is an asana teacher for Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga. He was born in Rishikesh, the capital of yoga. His yogic practice started from 2011 after he met various yoga masters who inspired him and encouraged him to come to yoga path. He began to study in Uttarakhand Sanskrit University yoga philosophy and started his own practice as well. He obtained positiveness, peace in mind, and physical health. Awdesh Semwal completed his diploma in yoga and other degrees in 2014.
Having studied Ayurveda and herbal medicine at Kanpur in the Kanpur University in 1966, Dr. Usha completed her internationally recognized bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery in 1997. Her competence is evident in her extensive and varied experience during the past 20 years, has shared her expertise as a lecturer of Kaya Chikitsa at Himalaya Ayurvedic College (Bareilly, U.P.), as a trainee physician in Arya Vaidya Sala (Kottakkal, Kerala), and Panchkarma specialist.
Pandit Shiva Ji or Jyotish Acharya is a famous traditional Vedic astrologer in Rishikesh. He is well qualified in astrology and Vedic science, he completed his Jyotish Acharya (master degree in astrological science) and Ved Acharya (master degree in Vedic science and Vastu Shastra) from Sampoorna Nanda Sanskrit University, Kashi (Varanasi), India. He worked with great Himalayan Astro Masters and he lives and teaches in Rishikesh, sharing his knowledge of Vedanta, astrology, and Vedic karma kand.
He is a master of yoga in traditional Hatha, Ashtanga, pranayama, and meditation styles. He lived in different ashrams during his childhood in north India and learned yoga from Himalayan masters. After he completes his master degree (Yogacharya) in Sanskrit University of Uttarakhand, he started to share his knowledge with his students. In free time Sandeep used to go to a spiritual place in Kedarnath and Badrinath to balance his energy and develop more in his practice. He is very polite and passionate teacher. He can teach either beginners or advanced students as well.
Hemlata Bahaguna (Yoga anatomy, and physiology teacher, physiotherapist). She was born in New Tehri, located in the Indian state of Uttrakhand. After school Hemlata entered in combined (P.G.) Institute of Medical Science and Research (CIMSR), Dehradun where she is graduated in Bachelor of Physiotherapy, during graduation she started working in the field of ‘Effect of physiotherapy on Rib-Fracture & Spinal-Cord Injuries. She is an expert in the field of yoga anatomy & physiotherapy. Hemlata Bahaguna was working in 2009-2010 CMI Hospital, Dehradun (Physiotherapy department & faculty of anatomy).
was born in Holy place and origin of Yoga – Rishikesh . He is practicing yoga since 2008. He is certified yoga teacher with Diplom from Sanskrit University of Haridwar. In 2013 he completed certification of 200 Hours of yoga alliance USA. He practicing Hatha, Karma, Bhakti, Mantra, Gyan, YIN yoga . These experience changed his life. Being a young boy he was learning yoga in Ashram from traditional yoga masters and implemented that knowledge in his teaching as well. Sonu follows yogic life style and 8 limbs of Ashtanga yoga. He is teaching beginners, intermediate & advanced classes.
Lakhiram is one of the best and talanted meditation teacher in Rishikesh. He was born in Himalayan Village and was dedicated for yoga. He completed his education in Himalayan Yoga Institute in Haridwar and choose meditation as main subject. Since 7 years he is teaching in different schools in Rishikesh meditation, mantra, kirtan.
Experienced spiritual master, yoga instructor. He born in Hariyana state in India. He completed the secondary education in HBSE in Bhiwani. His excellent notes in maths and physics gave him good opportunity to become a teacher of these subject, however the destiny offered another opportunity to him. After revealed of some health issues, where the medical science was not able to help, he started to search the holistic way of healing. Anth his path lead him in Rishikesh to Dr Pandey ji. He completed Bsc in 2015 and currently study yoga subject as additional subject. He is RYS 500, YIN Yoga
Vedansh Pandey (yoga teacher) is a son of fonder and yogi in 8-th genertion. He is dedicated to continue the vedic tradition of Pandey Ji’s family and be a yogi. He is practicing yoga since childhood, knows very well all types of fire ceremonies, kriyas, shatkarmas. He is RYT 200. He is follower of Bharadwaj Gotra line, keeps bramacharya and doing self practice daily. He masters asana, pranayama, meditation techniques under father’s control and integrate them in his teaching. He is permanent student of spiritual Anandam Gurkul and learns there from himalayan masters secrets of hatha yoga.
Jyoti is a professional female massage therapist. She completed her education in ayurveda therapy and massage in 1995 and performs massage to our female clients as well as shirodhara and other detox procedures as panchakarma.
Dr Dipak Saklani
Ayurveda doctor and teacher Dr Saklani practicing ayurveda and responsible for theoretical as well as practical classes in ayurveda therapy, cooking, massage. High qualified and experienced with practical exprience Ayurveda doctor and teacher is practicing ayurveda and responsible for theoretical as well as practical classes in ayurveda therapy, cooking, massages, Dr. Saklani complited Government Ayurvedic College, Gurukul Kangari Haridwar in 2010 (BAMS in Ayurveda, Panchakarma, SPA, Ayurvedic Medicines).
Location Moksha Ashram Badrinath Road 140 Tapovan, Rishikesh, India
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL). Alternatively, you may book your flight to arrive at Dehradun Airport (DED). Transfer from and to this airport is available upon request.
Arrival by bus
You may choose the Volvo service from Delhi, however bus traveling could cause inconveniences to first-time travelers.
Arrival by train
Please take a train to Haridwar from New Delhi Railway Station. From Haridwar, there are many transport facilities available that will bring you to Rishikesh. Transfer from and to this train station is available upon request.
Arrival by taxi
Upon your arrival to either the Dehradun Airport (DED) or the Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), you may hire a taxi. Vedansha Institute of Vedic Science and Alternative Medicine has a transport package which covers the cost from Delhi Airport to Rishikesh by taxi and back for an additional cost.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 35% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 5 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.